Ultimate Colossus versus Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Who wins?

Ult Colossus

Psyquis52
Oh gee. Let me think. Ummmmmm...

How about Hercules. Yeah. That makes sense.

The Pict
What the f**k? I think Hercules just might take it

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by The Pict
What the f**k? I think Hercules just might take it

Not unless Ultimate Colossus pulls off his undies. sick

masterbruce
Ultimate Colossus is stronger than 616 Colossus and more durable than Hercules.

He wins.

olympian
Hercules.

batdude123
Herc without trouble. He's vastly more skilled than Colossus, and his strength feats far outweigh what Ult. Colossus has shown before. Call me when Ult. Pete is as strong as Thor. Thanks...

olympian
This is bound to have someone saying that Ult Colossus is stronger than Ult Thor. Yesir.

But neither are 616 Thor lvl. Not even the Hulk.

The Pict
It might have happened off panel but Ult Juggernaut powered through the Xavier mansion and Ult Colossus with ease. So he's not the strongest mutant in the Ult universe like he has been said to be a few times.
I thought him gettin up from Magneto's control was stupid writing, but that's the best feat of his I think. And that was more willpower IMO.
And he's a lot less skilled than Hercules so Hercules every time.

guy222
Ultimate Colossus is stronger than 616 Colossus and more durable than Hercules.

He wins.

Ult Colossus Class 150

"V"
Originally posted by guy222
Ult Colossus Class 150

Class 100 means anybody that can lift 100 tons+, therefore anybody who can lift 150 tons is class 100. There is no class 100.

Probably Herc, but Colossus wouldn't go without a good fight. Experience FTW.

hunbu04
hercules is way stronger than any version of colossus plus superior h2h skills, and vast experience hercules with relative ease
no version of colossus can beat a top tier level character

jasonk3
Originally posted by olympian
This is bound to have someone saying that Ult Colossus is stronger than Ult Thor. Yesir.

But neither are 616 Thor lvl. Not even the Hulk.

Ultimate colossus is stronger than Ult Thor ; therefore Colossus ftw shifty

jks...Herc Ftw

guy222
Originally posted by "V"
Class 100 means anybody that can lift 100 tons+, therefore anybody who can lift 150 tons is class 100. There is no class 100.

Probably Herc, but Colossus wouldn't go without a good fight. Experience FTW.

Piotr has courage

jasofisc
It might have happened off panel but Ult Juggernaut powered through the Xavier mansion and Ult Colossus with ease. So he's not the strongest mutant in the Ult universe like he has been said to be a few times.
I thought him gettin up from Magneto's control was stupid writing, but that's the best feat of his I think. And that was more willpower IMO.

like you said it happened off panel so colossus could have been in his human form at the time or just not ready and hit with a full power charge. Also there are a number of things that put Ult. colossus ahead of ult. juggernaught in the strength and durriblity department. So yeah he could still be the strongest mutant in the ult. universe.

it wasn't stupid writting it was great if you think about it. mags in the ult. universe is very egotistical and if he felt like colossus was challenging his power in anyway (for instance mags ability to keep him on the ground) then instead of lifting colossus off the ground we would try to out do him.

When has herc's skill ever helped him in any fight? I mean ever, everybody always sights that, but All i ever see him doing is punching and simple wrestling moves that any high schooler would know how to do.

classic 616 mags broke free from what I believe to be a immortal herc bear hug. Classic 616 mags got beat by like every one spiderman one time if I remember correctly. So yeah I think ult. colossus overpowering ult. mags power is more impressive then anything herc has done.

What I see happening 7 out of 10 times is herc trying soming thing like leaping or spearing colossus then being smashed to the growned with such force he scream what ult. iron man screamed "Christ Almighty"

the other 3 or 4 times herc may actually use his centuries of combat experience in way that will be helpful.

jasofisc
sorry double post

masterbruce
Ultimate Colossus is much more durable than Hercules. Evn though Hercules is stronger perhaps, Colossus will shrug off Herc's blows while his fists will take a toll on Hercules after a while.

Colossus ftw.

hunbu04
I don't even think Ult Colossus is more durable than Hercules, Hercules is invulnerable to physical Injury, HE took full power blast from the posessor and still manage to be him twice and the posesser is an elder of the universe. Strength is not even close even though Ult Colossus is stronge his strength is dwalf compare to Hercules who is one of the strongest being in MU. Endurance is not even close hercules can fight indefinately he is tireless. Hercules is also faster, ult colossus is just outclass in every
department in this fight
didn't hercules like beat colossus in two pannel during the Infinity war series

jasofisc
Originally posted by hunbu04
I don't even think Ult Colossus is more durable than Hercules, Hercules is invulnerable to physical Injury, HE took full power blast from the posessor and still manage to be him twice and the posesser is an elder of the universe. Strength is not even close even though Ult Colossus is stronge his strength is dwalf compare to Hercules who is one of the strongest being in MU. Endurance is not even close hercules can fight indefinately he is tireless. Hercules is also faster, ult colossus is just outclass in every
department in this fight
didn't hercules like beat colossus in two pannel during the Infinity war series

herc got nearly beat to death by hulk, and has lost many battles. So it apears his durability goes up and down.

Why is ult. colossus' strength dwarfed by herc? I already mentioned one way ult. colossus is stronger with the magneto thing. Considering ult. colossus has stopped trains in an instant and carried a huge sub out of the water would help us believe his mags feat (not that either of those feats puts him above herc ).

i don't know about tireless he was panting pretty bad when hulk was beating him.

if he did beat colossus then it was 616 and when he was a lot less strong. but if you do have the scan I would like to see it.

hunbu04
the fight you are talking about hercules powers were cut in half by zeus in avengers after zeus to hercules he wll not extend taylor madison life because her purpose for living was over. catching a train is crap compare to punching a time/dimension portal closed, dragging an entire city, holding the earth for a thousand years, generating enough physical force to knock the planet out of it orbit, fighting ego the living planet, beating warlock to an inch of his life, beating firelord, beating the entire wreking crew to save thor, holding his own against the celestial slayer, and the destroyer, stalemating drax, and thor in h2h, and beating the high evolutionary. Ult Colossus strength feats are nothing but crap compare to those of hercules

masterbruce
the fight you are talking about hercules powers were cut in half by zeus in avengers after zeus to hercules he wll not extend taylor madison life because her purpose for living was over. catching a train is crap compare to punching a time/dimension portal closed, dragging an entire city, holding the earth for a thousand years, generating enough physical force to knock the planet out of it orbit, fighting ego the living planet, beating warlock to an inch of his life, beating firelord, beating the entire wreking crew to save thor, holding his own against the celestial slayer, and the destroyer, stalemating drax, and thor in h2h, and beating the high evolutionary. Ult Colossus strength feats are nothing but crap compare to those of hercules

hercules has never been shown to be stronger than Savage Hulk though.

hunbu04
no one has been shown to be stronger than savage hulk . and ult colossus is not even a peer to top tier level characters.

snoopdogg
Should be a good fight. Goliath knocked Hercs. @ss out cold with a couple judo tosses maybe Colossus could do the same. Herc. should win this though. Ult. Thors experience didn't seem to help him very much in his battle with Colossus however.

hunbu04
Goliath or Atlas
Herc did pay Atlas back for that cheap shot in Avengers When hercules trashed the entire thunderbolts roster and it was even stated in that issue that hercules was still depower and Atlas himself admitted that mortal hercules was more powerful than him

snoopdogg
Goliath or Atlas
Herc did pay Atlas back for that cheap shot in Avengers When hercules trashed the entire thunderbolts roster and it was even stated in that issue that hercules was still depower and Atlas himself admitted that mortal hercules was more powerful than him What issue are you talking about?

Hercules
To be fair Goliath Blind sided him and he was drugged and drunk at the time, hardly a fair fight, plus he had just been fighting Mr Hyde, The Wrecking Crew and Tiger Shark.

Mortal Hercules went through the Thunderbolts and beat Atlas in revenge.

If were talking low end showings, Falcon using his thumbs and a pistol took colossus down, so feat wars swing both ways.

Hercules
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What issue are you talking about?

Hes talking about Thunderbolts 22 I believe.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Hercules
To be fair Goliath Blind sided him and he was drugged and drunk at the time, hardly a fair fight, plus he had just been fighting Mr Hyde, The Wrecking Crew and Tiger Shark.

Mortal Hercules went through the Thunderbolts and beat Atlas in revenge.

If were talking low end showings, Falcon using his thumbs and a pistol took colossus down, so feat wars swing both ways. That wasn't a low showing for Colossus though. His eyes are vulnerable like Hercs are. Hawkeye just exploited that.

Hercules
That wasn't a low showing for Colossus though. His eyes are vulnerable like Hercs are. Hawkeye just exploited that.

It was Falcon and the point was that Colossus fought like an idiot, he should have crushed Sam before he had the chance.

Jean and Logan got punked in that issue too, Logan even makes reference to it.

At least it took a grenade to take out Logan though, it did show that Colossus is a little naive in combat, being as he is still quite young in the Ultimate universe IIRC.

My point is, that Goliath grabbing a drunken and drugged Herc from behind by his foot and swinging him into stuff before he has chance to react is comparable to Falcon thumbing Peter in the eyes and putting a gun to his eyeballs.

Neither are really impressive showings for either.

snoopdogg
Well I don't count that as a low-showing for Colossus. Hawkeye just plain took Colossus down using his brain.

Hercules
Well I don't count that as a low-showing for Colossus. Hawkeye just plain took Colossus down using his brain.

Fair enough but it wasn't Hawkeye, it was Sam Wilson, Falcon, in Ultimate Nightmare.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Hercules
Fair enough but it wasn't Hawkeye, it was Sam Wilson, Falcon, in Ultimate Nightmare. Oh yea my bad. Hawkeye took him down another time.

tkitna
Hercules drank beer with Galactus. Thats better than any feat Colossus has.

Herc ftw

Soljer
That wasn't a low showing for Colossus though. His eyes are vulnerable like Hercs are. Hawkeye just exploited that.

Like herc's?

Isn't Herc about as durable as Thor? Hasn't Thor taken bullets to the eye?

Redatom65
laughing

Herc actually posted in a Hercules thread. You must be bored amigo.

Hercules wins

hunbu04
thanks joljer Hercules is just as durable as thor according to handbook and you guys always going around qouting handbook because it say colossus is nigh invulnerable. what has colossus survive to be nigh invulnerable. what are some of colossus high durability feat. because if you are looking for high durability feats hercules feats dwalf colossus yet again.
while korvac blast first blast killed every other avangers he had to use a second one . Hercules took two point blank shots from korvac and he was still alive.
Warlock Karma Blast was useless against hercules when hercules beat him in infinity watch
The Pososser energy blast was also useless against hercules and he is an elder of the universe

snoopdogg
thanks joljer Hercules is just as durable as thor according to handbook and you guys always going around qouting handbook because it say colossus is nigh invulnerable. what has colossus survive to be nigh invulnerable. what are some of colossus high durability feat. because if you are looking for high durability feats hercules feats dwalf colossus yet again.
while korvac blast first blast killed every other avangers he had to use a second one . Hercules took two point blank shots from korvac and he was still alive.
Warlock Karma Blast was useless against hercules when hercules beat him in infinity watch
The Pososser energy blast was also useless against hercules and he is an elder of the universe Wolverines claws beat anything you must mumbled right there.

I already said Herc. wins. Colossus is just a punk kid yet.

Metalmanx

I'd just like to clarify that Ult. Juggy took Ult. Colossus completely by surprise. Were they to meet again and ready for each other, I think the tables would be completely turned.

And it's not like Ult. Colossus is weak. He's had some amazing feats. You only need to check his respect thread (it's combined with the 616 Colossus thread) to see them.

Metalmanx

This still does not make any sense. It completely contradicts his two other feats.

1. Lifting the submarine from the OCEAN FLOOR to land. Were his eyes normal/vulnerable, they would've easily popped under the pressure of the extreme depths in which the sub was located.

2. Taking point-blank a localized nuke arrow from Ult. Hawkeye. If his eyes were normal/vulnerable, they would've melted/vaporized in the sockets.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. sad

King_Mungi
I agree, by all accounts they should be much more durable than just your average eyes, but bleh! the wonders of comics physics.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx

It makes absolutely no sense at all. sad

comics often don't.

btw, who do you think wins this battle?

King KAM
people forget ult.collosus best feat imo.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3010/colcm5.jpg
but the fact of the matter is this, Immortal hercules has held the heavens on his shoulders, crushed Titans skulls into powder, pulled manhattan on his back.

Collosus has lifted subs out the ocean, stopped trains with his bare hands, and resisted ult. magnetos magnetic pull.

The fact of the matter is, that we simply can't go with Collosus in this case for the simple fact that Herc's feats outclass him in everything from strength, to durabilty, and fighting ability. To go with Col. is to go against all facts, and you can do that....i just wouldnt reccomend it.

Faceman
Herc. makes Colossus his eternal bitcch....

King KAM
Originally posted by Faceman
Herc. makes Colossus his eternal bitcch.... dude...ive been doing some sweet debating lately huh?

Faceman
Originally posted by King KAM
dude...ive been doing some sweet debating lately huh? Always ! big grin

masterbruce
with Herc's feats, alot of those came in the early days of comics when everything was exaggerated and completely unrealistic...lifting heavens, pulling Manhattan...I mean, come on!

no way could Hercules do any of those things in today's comics...as comics try to strive for some degree of realism.

so I think its unfair to Colossus to use feats of Hercules that are clearly hyperbole.

King KAM
with Herc's feats, alot of those came in the early days of comics when everything was exaggerated and completely unrealistic...lifting heavens, pulling Manhattan...I mean, come on!

no way could Hercules do any of those things in today's comics...as comics try to strive for some degree of realism.

so I think its unfair to Colossus to use feats of Hercules that are clearly hyperbole. hyperbole??? I mean... how is it hyperbole??? It is well documented that one of labors of hercules was when he replaced the titan atlas, he stood at the edge of the earth and lifted the heavens, and yes he pulled manhattan.

Hercules isnt weak, he is unmotivated anytime he ever actually gets serious lately in comics he wins, or dominated, but until he does(get serious) than he seems unimpressive.

hunbu04
the facts is that colossus have not beaten any top tier or herald level characters in his entire life while on the other hand hercules have beaten or stalemated several top tier and herald level characters.
Thor beat H2H/stalemated him in journey into mystry/thor blood oath
Hulk stalemated him in Tales to Astonished 79
HE avenger evolutionary war
Firelord stalemated and humble thor/avangers
Adam Warlock infinity watch
Atlas and the enitre thunderbolts in thunderbolts 22
Drax in infinity watch
beat colossus in two pannel in infinity war
Ares several times
Pluto a death god
Possessor defeated him twice first in thor than in champions
stalemated Maxam and Maxam admitted that they were physically equal
crushed Clor in recent Civil war also in civil war run threw dco samson,she hulk, and spiderman as if they were not there resisted ironman sonic attack
those are just few of hercules feats can you named some of colossus's oh I forgot he got none

masterbruce
hyperbole??? I mean... how is it hyperbole??? It is well documented that one of labors of hercules was when he replaced the titan atlas, he stood at the edge of the earth and lifted the heavens, and yes he pulled manhattan.

Hercules isnt weak, he is unmotivated anytime he ever actually gets serious lately in comics he wins, or dominated, but until he does(get serious) than he seems unimpressive.

"he stood on the edge of the earth"

think about how stupid that statement is

"lifted the heavens"

Is heaven a tangible object that could be lifted in Marvel comics?

How many tons is heaven?

hunbu04
IN marvel Cannon Hercules lifted the earth while standing in a magical realm

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by jasofisc
like you said it happened off panel so colossus could have been in his human form at the time or just not ready and hit with a full power charge. Also there are a number of things that put Ult. colossus ahead of ult. juggernaught in the strength and durriblity department. So yeah he could still be the strongest mutant in the ult. universe.

Ult. Juggernaut is Stronger than Ult. Colossus.

Colossus was in his metal form before Juggernaut attacked the Mansion. The writer even commented that Juggernaut knocked the metal right out of him. I am pretty sure they don't meet again. If so, someone correct me.

masterbruce
IN marvel Cannon Hercules lifted the earth while standing in a magical realm

when did this occur? like in the early days of comics when everything was ridiculous like SUperman sneezing a galaxy away?

Metalmanx
comics often don't.

btw, who do you think wins this battle?

I'm still not sure actually. Is this Mortal Hercules?

Owning all of the Ultimate X-Men run so far, I know of all the strength feats that Colossus has, and they are very impressive.

I mean, it is entirely possible for Colossus to win this.

By the way, wasn't that "Herc pulling Manhattan" thing just an exaggeration he made up to impress some listeners? I thought I remember there being some joke about it in the comic in which he talks about the supposed feat.

masterbruce
I'm still not sure actually. Is this Mortal Hercules?

Owning all of the Ultimate X-Men run so far, I know of all the strength feats that Colossus has, and they are very impressive.

I mean, it is entirely possible for Colossus to win this.

By the way, wasn't that "Herc pulling Manhattan" thing just an exaggeration he made up to impress some listeners? I thought I remember there being some joke about it in the comic in which he talks about the supposed feat.

this is current herc

Soljer
Herc holding the world may have been Hyperbole.

He actually pulled manhattan.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer

think about it, if he had the strength to lift the world, he should be able to beat other powerhouses like Hulk with his pinky (considering Hulk struggles to lift a mountain, which isn't even 1/1,000,000th the weight of earth)

Ptr_Grifin

Yeah, it was a huge exaggeration on his part. His was telling story to some kids and even they didn't believe it. I think he even said that he exaggerated a bit.

It looked quite funny as well. He lifts the entire island out of the water from the edge.

King KAM
"he stood on the edge of the earth"

think about how stupid that statement is

"lifted the heavens"

Is heaven a tangible object that could be lifted in Marvel comics?

How many tons is heaven? read some greek mythology than maybe youd know something you ****ing idiot. Hercules newest mini-series, all of his labors were proven to be true, so in 616 continuity, hercules stood at the edge of the earth and held up the heavens.

masterbruce
read some greek mythology than maybe youd know something you ****ing idiot. Hercules newest mini-series, all of his labors were proven to be true, so in 616 continuity, hercules stood at the edge of the earth and held up the heavens.

I know my greek mythology...Marvel comics Hercules isn't the same as greek mythology hercules.

You're calling me an idiot yet you think someone could stand on the edge of the earth (just a clue, the earth is a sphere, even in comics, there are no edges, you dumb illiterate d1ck)

King KAM
I know my greek mythology...Marvel comics Hercules isn't the same as greek mythology hercules.

You're calling me an idiot yet you think someone could stand on the edge of the earth (just a clue, the earth is a sphere, even in comics, there are no edges, you dumb illiterate d1ck) marvel hercules did indeed do the 12 labors that greek hercules did.

so once again you are wrong.

you are arguing logic in a universe where a man shoots optic blasts from his eyes, and others are born with wings.

*edit* oh yeah and ummmm...i dunno kiss my ass, or something of that nature, whatever you kids say to "diss" each other these days.

bigbran
think about it, if he had the strength to lift the world, he should be able to beat other powerhouses like Hulk with his pinky (considering Hulk struggles to lift a mountain, which isn't even 1/1,000,000th the weight of earth) Agreed... but meh...
Also Thor has lifted the weight of the world...

King KAM
Originally posted by bigbran
Agreed... but meh...
Also Thor has lifted the weight of the world... when he lifted the midgard serpent, and thor has said it himself that hercules is his physical superior.

bigbran
when he lifted the midgard serpent, and thor has said it himself that hercules is his physical superior. Yup.

Nope, they are equal in physical strength, while Thor said that Herc was slightly better in fighting skills.

King KAM
Yup.

Nope, they are equal in physical strength, while Thor said that Herc was slightly better in fighting skills. i coulda swore different but...ill see, you could be right.

bigbran
i coulda swore different but...ill see, you could be right. They have always been equal... in my mind anyway...
Also, the last fight they had in Blood Oath, had Thor saying they were equal in strength... but Herc had the slight skill edge, and then he put Thor in choke after he suprised him with it...

Accel
Originally posted by Soljer

I think I recall the Manhattan feat being retconned into just being another myth.

King KAM
They have always been equal... in my mind anyway...
Also, the last fight they had in Blood Oath, had Thor saying they were equal in strength... but Herc had the slight skill edge, and then he put Thor in choke after he suprised him with it... he did say that in h2h herc was his better, but i beleived herc was stronger too, but for now im cool with saying they are equals.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Ult. Juggernaut is Stronger than Ult. Colossus.

Colossus was in his metal form before Juggernaut attacked the Mansion. The writer even commented that Juggernaut knocked the metal right out of him. I am pretty sure they don't meet again. If so, someone correct me.

either way he took colossus by surprize so it wasn't a real fight. even so it's still pis because of the low low low showings ult. jugs has had after that. After that he didn't have any showing that would but him on the level of colossus in any way. He was took down by a kick to the stomach from cap, and was taken down by gambit even after having the gen of cytorock by a falling (half finished if even that) building. So yeah colossus is still the strongest mutant in ULT. MU

jasofisc
marvel hercules did indeed do the 12 labors that greek hercules did.

so once again you are wrong.

you are arguing logic in a universe where a man shoots optic blasts from his eyes, and others are born with wings.

*edit* oh yeah and ummmm...i dunno kiss my ass, or something of that nature, whatever you kids say to "diss" each other these days.

it still needs to make some kind of sense. Also I thought the myth went that herc lifted the entire world not just the heavens. lifting he heavens is not that big of deal since it weights less then air.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by jasofisc
either way he took colossus by surprize so it wasn't a real fight. even so it's still pis because of the low low low showings ult. jugs has had after that. After that he didn't have any showing that would but him on the level of colossus in any way. He was took down by a kick to the stomach from cap, and was taken down by gambit even after having the gen of cytorock by a falling (half finished if even that) building. So yeah colossus is still the strongest mutant in ULT. MU

I am just going by what the writer said. I don't believe it was completely by surprise, the mansion was being attacked before they sent him in I believe. As for Gambit, it wasn't indicated that he was beat or not. Most believe he wasn't. Anyways, why would he care about a guy with normal human durability after a building had fallen on him?

Colossus took hits from Thor and Ironman no problem. So Juggs taking him out is a huge feat.

Do you happen to know of any issues of when Juggernaut appeared or the arc he appeared in? I have been having trouble locating the issues.

Metalmanx
I'd just like to clarify that Ult. Juggy took Ult. Colossus completely by surprise. Were they to meet again and ready for each other, I think the tables would be completely turned.

And it's not like Ult. Colossus is weak. He's had some amazing feats. You only need to check his respect thread (it's combined with the 616 Colossus thread) to see them.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I am just going by what the writer said. I don't believe it was completely by surprise, the mansion was being attacked before they sent him in I believe. As for Gambit, it wasn't indicated that he was beat or not. Most believe he wasn't. Anyways, why would he care about a guy with normal human durability after a building had fallen on him?

Colossus took hits from Thor and Ironman no problem. So Juggs taking him out is a huge feat.

Do you happen to know of any issues of when Juggernaut appeared or the arc he appeared in? I have been having trouble locating the issues.

Yeah but juggs wanted rogue not necessarily to beat up gambit. So after gambit was beat juggs should have continued to go after rogue which he didn't most likely because he couldn't. the mansion was being attack at another corner then collosus was at he wouldn't have know the danger and juggs rushed into the school so fast that the windows broke.

um 7-12 (the weapon x story line) and I can't remember the others besides ultimate war 1. other then that i could search though the uncanny x-men.net site under the issue summaries but i don't want to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.