Would Sidious(Palpatine) intervene?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Count Makashi
We know that Dooku was betrayed by Sidious, when he told him he would intervene in case of defeat against Skywalker. What if, in this case
Sidious said to Dooku to kill Anakin, not capture him like in the novel(ROTS) and lets say that Dooku defeated Anakin and sliced his hands like Anakin did to Dooku in the movies, would Sidious intervene to save Anakins life.

I know Sidious is a Sith Lord(no mercy, compassion and stuff like that) and he didn't care nothing for Maul and Dooku, but i think that deep inside he cared about Anakin, like when he comes to Mustafar and says, there he is and puts his hands on Anakin, to keep him alive, i felt that he generally cared for Anakin, not to mention, that in this make believe scenario Dooku cut of only his one hand(fist),one was already mechanical, Anakin would still become much more powerful.

Your thoughts.

MC_GG
BS Palpatine didn't give a s*** about Anakin or Dooku. He used both of them for his own purposes. He used Dooku to get Anakin to use his anger to defeat Dooku. He used Anakin to keep the Empire in control because Palpatine has the brains not the strength and that's where Anakin came in handy.

Darth Scythe
He would not intervene. Anakin losing would have meant he was weaker than Dooku so what would have been the use of saving him?

He only saved him on Mustafar because he was really his only option for a pupil at that point. If he thought he could have turned someone stronger than Anakin over to the darkside at that point he would have 'cut his losses' so to speak with him.

Darth Subjekt
And its too bad that Anakin won fairly. Just because he may have said he'd intervene, doesn't mean let Anakin kill you. But no, he would not interfere.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
He would not intervene. Anakin losing would have meant he was weaker than Dooku so what would have been the use of saving him?

But Anakin would still become allot more powerful, then he wose in ROTS, even in this make believe case, not to mention it would make controling Anakin easier.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
And its too bad that Anakin won fairly. Just because he may have said he'd intervene, doesn't mean let Anakin kill you. .

I never said that, i agree and have said numerous times in other posts, that Anakin won because he is better swordsman, not because Sidious told him to lose.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Count Makashi
But Anakin would still become allot more powerful, then he wose in ROTS, even in this make believe case, not to mention it would make controling Anakin easier. He didn't want, "Could become more powerful later," he wanted "good now." Not to mention, he'd lose Anakin if he DID intervene. Dumb as he is, I'm pretty sure Anakin would be wondering, "Why is Count Dooku taking orders from someone who's supposed to be his enemy?"

queeq
What a silly thread.

Count Makashi
Sorry, close it- i just felt that he cared a little for Anakin.

queeq
OKiday. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.