People of Jewish Descent vs African Americans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
oddly, i was listening to the radio and what pops up? a discussion on who has been the more 'persecuted' people. opened up an interesting discussion centering on a comparison of the two cultures and what, as a people they HAVE suffered, and in many places (incredibly) STILL suffer. i'm sure people reading this right now have suffered the effects at one time or another of racism.

as soon as i begin to think we've turned the corner on this type of racism, something invariably comes up to prove otherwise. it really is amazing to me that in this day and age of a shrinking world, there exists still so much hatred dictated solely by culture or physical appearance. racism takes quite different forms in various parts of the world, but even in shy, quiet, and accepting canada, these feelings exist. are other forms of racism more pronounced where you are? do we have the RIGHT to compare such things and SHOULD we compare them? is there a way to say one people's suffering is greater than another's?

beyond all that -- what do you think it would take to finally end racism? is greater education enough?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by leonidas
oddly, i was listening to the radio and what pops up? a discussion on who has been the more 'persecuted' people. opened up an interesting discussion centering on a comparison of the two cultures and what, as a people they HAVE suffered, and in many places (incredibly) STILL suffer. i'm sure people reading this right now have suffered the effects at one time or another of racism.

There's no group in the history of the world that has been shitted on more than the Jews. African Americans cant even begin to compare; their "400 years of oppression" is nothing compared to all the people who have been killing Jews for the past 3,000 years.

are other forms of racism more pronounced where you are?

Yep. In many of the ghetto-ass Mexican barrios here, there is an anti-White sentiment. Especially towards blonde men.

They're the kind of hood that a blue-eyed blonde-haired whiteboy in a suit doesnt wanna be walking through by himself at night.

do we have the RIGHT to compare such things and SHOULD we compare them?

Yeah why not?

is there a way to say one people's suffering is greater than another's?

Of course.

beyond all that -- what do you think it would take to finally end racism?

Nothing, because its impossible. Thats a pointless pursuit.

Tangible God

as soon as i begin to think we've turned the corner on this type of racism, something invariably comes up to prove otherwise. it really is amazing to me that in this day and age of a shrinking world, there exists still so much hatred dictated solely by culture or physical appearance. racism takes quite different forms in various parts of the world, but even in shy, quiet, and accepting canada, these feelings exist. are other forms of racism more pronounced where you are? do we have the RIGHT to compare such things and SHOULD we compare them? is there a way to say one people's suffering is greater than another's?

beyond all that -- what do you think it would take to finally end racism? is greater education enough? Blend everyone in the world into one race and culture, simple solution.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
There's no group in the history of the world that has been shitted on more than the Jews. African Americans cant even begin to compare; their "400 years of oppression" is nothing compared to all the people who have been killing Jews for the past 3,000 years.

Yep. In many of the ghetto-ass Mexican barrios here, there is an anti-White sentiment. Especially towards blonde men.

They're the kind of hood that a blue-eyed blonde-haired whiteboy in a suit doesnt wanna be walking through by himself at night.

Yeah why not?

Of course.

Nothing, because its impossible. Thats a pointless pursuit.

Agreed on all acounts.

J-Beowulf
There is no combination of race and sex that is not oppressed or discriminated against somewhere in the world.

PiruBlood
racism sux. like i said before f*ck the racist crap. and to me it is bull sh*t that racist people get away with alot of the sh*t they do. im white and my girlfriends black. what i think is disgusting is that when we are at a movie we get the typical whitey is dating a black b*tch. i love the girl to death but i hate seeing our relationship get f*cked up by some racist jerk offs.

leonidas

depends on how far back you want to look at slavery in africa. 5000 years ago africans were used as slaves. it was almost 1000 years ago that they were actually traded as such.

because i wonder if by comparing one, we downplay the other. the jews suffered unnameable atrocities at the hands of the nazis, but can we say the atrocities they suffered were worse than what the chinese at nanking suffered at the hands of the japanese? impossible to say. the japanese themselves later suffered enormously at the hands of americans after the war.

maybe . . .

on this point i'm afraid, we totally agree. sad i do wonder WHY racism is so entrenched in us as a people, though.

Kinneary
The herd instinct.

Symmetric Chaos

beyond all that -- what do you think it would take to finally end racism? is greater education enough?

Genocide.

Seriously. If there aren't any human left to be racist racism ends. Besides the survivors will have to learn to get along or die in the hellish wasteland that is left after we're done.

Soleran

Day, night it doesn't matter stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
Day, night it doesn't matter stick out tongue dur

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
dur

You're East Side, you wouldn't understand pirate

Rogue Jedi
i'd rather be enslaved than herded into a camp, malnutritioned, and gassed to death.

supremthor
this all has to do with how man likes to feel higher then others.. how we all like to think were betta then the next person..and when we start thinking like that we start acting like it.. maybe its nature maybe were stupid.. matter like these really get me thinking.. we are supposed to be the smartest creatures on the planet yet we all the only creatures who divide ourselves based on wealth, the color of our skins and our believes.,, i m going off topic but its just matters like this makes me wonder if thers a point to humanity.. like how jews are hated n how some people act around me 4 the the fact that i m black... some times people reaction are not there fault it an impulse..

Badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
You're East Side, you wouldn't understand pirate nutnut

tabby999
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i'd rather be enslaved than herded into a camp, malnutritioned, and gassed to death.

botankus
Is Samuel L. Jackson Jewish? Okay, okay, so he's not. But if he was, he would've killed two birds with one stone in Black Snake Moan. Now that's reparation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.