Lord Of The Rings Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
(Okay, I searched for any given topic, adn found one that, although mentioning an online tolkien rpg, didnt specifically mention LOTRO, so please forgive me if it's my error for starting this topic)

So, Lord of the Rings online...

There may not be many MMO players here, I myself have only ever played Star Wars: Galaxies because it is Star Wars, and I am very excited at the imminent launch of LOTRO.

So, a discussion it is, but first for those who do not know, check out http://lotro.turbine.com. Although the game only offers some of the lands of Eriador at the moment, the rest of Middle Earth will eventually be included, and I, myself cannot wait.

Scottie
Wrong Forum

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/

exanda kane
It is?

I was pitching this towards Tolkien fans, as I consider myself more of a Tolkien fan than a gamer, and as I stated, am playing the game because it is Lord of the Rings.

Albeit, the game does not have the movie license so therefore, on a technical basis you could be right, but many threads specifically transcend the boundaries of PJ's Trilogy...

Nethertheless, if you are right, I am sorry.

exanda kane
No one interested in this?

Shame. Fun dashing around Ered Luin with the title "Maglin of Mirkwood".

chillmeistergen
I'm really interested in getting this. It looks fantastic, I'm just worried my laptop won't meet the system requirements.

Flying High
it'd be quite cool to play...appeals mre to me than other online games...

plus..i work in a games store and could get money off it :P

exanda kane
If your a Lord of the Rings fanatic, and have ample or moderate time on your hands, then I really suggest you have a go. Even if your not into video games, but a Tolkien fan, take a look.

Because of the licensing, your not walking around in Peter Jackson's Middle Earth; but on the other hand your walking around in Tolkien's Middle Earth. The Ered Luin look wonderful.

ADarksideJedi
Thanks for the link!jm

lilylidou
I had played it.
But it's complex for me

Violent2Dope
I'm a gamer and a LOTR fan so this is doubly exciting for me.

thefallen544
I have it, indeed it is good fun hehe.

exanda kane
I enjoyed hunting Wargs with my Sinderin Hunter Maglin in the lands of old Arnor :-)

Tell me, do you know if you can reach the Grey Havens yet?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by thefallen544
I have it, indeed it is good fun hehe.

Really? Because I was afraid that it would be too much like World of Warcraft and you do nothing but fetch quest after fetch quest.

thefallen544
I play on the European Role Play server people tend to get a bit more involved in the story there.

exanda kane
I've heard mention from old friends (I only played BETA and don't have the time of the week to justify paying for the game) that the RP is very good, like a "kinship " (LOTRO term for guild to those outsiders) RPing fully as brigands and ruffians of Bree. Friend of mine who has a Dwarf of Durins folk got mugged there the other day. how queer.

Bray
Yeah I'm thinking of getting it, don't know if I will spend alot of time on it. Still playing BFME 2 atm and have to get the witch king expansion as yet.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by thefallen544
I play on the European Role Play server people tend to get a bit more involved in the story there.

Well I'm still playing the Rise of the Witch-king expansion so I really don't want to divide my attention on two LotR games considering both are PC.

chillmeistergen
Well, let's face it; they're both entirely different in gameplay.

exanda kane
Aye, and one will keep you more occupied. That being LOTRO.

ESB -1138
Play a single online battle with BFME2 and that'll take hours among hours of time right there.

exanda kane
Play LOTRO for a level and you have a day gone.

chillmeistergen
I've finally made up my mind to definitely buy this game, as soon as I can afford it. Which will be next friday.

I'm re reading the books at the moment, and there's just so many places I can't wait to see in the game. I.e Lothlorien, Moria, Cahadras etc etc etc.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I've finally made up my mind to definitely buy this game, as soon as I can afford it. Which will be next friday.

I'm re reading the books at the moment, and there's just so many places I can't wait to see in the game. I.e Lothlorien, Moria, Cahadras etc etc etc.

I may get LOTRO but I just don't want to go through the entire process in which it takes to get the game on. I'm good with BFME2 Rise of the Witch-king right now.

exanda kane
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Sadly, the regions of Rhovanion have not been implemented in the game yet. It stretches pretty much to the Trollshaws and Rivendell, but honestly, even missing out Lothlorien et cetera at this early stage of the game is hardly apparent; the environments of Eriador makes up for it.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by exanda kane
Sadly, the regions of Rhovanion have not been implemented in the game yet. It stretches pretty much to the Trollshaws and Rivendell, but honestly, even missing out Lothlorien et cetera at this early stage of the game is hardly apparent; the environments of Eriador makes up for it.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll be entertained by the shire alone for days and days. I actually can't wait to get it now.

exanda kane
Yes, the developers managed to squeeze a hell of a lot of content out of just Eriador; from mundane but comical pie eating contests in the Shire, to patrolling the marches of Ered Luin against gobblins, it's all a bit of fun really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.