Which team would you hire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Assume you're the Mayor of a large city ridden with crime by both ordinary criminals and super-villains. You have created an ad to hire a team of super-heroes to clean up your city. Which team will you hire? Consider team balance as well as personalities.

Team A: Captain America, Spiderman, Human Torch, White Queen, and Hercules

Team B: Cyclops, Dare Devil, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, and Thing

Team C: Black Panther, Deadpool, Vision, Iceman, and She-Hulk

Team D: Reed Richards, Wolverine, Namor, Storm, and Colossus

Please state your reason for choosing your team.

Symmetric Chaos
Team D

ReedRichards and Namor would be able to provide my city with technology that the others (even BP) could not.

Also thanks to Namor any ports in my city would be well protected.

Storm can maintain climate conditions that would be benificial to tourism.

Having Colossus and Wolvie means that no matter what happens the team will have inspiration to keep going.

As a group enemies of all types will be easy to face.

The group also has several charismatic members who are good for PR and is more racially diverse than some of the others which (as mayor) will make me popular with the voters.

Redatom65
team A

jrodslam
OMG! Talk about mismatch.

Teams C & D are easily the more powerful.

Team C - Panthers resourses/tech, Icemans power, DP's healing and assassin skills, She-Hulks stregth and Visions intangibility. Also Bobby and Deadpools wisecracks during battle would be classic.

Team D - Reeds brain, Namors power with the help of Many Atlanteans and tech, Colossus's strength and durability, Storms powers, Wolvies healing factor.

Teams A and B would be a good fight for 3rd place contacts. Still both powerful but not as much as C and D imo.

masterbruce
very nice explanation sym, you even considered your popularity with the citizenry!

make sure to submit your vote in the poll!

masterbruce
Originally posted by jrodslam
OMG! Talk about mismatch.

Teams C & D are easily the more powerful.

Team C - Panthers resourses/tech, Icemans power, DP's healing and assassin skills, She-Hulks stregth and Visions intangibility. Also Bobby and Deadpools wisecracks during battle would be classic.

Team D - Reeds brain, Namors power with the help of Many Atlanteans and tech, Colossus's strength and durability, Storms powers, Wolvies healing factor.

Teams A and B would be a good fight for 3rd place contacts. Still both powerful but not as much as C and D imo.

I tried to make each team as balanced as possible, but obviously I couldn't make all four teams completely equal and tried to have each team be better than the others at something.

Team A has one of the best leaders in Cap, a brilliant and the strongest street leveler in Spiderman, a powerful being if used correctly in Torch, the only real telepath in White Queen, and one of the strongest bricks in Hercules.

Team B has a powerful leader in Cyclops, a versatile street leveler in DD, a technogenius with great resources and powerful all around fighter in Iron Man, an incredibly useful ally in Invisible Woman, and a great brick with heart in Thing.

So don't discount any of these teams! and submit your votes!

jrodslam
Originally posted by masterbruce
I tried to make each team as balanced as possible, but obviously I couldn't make all four teams completely equal and tried to have each team be better than the others at something.

Team A has one of the best leaders in Cap, a brilliant and the strongest street leveler in Spiderman, a powerful being if used correctly in Torch, the only real telepath in White Queen, and one of the strongest bricks in Hercules.

Team B has a powerful leader in Cyclops, a versatile street leveler in DD, a technogenius with great resources and powerful all around fighter in Iron Man, an incredibly useful ally in Invisible Woman, and a great brick with heart in Thing.

So don't discount any of these teams! and submit your votes!

No no. Im sorry if i made it seem like the was discounting the first 2 teams. Its just that the last 2 would have the city on more of a lockdown imo. Wakandan and Atlantean tech > anything Ironman has to offer. It does help that Emma is the only telepath out of the 4 groups. Im just saying that if i was a criminal, id be much more fearful of teams c&d.

masterbruce
I just voted for Cyclops' team.

Cyclops is the most powerful leader, he could take out entire groups of villains with area wide blasts. He's also a very level headed leader and sure to instill trust among his teammates.

Dare Devil is a very street savy crime fighter, and his unique senses will allow him to contribute to his team.

Iron Man is a genius and has enough resources to supply the entire team. He's also extremely powerful and versatile and can handle all types of situations.

Invisible Woman can not only protect every teammate with her shields, she could also use her invisibility and forcefields in other more creative ways. She is an invaluable member.

The Thing is the heart of this team. He will fight on and never give up no matter the odds and this will inspire his teammates as well. He's also incredibly strong and tough and his humorous presence will be loved by his fellow teammates.

This is a cohesive team that will be very powerful to face against.

Soljer
We're worried about cleaning up the city?

The White Queen mind ****s EVERY criminal into mopping and sweeping. They subsequently jump off the nearest bridge and drown themselves.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
We're worried about cleaning up the city?

The White Queen mind ****s EVERY criminal into mopping and sweeping. They subsequently jump off the nearest bridge and drown themselves.

And then you have CivilWar all over again not very good for the mayor.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
And then you have CivilWar all over again not very good for the mayor.

agreed. I don't think abusing your power and possibly making human rights violations will ingratiate you with your citizenry.

Soljer
But the citizens will never notice. Emma makes all that happens happen invisibly.

No one's the wiser.

Symmetric Chaos
But the citizens will never notice. Emma makes all that happens happen invisibly.

No one's the wiser.

No one will notice the stench of rotting corpses in the river system?

hmm I guess you could lobotomize the citizens.

Soljer
No one will notice the stench of rotting corpses in the river system?

hmm I guess you could lobotomize the citizens.

The 'jump into the river and drown themselves' wasn't meant to be literal.

My very post itself was a joke -_-.

You people take these things too seriously.

Symmetric Chaos
The 'jump into the river and drown themselves' wasn't meant to be literal.

My very post itself was a joke -_-.

You people take these things too seriously.

hmm A joke.

This is not a concept I have previously encountered on KMC. Everyone here seems to be completely emotionless.

Soljer
hmm A joke.

This is not a concept I have previously encountered on KMC. Everyone here seems to be completely emotionless.

Seems that way. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
pitt_shifty

Join Us Soljer. Join Us.

You Will Be Happy.

bigbran
Defenders, minus Hulk, because Hulk would f*ck over the city instead... or I could just have Strange and Surfer heal everything back.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by bigbran
Defenders, minus Hulk, because Hulk would f*ck over the city instead... or I could just have Strange and Surfer heal everything back.

*points and laughs*

Would be a good group though.

bigbran
*points and laughs*

Would be a good group though. I know... but I don't abide by pre-made rules in threads, when I don't feel like it...

Tool.

Symmetric Chaos
I know... but I don't abide by pre-made rules in threads, when I don't feel like it...

Tool.

ermm Terrorist

stick out tongue

bigbran
ermm Terrorist

stick out tongue Jehovah's witness.

masterbruce
Sorry to be the tight ass, but please keep on topic smile

Also, bigbran, I didn't include guys like Surfer, Strange, and Thor on purpose because they're too powerful and might make the team less interesting.

Faceman
No offense to anyone, but i would hire team A . The team can just sit back while Hercules does all the work.

SpunkySmurph
Team A: Captain America, Spiderman, Human Torch, White Queen, and Hercules

Emma can keep any low criminals in the city under control, and any super villains as well, by herself. Also she'll know about danger before the cops will.

Captain A provides the iconic quality to the citizens. Assuming this is pre-CW, any american will love a team with their Captain on it. Also his jobber aura would be a huge boost.

Spiderman is ALSO hugely iconic, and is capable of handeling all threats from low-level criminals to giving Ironman-level a hard time

Hercules- I won't even bothering explaining this one. WTFpwning Clor ftw! smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Faceman
No offense to anyone, but i would hire team A . The team can just sit back while Hercules does all the work.

And by Hercules, you clearly mean Emma Frost.

bigbran
No offense to anyone, but i would hire team A . The team can just sit back while Hercules does all the work. Racist...

Faceman
Racist... In some areas of my home town Greek Gods are not allowed to sit on a public bus, or even eat in the same restaurants as us.... sad I guess the racism is starting to rub off on me....

bigbran
In some areas of my home town Greek Gods are not allowed to sit on a public bus, or even eat in the same restaurants as us.... sad I guess the racism is starting to rub off on me.... laughing

I didn't think you would get what I was implying...

Faceman
laughing

I didn't think you would get what I was implying... Ah come on now ,you know I've been blessed with a superior intellect.. big grin

Superboy Prime
Team A.

Why?

White Cleavage/Lingerie.

Oh yeah.

tkitna
Team D-Reed Richards, Wolverine, Namor, Storm, and Colossus

Reed has the technology to set up city wide monitoring systems along with the very best security systems ever. He could also probably create robotic probes that could police the city at all times.

Wolverine is the intimidating factor I was looking for. The crooks would definately fear for their lives as he would kill if the situation called for it. Add to the fact that his enhanced senses would allow him to track any criminal within the area helps a good bit too.

Namor, as said before, has the water inlets and outlets covered along with also being the type of intimidating character i'm looking for. Face it, he's not crazy about human beings anyways. Super strength and the ability of flight should deter almost all criminals.

Storm is nice to have too. How handy is it to have somebody on your team that can control the elements? Do you need a heavy fog bank for cover? How about some more light on an overcast day? How about hurricane like winds in a encased area? Water for a weakened Namor during a heated battle? Its all covered with Storm. Also, she was a thief and that experience could be vital at times.

Colossus is added to the fray when the big guns come out to play. Durability and strength that makes him practically impervious to any attack should cause concern to any criminal before they even act.

Wolverine2006
All of them are really good teams...but either team B or team D

spidey-dude
TEAM E WINS

Soljer
Originally posted by spidey-dude
TEAM E WINS

Haha, you clever little dog you...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
Seems like Team A and Team D are the frontrunners. Need more votes and explanations!

Charlotte DeBel
Team A is the best since it allows to do work in a way more elegant (and enviromentally friendly) that just fist-swinging... It's just dealing with crime, not protecting a city from enemy assault in a war.

I vote for it because it's effective (of course, team D supporters may start argue than "Reed Richards makes in 5 minutes megagigateporting cannon and teleports all the criminals to another galaxy without causing any harm to civilans and buildings", but let's get a bit real) and not because I like Emma (the same team has Human Torch, whom I dislike as much as it possible. Dealing with crime shouldn't turn into the war of bricks.

Charlotte DeBel
Also A has great PR symbols- Captain America and Spiderman. So adverticing company would be no problem.
Ethnic diversity might be a problem, but not a major one. We are worried abut winning war with criminals with least possible number of casualties, and not about "turning the industrial city into a mediterranean resort" which is what team D is the most suitable for.

Bouboumaster
Team D. They doesn't have a great "emblem", but they have one off the most (if not THE most) intelligent head has leader. Reed is not the most charismatic guy out there, but he makes a great team leader, and he has experience. Him alone, with some ressources, would be enough to choose him. But let see his teammates:

Wolverine would be my secret weapon. I would send him against the most powerfuls foes. The guy, even if he's not strong, can hang with anybodies. He probably beats Spider-Man, at least statlemate against Cap, go tango with Hulk, etc. He would be my assurance policy.

If Wolverine have some trouble, chek what I send him for help: Namor! Plus, he haves great ressources. Do I need to talk about what the prince can do?

Colossus would be my firefighter, my police, and the third line of defense against the crime.

Storm: Need I say more?

Martian_mind
Jonn comes in and shows them all how it's done.

Team A would suck because as long as Hercules is in town the prostitute's stay in business,CA will atract the Red Skull,Spidey will suffer from the press and a gag order wouldn't go down well with the public and emma is a mutant and what do the citizens of marvel hate?

janus77
Team B. pretty much for the same reasons as MasterBruce.
Cyclops' would keep the team disciplined and orderly, the last thing a city needs is an uppity crusader mentality to its supposed law and order types.
the monitoring/mindwiping and other potentials that other teams offer, are poison to the genuine civic spirit that such endeavours should be taken under. they're meant to enable people to lead the sort of lives that they want to lead, within the City, within reason. to let people be adults, not preprogrammed "good citizens".

Stark's business would also make for a subtle and interesting way to keep tabs on the people who it is necessary to monitor, the City elites. the wealthy bankers and industrialists who have the means, the talent and the ambitions for major power accumulation - basically the illegitimate competition to legally acquired, voter sanctioned, power (me).

the team would be efficient without being overly efficient as they wouldn't have complete control over the City, rather just a great degree of effectiveness. some minor crime is necessary - it's what bored people do, it's what frustrated people do - better to let that be, leave people with a feeling of control over their own lives and communities, rather than a bunch of super-people.

umm, yeah, that's basically it.

don't shiv
team D

Storm expertise with the criminal mind,
Namor expertise with beaurocracy, politics,
Collossus compassionate
Reed fount of knowledge

endrict
thinking.....

starlock
Team D

ReedRichards and Namor would be able to provide my city with technology that the others (even BP) could not.

Also thanks to Namor any ports in my city would be well protected.

Storm can maintain climate conditions that would be benificial to tourism.

Having Colossus and Wolvie means that no matter what happens the team will have inspiration to keep going.

As a group enemies of all types will be easy to face.

The group also has several charismatic members who are good for PR and is more racially diverse than some of the others which (as mayor) will make me popular with the voters.

i cant agree more Team D

Hercules
Team A, You have good combination of mental and physical power in Hercules and White Queen.

Cap is a great combat leader, Spiderman is versatile and keeps up the old morale.

Torch is your flyer and pretty damn powerful in his own right, with the added bonus that White Queen is hot and easy so recreation time is covered too.

Oh and if Spiderman brings Mary Jane along... eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.