Fighting Game Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu

SaTsuJiN
why wasnt chun li at the top of the chinese art users?

Major Snafu
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
why wasnt chun li at the top of the chinese art users?

Eventhough she does use Chinese martial arts, I thought it would be more fitting for her to win the Lifetime Achievement Award along with Ryu and Ken, given the sole fact that she was the very first woman to compete in fighting games, which paved the way for other female favorites, like Mai, Kasumi and so on.

Sado22
hey...why are people like KEN being awarded life time acheivement awards and not people like Terry Bogard who like ryu has spend years training. if you ask me, life time achievement awards should be:

Ryu
Terry
Kazuya
Akira
Chunli
Kyo

Though, not to step on your toes though. i'm just voicing an obvious bias towards the SF characters as far as lifetime acheivement goes. people like Terry and Kazuya and Akira have given a lot of their life and time to fighting and their goals. Ken hasn't.

~Sado

Sado22
IMO the winner are:

Male Ninja- Ryu Hayabusa

Female Ninja- Kasumi

Best Villain- Geese Howard

Best Male Commando- Charlie (hands down)

Best Female commando- Cammy

Best Male Newcomer- Alba Meira

Best Female Newcomer- Setsuka

Best Kickboxer Male- Sagat (hands down)

Best Blondie- Blue Mary Ryan

Best Henchmen- Yamazaki (hands...well...down and slashing)

Best Rivalry- Iori Yagami and Kyo Kusanagi

Best Male Wrestler - King (why isn't alex there by the way?)

Best female Wrestler- Rainbow Mika

Best Kungfu- Akira Yuki

Best Martial arts- Mishima Ryu (badass and hardhitting...want more?)

lifetime acheivement awards- Ryu.

~Sado

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Sado22
IMO the winner are:

Male Ninja- Ryu Hayabusa

Female Ninja- Kasumi

Best Villain- Geese Howard

Best Male Commando- Charlie (hands down)

Best Female commando- Cammy

Best Male Newcomer- Alba Meira

Best Female Newcomer- Setsuka

Best Kickboxer Male- Sagat (hands down)

Best Blondie- Blue Mary Ryan

Best Henchmen- Yamazaki (hands...well...down and slashing)

Best Rivalry- Iori Yagami and Kyo Kusanagi

Best Male Wrestler - King (why isn't alex there by the way?)

Best female Wrestler- Rainbow Mika

Best Kungfu- Akira Yuki

Best Martial arts- Mishima Ryu (badass and hardhitting...want more?)

lifetime acheivement awards- Ryu.

~Sado

Oops. I was in a rush to type this thing that forgot a couple of people.

You misunderstood. When I mentioned those three, I meant the award should go to all three, not just one person..

Think about it. Not one person would win the award, since it would be unfair. Having Ryu, Ken and Chun Li to be co-winners is a more feasible way in reconizing their achievements in fighting games.

Chun Li, for being the first woman to kick ass in a fighting game, and opening the way for female fighters everywhere.

You got to admit that without her, most game wouldn't dream of having a woman on the roster.

Ken, for being the rival and the more stylish Ansatsuken fighter, hence the rivalry. And I personally like him as a fighter too, because his style of Ansatsuken idffers from Ryu's.

Ryu...just for being Ryu...and for rocking the original karate gi and headband, and striving to better himself.

He could have beaten Ken in the 2nd tournament, but (probably) decided to lose on purpose, seeing as how Ken wouldn't marry Eliza unless he defeated Ryu. Can't say that Ryu's not honorable.

Sado22
maybe Ryu should have been that considerate to begin with and save KEn the trouble of having to wait for five years....Ken new Eliza during the alpha days and SF2 took place 5 years later. if ryu was that honorable why didn't he just lose then...why wait for five years.
don't give Ryu boy more credit than he deserves.

as for your explanation on "LAawards" well that's good but I still feel Ken should be there. Ryu and Chunli are original and have paved ways for things...ken, not really. but hey thats just ore-sama's opinion.
no beef though.

~Sado

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Sado22
maybe Ryu should have been that considerate to begin with and save KEn the trouble of having to wait for five years....Ken new Eliza during the alpha days and SF2 took place 5 years later. if ryu was that honorable why didn't he just lose then...why wait for five years.
don't give Ryu boy more credit than he deserves.

as for your explanation on "LAawards" well that's good but I still feel Ken should be there. Ryu and Chunli are original and have paved ways for things...ken, not really. but hey thats just ore-sama's opinion.
no beef though.

~Sado

Ken is there because he is the diametric opposite of Ryu. While Ryu continues to train, Ken would much rather spend time with his girlfriend and slack off (prior to SF2). Want proof? Find a SF2 manual for the home systems and it will say that.

Maybe its what makes their rivalry so special, without the other, then they would have no reason to fight and test their skills on each other.

That and another reason why I chose those three is that Street Fighter's been around for 15 years, kicking ass and taking names. It's one of the reasons why Street Fighter is number one on my list, mainly because I've been playing it since I was a kid.

Sado22
we all have grown up playing SF. we are that generation. but SF's time has passed. new games pwn it the way i look at it. Old may be Gold, but the new is what stays.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.