planet hulk vs civil war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
civil war is over but was it better than planet hulk?

jrodslam
Dont read Planet Hulk and Civil War sucked imo.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by xmeat
civil war is over but was it better than planet hulk?

Sidious liked both. Meh

xmeat
both were good

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
both were good

I agree smile

Soljer
Annihilation wins.

10/10.

Badabing
Planet Hulk was better imho.

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer
Annihilation wins.

10/10.

I liked Civil War a tad better.

Bouboumaster
Civil War was cool. Infinity Gauntlet roxx.

xmeat
bump

bigbran
Planet Hulk, because Surfer was in it...

Otherwise...
Originally posted by Soljer
Annihilation wins.

10/10.

Hulk rules all
Planet Hulk was about 10 times better than Civil War. Civil War was all promise and no delivery. Planet Hulk was a feast for the eyes and mind for every single issue. Hulk rules all. Case closed.

Redatom65
Annihilation>>>>>>>>Infinite Crisis>>>>>Civil War>>>>>>>Planet Hulk

LordFear
Infinity Gauntlet was perhaps among the greatest sagas ever told in Marvel, along with Secret Wars. Classic

Hercules
Originally posted by LordFear
Infinity Gauntlet was perhaps among the greatest sagas ever told in Marvel, along with Secret Wars. Classic

thumb up

I liked Secret Wars better but IG ran it a very close second!

LordFear
Originally posted by Hercules
thumb up

I liked Secret Wars better but IG ran it a very close second!

really I still read over the IG saga which I have on paperback. I liked Secret Wars but IG was done such on a grand scale. I mean the best of the best going against literally GOD himself. The idea was just freaking sweet.

Hercules
Originally posted by LordFear
really I still read over the IG saga which I have on paperback. I liked Secret Wars but IG was done such on a grand scale. I mean the best of the best going against literally GOD himself. The idea was just freaking sweet.

I agree, its the retro 80's thing which makes me slightly edge towards Secret Wars though.

Thanos though is the ultimate villian in IG, I loved how Cap stood up to him even though he knew he was a dead man.

So many good memories of buying that series at the time too...Damn it now I'm edging back to IG! big grin

Redatom65
my favorite big crossover in the last 7 years though is most definetly Annihilation with Our Worlds At War in second. Marvel can't seem to make a good crossover on earth anymore. I'm looking at you Civil War and House of M

Hercules
Originally posted by Redatom65
my favorite big crossover in the last 7 years though is most definetly Annihilation with Our Worlds At War in second. Marvel can't seem to make a good crossover on earth anymore. I'm looking at you Civil War and House of M

Cosmic crossovers are always better, anything off planet has so much more potential and isn't tied down to real world places and politics, if you want to destroy a planet, you can!.

Want to wipe out 99% of an alien race? hey go for it!

Want to have characters who can destroy a Universe with a thought? You got em!

There is just so much more scope!

Redatom65
well secret wars had denver....... lol

LordFear
I agree, its the retro 80's thing which makes me slightly edge towards Secret Wars though.

Thanos though is the ultimate villian in IG, I loved how Cap stood up to him even though he knew he was a dead man.

So many good memories of buying that series at the time too...Damn it now I'm edging back to IG! big grin

Welcome to the darkside my friend. Glad to have you back/lol

Hercules
well secret wars had denver....... lol

Yeah but DENVER IN SPPPPAAAACCCCCEEEEEE big grin

Redatom65
to bad i wasn't alive in the 80's then

Hercules
to bad i wasn't alive in the 80's then

Oh yeah, keep forgetting your 8 years old, just highly evolved with Brainiac's mind!

Your really a young evil genius who's goal it is to take over the earth by the time hes 12.

Like an Evil Joe 90! (Yeah, I know you have no clue who he is either, GO LOOK HIM UP! stick out tongue )

Redatom65
just like u had me look up danger mouse, cause i openly admit i don't know who he is. I'm actually younger than you i bet still

Hercules
just like u had me look up danger mouse, cause i openly admit i don't know who he is. I'm actually younger than you i bet still

Well Joe 90 and Dangermouse are British shows so a little obscure and of course I'm older.

I'm over 3,000 years old...dur

Redatom65
i'm 64

Hercules
i'm 64

Seriously? confused I see no smiley's but I can never be sure with you *looks round for fanboy trap* big grin

Badabing
Seriously? confused I see no smiley's but I can never be sure with you *looks round for fanboy trap* big grin durfist

Redatom65
lol, i remember when hercules camw out.....I'm below 30

Hercules
lol, i remember when hercules camw out.....I'm below 30

dur

Redatom65
below 25...... euro

Hercules
below 25...... euro

Yes your 8, thats below 25!

Redatom65
euro my favorite smilie

I like being 8. We still get nap time. Wow herc we really strayed off topic laughing

Hercules
embarrasment Ooops...*ahem* anyway, I liked Planet Hulk (just read Hulk *103 in the comic shop yesterday as it happens) but I liked Civil War better because it was so all encompassing.

See, back on topic! big grin

Redatom65
i don't know, becuae of our local fanboys. i've grown to dispise The incredible Hulk. Trickster and i were talking about that. Though Civil War i didn't like either. It was just sloppy. It was like eating a slopping sandwtich and when you take that last bite, it was kinda like. "So What?" erm

Hercules
i don't know, becuae of our local fanboys. i've grown to dispise The incredible Hulk. Trickster and i were talking about that. Though Civil War i didn't like either. It was just sloppy. It was like eating a slopping sandwtich and when you take that last bite, it was kinda like. "So What?" erm

Well I like the Hulk, the fanboys make me laugh, I admire their dedication! no amount of fanboys will ever stop me reading Hulk comics.

I think the aftermath of Civil War will make for some great story telling, a lot of the tie in issues were really good, just the main book itself was a little bit of a let down.

Thats why I like Civil War better on just a title vs title basis, Planet Hulk told the better story but when you look at everything thats happened and is going to happen thanks to Civil War is just more of an epic.

Redatom65
but when you look back on it, your nto going to feel much fondness for it like you do infinite crisis(the original one), secret wars, and those series

Hercules
but when you look back on it, your nto going to feel much fondness for it like you do infinite crisis(the original one), secret wars, and those series

I agree but were not voting on the best series of all time, were voting on which one we liked best out of these two.

It was no IG or Secret Wars or Anhilation but it did what it set out to do and that was shake up Marvel Earth.

I agree it could have been done much better but Cap getting shot for instance will stay with me for a long time, that was a pretty moving issue and as soon as it hits the shelves this side of the pond, I'm buying it!

Things like that will stay with me even if I have long forgotten the main title itself.

starlock
i was surprised with the planet hulk arch and found myself smiling and enjoying myself
civil war kept giving me a bad feeling as i read thru it,it kept reminding me of being put on a wild goose chase

xmeat
to bad hulk cant stay king a little while longer.

xmeat
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.