Ryo Sakazaki VS. Kazuya Mishima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
when his father came home crying, bloody and beaten with the tengu mask broken, the new Mr. Karate (Ryo at the age of 49) finds out of another art in Japan called the Mishima Ryu. Takuma was pimpslapped badly by the master of this art (Heihachi) and for vengeance and the name of honor, Ryo travels to the Mishima Zaibatsu compound in order to call out its heir to a match between the dojo's best. When he arrives he finds that maybe he asked for too much when he sees the family has pet bears, have a knack off tossing each other off cliffs and beating each other up to pulp. But being a tiger himself, Ryo brushes aside his worries and calls out the heir of Mishima Ryu.
out walks Kazuya Mishima, heir to MishimaRyu karate. like Ryo he is also a prodigy of his art nad like him he is also at 49 but still at his peek (and growing). Kazuya looks to be pretty arrogant but his scarred body and his no-nonsense face (and the red eye) tell Ryo that he's up against a very powerful and badass opponent....to the extent that Ryo can't be helped but reminded of Iori Yagami.

Ryo introduces himself and gets into his fighting stance, as Kazuya stands relaxed but focused, his arms folded at his chest.
Kazuya: "kisama ka?"

the fight between the two family karate arts begins. WHO WINS!
its Mr. Karate Ryo and T5 Kazuya.

~Sado

Major Snafu
Kazuya beats Ryo like a redheaded stepchild, Lightning Screw Uppers him, and tosses him over a cliff.

Sado22
you shouldn't have said that..............
now that only means that Ryo is going to come back stronger and toss him in a volcano sad

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Sado22
you shouldn't have said that..............
now that only means that Ryo is going to come back stronger and toss him in a volcano sad

And Kazuya will get revived by the G Corporation, pay a visit to Southtown, and go sickhouse on the Kyokugenryu Dojo in a way that would make Baek Doo San's attack on Marshall Law's dojo look like kiddie stuff.

Cloud_VII
Kazuya glares at him and sends him into a coma.

Sado22
nah....Kazuya will come back for revenge against Ryo and LOSE AGAIN! that's how it went in T4 remember!

F--k NAMCO!

~Sado
P.S. glares at cloud and causes him to misscary! mad

Cloud_VII
nah....Kazuya will come back for revenge against Ryo and LOSE AGAIN! that's how it went in T4 remember!

F--k NAMCO!

~Sado
P.S. glares at cloud and impregnates him! mad Wtf lol

Cloud_VII

F--k NAMCO!

~Sado
P.S. glares at cloud and causes him to misscary! mad CAUGHT YOU BEFORE YOU CAN EDIT LOL LOL!

Sado22
oh...so you wanted to be impregnated...fine..
*glares at Cloud again*

~Sado

olympian
Ryo trows him off the cliff. Instant win.

Remulous
Kaz is gonna f**k this panzy up.

P-Geyser
Sado you should have known better than this. This is basically an anti-Ryo communitty for the most ridiculous reasons. Shit people hate on characters, because certain bossess seem to "job" to them. Also dont forget, Ryo is a cheap imitation of Ryu....no matter what you say in Ryo's defense that's just how it is no expression

Remulous
Yeah, it's about time a character got hated on that wasn't Ryu.

King Nothing
Ryo Sakazaki is is one of the most blatant rip offs in fighting game history.

brainchild81
Ditto. Bad move SNK. They make awesome and original characters, why would they f**k that rep up w/a waste of space like Lame-o Suckazaki? He's the lamest hero ever.Originally posted by P-Geyser
Ryo is a cheap imitation of Ryu DittoOriginally posted by Remulous
Yeah, it's about time a character got hated on that wasn't Ryu. Ditto

P-Geyser
There ya GO Sado

brainchild81
laughing Seriously though, Robert should been the main guy from the start. @ least his look & name don't scream "Ryu & Ken are my idols" like Ryo's punk @ss does.Originally posted by P-Geyser
This is basically an anti-Ryo communitty Are there any pro-Ryo communities?

olympian
Originally posted by brainchild81
Are there any pro-Ryo communities?

Sure there are. Neo Geo and SNK Playmore give Ryo its due. But then again those dont overrate Iori and Kyo to extreme levels either.

Ditto. Bad move SNK. They make awesome and original characters, why would they f**k that rep up w/a waste of space like Lame-o Suckazaki? He's the lamest hero ever. Ditto Ditto

We all know SNK even back then only made original characters. Tung Fu Rue its living proof of that. Too bad Roshi came up before.

Even Iori had a birthplace somewhere:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=pt-BR&q=Legato%20Bluesummers&btnG=Pesquisa+Google&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=pt-BR&lr=&q=Kiddy+Grade+Dextera

Originally posted by King Nothing
Ryo Sakazaki is is one of the most blatant rip offs in fighting game history.

Tung comes first. Its been discussed ad nausem before: Karate Kid came before either karate guys. And someone else`s Karate guy came before.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/main.htm

Originally posted by Remulous
Yeah, it's about time a character got hated on that wasn't Ryu.

Ryu is just a bit overrated, but i dont see how he is hated. More than anything its just fun to peg on the character.

Remulous
Ryu isn't overrated, I'm like the only guy and who likes him on this forum. I don't see how people can ignore the fact that Ryo is a rip and try to find reasons why it's O.K. If he was a joke it would be but unlike Dan and Capcom, SNK takes him very seriously. That's why I like Yuri, she's like a parody of Ryu and the gang, not someone who takes the looks and the moves and try to get passed off as a serious character.

Superboy Prime
It doesn't matter how much hate Ryo gets in here...there's no way in hell he is going to defeat Kazuya.

Cloud_VII
Kazuya just needs to glare at Ryo (T4 epilogue in Honmaru)

olympian
Ryu isn't overrated

He is when is pegged as near unbeatable or high SF tier like ive seen. And not on this board alone.

As for hate? Please, your not the only one who likes Ryu around here. Heck I like Ryu just fine.

I don't see how people can ignore the fact that Ryo is a rip and try to find reasons why it's O.K. If he was a joke it would be but unlike Dan and Capcom, SNK takes him very seriously. That's why I like Yuri, she's like a parody of Ryu and the gang, not someone who takes the looks and the moves and try to get passed off as a serious character.
OTOH i dont get how pll consider Ryu the one original Karate figther when he isent. Neither in looks and some of the moves. People talk like he is some sacred cow. Hes a Karate guy and so is Ryo. So what? Daniel Larusso could sue both if he wanted to.

Its not much to ask to just *look* at what the guy has done, is it?

P-Geyser
Ryu isn't overrated, I'm like the only guy and who likes him on this forum. I don't see how people can ignore the fact that Ryo is a rip and try to find reasons why it's O.K. If he was a joke it would be but unlike Dan and Capcom, SNK takes him very seriously. That's why I like Yuri, she's like a parody of Ryu and the gang, not someone who takes the looks and the moves and try to get passed off as a serious character.

Let me make one thing clear I DONT HATE Ryu. Believe it or not I use to like him over Terry Bogard. He is the man...the first that broke it down. Though I have to agree with what Oly just stated.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Let me make one thing clear I DONT HATE Ryu. Believe it or not I use to like him over Terry Bogard. He is the man...the first that broke it down. Though I have to agree with what Oly just stated.

Meaning the overrated part.

Superboy Prime
Contrary to Ryu & Ryo...Daniel is a *** and that's a fact.. He won't be suing anyone.

olympian
Yeah, but he broke the mold first stick out tongue

He would probably hire Sagat to get the sue done on both Karatekas, tho. He always came across as smart.

Sado22
wow....and sometime back the same people were rambling about how 2D fighters outclass 3D fighters and how its too much of a difference in power leve. funny.

shut up n00bmad
do you know that the same people who invented Ryu went to SNK and made Ryo? You didn't did you?
let me state this as clearly as i can:
you do not ripoff your own idea

this is a joke right?
every thread that you go here to, everyone's going on about how almost no one can stand up the-sexual-deprivity-that-is-Ryu. WTF?
Terry can't beat him
Ryo can't beat him
Kazuya can't beat him
Jin can't beat him
Kyo cant beat him
Iori can't beat him
.........NO ONE can beat. heck Ryu was putting upa fight against a werewolf last time i checked. PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!

Ryu is hated my @$$.

you have threads where people say crap like "Ryu will beat Iori". get serious.

I'll name a few Ryu-fans or pro-Ryu people of the top of my head:
Remulus...that's you by the way
Brainchild
DarkStrom
Shin"faggy"
Hoshi
King nothing
superboy (who along with you even complained about "disrespecting ryu"wink
Emperor (though he is the most reasonable one of the lot. i mean the guy doesn't overrate him like most of these people and i respect that a lot)

that's just off the top of my head and these are the regular posters here. heck they make up the damn game versus community almost. that leaves only ore-sama, Olympian, Cloud and P-Geyser. and its funny, cuz none of us actually hate ryu. we are just big sinners and outcasts cuz we just don't have him winning against God, Jesus, Buddha and practically everything else!
heck throw satan, Vishnu, the greek gods in the mix too and he'll probably beat them too!

~Sado

shin_remy
yeah youre right!!! the names you listed can't defeat ryu except Terry maybe

we have debated longer then you so it is not cool from you to disrespect everybody who likes sf. ou are simply destroying the forum and calling me a *** is just wrong

Emperor Ashtar
"Ryu is overrated" since when, do you know how many capcom fans hate him and call him a mono dimensional character?

Most Stree Fighter fans like either: Ken,Guile, or gouki.

And as for ryo he's either a rip off or a spoof, take your pick. And, btw, I don't like Ryu. I don't hate him, but he's far from my favorite Street Fighter.

Emperor Ashtar
, Ryo is a cheap imitation of Ryu....no matter what you say in Ryo's defense that's just how it is no expression
We went over why ryo is a ripp off, this isn't rocket science. when someone has the same moves, name(but one letter), and back story. Then they are a rippoff at worst or a spoof at best. It isn't only because he has the same moves or it's because he has the same name or is it because he has a rich best firend/Rival. It's because he has all threee combined.

Sado22
are you talking me, emp?
look let me just clear this out: i never meant any offense to you.
I'm just saying it the way i feel. around here you have people saying ryu can put a fight with a Werewolf. long time back when i first came here, he was even beating Geese and Bison back to back, in a Bison-Geese vs Terry-Ryu thread. isn't that over-rated?
heck people here say Ken can beat Terry. its like no one from any game can match up to SF characters no matter how hard they train or no matter how much they have put of their lives fighting. Ken-Terry is prime example. you have a good for nothing pretty boy who has done nothing but fight school girls and rookie going toe-to-toe with a living legend who has fought and taken down monster like Geese, Krauser, Grant etc.
like i said, all the threads with Ryu in it, ryu is curbstomping his opponents. be it Terry, Kazuya, Iori, Kyo, Jin...be it anyone.

chunli too, by the way.

this thing was supposed to be long gone...and if i remember correct its the first time you and i butted heads. lets not make history repeat itself. i doubt i have the stamina for another 14 page dissing festival between two grown upssmile
Peace.

~The Invincible Sado-sama
P.S. once again, no beef and no offense ever intended.
P.S.S. shinremy shut the f--k up. Thanx.

Emperor Ashtar
are you talking me, emp?
I'm just saying it the way i feel. around here you have people saying ryu can put a fight with a Werewolf.

I'm not calling you out, I was just commenting on the general consensus of capcom fans. Ryu is really not that popular, hell he's banned at cammyfan.com and is always being ragged even by capcom themselves.

And, as for the werewolf thing, we all know only one person believes that. wink

long time back when i first came here, he was even beating Geese and Bison back to back, in a Bison-Geese vs Terry-Ryu thread. isn't that over-rated?

Yeah, but I doubt that it was me, Darkstorm, or Brainchild that believed that was possible. And, besides it's an opinion, no need to get worked up over it. People will always have different opinions, the point of gameversus is for people to share the opinions and explain in an intelligent manner how they came to that conclusion. smile

heck people here say Ken can beat Terry. its like no one from any game can match up to SF characters no matter how hard they train or no matter how much they have put of their lives fighting. Ken-Terry is prime example. you have a good for nothing pretty boy who has done nothing but fight school girls and rookie going toe-to-toe with a living legend who has fought and taken down monster like Geese, Krauser, Grant etc.
Again, it's an opinion no need to get worked up on it. Ken has won his fair share of tourney's. He's been the pan american champion 3 times in a row( which was a new record), Entered two World Warrior competions, and has fought two to two with some of the best fighters in the world, that's not slacking. Oh, and what school girls has ken fought? confused

like i said, all the threads with Ryu in it, ryu is curbstomping his opponents. be it Terry, Kazuya, Iori, Kyo, Jin...be it anyone.

I haven't heard anyone claim he can curbstomp anyone, and I don't prsonally believe he can own Terry and kazuya. As for Iori,kyo, jin I could care less.

chunli too, by the way.

-Starts singing Smack that-

this thing was supposed to be long gone...and if i remember correct its the first time you and i butted heads. lets not make history repeat itself. i doubt i have the stamina for another 14 page dissing festival between two grown upssmile
Peace.

~The Invincible Sado-sama
P.S. once again, no beef and no offense ever intended.
P.S.S. shinremy shut the f--k up. Thanx.

No problem, no harm no foul man. And as for the Ryo thing sorry man I disagree. He's a spoof at best, you may not agree and that's fine but, that's how I see it.

And we butted heads at Ryo vs Vega because of the plots, we did have an off-topic disscussion about ryo and ryu but it was civil.

Superboy Prime
Rofl. I admit I'm pro Ryu, but I'm more of a Ken Masters guy.

Superboy Prime
BTW Sado can you tell me where I complained about Disrespecting Ryu? Wonder wtf I was talking about.

shin_remy
i don't like ryu

I like Ken/Gouki

and Sado youre a big baby haha

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
We went over why ryo is a ripp off, this isn't rocket science. when someone has the same moves, name(but one letter), and back story. Then they are a rippoff at worst or a spoof at best. It isn't only because he has the same moves or it's because he has the same name or is it because he has a rich best firend/Rival. It's because he has all threee combined.

Doesnt matter it was EXPLAINED how there are simularities, there are also differences especially in gamplay and what's this with rocket science.

P-Geyser
are you talking me, emp?
I'm just saying it the way i feel. around here you have people saying ryu can put a fight with a Werewolf. long time back when i first came here, he was even beating Geese and Bison back to back, in a Bison-Geese vs Terry-Ryu thread. isn't that over-rated?

Exactly

Cloud_VII
are you talking me, emp?
like i said, all the threads with Ryu in it, ryu is curbstomping his opponents. be it Terry, Kazuya, Iori, Kyo, Jin...be it anyone.Some also said Ryu would beat Hayabusa, which is kind of funny.

Remulous
Originally posted by olympian
He is when is pegged as near unbeatable or high SF tier like ive seen. And not on this board alone.

As for hate? Please, your not the only one who likes Ryu around here. Heck I like Ryu just fine.

OTOH i dont get how pll consider Ryu the one original Karate figther when he isent. Neither in looks and some of the moves. People talk like he is some sacred cow. Hes a Karate guy and so is Ryo. So what? Daniel Larusso could sue both if he wanted to.

Its not much to ask to just *look* at what the guy has done, is it?

Remulous
( Damn 15 minute rule.) Referring to the above post.

When has Ryu been unbeaten, on this board, he is ALWAYS loosing.

Everyone thinks Ryu is O.K. Some run of the mill fighter, IMO, he is the best video game character of all time. It seems no one can except the fact that he is very important to the fighting game genre.

Ryu is the 1st in his own way in video games. We all know that Ryu is based off someone, but not another video game character. The fighting game genre would be a very different place without him. To many pro fighting gamers, he should be. sacred.Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I'm not calling you out, I was just commenting on the general consensus of capcom fans. Ryu is really not that popular, hell he's banned at cammyfan.com and is always being ragged even by capcom themselves.

And, as for the werewolf thing, we all know only one person believes that. wink

Yeah, but I doubt that it was me, Darkstorm, or Brainchild that believed that was possible. And, besides it's an opinion, no need to get worked up over it. People will always have different opinions, the point of gameversus is for people to share the opinions and explain in an intelligent manner how they came to that conclusion. smile

are you talking me, emp?

Some how, this is all supposed to be a shot at me, i just know it. I've brought good reasons for my claims so I don't see why you guys are comin at me like this. The Anti-Remulous is outrageous here. These shots comin from guys who think Terry can beat Bison and Hayabusa can beat Gouki in H2H.

King Nothing

Everyone thinks Ryu is O.K. Some run of the mill fighter, IMO, he is the best video game character of all time. It seems no one can except the fact that he is very important to the fighting game genre.

Ryu is the 1st in his own way in video games. We all know that Ryu is based off someone, but not another video game character. The fighting game genre would be a very different place without him. To many pro fighting gamers, he should be. sacred. Some how, this is all supposed to be a shot at me, i just know it. I've brought good reasons for my claims so I don't see why you guys are comin at me like this. The Anti-Remulous is outrageous here. These shots comin from guys who think Terry can beat Bison and Hayabusa can beat Gouki in H2H. I don't post here much, but I do read what goes on here. IMO, Ryu is far from my favorite character but I can agree that he is extremly important to his genre and is truly a powerful fighting game protagonist. If there is someone who isn't Anti-Remulous, it's me, dude. Most of the time, you make hella since.

Sado22
you gotta wild imagination Remulus. LOL. no this isn't a shot at you...unless you're the guy who was going on about Ryu beating a werewolf in which case....it is. but no worries, i've got nothing against you. don't you remember all the times i joke around with you (Horny wolf, ah you okay etc etc etc) sad
come on man! GET SERIOUS!

seriously, no anti-remulus sentiments here. cuz at the end of the day:
this world, is made up of, LOVE AND PEACE

~Sado
P.S. i don't hate ryu either.

Remulous
you gotta wild imagination Remulus. LOL. no this isn't a shot at you...unless you're the guy who was going on about Ryu beating a werewolf in which case....it is. but no worries, i've got nothing against you. don't you remember all the times i joke around with you (Horny wolf, ah you okay etc etc etc) sad
come on man! GET SERIOUS!

seriously, no anti-remulus sentiments here. cuz at the end of the day:
this world, is made up of, LOVE AND PEACE

~Sado
P.S. i don't hate ryu either. Admit it, it was a shot at me and you know it. All I said was it would be s decent fight between Talbain and Ryu, everyone was talking like it was gonna be a Dan VS O.Rugal type of fight. And Sado, you joke with everyone. You may not be against me but you and your cohorts are plotting on me. laughing No seriously.

olympian
do you know that the same people who invented Ryu went to SNK and made Ryo? You didn't did you?
let me state this as clearly as i can:
you do not ripoff your own ideaB]
Jack Kirby is the biggest rip off of himself big grin

Ryu is the 1st in his own way in video games. We all know that Ryu is based off someone, but not another video game character.

So its a matter of the medium alone? But that way Tung would never get the rip treatment because Roshi wasent a figthing game stapple character back then, as he is today. The main thing is even if you consider him a rip off, or a slap to Capcom or whatever, that you look at his record if you want to do an objective response.

Look at EMP: Hes gone on the record of saying that unless hes using the Mr Karate identity, that he doesnt like Ryo. But that doesnt change him from being objective about the guy.

Just saying.

Darkstorm Zero
Why is my name being dredged up in this? How many times have I said Ryu wins?, Screw that, how many times have I said Ryu has lost?

I can tell you right now Sads, that I have said he''s had alot of losses and draws, there is no reason for me to state against my own oppinion for the sake of other people... Yes, I feel sure that Ryu will just about draw with the majority of "Hero" characters from SNK, and despite what you may think, I can say that based on the pure fact that the "Big Bad Bosses" of SNK are jobbers in the end, there is no logical reason why those guys lost their matches, and youknow it.

It took Huge feats from multiple people to bring down thebosses from Street Fighter, For example, Bison got owned by about 6 people operating simultaneously, including some big names like Ryu, en and Sagat.

This ismy oppinion, and it doesn't change for nobody,itonly changes when the facts change, thank you.

Sado22
mad
i just took your name cuz you are a ryu fan are you not? i wasn't listing morons or even ryu fanboys...i was just trying to prove Rem-boo-hoo-the-whole-world-hates-me-ulus ( wink ) wrong when he claims that everyone hates ryu. that's all.
*top rop elbow drops DSZ*

what i said above
*tunes up the band*

what i said above the above...
*sweet chin music DSZ*

~Sado

P-Geyser

Ryu is the 1st in his own way in video games. We all know that Ryu is based off someone, but not another video game character. The fighting game genre would be a very different place without him. To many pro fighting gamers, he should be. sacred. Some how, this is all supposed to be a shot at me, i just know it. I've brought good reasons for my claims so I don't see why you guys are comin at me like this. The Anti-Remulous is outrageous here. These shots comin from guys who think Terry can beat Bison and Hayabusa can beat Gouki

Your sensitivity for Ryu is really showing.

Emperor Ashtar
Doesnt matter it was EXPLAINED how there are simularities, there are also differences especially in gamplay and what's this with rocket science.
Minimaly difference, like I said ryo is either a spoof or a rip-off.But,since people keep arguing that you can't rip off your own idea then he's a spoof.

Remulous
Your sensitivity for Ryu is really showing.How?

Remulous

So its a matter of the medium alone? But that way Tung would never get the rip treatment because Roshi wasent a figthing game stapple character back then, as he is today. The main thing is even if you consider him a rip off, or a slap to Capcom or whatever, that you look at his record if you want to do an objective response.

Look at EMP: Hes gone on the record of saying that unless hes using the Mr Karate identity, that he doesnt like Ryo. But that doesnt change him from being objective about the guy.

Just saying. I don't see Tung as a rip off, because he is based off a character of non fighting game character, I can see it as paying homage but not a rip.

O.K. O.K. I know Ryo does not completely suck. I myself have even stated a LONG time ago that even though he sucks to me, he is still a good fighter. I roast Ryo the same way everyone else rags on Ryu.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous Originally posted by P-Geyser
Your sensitivity for Ryu is really showing.
How?LOL!

brainchild81
We all know SNK even back then only made original characters. Tung Fu Rue its living proof of that. Too bad Roshi came up before. Awesome. Roshi isn't a fighting game character. He's also not talked about here much. 2 reasons why you won't often hear things like "Fu*k Roshi" 'round here.Originally posted by olympian
Even Iori had a birthplace somewhere:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=pt-BR&q=Legato%20Bluesummers&btnG=Pesquisa+Google&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=pt-BR&lr=&q=Kiddy+Grade+DexteraAlso not fighting game characters mane. Legato & Iori have a similar build & hairstyle. End of similarities. If Iori's name was LegatU or he could control others, or liked to force people to blow his f*cking brains out you'd really have something. The other guy has red hair, end of similarities. You won't often see people saying "Iori's a ripoff of Legato", because he's not.
Ripoff Suckazaki on the other hand does have a birthplace, maybe even 2 of 'em http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_%28Street_Fighter%29 & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Masters
Tung comes first. Its been discussed ad nausem before: Karate Kid came before either karate guys. And someone else`s Karate guy came before. Are these other KGs doing dragon punches, wearing sleeveles Gi & having "Ry" followed by a vowel in their name?

& can somebody please show me 1 person or even a group saying "we created Ryu and we created Ryo"? Creating a fighting game icon like Ryu is something to be boasted I'd think.Originally posted by Sado22
I'll name a few Ryu-fans or pro-Ryu people of the top of my head:
Remulus...that's you by the way
Brainchild
DarkStrom
Shin"faggy"
Hoshi
King nothing
superboy (who along with you even complained about "disrespecting ryu"wink
Emperor (though he is the most reasonable one of the lot. i mean the guy doesn't overrate him like most of these people and i respect that a lot)Getting kinda childish here mane. No need for the name calling. Ryu's not even in my top ten, I've even said how I'd rather be Ken or even Ryo or Terry. I don't have Ryu winning against Jon. Whenever I see Ryu being simply outclassed(you know when he's fighting against someone tough who hasn't made a career out of jobbing bosses(Terry) or isn't a jobber or nobody themself(FF cast sad Gotdammit SNK!!) I have him lose.

that's just off the top of my head and these are the regular posters here. heck they make up the damn game versus community almost. that leaves only ore-sama, Olympian, Cloud and P-Geyser. and its funny, cuz none of us actually hate ryu. we are just big sinners and outcasts cuz we just don't have him winning against God, Jesus, Buddha and practically everything else!
heck throw satan, Vishnu, the greek gods in the mix too and he'll probably beat them too!

~Sado It honestly looks more like "If you don't have Ryu losing to everybody, you're a fanboy. But it's cool if you think Terry can beat Bison or if you think he can somehow stalemate O.Iori even though it took A GANG of KOFers to bring him down. I won't call you a fanboy for that stuff" Originally posted by Sado22
are you talking me, emp?
Ken has fought some of the best and pulled off Ws. Terry jobs bosses & in his FF days was surrounded by losers there to make him look good. Good for nothing? Stop the hate. & Ken gets more trim than Terry so there. I can be immature too manelaughing

Remulous
For the record, I did not say Ryu would beat Talbain, I just said it wouldn't be a slaughter! What the f**k is up with you people? I was simply saying Ryu could hang cuz I wanted the thread I created to stay alive. You guys have Ryu losing to Kyo for God sakes. And you want to talk about me cuz I said Ryu can beat Jin, Iori, and Terry, WTF What the f**k? ? The Capcom hate is extreme here. I'll admit that when I first got here I thought Ryu was untouchable but since then I have said Ryu loses to plenty of people.

King Nothing
Ryu is no where on my top 10 but I will say there is alot Anti-Ryu posters and Anti-Ryu supporters posters(by supporters I don't mean people that like Ryu, I just mean backing him when necessary.) It's as if when some one says Ryu will win all hell breaks lose and vise versa. I don't like Ryu much but I will admit that Ryu is probably the strongest 2d fighting game hero, or at least in the top 3. You all will have to come to a harsh (harsh to some) reality in this thread, some day.

-Even though Terry has the edge over Kyo and Iori, he is no longer the flag ship. As of now, Kyo is the most important character.

-Gouki will absolutely crush Ryu Hayabusa in hand to hand.

-Ryu VS Terry is more of a draw then anything else.

-Ryo is a rip off, but that doesn't make him a bad fighter.

-Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi are not on the strongest KOF/FF/SF level.

-Just because a creature is not human or is mixed with an animal, beast or monster does not mean he can defeat any human.

-Just because some one constantly supports a character(mainly in close fights) does not mean they are fanboys.

-No one on this forum is a fanboy.

-Gods(especially those Japanese kind) are not that Omnipotent and can be beaten.

-Under Orochi, Rugal is the strongest KOF boss.

-Ryu and Jin are actually powerful.

-They are all video game characters.

-Everyone here deserves respect.

-Spite threads are stupid.

And these are only some of the things you all will have to come to terms with on this so called "Game VS Forum".

This is laughable, it's always the same people calling others fanboys and it's always the same people saying they aren't. Does anyone realize that there aren't that many supporters on either side, such as the fact that there is just as many people defending the fact that Ryu is not overated as there is people saying he is. No character is really overated on this forum. There a re just those who are underrated.

Sado22
a little correction for the Iori-Legato story. the inspiration for Iori style of appearance is inspired from/homage to one manga artist who designed Legato and Brandon Heat. For the record Iori has the same appearane as Legato Bluesummers and Brandon Heat/Beyond the Grave who are both designed by the same guy: tall, stooping broad shoulders and the hair covering one eye, with a long bony face and high cheek bones. hence the similarity.
and for the record, i'm pretty sure Iori came before Legato since Trigun came out in 1999.
that out of the way.

both are pretty common names and having them with similar names may or may not be intentional. its on wikipedia like Oly told you long time back.

AGAIN...not name calling. read what i said: i was taking a few pro-Ryu people's names of the top of my head to prove Remulus wrong. what are you defficient?
now don't tell me that you didn't join in the fray and say ryu would pwn Kazuya/Terry now did you? what was your opinion about Ryo/ryu? what about Jin/ryu and even kyo/Ryu? so get the picture....pro-ryu. not fanboy. i never said fanboy. putting words in my mouth.....again!

as for the jobber argument well, its been 6 months and we're back to square one with every other thread aren't we. tedious but what the hell.
also you have no choice but to say Ryu'd lose cuz you know...when was the last time he won against any tough opponent?

no its more like this:
if anyone other than Ryu beats someone tough, its jobbing. if ryu beats someone tough, he did it through sheer training and willpower and skill.
Terry beat Geese in FF1 but that was jobbing. apparently no one can beat someone a non-godtier boss because that's jobbing. apparently heroes, aside from ryu, should always lose to the boss.
however Sagat (as most people think as was evident in the Sagat/Ryu thread sometime back) losing to Ryu would not be jobbing but a battle of skill where Ryu, of course, would prevail.

and again, you're annoying habit of putting words in my mouth continues:
i didn't say SFA3 Bison or even alpha Bison. i said STREET FIGHTER TWO bison would lose to Terry. SF2 Bison is not godtier but hightier and terry has outlasted other hightiers before so him outlasting a hightier isn't out of question. not to mention i said that ages ago. what has SF2 Bison done that makes you people think he's unbeatable. he probably lost to Guile/Chunli and most people here agree that Guile would lose to Terry any day. so do the math.

please name any tough opponent Ken has faced besides Ryu and Bison (for whom he was getting help). come on tell me. Sakura is not in his league, neither is Karin Kanzuki, neither is Sean.
Compare that to Geese, Krauser, Ryo, Kyo, Iori, K', Ash, Grant, Rock....and i could just go on and on and on. And you know...Terry didn't lose to them either. IMO all of these people here can whip Ken's butt to hell except Rock of course. but keeping my opinion aside, tell me has Ken faced such competition? no way! has he spent 25 years fighting? no.And someone here was talking of facing lame competition to look good. at least Terry wasn't spoon fed little school girls to fight so he could look good. at least terry didn't have rookies fighting him so he could look good.
oh but that's right...they were jobbing terry. i mean its terry's fault that none of these people could curbstomp him like Brainchild wants. its his fault that he manages to hold his own...because for a guy, who spent more time on the streets fighting and honing his skills longer than almost ALL fighters in fighting games (a whopping 30+ years on the streets) it is totally unacceptable for him to be an exceptionally good fighter and be skilled enough to hold his own against fighter.
however, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense when someone (akuma) trains to inhuman levels and becomes godtier. but for a guy who has been fighting for 30+ years, its unfathomable that he is really, really good.

(and i'll save you the trouble: don't even start to assume that I'm saying Terry is gotier)

not to mention that Ryu, more skilled than Ken, losing to Ken isn't jobbing. goutetsu a skilled veteran losing to Gouki isn't jobbing either. but Geese losing to Terry is jobbing because, you know, Geese is way cooler.

King Nothing

now don't tell me that you didn't join in the fray and say ryu would pwn Kazuya/Terry now did you? what was your opinion about Ryo/ryu? what about Jin/ryu and even kyo/Ryu? so get the picture....pro-ryu. not fanboy. i never said fanboy. putting words in my mouth.....again!

You do know Ryu would beat all those you just mentioned right? It's funny because about 4 of you says he wont and about 6 of us will say's he will. Roughly around the same number so is that really overrating him, especially since Ryu will most likely beat them.

Sado22
what makes you say that? the only thing Ryu has going for him is what? when was the last time he beat a hightier? heck, it took him 10 years alone to beat Ken (which he finally did in SF3: 3rd strike). Prior to that he lost to every SOB he fought who was tough. Sagat, Bison, Akuma, Oro, Hugo (possibly), Ken etc.
and you know what's funny: Terry beat hightiers and godtiers. so did Jin, so did Kazuya and at any rate, Ryo beat highter (Geese and Mr. Karate).
but wait...all these hightiers aren't "real" hightiers because only SF hightiers are real hightiers. so tell me: is saying something like that not being biased?
also, most people will now jump in and say "yes that's right because SF hightiers don't lose so they are tougher". which is fanboyish logic because here's a thought:

Q-it could very well mean that SF hightiers face crappy competition from the regular cast?
A-but...oh no..that's blasphemy! how could you say that?! castrate him! burn him at the stake! of course, saying SNK hightiers face crappy competition is totally acceptable.

Q-SF regular cast is shameful and need to work hard like say Tekken characters and SNK characters. if Terry previaled through sheer willpower against Geese and Krauser what's Ryu's problem?
A-but wait, willpower is futile and never helps in fights. i mean this is not just a videogame...its about being realistic. of course we're baring the fact that people in VG jump into space, throw balls of ki at people but still its not realistic to have a hero win against an opponet tougher than him....although Ken did defeat Ryu but nah, SF is free to manipulate reality and fiction....BUT NOT OTHER GAMES.

you see at the end of the day its all speculation. there is nothing proving that hightiers of SF are superior or inferior to those of SNK or Namco.

as for the number of people who are saying all this....you're new here arent you? give it sometime.

~Sado

King Nothing
what makes you say that? the only thing Ryu has going for him is what? when was the last time he beat a hightier? heck, it took him 10 years alone to beat Ken (which he finally did in SF3: 3rd strike). Prior to that he lost to every SOB he fought who was tough. Sagat, Bison, Akuma, Oro, Hugo (possibly), Ken etc.
and you know what's funny: Terry beat hightiers and godtiers. so did Jin, so did Kazuya and at any rate, Ryo beat highter (Geese and Mr. Karate).
but wait...all these hightiers aren't "real" hightiers because only SF hightiers are real hightiers. so tell me: is saying something like that not being biased?
also, most people will now jump in and say "yes that's right because SF hightiers don't lose so they are tougher". which is fanboyish logic because here's a thought:

Q-it could very well mean that SF hightiers face crappy competition from the regular cast?
A-but...oh no..that's blasphemy! how could you say that?! castrate him! burn him at the stake! of course, saying SNK hightiers face crappy competition is totally acceptable.

Q-SF regular cast is shameful and need to work hard like say Tekken characters and SNK characters. if Terry previaled through sheer willpower against Geese and Krauser what's Ryu's problem?
A-but wait, willpower is futile and never helps in fights. i mean this is not just a videogame...its about being realistic. of course we're baring the fact that people in VG jump into space, throw balls of ki at people but still its not realistic to have a hero win against an opponet tougher than him....although Ken did defeat Ryu but nah, SF is free to manipulate reality and fiction....BUT NOT OTHER GAMES.

you see at the end of the day its all speculation. there is nothing proving that hightiers of SF are superior or inferior to those of SNK or Namco.

as for the number of people who are saying all this....you're new here arent you? give it sometime.

~Sado What does any of those other fighters have going for them is the real question. Since when was the last time those characters can lift several tons, or dodge bullets? Ryu beat Ken several times before SF started and in the end Ryu was the final victor. None of the characters opposing Ryu could beat Sagat, Bison, Gouki, Oro(Ryu never lost to Hugo, you are aware of that, right?), and he lost to Ken long ago. So why even bring that up?
They are high tiers in there own games but, even though you may deny this until the day you die but SF high tiers are higher, plus SF does not job. So it's either the SF high tiers are higher or the other hight tiers are weak? Take your pick.
No one is a fanboy but saying Kyo, Jin, and Ryo can beat Bison, Gouki, Gill, or Oro would be a foolish claim, so why even bring that into an debate, you know better.

FACT-SF high tiers are extremly powerful and do not job. The rest of the cast is powerful. Capcom makes training to beat your opponenet logicaly and sencibly a series of games(Example Ryu training since SFA2 so that he may defeat Gouki some day)Not just having the main character come out of no where and beat the crap out of this so called "hight tier boss". You fail to realize what Remulous has probally been trying to say in all these threads I've browsed, not all fighting game tiers are the same, what may seem high in one game series may not be high in another. KOF's and Tekken's strongest caharacters can not take SF's (exept Orochi, but if his plot device was taken away, he could not survive either.)

FACT-SNK fighters don't face crappy competition, you see, your getting all bent out of shape on your own words, because from what I've read no one said SNK fighters are crappy.

FACT-SF are thee epitome of hard core training and the SF bosses are stronger then Tekken an SNK bosses, that's Ryu's problem.

FACT-We all know that video games are not real and I see you bring that up in nearly every thread. You steadily prove that SNK and Tekken bosses are not as strong as you make them seem, Seeing as how they are beaten by characters who show no series displays of power other then jobbing the bosses. None of them has done anything that puts them above SF bosses. I don't care how a video game minipulates it's own reality just don't think that the game's form reality applies to all games, because it doesn't. Just because Terry beat Geese does not mean he will beat every SF boss.

Until SNK and Tekken bosses can rival that of SF bosses, it's more than speculation. Look at us, attempting to compare an entire game company of characters to one single fighting game series (SNK and Tekken VS SF)

Actaully I've been here for several weeks, I just didn't post here often because of the massive hate and hostility shown to posters over video games and there beliefs.

TricksterPriest
Jin, on SF/KOF level? laughing oh, that's rich. NO ONE, IN TEKKEN, IS ON SF/KOF BOSS LEVEL. Most of the tekken cat pales in comparison to SF/KOF. Jin is powerful for Tekken, but that's big fish in a small pond. He's not that powerful compared to SF/KOF. Your claiming that Tekken's high tier is equal to SF/KOF's is an insult. They are never, and never will be, equal. Ryu losing to ken, that was because his focus was gone due to Satsui no hadou. Hugo, he beat. the others were all higher tier and there is no conceivable he could beat them in a straight fight.

King Nothing: Ryu can beat Jin easily. Terry&Iori, harder to call. I'm inclined to call those 2 matches a draw. But losing to Kyo? Never. Kyo is wanked to the extremes by SNK and the only good thing about Ash Crimson, is that he will hopefully take the bastich down. evil face It's high time someone knocked King Kyo off his throne and showed everyone how much of a loser he is. Mad props for recoqnizing the Modern Pirate. big grin "Kimi no shi-ne basho wa koko da."

Darkstorm: It's sad, but true. 90% of the SNK bosses job or lose because of plot devices. sad Example: Kyo 'beat' Rugal, but if you make a Kyo vs. Rugal thread, I guarantee everyone will call spite. Quite simply, Kyo is outclassed.

Rem: Talbain vs. Ryu is a good fight, but it's obvious Talbain will win. But Ryu CAN hang for awhile.

King Nothing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ryu can beat Jin easily. Terry&Iori, harder to call. I'm inclined to call those 2 matches a draw. But losing to Kyo? Never. Kyo is wanked to the extremes by SNK and the only good thing about Ash Crimson, is that he will hopefully take the bastich down. evil face It's high time someone knocked King Kyo off his throne and showed everyone how much of a loser he is. Mad props for recoqnizing the Modern Pirate. big grin "Kimi no shi-ne basho wa koko da."
I think Ryu will beat Iori but he will draw with Terry. I can say that Kyo is being made stronger then what he really is but he is also being made much weaker. I don't like Ash much either, is there anyone who does?

How could I not recognize, IMO, the greatest KOF character of all time (Rugal) he is one of my most favorite VG characters! thumb up

"Korede todome da!"

shin_remy
Ken beated Ryu in SF 2
KEn beated Urien in sf 3 third Strike

Ken beated Uncanon Gill AND RYU in the Japanese comics!!!!!!!

KEN IS NOT WEAK!!!! Ken makes the best out of Ryu come and Ryu does the same back to Ken!!! Even in sf 3 third strike. But there is difference in power between Ryu and Ken in third Strike

Ken can beat Kyo, Iori, Ryo and about Terry i don't know

And comparing Tekken to SF is stupid. they don't even come close.

And your opinion doesn't matter anymore. you can't support the character you like or else youre a fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at us, attempting to compare an entire game company of characters to one single fighting game series (SNK and Tekken VS SF)

we keep going offtopic again and again and again

this is how i see it

Tekken vs Virtua fighter or DOA

Capcom vs SNK

Sado22
so wait...any boss losing to the hero is jobbing? so that means that ALL games have a job-whore hero? come on...stop the fanboyism.
also you wanna know what they have going: okay lets list them:
-Terry Bogard. capable of dodging machine gun bullets, capable of taking down a whole unit of a heavily armed army unit by himself and actually having fun, outlasted a godtier, beat advanced human with so much power that he was disintingrating because of it in a one-on-one fight, unmatched heart and stamina (capable of getting right up after a kaiser wave for instance), 30+ years of fighting expereince (vs. 10 years of fighting experiene for ryu)...want more?
-Kazuya: survived falling off a really, really high cliff as a child (pact with devil made AFTER climbing the ravine by the way), capable of breaking armor plated robots in half with ONE PUNCH that wasn't even his strongest at any rate, picked up heavy ass robot, spun around, smacked it into 6 other heavy ass robot, tossed it 30 feet away into HUGE metal statue of Buddha and shattering both heavy ass, armor plated robot and the statue....again not even exposing his true strength here. so here's a thought: can a guy who picks up 8foot armor plated robots that could very well weigh a ton and toss it atleast 30feet away pick up a boulder? hmm.....
-Jin kazama: dude, the guy is stronger than Kazuya and Hachi. Nuff said.
-Kyo: when was the last time Ryu knocked out Sagat? never....unless you're counting cheapie shoryuken in SF1. yeah, well try KO'ing a god with one punch. Ryu can't even KO a hightier so let alone KO'ing not godtier but a god. oh wait...but that was jobbing, right? regardless, facts remain facts. Kyo KO'd a god. Ryu never could. no chance.
-Iori: is stronger, faster and more dangerous than Kyo. Period.

still need a dictionary?

they are higher because a SF fanboy states they are higher. sure. get some proof.

Never said any of them would beat Gill or Gouki or Oro. Bison, if its SF2, they at any rate i see Kyo pwning him. SFA3 Bison, no, unless he has help.

FACT: you have no way of prooving that not jobbing means they are higher or better than any other game's bosses. nor is this proof that SF cast is superior....heck it could very well mean they suck.
FACT: don't assume things you have no hope of knowing.
FACT: geese and bison have been placed on the same level by both game produceers....so for f--k sake the safest bet we have is that SFtiers=SNKtiers.....and of course from taht analogy, SNK characters>>SF characters.

FACT: no getting bent out of shape.
FACT2: you have hardly seen most forums here during Brainchild's SNK rave prime.

really....? don't see it that way. unless you mean 30+ years of street fighting doesn't mean squat infront of a 10 year old fighting career.

when was the last time Bison could destroy the world...with his own power at any rate? Orochi can. heck the Jin twins have shown more power than Bison.
akuma can break ayres rock in half. *claps* good for him. Geonitz f--ked up a whole city with a glimpse of his power.

...your point?

okay so you're not a n00b (which i already apologized for by the way) but you're still new here. most posts i am refering to are as old as November last year.

you know you and i will be seeing a lot of eachother. i have no beef against you or something nor do i think you're my mortal enemy or something. Lets make it a good debate. good lucksmile

shinremy

yeah...good for him. but sad part is i could very well come here and tell you that i had a dream where i beat the crap out of Ryu.......and THIS would have more credibility than the comics.
so again.........URUSAI KONO GAKI!!!

~Sado

shin_remy
??

keep your big mouth fool

you think you get respect with debating like this, you think everybody likes you here?

then youre wrong!!!

i've still been here longer then you and do you see me attacking older members. i'f i'm wrong i admit that. maybe not in the past when i came here. but i listen to older members. you came here and simply said that every older member was wrong..

Brainchild
Remolous
Darkstorm
Emperor Ashtar ( the war between us is over wink )
Hoshi
Trickster
Gouki
even Judge
P-Geyser
Superboy Prime
Jinzin
C-Master

(sorry if i spelled your names wrong ) and people who i haven't wrote down are good people in my eyes and i respect them. Respect people!!!!!!!!big grinbig grin

Sado22
keep my big mouth? well of course i would keep it. who wants to lose his mouth?

i didn't come here to make friends actually, but this place is fun and everyone seems to like my humor so all is good. Cloud and Power geyser are good friends. Emp, brainy, remulus, trickester, dark storm don't always agree with me ( sad) but we're still cool with each other. besides...emp, trickster, remulus and dark have complimented my humor numerous times. in fact, despite all the apparent heat, i still consider them all my friends.

anyone here remember the "pulp fiction terry bogard" imitation?smile

i think i'm gonna cry big grin

actually if you hadn't attacked me when we first came across each other, we won't be having this conversation......if you call me tearing you a new one a "conversation" at any ratewink
besides, i tried to settle things with you peacefully and even apologized but had you kept your big mouth SHUT when you had the chance you'd still be shitting from one hole and not two.

~Sado

shin_remy
when did you apologize?

Judge 64
SADO, YOU Bi tch!
ypu are not welcome on KMCsmile
nobody likes yousmile

ya little fanboysmile

Judge 64
I hate Sado and want him away from KMCsmile
WHO IS WITH ME!?big grin
we dont want that little fanboyish bastard here!!

Judge 64
I hate Sado and want him away from KMC.
WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

Judge 64
WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

shin_remy
I AM with you big grinbig grinbig grin

Judge 64
Originally posted by shin_remy
I AM with you big grinbig grinbig grin

good, manbig grin

Judge 64
WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

olympian
I don't see Tung as a rip off, because he is based off a character of non fighting game character, I can see it as paying homage but not a rip..
Your response and Brains, baffles me a bit, to be honest. Its not a direct baffle at you but rather the opinions. So if a character looks alot like another, but comes from another media, it doenst count?

Tung looks exactly like Roshi, serves the same porpuse of Roshi, and even has the main attack that resembles Roshi Kame wave and yet because Roshi wasent featured in the early (hes been featured later, tho) DB figthing games as Goku was, its not a rip?

Iori resembles those guys style and yet hes "totally original" like Brain has commented early on? So is Kazar of Marvel not a rip off of Tarzan? Futhermore, yes it can be an homage, but arent those...in the same boat too? Or to be a rip there is an intention of malacy behind? Do we even know if there was one regarding the producers who moved to Capcom to Snk? Was there any on Kirby when he used its same concepts he helped created, in other companies?

Well, just food for though. Either way i respect your view to regard a character being a good figther despise your personal opinion. Thats what being objective is.

Emperor Ashtar

Tung looks exactly like Roshi, serves the same porpuse of Roshi, and even has the main attack that resembles Roshi Kame wave and yet because Roshi wasent featured in the early (hes been featured later, tho) DB figthing games as Goku was, its not a rip?

Iori resembles those guys style and yet hes "totally original" like Brain has commented early on? So is Kazar of Marvel not a rip off of Tarzan? Futhermore, yes it can be an homage, but arent those...in the same boat too? Or to be a rip there is an intention of malacy behind? Do we even know if there was one regarding the producers who moved to Capcom to Snk? Was there any on Kirby when he used its same concepts he helped created, in other companies?

I see tung as more of a homage than anything else, seriously what isn't based of Dragonball? Tung and Roshi are completely different circumstances, than Ryo and Ryu. Capcom & Snk are rival companies, and snk accepts a design that is not only used by capcom already,but it's a trademark design. That's just stupid, it's obvioulsy not a homage because why would you make an homage to your own character you designed for a rival company. and it's not a rip off because the same designer of Ryu made Ryo. So, then it's a spoof made out of spite.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Judge 64
WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?
we dont want that little fanboyish bastard here!! People with restricted accounts are typically unwanted on these boards, and most of the time, they're wrong about everything they say.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A106816
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=558325

Cloud_VII
Ryu is no where on my top 10 but I will say there is alot Anti-Ryu posters and Anti-Ryu supporters posters(by supporters I don't mean people that like Ryu, I just mean backing him when necessary.) It's as if when some one says Ryu will win all hell breaks lose and vise versa. I don't like Ryu much but I will admit that Ryu is probably the strongest 2d fighting game hero, or at least in the top 3. You all will have to come to a harsh (harsh to some) reality in this thread, some day.

-Even though Terry has the edge over Kyo and Iori, he is no longer the flag ship. As of now, Kyo is the most important character.

-Just because a creature is not human or is mixed with an animal, beast or monster does not mean he can defeat any human.

-Just because some one constantly supports a character(mainly in close fights) does not mean they are fanboys.

-Gods(especially those Japanese kind) are not that Omnipotent and can be beaten.

And these are only some of the things you all will have to come to terms with on this so called "Game VS Forum".

This is laughable, it's always the same people calling others fanboys and it's always the same people saying they aren't. Does anyone realize that there aren't that many supporters on either side, such as the fact that there is just as many people defending the fact that Ryu is not overated as there is people saying he is. No character is really overated on this forum. There a re just those who are underrated. You forgot one thing mate.

- A fully armed Ryu would utterly stomp a non holding back Akuma wink

P-Geyser
How?

Hearing you express your frustration on how people here disrepect Ryu.

I myself can sympathize on hearing of this garbage b.s how the characters in FF job to Terry to make him look good which is again Bullsh!t.

P-Geyser
no its more like this:
if anyone other than Ryu beats someone tough, its jobbing. if ryu beats someone tough, he did it through sheer training and willpower and skill.
Terry beat Geese in FF1 but that was jobbing. apparently no one can beat someone a non-godtier boss because that's jobbing. apparently heroes, aside from ryu, should always lose to the boss.
however Sagat (as most people think as was evident in the Sagat/Ryu thread sometime back) losing to Ryu would not be jobbing but a battle of skill where Ryu, of course, would prevai

A to THE F**KIN MEN

Remulous
Hearing you express your frustration on how people here disrepect Ryu.

I myself can sympathize on hearing of this garbage b.s how the characters in FF job to Terry to make him look good which is again Bullsh!t. I was not frustrated, I was just stating facts. How does my post sound like I'm frustrated (Even though know one can hear me or anyone else for that matter.) So how can you tell I'm frustrated, I was just stating as facts as I said earlier.

I can agree with you and King Nothing that Terry does not job, as King Nothing said in another thread that at least Terry trains, he deserves is victories...he trains hard.

Other then Brain Child, who else thinks thatTerry jobs? You know that the that KOFers job and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't think because they are able to beat the crap out of there own characters that it would be just as easy with other video game companies.

Remulous

This is laughable, it's always the same people calling others fanboys and it's always the same people saying they aren't. Does anyone realize that there aren't that many supporters on either side, such as the fact that there is just as many people defending the fact that Ryu is not overated as there is people saying he is. No character is really overated on this forum. There a re just those who are underrated. One of the truest and most unbiased post yet. thumb up

I salute you!

P-Geyser
I was not frustrated, I was just stating facts. How does my post sound like I'm frustrated (Even though know one can hear me or anyone else for that matter.) So how can you tell I'm frustrated, I was just stating as facts as I said earlier.

Sure sounded like it to me. You were claiming that Ryu LOSES in these forums not to mention YOU specifying on the "Capcom Hate" and how some people seem to be against YOU.

King Nothing
so wait...any boss losing to the hero is jobbing? so that means that ALL games have a job-whore hero?
Whoa, you have totally gone off road with this. I don't know how you could've interpreted that from my post, are you Okay?

come on...stop the fanboyism.You can't be serious, me a fan boy. I thought SF and SNK were fun games to play but I never really was a fan of either. Honestly, this board is beginning to make me hate them.

also you wanna know what they have going: okay lets list them:
-Terry Bogard. capable of dodging machine gun bullets, capable of taking down a whole unit of a heavily armed army unit by himself and actually having fun,When?

outlasted a godtier, beat advanced human with so much power that he was disintegrating because of it in a one-on-one fight, unmatched heart and stamina (capable of getting right up after a kaiser wave for instance)Once again, you fail to realize that SNK how do you all call it "god tiers" are very different from Capcom's. Just because he outclassed his games "god tiers" does not mean he can outclass the "god tiers" the SFs have to put up with. That whole "disintegrating" bit is absolutely irrelevant. Surviving a Kaiser Wave does not mean unmatched heart and stamina, you do know that right? That can very well be compared to Ryu surviving Bison's Psycho shot in Alpha 3. I think Ryu and Terry is a draw.

30+ years of fighting expereince (vs. 10 years of fighting experiene for ryu) You lack the necessary knowledge to debate against SF. Ryu has over 40 years of training, Gouken started training Ryu since he was able to do so. I can say that Ryu may have more training then Terry.

...want more?Yes because so far you haven't provided me with anything.

-Kazuya: survived falling off a really, really high cliff as a child (pact with devil made AFTER climbing the ravine by the way), capable of breaking armor plated robots in half with ONE PUNCH that wasn't even his strongest at any rate, picked up heavy ass robot, spun around, smacked it into 6 other heavy ass robot, tossed it 30 feet away into HUGE metal statue of Buddha and shattering both heavy ass, armor plated robot and the statue....again not even exposing his true strength here. so here's a thought: can a guy who picks up 8foot armor plated robots that could very well weigh a ton and toss it atleast 30feet away pick up a boulder? hmm..... All that still does not compare to lifting 2 boulders that are roughly the size of tanks and a person to top it off. Not to mention that Devil helped Kazuya in nearly all those feats.

-Jin kazama: dude, the guy is stronger than Kazuya and Hachi. Nuff said.I wont even dignify that answer with a response.

-Kyo: when was the last time Ryu knocked out Sagat? never....unless you're counting cheapie shoryuken in SF1. yeah, well try KO'ing a god with one punch. Ryu can't even KO a hightier so let alone KO'ing not godtier but a god. oh wait...but that was jobbing, right? regardless, facts remain facts. Kyo KO'd a god. Ryu never could. no chance.Plot device. Orochi is weak against Kyo's flame, If Orochi was not weak against Kyo's flame Kyo would have been defeated. Strange how Kyo can K.O. a "god" yet he can't even come remotely close to beating Iori. How can you not see that as being a plot device, you must really like Kyo. Not to mention while Kyo put all his power into that attack and Iori is holding him so that Kyo can land the hit. You make it seem as if it was a normal punch, that so called "punch" is the strongest attack Kyo has ever used. I see you mention this punch K.O. thing alot, you should never use it again because there are so many things wrong with that, some I have yet to mention. Never use that feat again. Kyo has yet to dodge bullets or lift over a ton.

-Iori: is stronger, faster and more dangerous than Kyo. Period.This doesn't even deserve a response.

still need a dictionary?If your providing it...I'll pass.

they are higher because a SF fanboy states they are higher. sure. get some proof.Are you calling me a fanboy? I could say something but I wont. The SF "high tiers" are not higher because an inadequate debater says so. I'de rather believe the barks of an ally dog over that.

FACT: you have no way of prooving that not jobbing means they are higher or better than any other game's bosses. nor is this proof that SF cast is superior....heck it could very well mean they suck.Well, if this is the case no one has proof of anything because no one can prove a victor in a battle that will never happen.

FACT: don't assume things you have no hope of knowing. laughing That really isn't a fact and you have the nerve to tell me that, you should practice what you preach.

FACT: geese and bison have been placed on the same level by both game produceers....so for f--k sake the safest bet we have is that SFtiers=SNKtiers.....and of course from taht analogy, SNK characters>>SF characters. Actually, in the 1st CVS game Geese was below Bison level and it was Rugal who rivaled Bison they changed it so that the 2 bosses could be more even for story purposes., so by using you logic... SNK characters<<SF characters

when was the last time Bison could destroy the world...with his own power at any rate? Orochi can. heck the Jin twins have shown more power than Bison.
akuma can break ayres rock in half. *claps* good for him. Geonitz f--ked up a whole city with a glimpse of his power.Orochi can beat Bison, but no one else in SNK can. The Jin twins are not that powerful. Gouki's island is larger then a city in which Gouki destroyed in a single punch, nor was he even Shin. Gouki far outclasses Goenitz. Also, Goenitz never destroyed a city but I will give him a penny for his efforts.

...your point?It's like a Country(SNK) VS a Town(SF)

you know you and i will be seeing a lot of eachother. i have no beef against you or something nor do i think you're my mortal enemy or something. Lets make it a good debate. good lucksmile The felling is mutual Sado22

brainchild81
a little correction for the Iori-Legato story. the inspiration for Iori style of appearance is inspired from/homage to one manga artist who designed Legato and Brandon Heat. For the record Iori has the same appearane as Legato Bluesummers and Brandon Heat/Beyond the Grave who are both designed by the same guy: tall, stooping broad shoulders and the hair covering one eye, with a long bony face and high cheek bones. hence the similarity.
and for the record, i'm pretty sure Iori came before Legato since Trigun came out in 1999.
that out of the way.Cool. If that's true, what Oly said has even less worthsmile
both are pretty common names and having them with similar names may or may not be intentional. its on wikipedia like Oly told you long time back.If you're talking about the links to the Japanese stuff, I said a while back that I had no translator. Still, did anybody claim Ryu & the ripoff's creation?
AGAIN...not name calling. read what i said: i was taking a few pro-Ryu people's names of the top of my head to prove Remulus wrong. what are you defficient?
now don't tell me that you didn't join in the fray and say ryu would pwn Kazuya/Terry now did you? what was your opinion about Ryo/ryu? what about Jin/ryu and even kyo/Ryu? so get the picture....pro-ryu. not fanboy. i never said fanboy. putting words in my mouth.....again!Watch yourself mane. I was talking about the shin faggy comment. That is name calling. We're better than that.
as for the jobber argument well, its been 6 months and we're back to square one with every other thread aren't we. tedious but what the hell.
also you have no choice but to say Ryu'd lose cuz you know...when was the last time he won against any tough opponent?Ken. Ryu unlike Terry fights people there to win, not lose all the time to make him look good. When was the last time Terry won by himself against somebody who wasn't a jobber or a nobody? Seriously dude, if it was just me, you'd have something, everybody knows I don't have much love for Terry. But you have Terry fans(everybody here but me I think) saying the same thing. Terry has been jobbing the s**t outta people. That seems to be how SNK gets down. You don't have to see it that way, but I honestly can't see it any other way. I hold everybody to the same standards of approval, I'm not gonna go easy on a character I'm not fond of mane.
no its more like this:
Terry beat Geese in FF1 but that was jobbing. apparently no one can beat someone a non-godtier boss because that's jobbing.Huh? You've gotta type that again correctly to get your point across.
apparently heroes, aside from ryu, should always lose to the boss.laughing What are you defficient? Is that what you've gotten from all these posts? Seriously dude, has anybody said anything anywhere near like that? Hell to the no! 1st, nobody ever said Ryu should be beating bosses more than anyone else. 2nd it's quite obvious that we have no problem w/Ryu losing to bosses, in fact we like it because it keeps our bosses boss-like. So that "aside from Ryu" statement was just foolish. That seems like something said out of frustration. Relax mane. Beating bosses is something that should be built up to. Kinda like Kyo getting his ass whooped by Goenitz and then working hard to be better next time. Terry's whole Hulk Hogan routine was played out from the start. & even HH has losses on his record. We never implied they should always lose, just that they shouldn't ALWAYS win single handedly, unless of course you like the bosses to look weak as hell. Don't blame us for not just eating up lame & repetitive story telling just because you do. It's more like "everybody's capable of losing except Terry" & that makes perfect sense to you.
however Sagat (as most people think as was evident in the Sagat/Ryu thread sometime back) losing to Ryu would not be jobbing but a battle of skill where Ryu, of course, would prevail.I have to see this thread
and again, you're annoying habit of putting words in my mouth continues:
i didn't say SFA3 Bison or even alpha Bison. i said STREET FIGHTER TWO bison would lose to Terry. SF2 Bison is not godtier but hightier and terry has outlasted other hightiers before so him outlasting a hightier isn't out of question. not to mention i said that ages ago. what has SF2 Bison done that makes you people think he's unbeatable. he probably lost to Guile/Chunli and most people here agree that Guile would lose to Terry any day. so do the math.I thought that he got roughed up by Gouki after he got jumped. I didn't mention a specific Bison, I said Bison. I don't put words in your mouth. It's usually the other way around. Terry's getting f**ked up from whatever version used.
please name any tough opponent Ken has faced besides Ryu and Bison (for whom he was getting help). come on tell me. Sakura is not in his league, neither is Karin Kanzuki, neither is Sean.
Compare that to Geese, Krauser, Ryo, Kyo, Iori, K', Ash, Grant, Rock....and i could just go on and on and on. And you know...Terry didn't lose to them either. IMO all of these people here can whip Ken's butt to hell except Rock of course. but keeping my opinion aside, tell me has Ken faced such competition? no way! has he spent 25 years fighting? no.And someone here was talking of facing lame competition to look good. at least Terry wasn't spoon fed little school girls to fight so he could look good. at least terry didn't have rookies fighting him so he could look good.
oh but that's right...they were jobbing terry. i mean its terry's fault that none of these people could curbstomp him like Brainchild wants.Or you can say it's SNKs fault. I don't really care who you blame for it. It's just lame. Terry was spoon fed jobber bosses & nobodies to make him look good. Look @ FF history mane. & you don't have to tell me that Terry didn't lose. I know that. WE ALL know that. This guy never loses. Ken fights whoever's put in front of him & there's no time limit bullsh*t put in place to save him from a loss like there is for this one guy that wears a hat. Terry doesn't have to get curbstomped, just lose straight up. Him getting curbstomped would just be a bonusevil face Everybody should be laid out @ least once.
its his fault that he manages to hold his own...because for a guy, who spent more time on the streets fighting and honing his skills longer than almost ALL fighters in fighting games (a whopping 30+ years on the streets) it is totally unacceptable for him to be an exceptionally good fighter and be skilled enough to hold his own against fighter.
however, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense when someone (akuma) trains to inhuman levels and becomes godtier. but for a guy who has been fighting for 30+ years, its unfathomable that he is really, really good.I have no problem w/somebody being good. It's when they're made to seem unbeatable(IE, no losses) that they start to bore me. You don't seem to get that. Try a lil' harder to understand mane.

(and i'll save you the trouble: don't even start to assume that I'm saying Terry is gotier)

not to mention that Ryu, more skilled than Ken, losing to Ken isn't jobbing. goutetsu a skilled veteran losing to Gouki isn't jobbing either. but Geese losing to Terry is jobbing because, you know, Geese is way cooler. The gap between Ryu & Ken has always been described as slim as can be, so no there was no jobbing. When it's that close victory is never certain. That's how it is when you're fighting cats who are actually there to win and have glory for themselves instead of throwing their faces into your fists like the jobbers & nobodies Terry beats up on do. Gouki trained hard and used deadly force and forbidden tech to win. It's not rockect science. & I think you said something about Ryu beating Geese & then Bison? Where was this @? please quote it.

& Lighten up mane.

brainchild81
For the record, I did not say Ryu would beat Talbain, I just said it wouldn't be a slaughter! What the f**k is up with you people? I was simply saying Ryu could hang cuz I wanted the thread I created to stay alive. You guys have Ryu losing to Kyo for God sakes. And you want to talk about me cuz I said Ryu can beat Jin, Iori, and Terry, WTF What the f**k? ? The Capcom hate is extreme here. I'll admit that when I first got here I thought Ryu was untouchable but since then I have said Ryu loses to plenty of people. Don't let them get you down. It's amazing how some can't admit Terry'd likely get beaten by O.Iori, but somehow you're the one w/the sensitivity.Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Why is my name being dredged up in this? How many times have I said Ryu wins?, Screw that, how many times have I said Ryu has lost?

I can tell you right now Sads, that I have said he''s had alot of losses and draws, there is no reason for me to state against my own oppinion for the sake of other people... Yes, I feel sure that Ryu will just about draw with the majority of "Hero" characters from SNK, and despite what you may think, I can say that based on the pure fact that the "Big Bad Bosses" of SNK are jobbers in the end, there is no logical reason why those guys lost their matches, and youknow it.

It took Huge feats from multiple people to bring down thebosses from Street Fighter, For example, Bison got owned by about 6 people operating simultaneously, including some big names like Ryu, en and Sagat.

This ismy oppinion, and it doesn't change for nobody,itonly changes when the facts change, thank you. Good post. Sado is the kind of fan writers must love. He just swallows everything & never asks any questions, when we're dealing w/SNK of course. That's awesome.

&King Nothing you seem to be cool and realize that this sh*t's not that serious, but if you say Terry's got the edge over Iori or Kyo again....I will throw a ninja star @ your nuts. smile

Sado22
...BUSTER WOLF
sorry couldn't help itbig grin

KoF2000.

psycho shot....and surviving it? last i checked Ryu got pwned by Bison was laid out and was being brainwashed till Sagat, Sakura and Ken came and rescued his soon-to-be-Pscyho-Ryu-and-get-pwned-by-Sagat @$$.

Dude...Ryu is 33 in SF3. that's 20 years of training AT BEST! he started street fighting when he was 23. 10 years of fighting experience.
also dojo training doesn't mean shit to actual fighting. Terry's been FIGHTING FOR 30+ YEARS. Do some more research on the age bit if you don't believe me.

what? come on. i don't care of Devil was helping or not. fact of the matter is Kazy uses that power regardless so its more like his own power. in a fight he uses that power and hence it counts.
and please, throwing a robot that could very well weigh a ton 30 feet away isn't a comparable feet......not to mention doing it effortlessly. come on, man, you can do better than that.

okay that was rude.

you mean the Iori whose power is comparable to Geonitz...that Iori? you mean the Iori who is practically a boss character in KoF universe? you mean the Iori who can handle the power of which only a fraction of was pwning the entire KoF95 roaster and consumed and vaporized someone as powerful as Rugal.
as for "plot device" no where has it ever been said that Orochi is weak against the Kusanagi flames. look about it. NEVER has it ever been said.

really...or you have nothing to say?

no not really, i'm not. and sorry if you're offended.

dude...the bosses you faced on either mode were Geese and Bison.

no the island was just a island no need to go saying something like that since there is no proof that it is. for all we know its a big rock in the middle of nowhere. not to mention how his strongest move could only crack ayres rock in half...hardly equivalent to destroying a city now is it.
Goenitz, Omega rugal, Ignitz can beat Bison. other than that yes.
as for Goenitz, have you seen his stage in KoF96...yeah did you see that huge portal in the sky, the wrecked stadium and nothing in sight of the city that the stadium was in........?

once again sorry for the parts that I was rude in. it wasn't my intention. look forward to your reply.

~Sado
P.S. here's a pic of the entire roaster of KoF. Notice how Iori is shown next to the boss characters.

brainchild81
Cool pic. Is there a bigger version.

Cloud_VII
Iori looks funny

Sado22
not that i know of. i wish it were though, its a cool pic.
also sorry about the "deficient" comment...kinda comes naturally when someone puts words in your mouth for the umpteenth time evil face

~The Misunderstood Sado-sama
P.S. Iori isn't the only thing funny about this pic. Rock is looking up Shingo @$$ too laughing

shin_remy
King Nothing

i like you

I Salute you smile

olympian
If you're talking about the links to the Japanese stuff, I said a while back that I had no translator. Still, did anybody claim Ryu & the ripoff's creation?
The names of the gents as well as the games were in English....

Cool. If that's true, what Oly said has even less worthsmile
Except for the part that he isent all original.

Emperor Ashtar

Other then Brain Child, who else thinks thatTerry jobs? You know that the that KOFers job and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't think because they are able to beat the crap out of there own characters that it would be just as easy with other video game companies.

::Raises Hand:: because he does, if terry beats boss tiers so easily then the dude should at least be able to reach the semi finals in kof ffs.

P-Geyser
I will admit that Ryu is probably the strongest 2d fighting game hero, or at least in the top 3. You all will have to come to a harsh (harsh to some) reality in this thread, some day.

I give you that one.

Even though Terry has the edge over Kyo and Iori, he is no longer the flag ship. As of now, Kyo is the most important character.

I know and it sucks dosent it?

I agree but the Ryu supporters(mainly the majority)think otherwise. Only Sado was the only one tall enough to say that Terry beats Ryu and for that, his head was placed in a vice. laughing

Well I still disagree somewhat. Though he is a very good fighter and AOF gameplay wise is different from SF...though I am sure you know that.

I agree pretty much with everything else stated.

Sado22
you sly little devil you...! big grin
yeah they sure put my head in a vice for that one...or tried at any rate. They just forget about the "Invincible" part in The Invincible Sado-sama big grin

*chops his arm down with a chainsaw*
mad
terry DOES reach the semifinals for the record. Kaliu lantils, Kalau Lantis or whatever even agrees on that part. Terry's been making it to the semis since KoF94. i'll post the link if you are skeptical.

~KMC Chainsaw Massacre LeatherFace Sado-sama

Emperor Ashtar

*chops his arm down with a chainsaw*
mad
terry DOES reach the semifinals for the record. Kaliu lantils, Kalau Lantis or whatever even agrees on that part. Terry's been making it to the semis since KoF94. i'll post the link if you are skeptical.

~KMC Chainsaw Massacre LeatherFace Sado-sama
::Grows a new one:: Did I forget to mention that I'm a Namekian?
MAKKANKOSAPPO!!!!

big grin

I'm skeptical,BTW

Remulous
Don't let them get you down. It's amazing how some can't admit Terry'd likely get beaten by O.Iori, but somehow you're the one w/the sensitivity. Down? It's more like confused. This $hit is crazy.Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
::Raises Hand:: because he does, if terry beats boss tiers so easily then the dude should at least be able to reach the semi finals in kof ffs. I don't think he beats'em easy, he has hard earned victorioes. He should reach the semi finals but for some reason he doesn't. You'll have to ask SNK about that.

brainchild81
The names of the gents as well as the games were in English....

Except for the part that he isent all original. Who is then? It's when you blatantly have way too much in common w/another that you become a ripoff. Ryo seems like a cheap try to cash in on Ryu's popularity. Iori's not a ripoff or a bad joke like Ryo. There's really no comparison. I have to see these name & games then. More importantly, do they say what I asked for? Do they claim Ryu & Ryo?Originally posted by Sado22
not that i know of. i wish it were though, its a cool pic.
also sorry about the "deficient" comment...kinda comes naturally when someone puts words in your mouth for the umpteenth time evil face

~The Misunderstood Sado-sama
P.S. Iori isn't the only thing funny about this pic. Rock is looking up Shingo @$$ too laughing You should have put The Misunderstanding Sado-samalaughing You've been interpreting what I & a few others have been saying in a seriously flawed fashion. I haven't been putting words in your mouth either.

That's Rock?! Why the hell'd they make him a kid again?

Cloud_VII
Why is this still continuing? Ryo doesn't stand a chance against Kazuya.

Darkstorm Zero
Dude...Ryu is 33 in SF3. that's 20 years of training AT BEST! he started street fighting when he was 23. 10 years of fighting experience.
also dojo training doesn't mean shit to actual fighting. Terry's been FIGHTING FOR 30+ YEARS. Do some more research on the age bit if you don't believe me.

Sado, I've asked you before to prove Ryu's age at the start of SF1, you couldn't tellme, and instead reliedon Tiamat's FAQ, I will say again, prove it, or don't use itin a debate.

you mean the Iori whose power is comparable to Geonitz...that Iori? you mean the Iori who is practically a boss character in KoF universe? you mean the Iori who can handle the power of which only a fraction of was pwning the entire KoF95 roaster and consumed and vaporized someone as powerful as Rugal.
as for "plot device" no where has it ever been said that Orochi is weak against the Kusanagi flames. look about it. NEVER has it ever been said.

OMFG Iori now Equals Goenitz?!? WTF have you been smoking? ittook Both kyo and Iori to down Goenits, not Iori going toe-to-toe with him...

The Magatama Flames are what renders Orochi weak enough to be sealed, the Flames are wielded by both the Kusanagi and Yagami, this is evidentin the games themselves so don'teven try that stund Sado...

no the island was just a island no need to go saying something like that since there is no proof that it is. for all we know its a big rock in the middle of nowhere. not to mention how his strongest move could only crack ayres rock in half...hardly equivalent to destroying a city now is it.
as for Goenitz, have you seen his stage in KoF96...yeah did you see that huge portal in the sky, the wrecked stadium and nothing in sight of the city that the stadium was in........?

That proves absolutely nothing... Gokentou was actually fairly large for an island, covered with trees rocks and underbrush, so the islandwouldhave hadto have been there for sometime,nottomention the formation of rock meansit's old and solid. Oh, and Akuma did not use the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan to destroy it,this is proven by the fact that by SF3 2nd Impact, it was a brand new attack,andplease prove that it is Akuma's strongest move? It may say Ultimate Technique, but that has becomepretty vague, so Iask youto be moredefinitive,especially in the faceof the difference in power of theattacks.

Sinking an island entirely>>>>>slashing a huge rock in two>>>>>demolishing the remainsofa sunken ship.

Emperor Ashtar
Darkstorm, you think gouki destroying an island is a greater feat than destroy Ayers rock A.K.A the "Earth's belly-button"?!

shin_remy
besides that, i read that his powers in the end of sf alpha were strong enough to blow mountains and islands. so he didn't blew only Gokentou up

and being to stand against the pressure when he was under water is unbelieveble

his strenght in his fists are unmatched. and he is not slow too. his feats were done without taking much effort. like it was nothing.....

( i want to see Akuma using all his strenght and making a effort against somebody) stick out tongue big grinbig grin

Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm, you think gouki destroying an island is a greater feat than destroy Ayers rock A.K.A the "Earth's belly-button"?!

He didn't wipe out Uluru completely, just slashed it in two. The island he demolished actually sunk beneath the oceans surface, which means one of two things, he's either pulverised the entire island into rubble which then flattened itself against the ocean floor. Or he's moved the tectonic platesaround the island and actually pushed that plate deeper into the Earth. Either eventuality is a whuge feat, monsterous compared to simply slashing a gigantic solid rock in half

Remulous
...BUSTER WOLF
sorry couldn't help itbig grin More like Busta Woof!!!

KoF2000. Dude...He had serious help from most of the cast, he didn't do that all on his own.

psycho shot....and surviving it? last i checked Ryu got pwned by Bison was laid out and was being brainwashed till Sagat, Sakura and Ken came and rescued his soon-to-be-Pscyho-Ryu-and-get-pwned-by-Sagat @$$. Nope, Ryu wasn't laid out, he physically took the shot, it just messed with his head.

also dojo training doesn't mean shit to actual fighting. Terry's been FIGHTING FOR 30+ YEARS. Do some more research on the age bit if you don't believe me.Ryu was in his mid 30's in SF2, the Capcom Classics Collection states his complete DOB clearly. Ryu was out on his own years before 23, 23 would be more like SFA-SFA2. As far as dojo training goes, I would rather train with Gouken (1 of the strongest fighters in the world) and Ken (1 of the strongest fighters in the world) in a dojo then train in the streets with a bunch of nobodies.

what? come on. i don't care of Devil was helping or not. fact of the matter is Kazy uses that power regardless so its more like his own power. in a fight he uses that power and hence it counts.
and please, throwing a robot that could very well weigh a ton 30 feet away isn't a comparable feet......not to mention doing it effortlessly. come on, man, you can do better than that.I can understand what you are saying for the Devil thing, but still throwing Jacks doesn't not compare to lifting 2 let's say, SUVs, with a man at the top with out a Devil Gene. Kazuya did not lift Jack effortlessly and he really didn't throw it 30ft, your over exaggerating Sado, just a tad.

as for "plot device" no where has it ever been said that Orochi is weak against the Kusanagi flames. look about it. NEVER has it ever been said.His power is not comparable to Goenitz, he lost to Ash Crimson. He may be a boss in his own universe but that does not apply to the rest of the fighting game universes.
As far as the Orochi power goes it's in Iori's blood, he is supposed to use the power, it's his. Now let him not have lucked up with his so called "cursed blood", he would've ended up like Rugal and even with all his Orochi power, Rugal with that fraction he had would defeat Iori. Besides, who doesn't beat up a KOF cast now a days?

dude...the bosses you faced on either mode were Geese and Bison.In CVS1 Bison was the boss of Cap and Rugal was the boss of SNK. Akuma and Evil Ryu were the super bosses

as for Goenitz, have you seen his stage in KoF96...yeah did you see that huge portal in the sky, the wrecked stadium and nothing in sight of the city that the stadium was in........?Yes, have you seen the island in the game?
Ayers Rock is very large and just because it's Akuma's strongest move does not mean he used it at full power, because he didn't. BTY, the Ayers Rock splitter is not his strongest move anymore, it's the Tenshou Kai Reki Jin
Goenitz and Ignitz can not defeat Bison with the Psycho Drive.
Goenitz did not destroy the city or stadium, the contents and atmosphere of the portal did. Anyone who can open the portal can do that. Now, in CVS2 G.Rugal set a city a blaze.

~Sado
P.S. here's a pic of the entire roaster of KoF. Notice how Iori is shown next to the boss characters. That pic is F**kin cool.

BTY, Ayers Rock is huge this pic is only the entrance to the Rock

Darkstorm Zero
I know what it is, I live in Australia... (Despite what my Location says stick out tongue )

Sado22
dude..get a grip. I never seen a post of yours with this many typos.

well at least i DID proove it to an extent. when was the last time you proved your "DOB" around here any way?
Ryu is born 1964.

i said "COMPARABLE". Iori is practically a boss character.
and for the record, Mature literally considered Iori to be stronger than Geonitz.

show me proof. really. where the hell does it say that all Kyo and Iori have to do is touch Orochi with the flames for him to be sealed. you all are making it look like once Iori or Kyo bring on the flames, Orochi becomes an "UMANGA": a shrivelled up monkey penis!
*if you smelllllllllllllllll...what sado is cooking*

spare me the geography lessons. the point is its not a metropolitan city at any rate.
as for the kongou kokuretsuzan, Akuma used and mastered that technique by SF3. i don't know about you but "ultimate technique" kinda puts me on the side of "strongest technique". especially since it took him all that training and years to finally master it. i doubt someone wastes all those years trying to learn things that aren't superior to those he already knows.
also we aren't SHOWN the island beind destroyed. IMO its fan folklore. when gouki did the attack, the island was in place with the place that he smacked burning ONLY.
of course i'll be honest enough to admit that i did play SFA2 a long time ago. but from what i remember, the island itself was in place and i have the pic from the game itself to prove it.

:hysterical:

dude..check the Kailu lantis faq. Terry was there fighting against heavily armed NESTS soldiers and while the team wanted to bail out Terry wanted to stick around as he was having fun.
dodging bullets by heavily armed people and having fun>>>>>dodging semi automatic rounds.

you know what i mean.

DOB is 1964 am i not right?

the part of training is questionable. since you people like to get all "realistic" let me tell you one thing:
real fighting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dojo training

dude Jacks way about a Ton at any rate, IMO. look at the size of those things...and you ahve that with weaponry, bullet proof armor and the bulky frame. and tossing something like that effortlessly (or without breaking a sweat at any rate) in a giant statue around 30 feet away does somewhat go up there with picking up boulders. those boulder weighed a ton or something IMO. they were big...not THAT big.
okay i'm exaggerating....29 feetwink

wait a sec.
what part of me telling you that Mature considered Iori stronger than Geonitz didn't you get? also the tide did turn HEAVILY the moment Iori stepped in the picture. but fine not proof enough. how about the fact that Iori is considered a boss character too and is almost always shown with them in the official arts etc.
him literally calling rugal weak in KoF95 (the guy who was pwning the whole cast) shows his strength.
as for losing to ash:
-he was in a weakened stae
-orochi iori is weaker and less focused than Iori
-Ash is storyline VERY VERY powerful. in the KoFAD anime he literally burned the whole city of Southtown without breaking a sweat.

dude, Iori considered rugal weak. period.
as of now the only people who have pwned the KoF cast have been:
rugal, Ignitz and Orochi....all godtiers.

i was just playing it! mad

...sounds contradictory. how do you anyway?

the what?

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
dude..get a grip. I never seen a post of yours with this many typos.

You'll have to excuse that, I need to get a new keyboard, as the Spacebar isn't working properly on this one.

well at least i DID proove it to an extent. when was the last time you proved your "DOB" around here any way?
Ryu is born 1964.

No you didn't. All you did was toss in Tiamat's FAQ in and say "Look at this". Where does it say that Ryu was born in 64?

i said "COMPARABLE". Iori is practically a boss character.
and for the record, Mature literally considered Iori to be stronger than Geonitz.

And that means what? it took both yo and Iori to down Goenitz... Thats a literral, Matures quote = an oppinion, I will take the literral over the oppinion any day.

show me proof. really. where the hell does it say that all Kyo and Iori have to do is touch Orochi with the flames for him to be sealed. you all are making it look like once Iori or Kyo bring on the flames, Orochi becomes an "UMANGA": a shrivelled up monkey penis!
*if you smelllllllllllllllll...what sado is cooking*

Now your putting words in my mouth, I didn't say the flames SEAL the Orochi, but they weaken him enough for Chizuru to seal him, and no, it's not with a touch, it takes a susstained assault to do any damage. Oh and FYI, Only the flames where proven to even damage him, thats why Goro and Benimaru where out of the fight so easily.

spare me the geography lessons. the point is its not a metropolitan city at any rate.
as for the kongou kokuretsuzan, Akuma used and mastered that technique by SF3. i don't know about you but "ultimate technique" kinda puts me on the side of "strongest technique". especially since it took him all that training and years to finally master it. i doubt someone wastes all those years trying to learn things that aren't superior to those he already knows.
also we aren't SHOWN the island beind destroyed. IMO its fan folklore. when gouki did the attack, the island was in place with the place that he smacked burning ONLY.
of course i'll be honest enough to admit that i did play SFA2 a long time ago. but from what i remember, the island itself was in place and i have the pic from the game itself to prove it.

"As Akuma's island dissapears, so does Akuma leaving behind the feeling of his fearome presense" that comes directlyu from Ryu's Alpha 2 ending. Care to try again? Only this time, bring more than some vague quote, because I just trumped your argument for the 2nd time.

Sado22
remulus here's the part of Terry and the soldiers:

~Sado

Sado22
ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................maybe ryu's eyes got blurry
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
fine you win on this one.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................maybe ryu's eyes got blurry
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
fine you win on this one.

~Sado

YAHOOOO

"Hey, I'm one badass Motherf*^ker, You are honored"

Sado22
don't get too full of yourself mad
remember that after this quote we didn't see DJ again in the anime......ever! wink

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, I know I know... But that line wasso great, I had to use it! laughing

Sado22
man that anime had some horrible script! you remember the last scene of the movie....you have Ken and Ryu have been fantacizing about each other throughout the entire anime and what do they say:

*stand in silence till Eliza comes up to pick up Ken*

Ken: you need a ride?
Ryu: nah, i'm fine.
Ken: *getting in the car* you've gotten stronger you know that?
Ryu: you too
Ken: see ya *drives off*
Ryu: *walks away fantasizing about Ken*
mad
~Sado

brainchild81
SF2 is the best fighting game anime movie to date.

shin_remy
1964 is the date that ryu was born according the sf 2 instruction booklet

sf is up to date ya know. ryu isn't that old

he is end 20 or beginning 30

he punshed the island with just one punch and he didn't used much strenght, like it was nothing. akuma was powerfull enough in sf alpha to destroy big things

his new move that he learned in sf 3 , he tested it on ayers rock.

The strongest move of Akuma is Misogi, but he only does it when he is Shin Akuma

Shun Goku Satsu kills you according storyline

Misogi splits mountains

And Kongou Konkouratsuzan or something :P is powerfull too

DON'T FORGET that we have never seen Akuma using all his strenght and power against somebody!!! Even NON Canon endings like Capcom Fighting Jam when he punshed a comet into little pieces with again just a punch. I Think Shin Akuma can do such things like that!!!!

Emperor Ashtar
1964 July 21 is Ryu's D.O.B.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
He didn't wipe out Uluru completely, just slashed it in two.

Cracking the bedrock below and casuing a small earthquake in the prcoess. Not to mention that I doubt Goukentou is comparable in size to Uluru.

The island he demolished actually sunk beneath the oceans surface, which means one of two things, he's either pulverised the entire island into rubble which then flattened itself against the ocean floor. Or he's moved the tectonic platesaround the island and actually pushed that plate deeper into the Earth. Either eventuality is a whuge feat, monsterous compared to simply slashing a gigantic solid rock in half

Most likely the former since the island was on fire due to molten rock spewing from the ground.

olympian
Who is then? It's when you blatantly have way too much in common w/another that you become a ripoff
Ya dont say...

I have to see these name & games then. More importantly, do they say what I asked for?
Then go see it. You know where the links are.

Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Why is this still continuing? Ryo doesn't stand a chance against Kazuya.
Wich SNK hero you think it would stand a chance or definatly win?

Darkstorm Zero
Cracking the bedrock below and casuing a small earthquake in the prcoess. Not to mention that I doubt Goukentou is comparable in size to Uluru.

Why do you doubt it?Most islands of any decent size (Large enough to support underground caverns like the Alpha 2 Akuma stage) are all larger than Uluru...

Most likely the former since the island was on fire due to molten rock spewing from the ground.

Then, wouldn't that be the latter? Shifting a tectonic plate would cause huge quakes and large amounts of volcanic activity.

brainchild81
Then go see it. You know where the links are.
Not really. I went to both wikies Ryu & Ripoff Suckazaki & didn't see them. You still didn't answer, did a person or group claim both characters?

olympian
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Continue to play the fool, Brain. Im not wasting my time with that after i showed it FOUR times already.

Emperor Ashtar
Why do you doubt it?Most islands of any decent size (Large enough to support underground caverns like the Alpha 2 Akuma stage) are all larger than Uluru... Goukntou was never shown to support underground caverns and is fairly small.

Then, wouldn't that be the latter? Shifting a tectonic plate would cause huge quakes and large amounts of volcanic activity.

Problem with that is most small islands were previously underwater volcano's or Created by them. Also, when I said earthquakes I was taking about Uluru being split in half.

King Nothing
Not really. I went to both wikies Ryu & Ripoff Suckazaki & didn't see them. You still didn't answer, did a person or group claim both characters? So...you seem to be having trouble finding the proof of Ryu and Ryo being created by the same person/people as well. So am I, I think it's a rumor started by Ryo fans.

Emperor Ashtar
So...you seem to be having trouble finding the proof of Ryu and Ryo being created by the same person/people as well. So am I, I think it's a rumor started by Ryo fans.

Doesn't matter if it is the same person, that just makes him a spoof at best.

King Nothing
Doesn't matter if it is the same person, that just makes him a spoof at best. Yeah, I just wanted to know though. If he's a spoof I may give him more of my respect.

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah, I just wanted to know though. If he's a spoof I may give him more of my respect.

Respect to a spoof, your very kind person I assume?

brainchild81
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Continue to play the fool, Brain. Im not wasting my time with that after i showed it FOUR times already. no expression No need to be an @sshole about it. Just answer the question & be done w/it. Were Ryu & the spoof/ripoff claimed by the same person or group? No need for hostility. Seems like you're avoiding it for a reason.Originally posted by King Nothing
So...you seem to be having trouble finding the proof of Ryu and Ryo being created by the same person/people as well. So am I, I think it's a rumor started by Ryo fans. Hmmmmm. Maybe THAT'S the reason. It might just be a rumor started by Ryo fans. All six of 'emlaughing

shin_remy
what his this all to do with this topic

we are going offtopic since PAGE 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk only about sf and kof bla bla bla

brainchild81
You're right. It's bound to happen when a topic involves a cool character versus a ripoff/joke that a small number of people here like. PG was right in a way about threads involving Ryo Suckazaki. It's too hard for people to respect the character because he's a ripoff @ worst & a joke @best.

olympian
no expression No need to be an @sshole about it. Just answer the question & be done w/it. Were Ryu & the spoof/ripoff claimed by the same person or group? No need for hostility. Seems like you're avoiding it for a reason. Hmmmmm
lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_Fighting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28video_game%29

If you consider any character that shares similarities a rip off, its your perrogative. I dont. A rip off is stealing *someone* elses work intirely. This situation is in no way different than Kirby or Dikto using the concepts they helped created at Marvel in other companies, by the simple fact they share royalties in theyr creations.

If Ryo is such a steal as you claim, then why has Capcom never sued SNK?

Save this reply and read it the next time you have an urge to ask the same question, again. It seems it shows up once a month.

Emperor Ashtar
Where does it mention ryu being created by some dude who left capcom for snk?

brainchild81
Ditto. Originally posted by olympian
lol
If you consider any character that shares similarities a rip off, its your perrogative. I dont. A rip off is stealing *someone* elses work intirely. This situation is in no way different than Kirby or Dikto using the concepts they helped created at Marvel in other companies, by the simple fact they share royalties in theyr creations.

If Ryo is such a steal as you claim, then why has Capcom never sued SNK?

Save this reply and read it the next time you have an urge to ask the same question, again. It seems it shows up once a month. That may have something to do w/the fact that this question(highlighted for your benefit)Originally posted by brainchild81
Were Ryu & the spoof/ripoff claimed by the same person or group? never seems to get answered. It's a simple "Yes or No" answer but I never seem to get it. Why? When a question is answered properly I don't need to ask it again. W/Kirby & Ditko we see their names associated w/these characters. We so far haven't been shown the same w/ripoff........er Ryo. Ryo simply shares too many similarities w/Ryu & Ken. That's why he's a ripoff @ worst & a spoof @ best. You've been told this countless times. It's not rocket science mane. Ask Capcom why they didn't sue. Want me top speculate? Ok. I guess they figured "If these guys are busy trying to be us inorder to make a profit, they'll be outta business soon enough" or "Let's just focus on making good games so we don't go out of business like these guys probably will in the near future" or "Let's just make a spoof of these guys that will eventually be more popular than they are" Take that red part and post it on your wall. Then focus on it. If we all focus on it hard we might one day finally get the question answered. Otherwise it WILL come up again. We can do this mane. I got faith in yousmile

olympian
lol @t Brain.

You remind me of Jelly regarding Superman. No matter the research one brings to show one argument fallacies, he just will pretend it doesnt stand in front of him. Then he will show up and ask "again".

Save the reply, Brain.

Where does it mention ryu being created by some dude who left capcom for snk?

It "only" mentions that the creators of one game left to SNK and create other games. Namely AOF.

Its easy to see where one concept was brought, no?

Cloud_VII
This thread was supposed to die a long time ago.

olympian
Im a gold digger.

Cloud_VII
http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/dms/fapm/personnel/tom_b/2005-geese.jpg

olympian
haha.

olympian
For those who got cluless at Cloud`s reply, i first made a mention of Geese keep getting up the grave.

Oh dumps. Kill the duck.

Emperor Ashtar

It "only" mentions that the creators of one game left to SNK and create other games. Namely AOF.

Its easy to see where one concept was brought, no?

It says co-creator of street fighter 1 and the director left capcom for snk. Where does it state that they specifically created ryu?

Cloud_VII
This topic better be on the second page tomorow.

brainchild81
lol @t Brain.

You remind me of Jelly regarding Superman. No matter the research one brings to show one argument fallacies, he just will pretend it doesnt stand in front of him. Then he will show up and ask "again".Seriously man. Ask yourself: What have you shown that answers the question? If the answer is "Absolutely nothing of value"(As it should be unless you really are crazy), then get over yourself and go find some real proof. I'm not saying you're wrong, you're just not doing an adequate job of proving you're right. This really isn't something to be getting all snippy over mane. You bring some actual proof & I'll be the 1st to accept it. You've already shown an eagerness to accept anything as "proof" when it comes to Ryo w/the "same tier" incident. After all the assholery you've done, I've still got nothing against you. Don't get mad @me because your "proof" isn't proof. All I want is proof. If you don't have it. Stop wasting our time. We could be talking about something else. Who's Jelly?

Its easy to see where one concept was brought, no? So you basically got nothing again.smile What a surprise. You can dance around it all you want but @ the end of the day you gotta come back to the sad truth. You could have just said that a long time ago instead of avoiding giving me a straight answer & wasting all that time. You haven't shown any fallacies. Same old Olympian. I reply whenever I see fit. Until you prove that they were created by the same person, Ryo is nothing but a lame ass ripoff mane. Deal w/it.

shin_remy
close this topic or stay ONTOPIC!!!

cause here we go again

olympian

cause here we go again

We are all a bunch of Gold Diggers.

brainchild81

cause here we go again Sorry about that, but when a topic involves a ripoff or a lame@ss, you gotta expect someone to mention it. Unfortunately, then you gotta deal w/people who like to try to prove that wrong w/"proof" that isn't proof. Those people often resort to insults when people don't blindly assume things based on part of the story the way they themselves like to. When someone actually expects proof to you know........PROVE SOMETHING, somehow they're the badguysad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.