The Ebony Blade vs. Captain America's shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Both items are stronger than primary Adamantium, if they were forced against each other with infinite power, which would would break first?

capt it up
capt shield is not stronger then primary adamtium

TricksterPriest
Yes it is. The shield is the hardest manmade material in existence. Wiki and a few others places say it can't primary adamantium, so I doubt it can hurt the shield. I'd doubt it anyway. That shield takes hell like nothing else.

Alfheim
Originally posted by capt it up

roll eyes (sarcastic)

starlock
Ebony blade
hmmmm i will go with magic over man made,but i dont know if the blade has been given a title as unbreakable as the shield is mentioned hmmm tough call

but comic wise THEY would break the sword before the shield,because it can be repaired with magic(AND ITS THE THING TO DO IN SWORD & SORCERY(,i dont see them making another shield or repairing it but thats my opinon

TricksterPriest
according to a few sources, the ebony blade can't cut regular adamantium. So I don't think it can hurt the shield.

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up

Yeah. It is.

seaapple
They are both very tough artifacts. But the fact is, shields are made to block things like swords. Very few swords are made that should be able to slice through shields. If they are of anything like equal power then the shield should win out. If the shield is stronger well then...

A sword must be on a different order of effectiveness in order to slice through a shield!

starlock
Originally posted by seaapple
They are both very tough artifacts. But the fact is, shields are made to block things like swords. Very few swords are made that should be able to slice through shields. If they are of anything like equal power then the shield should win out. If the shield is stronger well then...

A sword must be on a different order of effectiveness in order to slice through a shield!

good point,the sword would have to have the vorpal or shapness(cuts thru anything label) quality i can see that

grey fox
Originally posted by starlock
good point,the sword would have to have the vorpal or shapness(cuts thru anything label) quality i can see that

Meh , a Vorpal blade is literal razor sharpness , magically able to slice ANYTHING in two. In marvel earth that would take some HEAVY enchanting skills. I'm thinking higher then Odin maybe. Even Mjolnir has limits.

Anyway ; the best I can see the Ebony Blade doing is peeling the paint on the shield.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.