Hal Jordan v.s Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
what would you people say in this battle

celestialdemon
Tough fight. I could see this going either way (if this is w/o the Soul Gem). Hal is more versatility but no one in the universe is craftier than Warlock. I'll say Warlock 6/10.

bigbran
I say the Warlock and Quaser fights could be a good comparison for this fight...

Good fight though.

I'll give you one... no wait... TWO thumbs up...
thumb up thumb up

jasonk3
Warlock with a slight majority

LORDSIDIOUS01
I serisouly doubt even if Hal had the Parallax powers he wopuld win. Warlock takes this.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I serisouly doubt even if Hal had the Parallax powers he wopuld win.

confused

LordFear
Warlock wins this. Not easily but still victorious

DigiMark007
Warlock is at least 2-0 vs. Quasar...just putting that out there.

wink

Nah, this puts it pretty well:
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Tough fight. I could see this going either way (if this is w/o the Soul Gem). Hal is more versatility but no one in the universe is craftier than Warlock. I'll say Warlock 6/10.
...Hal has more overall power and versatility, but Warlock is close in terms of power, and more skilled.

But here's the kicker (and what got Quasar once). Warlock's "karmic blast" messes with your concentration and focus by attacking the "anema center" (not sure what that means...but meh). Hal's concentration would be broken long enough for Warlock to take him out most times. It's almost like a telepathic spike, but even people with tp resistance hav been shown to be vulnerable to it.

Great fight though. But it's a bad matchup for Hal.

Redatom65
i actually thought of this cause of your old warlock sig digi. I was looking for a match againt Hal. Figured it'd be good.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Redatom65
i actually thought of this cause of your old warlock sig digi. I was looking for a match againt Hal. Figured it'd be good.

Thanks. And it is a good fight. And sans karmic blasts I might give Hal the majority, because he definitely has more raw power. But the karmic blast just makes it a bad matchup for him, because without his concentration/focus, he's just a human in a green suit.

Redatom65
Well he lost all focus in the recent "Brave and The Bold" if you recall, so just pulling a recent issue out. I agree with you 100% here that based of Warlock's abilities he should beat Hal.

guy222
Originally posted by Redatom65
what would you people say in this battle

AW

Bouboumaster
AW.

Great fight.

OneDumbG0
I was not aware of any Adam Warlock vs. Quasar fights. Anybody have any links to scans?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
"anema center" (not sure what that means...but meh).

Its a clever use of words actually. Anemia means lack of power or vigor.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I was not aware of any Adam Warlock vs. Quasar fights. Anybody have any links to scans?

At least 1 battle is in the respect thread. Two are posted, but the links for one of the fights are not working.

I've also read one encounter...can't remember the arc (it might've been Thor's WM stint) where Warlock used the karmic attack I described to punk Quasar after they traded a few blows.

King Kandy
Soul Suck ftw.

DigiMark007
Soul suck on a guy with more willpower than nearly anyone I can think of?

Nah, it's not an unblockable attack. And he doesn't even need it really.

King Kandy
Soul suck on a guy with more willpower than nearly anyone I can think of?

Nah, it's not an unblockable attack. And he doesn't even need it really.
It is unblockable. Only Magus (Who also had the soul gem, which enabled him to just block it) was ever able to avoid it.

DigiMark007
Meh, possibly. But it's still "AW vs. HJ". I don't really consider the gem part of "AW" unless it's specififed in the thread title, even though I realize he has it enough that we could justify calling it standard equipment. I just rather debate the people instead of determining whether or not someone could resist the soul suck.

King Kandy
Meh, possibly. But it's still "AW vs. HJ". I don't really consider the gem part of "AW" unless it's specififed in the thread title, even though I realize he has it enough that we could justify calling it standard equipment. I just rather debate the people instead of determining whether or not someone could resist the soul suck.
At this point I consider it necesary to specify that he DOESN'T have the soul gem.

It wasn't even an issue until you used him in the tourney.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by King Kandy
At this point I consider it necesary to specify that he DOESN'T have the soul gem.

It wasn't even an issue until you used him in the tourney.

Adam ftw

batdude123
Hal.

rougeredmage
Adam Warlock is going to win this one,.... he is a perfect man.. while Hal is a failure of a man and a murderer. perfection allways wins over inperfection after all this is comic books we are talking about. warlock doesnt need his soul gem in this fight he has his natural powers and most importantlly his cunning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.