Sagat vs Ryuji Yamazaki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Uh-oh. The Emperor of Muay Thai takes on KOF's resident psychopath (well, one of them anyway. SNK's got quite a few).

All this began when Sagat was participating at a kickboxing tournament in Japan. The Yakuza had their cash set on their champion, and had asked Sagat to throw the match.

Instead, Sagat beat the Yakuza's man within an inch of his life. Sagat doesn't throw matches.

Furious for this insult, the Yakuza chieftains demand vengeance. This is where Mr. Yamazaki comes in. Ryuji is to head for Thailand and confront Sagat, take the prize money back, and kick Sagat's ass...not in that order, anyway.

Not one to kneel to empty threats, Sagat rises to the challenge (after using Dan Hibiki as a human punching bag).

Emperor Ashtar
Regualrly sagat wins, but with blood riot the outcome could change.

TricksterPriest
Dude, Zaki's ALWAYS in blood riot.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dude, Zaki's ALWAYS in blood riot.
I thought zaki never uses blood riot?

Superboy Prime
He sure has lots of self control for being under the influence of the blood.

TricksterPriest
Not counting the heavenly kings, he's the only Orochi blood member who can control the riot. Cause of sheer insanity and bloodlust. Which helps explain why Zaki is......Zaki. stick out tongue

Sado22
Actually....he is just a loonie with Orochi power who was too stubborn and full of himself to let himself in the riot and be a controlled flunkie like Iori and leona.

~Sado

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Sado22
Actually....he is just a loonie with Orochi power who was too stubborn and full of himself to let himself in the riot and be a controlled flunkie like Iori and leona.

~Sado

Umm.....yeah. That about sums it up. nosweat But he's still badass. stick out tongue

King Nothing
Sagat. If Terry could defeat Yamazaki, there is no reason why Sagat can't, Orochi or not. Sagat earned Emperor/God of Muay Thai in his teenage years. Sagat is also the one who lost to Adon, yet Adon was in the hospital for several months, not to mention Sagat was still injured when he fought Adon, who is by the way, no push over at all. Also Sagat is the 2nd strongest of the Four Heavenly Kings of Shadoloo, only under Bison. He fought Evil/Psycho Ryu and didn't die or lose, in fact, he wasn't even serious against him. Sagat may very well be the worlds strongest fighter under Oro Gill and Gouki.

Sado22
actually terry never beat Zaki. Terry along with the whole cast of FF3 was getting pwned. Also Sagat was obviously beaten by whoever reached bison.....so he probably lost to Ken, Chunli or Guile which really doesn't make him the beast since...well...terry, Kyo, Iori>>>Ken, Chunli and Guile. Truth be told, i don't see Sagat pwning the whole cast of FF3. i just don't.
also Sagat beat Psycho Ryu, though Psycho ryu is NOT EQUAL to Evil ryu. Still quite a feet though and Sagat may very well win this fight due to his more focused nature. however, i'm putting my money on an equally big mafia don, with a long range slashing attack, enough willpower to stand up to his bloodline, a large hidden knife....all that with a psychotic nature and extreme blood lust.
Zaki wins, IMO.'

~Sado
P.S. sorry about the n00b comment yesterday. peace.

Remulous
actually terry never beat Zaki. Terry along with the whole cast of FF3 was getting pwned. Also Sagat was obviously beaten by whoever reached bison.....so he probably lost to Ken, Chunli or Guile which really doesn't make him the beast since...well...terry, Kyo, Iori>>>Ken, Chunli and Guile. Truth be told, i don't see Sagat pwning the whole cast of FF3. i just don't.
also Sagat beat Psycho Ryu, though Psycho ryu is NOT EQUAL to Evil ryu. Still quite a feet though and Sagat may very well win this fight due to his more focused nature. however, i'm putting my money on an equally big mafia don, with a long range slashing attack, enough willpower to stand up to his bloodline, a large hidden knife....all that with a psychotic nature and extreme blood lust.
Zaki wins, IMO.'

~Sado
P.S. sorry about the n00b comment yesterday. peace. Actually, Sagat never entered the SF2 tourney, he was too busy training. I honestly don't see Zaki surviving a Metsu Shoryuken. Psycho Ryu not equaling SNH.Ryu is pure speculation, Bison did say that the Hadou of Murderous Intent was kindred to Psycho power. Sagat has far better range then Zaki, with nearly every move, even the normal ones. You'll need more then psychotic tendencies to beat Sagat. I think he proved that along time ago. This King Nothing cat brings a good point. Zaki is still bad ass and I wish SNK would give him more show time.

Sado22
then how come he was there? i'm confused. didn't he enter the tourny to get his mits on Ryu to begin with?

arguable since Zaki did last against the whole FF3 cast and was still winning.

i know, but *cough* even Tiamat *cough* said that it doesn't necessarily mean they are equal in strength.
*sorry for mentioning Tiamat, don't beat me up!*sad

dude, snake arm goes across the screen. even otherwise, i'm giving them similar arm reach. also Zaki can just stand there and abuse the snake arm. not to mention he can use his "masochism sadism" counter cuz, you know, he likes pain and Sagat's got a lot to give him. he even has projectile counters. at close range its also on Zaki ground since he has his special that tosses you in the air, etc etc.

agreed about the psychoness though.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Sagat entered the second tourney and dropped out after he saw that ryu lost to ken.

shin_remy
smile yeah Ken is not weak!! hahaha

Remulous
Originally posted by shin_remy
smile yeah Ken is not weak!! hahaha I know, people around here doesn't give Ken the respect he deserves.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Remulous
I know, people around here doesn't give Ken the respect he deserves.

Blame Sado for that. He's the one claiming everything Ken has done is spar with Karim.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Blame Sado for that. He's the one claiming everything Ken has done is spar with Karim.

LOL, but seriously, he's the only one to believe that claim.Kens reputation hasn't changed.

Sado22
when did i that?
i said Ken has fought Ryu, Bison and then all he's done as far as fighting "recognized" opponents is facing Sakura, Sean and Karin.
am i wrong?

also i didn't even say Ken is weak. need i remind you geniuses that i am practically one of the very few people on this board who think that Ken beat Ryu fair and square in SF2....................and not "ryu wanted Ken to have pussy so he took a dive" as many of you suggest.

show me some love! smokin'

*chops all his limbs down with a chainsaw and mutilates his body*
resurrect from that Gill wannabe! mad

~The Misunderstood Sado-sama

King Nothing
"ryu wanted Ken to have pussy so he took a dive" as many of you suggest.

~The Misunderstood Sado-sama Well...who in the world said that?

Although there is no sure proof that Ken even met Ryu in the tournament. I think it's safe to say that if they had fought, Ken won fairly. Actually, there is really no proof that Ryu is stronger then Ken until SF3.

Sado22
emperor suggested this in our "not so civil days". I think it was Major Snafu who suggested that as well in the "fighting game awards thread"....and i think it was remulus who said that as well though I'm not about Rem (remulus, have you see trigun?).

agreed. even then, the record is still even for them both. Ken is 1 and ryu is 1 (i'm barring ken beating him in SFA2 since ryu had his head in the wrong place).

~The Invincible Sado-sama

brainchild81
I've heard something about Ryu saying he's still got the better record

This is a tough one. Zaki @ his best is a badass(Why they didn't let him FUBAR Terry is beyond me). Beating up a gang of people is cool but it'd be more impressive if they weren't jobbers & nobodies just there to make Terry look good. Him having full control of his blood is pretty impressive. Sagat is certified badass though & I'm leaning slightly toward him taking this. Whoever wins this will have earned it thoughOriginally posted by Sado22
also i didn't even say Ken is weak.You did call him good for nothing.

I've heard Terry beat Zaki & I've heard they were interupted, which is the truth?

Sado22
if anything, terry probably beat him in FFRB since it is in FFRB that Zaki was in the tournament and so was Terry....and terry reached the final where he charblasted "Plural of Goose" out of the building.
Zaki and Terry do have a heated rivalry though.

I said Ken is "good for nothing" in the same light as i said Ryu is a wimp. i don't mean it at all....its just a jab at his fans. pressing nerves, knw what i mean? big grin

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.