Ryu Hayabusa runs the Soul Calibur gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
After the fall of the Vigoorian Empire and the destruction of DOATEC corporation the modern Super Ninja found himself enjoying a time of peace. Evil was vanished, and all loose ends had been tied. Ryu would often find himself mountain climbing and fishing...

Until a sudden outburst of chronological energies without control overwhelmed him and transported him back to a time long past. A world where evil knew only one name...Soul Calibur.

Time matters not for the Hayabusa warrior. Evil was out of control and it is his duty, as descendant of the Dragon lineage, to cleanse the corruption brought to this war-torn world by the evil blade.

***Hayabusa will get full rest & heal after each matchup. For some matches Ryu will use different weapons depending on the style and weapon each specific enemy uses.***

Here are Ryu's adversaries:

1. Astaroth - War Hammer for this match up.
2. Yoshimitsu - Ryu will wield the standard Dragon Sword.
3. Mitsurugi - Same as above.
4. Maxi - Vigoorian Flails: Nunchakus with bladed tips.
5. Ivy - Plasma Saber: Lightsaber of sorts.
6. Kilik - Maxxed out Lunar: Bo with bladed tips.
7. Raphael Sorel - Kitetsu: soul stealing Katana.
8. Cervantes de Leon - same as above.
9. Siegfreid - Dabilahro: Greatsword.
10. Nightmare - Dark Dragon Blade/True Dragon Sword.

Bonus: If Ryu manages to clear the gauntlet he will fight either:

Night Terror, or Abyss.

He can use any/all weapons at his disposal if he has to.

Discuss.

PS - Please no random fanboyish statements. If you're not going to debate with proof, intelligence and education I will report you.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
After the fall of the Vigoorian Empire and the destruction of DOATEC corporation the modern Super Ninja found himself enjoying a time of peace. Evil was vanished, and all loose ends had been tied. Ryu would often find himself mountain climbing and fishing...

Until a sudden outburst of chronological energies without control overwhelmed him and transported him back to a time long past. A world where evil knew only one name...Soul Calibur.

Time matters not for the Hayabusa warrior. Evil was out of control and it is his duty, as descendant of the Dragon lineage, to cleanse the corruption brought to this war-torn world by the evil blade.

***Hayabusa will get full rest & heal after each matchup. For some matches Ryu will use different weapons depending on the style and weapon each specific enemy uses.***

Here are Ryu's adversaries:

1. Astaroth - War Hammer for this match up.
2. Yoshimitsu - Ryu will wield the standard Dragon Sword.
3. Mitsurugi - Same as above.
4. Maxi - Vigoorian Flails: Nunchakus with bladed tips.
5. Ivy - Plasma Saber: Lightsaber of sorts.
6. Kilik - Maxxed out Lunar: Bo with bladed tips.
7. Raphael Sorel - Kitetsu: soul stealing Katana.
8. Cervantes de Leon - same as above.
9. Siegfreid - Dabilahro: Greatsword.
10. Nightmare - Dark Dragon Blade/True Dragon Sword.

Bonus: If Ryu manages to clear the gauntlet he will fight either:

Night Terror, or Abyss.

He can use any/all weapons at his disposal if he has to.

1. Damn...I'm going to go with Ryu on this one for the fact that he has greater speed and evasion skills, though Astaroth's strength is greater. Plus, the War Hammer in Ninja Gaiden is tougher than Astaroth's Kulutues.

2. Ryu takes this one without too much trouble.

3. If Ryu can kill Yoshimitsu, I'm positive he would kill Mitsurugi.

4. Ryu, Maxi isn't as strong nor is he as fast as him.

5. Lol...Plasma Saber versus Ivy blade...

6. Ryu, Kilik isn't as fast or strong as him either, though up against the Kali-Yuga, Ryu would have trouble even with a maxed out Lunar.

7. Ryu, of course.

8. Uh oh...doesn't Cervantes use the Soul Edge and Nirvana? Not to mention Cervantes's physical abilities are similar to Incarnate's. I think you're going to have to give Ryu the DS or the TDS for this one...though he might win with the Kitetsu...

9. Tough...this is almost like the first one basically...

10. Could go either way, IMO.

I don't know much about Abyss to be honest, but against Night Terror...Ryu's chance isn't good. Night Terror is immensely powerful and can end all life on the planet. I think Night Terror would win this with little to no doubt.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
1. Damn...I'm going to go with Ryu on this one for the fact that he has greater speed and evasion skills, though Astaroth's strength is greater. Plus, the War Hammer in Ninja Gaiden is tougher than Astaroth's Kulutues.

2. Ryu takes this one without too much trouble.

3. If Ryu can kill Yoshimitsu, I'm positive he would kill Mitsurugi.

4. Ryu, Maxi isn't as strong nor is he as fast as him.

5. Lol...Plasma Saber versus Ivy blade...

6. Ryu, Kilik isn't as fast or strong as him either, though up against the Kali-Yuga, Ryu would have trouble even with a maxed out Lunar.

7. Ryu, of course.

8. Uh oh...doesn't Cervantes use the Soul Edge and Nirvana? Not to mention Cervantes's physical abilities are similar to Incarnate's. I think you're going to have to give Ryu the DS or the TDS for this one...though he might win with the Kitetsu...

9. Tough...this is almost like the first one basically...

10. Could go either way, IMO.

I don't know much about Abyss to be honest, but against Night Terror...Ryu's chance isn't good. Night Terror is immensely powerful and can end all life on the planet. I think Night Terror would win this with little to no doubt.

At last someone had the guts to post. I must say I agree with almost every point you have made, but differ in others.

IMO Ryu will have little to no trouble until he gets to Kilik.

While it's true that Kali-Yuga's is indeed a very powerful weapon I think Ryu's other abilities will grant him the victory over Kilik. When you think about it a character that has teleportation, Nimpo, and is able to channel his chi through his weapons with the efficiency, power & ease like Ryu; is one tough guy to bring down.

I think Ryu will start having lots of trouble once he reaches Cervantes. I gave Ryu the Kitetsu because of it's ability to split in 2 spectral swords. To be honest I think giving Ryu the TDS is overkill tough, and with the Kitetsu it makes for a much more even matchup. For Cervantes I'm split with a 5/5.

Siegfried is tough all right. He beat Cervantes all right, but Ryu's ultimate techniques with Dabilahro combined with Nimpo, teleportation, and superior speed makes Ryu the winner by default IMO. By the way this is regular Siegfried WITHOUT Soul Calibur.

And finally, honesty, I don't think Ryu will get past Nightmare. Sure he can last for quite a while because of his numerous abilities and the power of the True Dragon Sword/Dark Dragon Blade(He can use one of the swords--whichever sword gives him the most chances), but I just can't think of a way for Ryu to take the majority over Nightmare.

Since I don't think Ryu will get past Nightmare I won't elaborate on Abyss & Night Terror. I don't really have much knowledge about either of them other than they are very, very powerful.

Now if only Darkstorm Zero would post in this thread. I'm curious to see his opinion on this.

Emperor Ashtar
As much as I love Soul calibur, the only people that can slow down ryu are the bosses or anyone weilding Soul Edge or Soul Calibur.
You should make ryu run a samurai showdown or tekken gauntlet.

Superboy Prime
I think Soul Calibur is the perfect fighting ground for Ryu. Only in Soul Calibur will Ryu be forced to use all of his skills & power.

If I make a Tekken gauntlet then he will just pretty much rape anyone from Panda to Jinpachi unless I handicap him and make him fight barehanded.

Samurai showdown might be a nice setting for Ryu, but unfotunately I do not have enough knowledge to formulate an effective gauntlet.

Emperor Ashtar
I think Soul Calibur is the perfect fighting ground for Ryu. Only in Soul Calibur will Ryu be forced to use all of his skills & power.

If I make a Tekken gauntlet then he will just pretty much rape anyone from Panda to Jinpachi unless I handicap him and make him fight barehanded.

Samurai showdown might be a nice setting for Ryu, but unfotunately I do not have enough knowledge to formulate an effective gauntlet.
I feel your underestimating the tekken cast, they are far stronger than the Soul Calibur cast.

Superboy Prime
It's not really underestimating, but I think Ryu using his weapons against a cast of fighters that mainly uses their body is a bit unfair for the Tekken cast. Hence why I would have to strip Ryu of his weapons and have him fight hand to hand--which is essentially a handicap.

Emperor Ashtar
It's not really underestimating, but I think Ryu using his weapons against a cast of fighters that mainly uses their body is a bit unfair for the Tekken cast. Hence why I would have to strip Ryu of his weapons and have him fight hand to hand--which is essentially a handicap.
But, that isn't my point. weapons or not, the Soul Calibur cast is very weak. Even if hayabusa was unarmed he can own them.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
But, that isn't my point. weapons or not, the Soul Calibur cast is very weak. Even if hayabusa was unarmed he can own them.

I agree 3/4 of the cast is cannon fodder to Ryu, but Cervantes & Nightmare are not to be underestimated by any means necessary.

lightness
ryu clears it

StyleTime
SuperboyPrime, I'm curious as to why you don't see Hayabusa getting past Nightmare at all. It doesn't seem too farfetched to me. Granted it's been a while since I've touched Soul Caliber.

Also, Emperor Ashtar has a point.

King Nothing
Ryu can win it. I really don't want him to kill Seigfred but he will. It would be a good fight though.

Darkstorm Zero
My oppinion? I have to agree with you, if we are using default weapons for the SC cast, then Ryu can make it all the way to Nightmare, IF he gets past Cervantes (Depending on how much power his Soul Edge has recovered).If he makes it to Nightmare though, then again it depends on just how much power the Soul Edge has recovered.

If he manages to defeat Nightmare though, I don't see him getting past Abyss or Night Terror... Those two are world devastators, and are extremely focused and powerful warriors, One has all of Zasalamel's power mixed in with the power of the Completed Soul Edge. The other is a superpowerful demon of destruction with is the direct manifestation of the Completed Soul Edge... And has the ability to draw Ryu into it's Chaos Realm, Once there, I doubt Ryu can even hurt it.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
SuperboyPrime, I'm curious as to why you don't see Hayabusa getting past Nightmare at all. It doesn't seem too farfetched to me. Granted it's been a while since I've touched Soul Caliber.

Also, Emperor Ashtar has a point.

I don't remember where I got this from, but for some reason I have this belief in my mind that Soul Edge has countless fighting styles within it. I also remember something about Nightmare destroying entire armies with the power of Soul Edge. Inferno is the physical manifestation of Soul Edge and here's what Inferno can do:

Although no one knows when or where it first appeared exactly, "it" definitely exists...Through many years of bloodshed and absorbing souls, Soul Edge eventually gained its own immortal soul, Inferno. It is the physical embodiment of Soul Edge, and memories of the warriors it has defeated have been permanently crystallized in it. Those who hold it are unable to escape from the curse of its evil powers.

With its ability to access more souls returned, Inferno was strong enough to recreate its own world: the Chaos. A place beyond time and space where Inferno sets its own rules to ensure its victory, and which seems to be created at the awakening of Soul Edge's true power.

With all of that said I must admit that the wielders of Soul Edge are mostly jobbers, and that Soul Edge is, for the most part, weakened...I change my point of view and now think Ryu can and most definitely win against Nightmare.

I keep searching the net for Nightmare/Soul Edge feats but I can't find anything Ryu Hayabusa can't overcome.

Now if Nightmare, Cervantes or Soul Edge itself didn't job as much I'd give them the majority over Ryu. I mean it's like they have all of these amazing abilities & powers, but they are not able to put them to use when fighting. Cervantes losing to Sophitia; Nightmare losing to Kilik & Xianghua, etc.

StyleTime
Sounds about right. A lot a Soul Caliber characters get overhyped.

As for Inferno, and I know someone is going to misinterpret this, I don't really recall him doing anything Tengu couldn't do apart from its fighting style emulation ability and the Chaos creation(which was done with the power of extra souls anyway).

I'll go out on a limb and say Hayabusa could even beat Inferno.

Cloud_VII
Doesn't Inferno have the Soul Calibur lodged in him?

Darkstorm Zero
That was a little different, Soul Calibur was, and Inferno absorbed it to sort of render it inactive (Don't askmeto extrapolate on specifics please... itmakesno actual sensetome why Night Terror wasn't formed that time....)

Judge 64
I hate Sado and want him away from KMC.
WHO IS WITH ME!?
we dont want that little fanboyish bastard here!!

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

WHO IS WITH ME!?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Judge 64
WHO IS WITH ME!?
we dont want that little fanboyish bastard here!!Stop spamming n00b.

StyleTime
What the hell was that?

Cloud_VII
Some idiot spamming the boards.

Mr Dude
He couldn't take down Bison without Ken's help, so i don't see him getting past Nightmare, even if he gets that far.

Superboy Prime
uh..dude this isn't Ryu from Street Fighter, but Ryu Hayabusa from Dead or Alive & Ninja Gaiden.

Mr Dude
Oh right. I saw the movie. You mean the guy who couldn't defeat Will Butler? Even taking into account the magic sunglasses, i don't see him defeating Nightmare.

Superboy Prime
LoL...this isn't Hayabusa's movie version, but his video game counterparts which are more than capable of beating Nightmare.

Mr Dude
A character from a videogame in which the hardest character is a small child with pink hair?

Superboy Prime
Check this link out:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/440762_1-respect-ryu-hayabusa

Might come in handy.

Mr Dude
That's quite a lot of information. I don't even know what my own blood type is.
He's got a pretty mental haircut. Looks pretty badass with the ninja hat on though. Like he might be able to have Talim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.