John 9:35-41

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Interesting. To me, it seems as though this is an answer to all those cries of "zomg unfair" about God's purposely keeping some people from knowing Him and thus their apparent lack of salvation.

However, I could be absolutely wrong, so I'm wondering what some other people think about this.

Thundar
Originally posted by FeceMan
Interesting. To me, it seems as though this is an answer to all those cries of "zomg unfair" about God's purposely keeping some people from knowing Him and thus their apparent lack of salvation.

However, I could be absolutely wrong, so I'm wondering what some other people think about this.

I don't really think that's the implication though. I think its more or less that God(or Jesus) is attempting to convict them with presenting truth before them, so they can't really have an excuse to say they didn't know the truth later on, or claim that they were blind to what their sinful actions were.

The Pharisees were using the knowledge and status that God had given them for themselves and not to glorify him, so that's why they were spiritually blind. But when Jesus revealed this sin to them, they were no longer blind - since their sins had been presented before them.

The plight of the Pharisees is actually an extremely sad one, as we are all guilty at times of that same spiritual blindness, and that same pride that caused them not to want to repent of their sins.

I often times ask myself the question, if Jesus were to come to me today, and say - you're a sinner, and you're prideful in everything you do, would I gracefully accept his loving rebuke and repent, or would I possess the same pride as the Pharisees?

So that's why it's extremely important for Christians to recognize what sin is, and what type of sin it is they've commited before God. It's also equally important that we pray for God to soften our hearts once sin has been presented before us, so we can repent of these behaviors, ideas, or attitudes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.