The Monitor vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Monitor.png

VS.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/thanos445.png

Who takes it?

TricksterPriest
Dude, wrong section. And how powerful was the monitor?

Evil_Ash
Oh, crap you're right. erm

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And how powerful was the monitor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_%28comics%29

hunbu04
no offense to thanos but the monitor is in a totally different league

Redatom65
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/spite.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Monitor.png

VS.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/thanos445.png

Who takes it?

monitor

darthgoober
Are we talking the Pre or Post Crisis Monitor?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by darthgoober
Are we talking the Pre or Post Crisis Monitor?

What's the difference between Pre and Post Crisis?

darthgoober
Well I'm not that familiar with Post Crisis, but Pre Crisis didn't really strike me as all that impressive. I mean, he had a lot of hype behind him, but he didn't really do anything that put him heads and tails above Thanos. Especially if you take into consideration that the Anti Monitor damn near got taken out by Supergirl(and the Anti Monitor was WAY stronger than the Monitor at that point).

Galan007
Especially if you take into consideration that the Anti Monitor damn near got taken out by Supergirl. PC Supergirl did breach AM's shell, but I wouldn't say it nearly took him out.

AM was still able to exist as pure energy, and form a new shell around himself shortly after.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007
PC Supergirl did breach AM's shell, but I wouldn't say it nearly took him out.

AM was still able to exist as pure energy, and form a new shell around himself shortly after.
Wait I'm pretty sure that AM himself commented that she nearly destroyed him, but I may be mistaken about that particular detail.

Symmetric Chaos
Didn't Monitor get stabbed to death or something?

Galan007
Wait I'm pretty sure that AM himself commented that she nearly destroyed him, but I may be mistaken about that particular detail. No you're correct, AM did say that.

But that statement seems to have been contradicted, when AM not only existed as pure energy, but went on to construct a new shell around himself.... Rather easily it would seem.

And I would doubt that Thanos could duplicate the strength of PC Supergirl...... But that really has nothing to do with this debate. stick out tongue

the Darkone
Monitor would be higher on the food chain.

Board Walker
Wait I'm pretty sure that AM himself commented that she nearly destroyed him, but I may be mistaken about that particular detail.

Not true

The monitor battled the AM for one million years straight to a stand still.

Galan007
Originally posted by Board Walker
Not true

The monitor battled the AM for one million years straight to a stand still. That was Monitor at damn near his most powerful.

And AM at his weakest.

Once AM started gaining power, Monitor was nothing to him.

darthgoober
No you're correct, AM did say that.

But that statement seems to have been contradicted, when AM not only existed as pure energy, but went on to construct a new shell around himself.... Rather easily it would seem.

And I would doubt that Thanos could duplicate the strength of PC Supergirl...... But that really has nothing to do with this debate. stick out tongue

Cool.

But he said it AFTER he constructed the new body, so it seems to me he would've know if he nearly died doing it. Also, we know it wasn't easy for him because he comments that about the time it took(plus the fact that... you know, he was dying and stuff stick out tongue ).
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2489/803yy0.th.jpg

darthgoober
Originally posted by Board Walker
Not true

The monitor battled the AM for one million years straight to a stand still.
I'm not talking about AM and the Monitor fighting, I'm talking about AM and Supergirl(and he DID say she nearly destroyed him).

Galan007
Cool.

But he said it AFTER he constructed the new body, so it seems to me he would've know if he nearly died doing it. Also, we know it wasn't easy for him because he comments that about the time it took(plus the fact that... you know, he was dying and stuff stick out tongue ).
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2489/803yy0.th.jpg Well I look at it like this.

Spectre was so amped up, that he was seeing things undreamt of by even his creator, (God).

Yet even at this level, he still couldn't "kill" AM.

So Supergirl almost succeeded at what even Spectre himself couldn't do?

I dunno about that. srug

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not talking about AM and the Monitor fighting, I'm talking about AM and Supergirl(and he DID say she nearly destroyed him).
Doesn't really Matter. Thanos is out of his league when it comes to PC kryptonians. So the feat of Supergirl isn't really up for debate against Any current characters. None can replicate PC kryptonian feats.

darthgoober
Well I look at it like this.

Spectre was so amped up, that he was seeing things undreamt of by even his creator, (God).

Yet even at this level, he still couldn't "kill" AM.

So Supergirl almost succeeded at what even Spectre himself couldn't do?

I dunno about that. srug
Spectre fought him AFTER he absorbed the power of the Anti Matter Universe, Supergirl fought him before he ever did that.

Galan007
Spectre fought him AFTER he absorbed the power of the Anti Matter Universe, Supergirl fought him before he ever did that. I understand this.

I'm just saying that AM had still overtaken nearly ALL of the DCU at the point where Supergirl "nearly killed" him, not to mention that just before this, AM was slapping Superman around like a b*tch laughing out loud.

And since COIE meant the death of Supergirl, IMO DC had to make her go out with a bang, (hence the "nearly killing" AM line).

Her sacrifice couldn't be totally in vain right?

darthgoober
I understand this.

I'm just saying that AM had still overtaken nearly ALL of the DCU at the point where Supergirl "nearly killed" him.

And since COIE meant the death of Supergirl, IMO DC had to make her go out with a bang, (hence the "nearly killing" AM line).

Her sacrifice couldn't be totally in vain right?
I understand that it was a low showing for AM in all likelihood, but the thing is that it's pretty much the ONLY showing we have to go on for him, it seems unreasonable to simply assume that his power was being severely downplayed solely to make Supergirl look good. We don't know for sure how much power he gained from the destructions of those other universes, we only know that he became much more powerful after he absorbed the power of the Anti Matter Universe(which was much stronger at that point).

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to call a winner on this match just address the people talking about Monitor being on another level from Thanos. I don't think there's anywhere near enough proof about Pre Crisis Monitor's power to properly decide just how powerful he really was(Kinda like Super Man Prime, all hyperbole with almost no feats for the most part).

nvrbeenwthagirl
I understand that it was a low showing for AM in all likelihood, but the thing is that it's pretty much the ONLY showing we have to go on for him, it seems unreasonable to simply assume that his power was being severely downplayed solely to make Supergirl look good. We don't know for sure how much power he gained from the destructions of those other universes, we only know that he became much more powerful after he absorbed the power of the Anti Matter Universe(which was much stronger at that point).

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to call a winner on this match just address the people talking about Monitor being on another level from Thanos. I don't think there's anywhere near enough proof about Pre Crisis Monitor's power to properly decide just how powerful he really was(Kinda like Super Man Prime, all hyperbole with almost no feats for the most part).
The Monitor seemed as powerful as The Anti Monitor when he had the power of one or a few universes. Thanos is at best a low skyfather. He's severly Outclassed.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The Monitor seemed as powerful as The Anti Monitor when he had the power of one or a few universes. Thanos is at best a low skyfather. He's severly Outclassed.
He didn't have the POWER of a universe until he absorbed the Anti Matter Universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He didn't have the POWER of a universe until he absorbed the Anti Matter Universe.

UM No. If I remember correctly, the AM universe was the EQUAL of ALL of the Positive Universes. IF he absorbed the AM universe, it would have been equal to every Matter Universe that had been destroyed and added to the AM universes power.

darthgoober
UM No. If I remember correctly, the AM universe was the EQUAL of ALL of the Positive Universes. IF he absorbed the AM universe, it would have been equal to every Matter Universe that had been destroyed and added to the AM universes power.
All of which added up to nearly a full universe. But it doesn't matter because Monitor doesn't have that much power. He has less power than AM had when he was nearly wasted by Supergirl.

Galan007
I understand that it was a low showing for AM in all likelihood, but the thing is that it's pretty much the ONLY showing we have to go on for him, it seems unreasonable to simply assume that his power was being severely downplayed solely to make Supergirl look good. We don't know for sure how much power he gained from the destructions of those other universes, we only know that he became much more powerful after he absorbed the power of the Anti Matter Universe(which was much stronger at that point).I do think AM's power was somewhat being downplayed though, or Supergirl was greatly amped up.

Not only was AM schooling PC Superman just before Supergirl confronted him, but look at it from DC's perspective.

They were loosing Supergirl.

They weren't going to have her go down without a strong showing.

And AM's armor only able to be breached by a PC Kryptonian, can be perceived as either a good or poor showing IMO.

But we both have our opinions on the matter, neither can be called wrong. smile

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to call a winner on this match just address the people talking about Monitor being on another level from Thanos. I don't think there's anywhere near enough proof about Pre Crisis Monitor's power to properly decide just how powerful he really was(Kinda like Super Man Prime, all hyperbole with almost no feats for the most part). I agree.

Where Monitor himself is concerned, he's a lot of talk and little to no action.

He has some feats, but none of which would lead me to think he is unquestionably more powerful then Thanos at his best.

It would be a good fight IMO.

darthgoober
I do think AM's power was somewhat being downplayed though, or Supergirl was greatly amped up.

Not only was AM schooling PC Superman just before Supergirl confronted him, but look at it from DC's perspective.

They were loosing Supergirl.

They weren't going to have her go down without a strong showing.

And AM's armor only able to be breached by a PC Kryptonian, can be perceived as either a good or poor showing IMO.

But we both have our opinions on the matter, neither can be called wrong. smile

I agree.

Where Monitor himself is concerned, he's a lot of talk and little to no action.

He has some feats, but none of which would lead me to think he is unquestionably more powerful then Thanos at his best.

It would be a good fight IMO.
Sounds good to me. Like I said I was just addressing the fact that people where giving Monitor a lot of undue credit by saying that he was out of Thanos's league. Especially if you take into consideration that Thanos took down an evolved cosmic cube 1 on 1 before he died.

Galan007
Especially if you take into consideration that Thanos took down an evolved cosmic cube 1 on 1 before he died. sick

Evil_Ash
Especially if you take into consideration that Thanos took down an evolved cosmic cube 1 on 1 before he died.

W00t!

darthgoober
sick
Hey it and his owning of the Fallen One are all we have to go by in regards to his upgrade before he died. He was only able to beat the Maker because she'd taken mortal form, so even though there was some CIS on her part, I don't think we should rob Thanos of his win. The guy was able to stand up to Odin before that upgrade, so I don't see it as all that big of a stretch for him to be able to take down Maker after it(when again, it's just about all there is to go by).

Galan007
Hey it and his owning of the Fallen One are all we have to go by in regards to his upgrade before he died. He was only able to beat the Maker because she'd taken mortal form, so even though there was some CIS on her part, I don't think we should rob Thanos of his win. The guy was able to stand up to Odin before that upgrade, so I don't see it as all that big of a stretch for him to be able to take down Maker after it(when again, it's just about all there is to go by). Yeah I'd still call it a feat...... a crappy feat........ But a feat nonetheless.

King Kandy
The only real discription of Anti-Monitor's power before he absorbed the AM universe was that he was... Stronger then Monitor.

Also, not only did Supergirl break his shell and nearly kill him, but she was severely weakeneed in the AM universe. She lost her invulnerability, and I'm willing to bet that her strength suffered to.

On top of that, his second shell was cracked by some Qwa-Bolts from the Qwardians. And Wally West ripped to to shreads.

And the Monitor was MUCH weaker. Thanos can win this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
The only real discription of Anti-Monitor's power before he absorbed the AM universe was that he was... Stronger then Monitor.

Also, not only did Supergirl break his shell and nearly kill him, but she was severely weakeneed in the AM universe. She lost her invulnerability, and I'm willing to bet that her strength suffered to.

On top of that, his second shell was cracked by some Qwa-Bolts from the Qwardians. And Wally West ripped to to shreads.

And the Monitor was MUCH weaker. Thanos can win this.
Ug. WHen did Thanos get so powerful? He can't beat Galactus. I'd wager the monitor at full power is at least equal to a well fed Galactus. This is the PC age for christ's sakes.

King Kandy
Yeah. I'd totaly agree, except that Post Crisis Wally west destroyed Anti-Monitor's armor, and PC Supergirl/Superman were WEAKENED in the AM universe.

And Monitor was far, far weaker then that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah. I'd totaly agree, except that Post Crisis Wally west destroyed Anti-Monitor's armor, and PC Supergirl/Superman were WEAKENED in the AM universe.

And Monitor was far, far weaker then that.
Even a weakened PC krytonian>>> Thanos. And Post Crisis Wally is actually Superior to Pre crisis Flash.

King Kandy
Even a weakened PC krytonian>>> Thanos. And Post Crisis Wally is actually Superior to Pre crisis Flash.
Is he superior to Thanos?

And considering that Superman was hurt by having some rocks fall on him, I'd say he was substantialy weakened.

Galan007
Supergirl's heat-vision was still working, so my guess is she wasn't as depowered as Superman was.

King Kandy
Supergirl's heat-vision was still working, so my guess is she wasn't as depowered as Superman was.
But she was still depowered significantly.

Galan007
But she was still depowered significantly. Right, but even a depowered PC Kryptonian is still very powerful.

King Kandy
Right, but even a depowered PC Kryptonian is still very powerful.
Besides, Supergirl wasn't the ONLY one who pwned Anti-Monitor.

And Monitor is weaker by many powers.

darthgoober
Yes but if your using that mindset, then you can't really say that AM's showing against Supergirl is contradicted by his showing against Supes.

WrathfulDwarf

As far as I know...none....There are however many Monitors in existance.

King Kandy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
As far as I know...none....There are however many Monitors in existance.
That's the difference.

Pre-Crisis: One Monitor.

Post-Crisis: At least five Monitor's.

a88378438
this thread is very crazy,in fact,the Monitor can absorb two universe in his body,and he put his power give a girl(i don't who is she),she can make 5 universe is together,so,this is universe feats
why some people so underrate to monitor??????

a88378438
All of which added up to nearly a full universe. But it doesn't matter because Monitor doesn't have that much power. He has less power than AM had when he was nearly wasted by Supergirl.
lol,the AM destroy at least thousands of universe add to his power,supergirl is almost destroy him,this just prove she is very powerful,why this forums people so underrate for pc super??????
SA superman can lift universe very easily,not feats pc superman can't easily achieve

ColossusGrundy
Monitor would own Thanos.

Thanos isn't nearly up to this level.

a88378438
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Monitor would own Thanos.

Thanos isn't nearly up to this level.
you are right
i can't belive this forum people,did you really read crisis??????
the Monitor is universe level(i say Monitor,even not anti-Monitor)is too much for thanos
thanos is pc supers level???????what?are you crazy????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.