How dumb some people can really be...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1170950009

I lmao'd so hard!

Alliance
Yes, fortunately all Americans aren't that dumb. Most people in the world are that dumb.

Mindship
I wonder how many Americans they're not showing us, you know, the ones who knew the answers.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alliance
Yes, fortunately all Americans aren't that dumb. Most people in the world are that dumb. Yeah, I know they're not all that dumb, but the dumb people bring it down, and are what people remember.

Originally posted by Mindship
I wonder how many Americans they're not showing us, you know, the ones who knew the answers. I think they were only asking common people.

§P0oONY
There is no excuse for anyone to be that ****ing stupid. It's fine saying "all Americans aren't that dumb" but the fact is none of them should be, it's obscene. Get a decent education system.

Alliance
Hah. Maybe you can fix our education system.

Or not. The UK has its own fair share of problems, as do a lot of nations. So please, piss off.

lord xyz

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz
But none of the others are that bad.

Or are reported as such. And yes, you could find people just as stuid anywhere in the world.

lord xyz
Or are reported as such. And yes, you could find people just as stuid anywhere in the world. In a country as rich and advanced as the US?

Oncewhite

I lmao'd so hard!

Well, for starters, it seems that a lot of the people they picked out were shoppers, shoppers are into the social life, not academics, so it's easy to show how stupid anybody is just by visiting the local malls in any country...all you have to do is pick people who look "cool", you know, the same ones who put pressure on their peer group to slack off...that journalist had an easy job...

Alliance
Yes. I can't find any statistics right this moment...the US is certainly not the cream of the crop in education, but nor is it the bottom.

The US has major infrastructure issues. We have a large population, but its spread out over a large area. A kid can't travel 50 km to get to school, and city schools are underfunded and plagued by social issues.

US education is a problem, but we don't need to tolerate comments like "Get a decent education system." Its not the easiest thing in the wolrd to solve.

Its all fun and games to say the US is dumb...our government does a lot of stupid things. So does every other one. Our own comedy shows do the same thing here. If you think that interview was unedited or unbiased, you got education issues of your own.

Oncewhite
Yes. I can't find any statistics right this moment...the US is certainly not the cream of the crop in education, but nor is it the bottom.

The US has major infrastructure issues. We have a large population, but its spread out over a large area. A kid can't travel 50 km to get to school, and city schools are underfunded and plagued by social issues.

US education is a problem, but we don't need to tolerate comments like "Get a decent education system." Its not the easiest thing in the wolrd to solve.

Its all fun and games to say the US is dumb...our government does a lot of stupid things. So does every other one. Our own comedy shows do the same thing here. If you think that interview was unedited or unbiased, you got education issues of your own.

I think you are being a stupid ass.

For starters, the video is bias to a degree b/c they seem to pick people who are shopping (you can see a mall in the background) or a park, they seemed to pick folks that are shocked to be on film and "cool", so yeah, those three kind of groups are easy picking. If you find that analysis flawed and therefore clumping me in the group that are obviously into social life rather then academics, then you are full of yourself.

As a person who is a very good tutor, I find it pompous for someone to ask questions out of the blue to show they are more intelligent, he's a journalist, if anyone should know these questions, it's HIM and the rest of his peer group.

I'm not defending the American educational system, but this video is a joke, and not solely on the ones who answered those pretty easy questions.

Oncewhite
Yes, fortunately all Americans aren't that dumb. Most people in the world are that dumb.

THANK YOU, cut and edit work wonders.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Mindship
I wonder how many Americans they're not showing us, you know, the ones who knew the answers.

Exactly, sorry for triple posting, I meant to quote this one, and state that "cut and edit" work wonders.

Alliance
Originally posted by Oncewhite
I think you are being a stupid ass.

If you find that analysis flawed and therefore clumping me in the group that are obviously into social life rather then academics, then you are full of yourself.

I never addressed you. I was addressing xyz and you got your post in before mine. I'm sorry I didn't see that and correctsly attribute my comment.

Please, quit talking shit about me. I don't even see how you can construe what you gathered from my comments, even disregarding the fact that they were never addressed to you.

King Nothing
Some of those people were pretty bad, but all those people aren't dumb. They just don't know, they're are ignorant to those facts. Those people could probably give a flying f**k about the answers to those questions. Besides, I bet it only showed people who got it wrong.

FeceMan
Originally posted by King Nothing
Besides, I bet it only showed people who got it wrong.
Ding-ding-ding.

Also, it's not the Meixcan guy's fault--it's the nation's fault because all his teachers spoke only English.

chillmeistergen
It's simple really, Americans don't know anything outside their own country and quite frankly it's a ****ing disgrace. I mean it's something like 90% of Americans have never been out of America, as a people they have no knowledge or appreciation of the outside world. SORT IT OUT LOVE

jaden101
seriously...what is all this nonsense talk about education systems?...

a country beginning with "U" besides the united states it isn't even that difficult is it...Uraguay...Uganda...United Kingdom...Ukraine....United Arab Emirates...

and how many sides does a triangle have...if you dont know that by the time you are 5 years old you should be put down....

how do these people manage to avoid being hit by buses and trucks when they venture out into the world?

i'm not attacking the US...just the idiots on the video...i'm sure if you went into my own towns centre you would get just as many idiots...

lil bitchiness
Or are reported as such. And yes, you could find people just as stuid anywhere in the world.

Yes but only some 10% of Americans have actually been abroad as opposed to Britons. The latest data from the Office of National Statistics (ONS) reveals that during the year ending April 2006, 67 million Britons went abroad.

That means that in one year sagnificant proportion of population did not go once abroad, but many times, considering the population of UK.

If you never leave your own country, of course you gonna be dumbed down on the geography of the world...which you (USA) runs, as the guy said.

You are able to find stupid people here, but I seriously doubt that if you went on the streets in England, you'd hear that kind of crap.

Rogue Jedi
alliance runs the world?

lil bitchiness
The USA.

Rogue Jedi
alliance is george bush?

Alliance
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes but only some 10% of Americans have actually been abroad as opposed to Britons. The latest data from the Office of National Statistics (ONS) reveals that during the year ending April 2006, 67 million Britons went abroad.

That means that in one year sagnificant proportion of population did not go once abroad, but many times, considering the population of UK.

If you never leave your own country, of course you gonna be dumbed down on the geography of the world...which you (USA) runs, as the guy said.]

I totally agree.

You are able to find stupid people here, but I seriously doubt that if you went on the streets in England, you'd hear that kind of crap. I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could just like we saw here. Don't you have talk shows in the UK that do similar stunts? Hosts like David Letterman and Jay Leno do such things all the time.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
alliance is george bush?

Oh hell no. The man represents everything that is wrong in the world. He'd be a great guy to have a barbeque with, but the man is a living disaster. Though I must thank him for awakening my passion for politics. (and Al-Queda)

Alfheim

Oh hell no. The man represents everything that is wrong in the world. He'd be a great guy to have a barbeque with, laughing

lil bitchiness
I totally agree.

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could just like we saw here. Don't you have talk shows in the UK that do similar stunts? Hosts like David Letterman and Jay Leno do such things all the time.

Oh hell no. The man represents everything that is wrong in the world. He'd be a great guy to have a barbeque with, but the man is a living disaster. Though I must thank him for awakening my passion for politics. (and Al-Queda)

Even if you were George Bush, I don't think I'll hate you. Chainy however is a different story. I really do believe George Bush has no clue what is happening. Anywhere. At any time.

But yeah - people here don't know some stuff - although I don't recall this stunt being pulled on England.
Probably not because English do not have reputation of being stupid. Being stupid is already attributed to Americans.

Alliance
Yeah it is.

Newjak
Well the Video is funny
stick out tongue

Although I would like to point out somethings.

As already mentioned they probably only showed the people getting them wrong.

The triangle one was funny but notice how only two people are shown getting it wrong. I bet if more people had gotten it wrong then it have been shown a lot more.

I feel almost all of the international questions are unfair to show that Americans are stupid. Honestly it is more of that people just don't give a crap about foreign affairs rather than them being stupid.

As for why Americans don't leave the country that much there is there very practical reasons for that.

One is money, location, and distance needed to travel to get to other cultured countries.

Look at what the USA is landlocked or near. Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean Based Nations like Cuba. Honestly not many people want to travel to these places. For one some of them aren't exactly tourist destinations to began with and others simply put why go there when we have the exact same things here.

Places Britain though are a hop skip and away from places like France, Germany, and Spain. For Americans to travel to these places filled with exotic cultures require a lot of money to do and are long trips for us that have to be planned vacations all the time.

Another point is that America itself is a large and diverse area in itself. hence why many Americans decide to travel across the nation instead of outside of it. You don't have to worry about passports and customs and getting shots before leaving.

So for the most part its just more cost efficient for Americans to simply travel at home then abroad.

I'm not saying it is right or that out educational system is flawless there are just reasons behind why we don't worry about or going to other countries.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It's simple really, Americans don't know anything outside their own country and quite frankly it's a ****ing disgrace. I mean it's something like 90% of Americans have never been out of America, as a people they have no knowledge or appreciation of the outside world. SORT IT OUT LOVE

This post reminds me of the video.

Ushgarak
Frankly, my friends and I went to a very good school, but that didn'tstop me having to explaain where Spain was to one of them.

Some people feel no need to pick up any knowledge of the world around them at all. It just doesn't interest them. I'm not minded to be very criticial about it.

§P0oONY
Hah. Maybe you can fix our education system.

Or not. The UK has its own fair share of problems, as do a lot of nations. So please, piss off. What do other countries problems have to do with this topic? I would say the same if I met someone from the UK who was that stupid. The thing is, I haven't. I've never met anyone stupid enough to not know Buddhism was a religion. It's just not acceptable, it's atrocious. These people are a waste of space and oxygen and yet probably have larger bank balances then the majority of the world. It sickens me.

lord xyz

lil bitchiness
Since you're so good at pointing out other people's short comings'
why don't you go back and re-read my post.

Let me help you.

If you never leave your own country, of course you gonna be dumbed down on the geography of the world...which you (USA) runs, as the guy said.

You are able to find stupid people here, but I seriously doubt that if you went on the streets in England, you'd hear that kind of crap.

§P0oONY
What's the religion of Israel?
Israeli. Islam. Christianity.

Answer: Judaism. no expression
Your point?

Lil bitchiness, I've been abroad once in my life and I could answer everyone once of those questions with ease... Not having been abroad means jack shit when it comes to the most general of knowledge.

chillmeistergen
The fact that America is a large country is absolutely no excuse. The questions were about more than just geography, there were alot of questions concerning religion etc. The fact is that maybe there are people that stupid in every country, but, the people who made that chose America for a reason. The fact is that a lot of people's perception of America is that it's full of idiots, in my opinion having been there numerous times they are to a degree right.

Seraphim XIII
I never seen such a large amount of biased semantics in my life from one thread.

I'm sure if you walked down England, Portugal, Germany, Poland or Italy, you would notice the exact same thing you saw in America.

You'd get the same answers from different people. You must also remember that video only reviewed the entities that did not know the answers and edited out the ones who did. Not to mention they only showed roughly eight-ten people.

Every country has this ignorance. Don't call other countries out on their ignorance and stupidity when your country has over a million people in which most of them are abusively unintelligent.

Robtard
With the proper editing that video could be recreated in any country the world over... Hint: Don't take everything you see on T.V. at face value. Duh.

I do have a question for the asshats who believe America is factually "That Stupid"... Why are we the one remaining super-power if we're retarded and what does that say about the rest of the world?

lord xyz

Seraphim XIII

Yes, but if some stranger with a camera on the street asked me a question I didn't know the answer to, I just wouldn't answer. Not randomly guess and make myself look stupid.

Maybe some were not randomly answering. Some most likely thought what they were saying was the answer.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
Maybe some were not randomly answering. Some most likely thought what they were saying was the answer. Then that's really dumb.

Seraphim XIII
Then that's really dumb.

It doesn't make these people automatically stupid. You can't prove this. It proves ignorance to information about their country. That's about it.

Funkadelic
Originally posted by Oncewhite
Well, for starters, it seems that a lot of the people they picked out were shoppers, shoppers are into the social life, not academics, so it's easy to show how stupid anybody is just by visiting the local malls in any country...all you have to do is pick people who look "cool", you know, the same ones who put pressure on their peer group to slack off...that journalist had an easy job...

Academics?

laughing

I'm 15 and knew all the answers.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Funkadelic
Academics?

laughing

I'm 15 and knew all the answers.

Yes, but you're just starting to grow intellectually aware. This is information you SHOULD know about your own country at the age of fifteen.

Funkadelic
I live in Belgium

Robtard
Then that's really dumb.

That is dumb, but you know what is truly stupid... People who take an edited comedic sketch from Television at face value and use it to judge an entire country, now that's stupidity to extreme levels.

AssClown
Yes, but you're just starting to grow intellectually aware. This is information you SHOULD know about your own country at the age of fifteen.

Indeed you should and I hope you do youngster.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by AssClown
Indeed you should and I hope you do youngster.

-AC

I'm probably older than you. Either that or I'm just more advanced than you, seeing as you tend to enjoy spreading ageism, which is ignorance by the way. It proves your sole immaturity.

AssClown

Seraphim XIII
Actully youngster your attitude indicates your just a kid.

"Actually, youngster, your attitude indicates you're just a kid."

Your shaky syntax, horrid spelling and ignorant comments prove you have the mentality of a bewildered child.

You're speaking out of ignorance. You called me a child, yet for all you know I could be twice as old as you are.

Ageism - Ignorance.

Outclassed. Again.

Yes, I do. I actually enjoy working out during my free time that I'm not working, to be honest.

Henry David Thoreau also said:

"A man is wise with the wisdom of his time only, and ignorant with its ignorance."

AssClown
"Actually, youngster, your attitude indicates you're just a kid."

Your shaky syntax, horrid spelling and ignorant comments prove you have the mentality of a bewildered child.

You're speaking out of ignorance. You called me a child, yet for all you know I could be twice as old as you are.

Ageism - Ignorance.

Outclassed. Again.

Yes, I do. I actually enjoy working out during my free time that I'm not working, to be honest.

Henry David Thoreau also said:

"A man is wise with the wisdom of his time only, and ignorant with its ignorance."

I used to think that you were a gibbering idiot. Now, after reading your latest post, I have a much lower opinion of you. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. What possessed you to think that you were capable of being entertaining or interesting to read? You are like watching Amputee Field Hockey: pathetic, and very quickly disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't read like such a pathetic loser if your father didn't screw a plant and raised a blooming idiot; if your weren't so fat that when you walk down the street, everyone yells "Earthquake!", or if you didn't have a face that would give Freddie Kruger nightmares. Who am I kidding? You would.

-AC

AssClown
Slow

-AC

AssClown
hmmmm

-AC

Seraphim XIII
I used to think that you were a gibbering idiot. Now, after reading your latest post, I have a much lower opinion of you. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. What possessed you to think that you were capable of being entertaining or interesting to read? You are like watching Amputee Field Hockey: pathetic, and very quickly disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't read like such a pathetic loser if your father didn't screw a plant and raised a blooming idiot; if your weren't so fat that when you walk down the street, everyone yells "Earthquake!", or if you didn't have a face that would give Freddie Kruger nightmares. Who am I kidding? You would.

-AC

I could effectively hear my IQ dropping with your last post. Nothing but irrelevant semantics and childish, derogatory insults. You cannot debate, you're ignorant, you're biased, ageist and you're a general cesspool of pure, unadulterated stupidity.

What is wrong with you? I asked you in the other thread to prove that:

- You weren't ignorant.
- You weren't biased.
- You weren't ageist.
- Lil B was not ignorant.

You have not met any requirements or requests. Nothing but pathetically unorthodox (And sloppy) banter.

You needlessly insulted me here as well. You also just committed the Straw man fallacy to add to your growing vista of stupid maneuvers.

Seriously, you're out of your league here.

AssClown
I could effectively hear my IQ dropping with your last post. Nothing but irrelevant semantics and childish, derogatory insults. You cannot debate, you're ignorant, you're biased, ageist and you're a general cesspool of pure, unadulterated stupidity.

What is wrong with you? I asked you in the other thread to prove that:

- You weren't ignorant.
- You weren't biased.
- You weren't ageist.
- Lil B was not ignorant.

You have not met any requirements or requests. Nothing but pathetically unorthodox (And sloppy) banter.

You needlessly insulted me here as well. You also just committed the Straw man fallacy to add to your growing vista of stupid maneuvers.

Seriously, you're out of your league here.

If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to drive an ant's Go-cart around the inside of a bottle cap. You wouldn't know a clue if it walked up to you, bit you on the ass, and announced 'I AM A CLUE'. Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing?

-AC

Seraphim XIII
If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to drive an ant's Go-cart around the inside of a bottle cap. You wouldn't know a clue if it walked up to you, bit you on the ass, and announced 'I AM A CLUE'. Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing?

-AC

I'm waiting.

AssClown
I'm waiting.

It sounds like English; it even looks like English, but I can't understand a word you're blabbering. Your ineffective imitation of good posting style only serves to illuminate your lack of substance, good taste, and decency youngster.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
It sounds like English; it even looks like English, but I can't understand a word you're blabbering. Your ineffective imitation of good posting style only serves to illuminate your lack of substance, good taste, and decency youngster.

-AC

Ad Hominem, Logical Fallacy.

Still waiting.

Seraphim XIII
Slow

-AC

AssClown

Still waiting.

I see you've run out of steam. In closing, why don't you put your glasses on backwards and walk into yourself?

-AC

lord xyz
Academics?

laughing

I'm 15 and knew all the answers. You're not the only one.

Seraphim XIII
I see you've run out of steam. In closing, why don't you put your glasses on backwards and walk into yourself?

-AC

I am STILL waiting.

AssClown

I am STILL waiting.

Keep typing. Maybe, someday, you'll randomly type something semi-intelligent. If ignorance were a disability, you'd get the full pension.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Keep typing. Maybe, someday, you'll randomly type something semi-intelligent. If ignorance were a disability, you'd get the full pension.

-AC

I am STILL waiting.

AssClown
It amazes me how imitation is flattery my slow young friend. To sum up: you are about as smart as your rubber bow tie and two left shoes suggest, Bozo. Now, go curl back up in your corner, and continue chewing on your toenails.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
It amazes me how imitation is flattery my slow young friend. To sum up: you are about as smart as your rubber bow tie and two left shoes suggest, Bozo. Now, go curl back up in your corner, and continue chewing on your toenails.

-AC

I am STILL waiting.

You're getting boring and repetitive.

AssClown
You're getting boring and repetitive.

Well i'm off out so you can relax Mr repetitive reposter. I enjoyed this, I hope you realise I couldn't care less about the point and you've been trolled. See you in another identity.

-AC

Symmetric Chaos
Well i'm off out so you can relax Mr repetitive reposter. I enjoyed this, I hope you realise I couldn't care less about the point and you've been trolled. See you in another identity.

-AC

Welcome back Cindy.

Seraphim XIII

-AC

I still defeated you, troll or no. You baited me and I owned you. I enjoyed it as much as you did.

Good day!

GCG
In a country as rich and advanced as the US?

The US strives to be advanced in all sectors.

Anyway, all countries have their own bad linen.

AssClown
I still defeated you, troll or no. You baited me and I owned you. I enjoyed it as much as you did.

Good day!

Fishy laughing

-AC

Alliance

Seraphim XIII
Fishy laughing

-AC

I can see how you got banned in the first place. Yikes, son.

AssClown
I can see how you got banned in the first place. Yikes, son.

Little fishy on the hook. laughing

-AC

GCG
IS that AC as in Alpha Centauri or who the Foxtrot is it ?

Seraphim XIII

-AC

Resorting to inane comments because you got owned? Don't act like puppetmaster. You tried to stump me and, to my expectations, were owned.

Even so, I had nothing else to do for the moment being so I figured I'd embarrass you.

It's funny how things work; After all this time, you still have nothing to say and cannot answer anything.

Heh, ironic eh?

Go now. I'm done with you.

Alliance
Good. Please quit spamming the thread.

Symmetric Chaos

-AC

Catching a fish on a hook is easy but apparently you can't actually reel one in.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Catching a fish on a hook is easy but apparently you can't actually reel one in.

smile TY.

Molly Hayes
smile TY.

Damn, you got badly owned.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Molly Hayes
Damn, you got badly owned.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

laughing So did you.

Garfield Cat
Good. Please quit spamming the thread.

Exactly that Seraphin guy was a spammer, he insulted a mod, got owned badly and spammed a thread.

Weird.

JacopeX
When he asked "which country starts with the letter U?"

I was thinking Uzbekistan.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Garfield Cat
Exactly that Seraphin guy was a spammer, he insulted a mod, got owned badly and spammed a thread.

Weird.

How're you, AssClown? It's been a while.

Mr Tom Cat
Originally posted by Garfield Cat

Weird.

Agreed fellow Cat he was owned and he's still spamming.

H. S. 6
I was going to post a sensible response, but the stink of immaturity in this thread drove it out of me.

Shame...

Quiero Mota

I lmao'd so hard!

Now that's just a damn shame...

Yes but only some 10% of Americans have actually been abroad

I have trouble believing that.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I was going to post a sensible response, but the stink of immaturity in this thread drove it out of me.

Shame...

I urge you to post your opinion instead of an excuse, really. It'd be more delightful to review.

Originally posted by Mr Tom Cat
Agreed fellow Cat he was owned and he's still spamming.

Not fair. How come I don't get to make as many socks as AssClown does? Psst. Preposterous.

Mr Tom Cat
I urge you to post your opinion instead of an excuse, really. It'd be more delightful to review.

Not fair. How come I don't get to make as many socks as AssClown does? Psst. Preposterous.

I am not a sock, I am a cat.

You're the Assclown.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Mr Tom Cat
I am not a sock, I am a cat.

You're the Assclown.

I've reported your post. Discontinue spamming.

§P0oONY
Then apparently you need to have more real world experience. Many people don't know shit. Is it great and exciting, should we be really proud? No. However, killing them is not a solution, nor is being intolerant, nor is exclusively blaming them.

May I emphasize this again, apparently you need more real world experience. Try working in slums, in areas with 50% unemployment, at night shifts in industrial plants. You'll be amazed what people don't know and the misconceptions they have. You'll find the same thing in everyday people. You'll also find some amazing things they do know that you never thought of.

I'd say you need to get some real perspective on life, because your world is apparently to small and exclusive.
You're missing the point. No matter how small my world is or how I've not lived... There is no excuse (outside of actually mental illness) for such ignorance. It's just wrong. No matter the location, no matter how hard your life may be, and looking from the clothing and general composure these people are not exactly struggling. It's just unacceptable. What a waste to society.

Mr Tom Cat
I've reported your post. Discontinue spamming.

Scared! no I think you're the spammer.

soin2cal
why is it that US, the nation comes up as a countryfull of idiots when theyre just as bad here?

King Nothing
Not every American is going to know those questions and I will go on record to say that when you are asked simple questions like that out of the blue it's natural not to be able to come up with answers right off the bat like that. People tend to draw a blanks, even though the questions are simple and they probably know them.

I'm not justifying their lack of knowledge, I'm just really trying to say...do we have to come down on them so hard?

There are plenty of other countries that are worst then the U.S.A.

J-Beowulf

Quoted for truth.

J-Beowulf

First off, Americans have one decent country nearby: Canada. Our other neighbor is not worth visiting to many, and besides, you don't have to leave the United States to see Mexico. To leave the United States, one must fly thousands of miles across the oceans to Europe or Asia, or to South America... if you plan on being kidnapped and held for ransom. South America isn't exactly the safest region on Earth right now.

England and the Britons? You guys cross a narrow waterway heading South and boom, you're in France. A little further South and you're in Spain. East of France? Germany. The nations of Europe are much, much closer to each other and easier to travel to. Hell, some of you even share the same currency. The nations are civilized and modern, and are pleasant places to go.

No offense to Canada, but it's pretty damn cold up there, though it is certainly a beautiful country that is most definitely worth visiting.

Mexico? Not so much. Some very nice vacationing spots, but they're so saturated with American institutions and hotel chains that they might as well not even be in another country.

Further South? Pretty dangerous place to be if you're an American.

To sum it up, it's much easier to travel abroad if you live in Europe, and you know what? You might just be right that Americans lack of travel negatively affects our geographical knowledge, but I could walk through downtown London and ask people the same questions, cut out the ones who got it right, make a video, and claim the British are stupid.

Alliance
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Further South? Pretty dangerous place to be if you're an American.

Travel much? If you're not a dumbass gringo you can find great places. Canada has as much culture as stale vanilla ice cream. Mexico as at least 400% better, and that is a statistical measurement.

I do agree however, that its easlier to go abroad in Europe than the US. However, I wish lil's statistics were a little better defined and presented in identical terms, 10% of Americans going abroad (in one year or total pop?)

Kinneary
Please don't refer to us as gringos. I don't refer to you as a wetback.

Alliance
laughing out loud Gringo.

Funkadelic
Originally posted by JacopeX
When he asked "which country starts with the letter U?"

I was thinking Uzbekistan.

Ukraine

laughing

lord xyz
Ukraine

laughing I thought Uganda.

Help
I just thought i'd bring this up

j9tsFlxxQUU

These people aren't dumb just naive and gulible.I don't see them as all american's.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Help

j9tsFlxxQUU

These people aren't dumb just naive and gulible.I don't see them as all american's. I see a contradiction here.

H. S. 6

I was going to say something along the lines of "Judging an entire country's educational system based on ten or eleven ignorant Americans is, at best, ridiculous," but it seems that's been covered already.

FeceMan
Originally posted by King Nothing
Not every American is going to know those questions and I will go on record to say that when you are asked simple questions like that out of the blue it's natural not to be able to come up with answers right off the bat like that. People tend to draw a blanks, even though the questions are simple and they probably know them.
QFT.

Honestly, I have to pause and think when someone asks me my birthday and I'm not expecting it.

§P0oONY
TmtOpdrxfaY

Alliance
I'm starting to think these are dubbed.

King Nothing
Originally posted by FeceMan
QFT.

Honestly, I have to pause and think when someone asks me my birthday and I'm not expecting it. Exactly, when your not expecting it to come, you sort of draw a blank. I have the same problem when people ask me my age. Like I said before they only recorded those who got them wrong. That's unfair, frankly, I just think they are biased against Americans.

Alliance
Really. It didn't seemed biased to me.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Help

j9tsFlxxQUU

These people aren't dumb just naive and gulible.I don't see them as all american's.

LOL

Holy crap.

J-Beowulf
Travel much? If you're not a dumbass gringo you can find great places. Canada has as much culture as stale vanilla ice cream. Mexico as at least 400% better, and that is a statistical measurement.

I do agree however, that its easlier to go abroad in Europe than the US. However, I wish lil's statistics were a little better defined and presented in identical terms, 10% of Americans going abroad (in one year or total pop?)

Like the other guy said, I do not refer to you as a wetback, and I do not expect to be addressed as a gringo.

ragesRemorse
it's not fair that american citizen's have to pay taxes and the illegall's get a free ride

Imaginary
Bloody hell, it's CNNN! It's meant to be funny! Not serious!

Alliance
It only becomes serious when people thing that stupid people don't exist in thier country too.

Magically they're all in the US.

It was a good laugh, until people started insulting.

Atlantis001

lord xyz
If the people in that video were president, I hope I'm not Australian.

J-Beowulf
It only becomes serious when people thing that stupid people don't exist in thier country too.

Magically they're all in the US.

It was a good laugh, until people started insulting.

Quoted for truth and emphasis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.