Who's at fault when students fail?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
Who's at fault when students fail? The parents, the school, the child, or all of them?

Rogue Jedi
its the kids fault mostly. the parents can encourage them all they want, and the school can focus more on them, but its the kid who has to buckle down and make the grade.

S_W_LeGenD
The failure of a student depends more on him/her but this can be influenced by other factors.

Teachers can also be partially blamed for a few reasons, which are:

- Teaching method is not good enough for some people to understand or grasp.
- Do not encourage students to ask questions, if they have some doubts in there minds regarding the particular subject being taught to them.

Parents also can be held partially responsible for such failures.

The responsibilities of parents include that of mentally coaching there children to give studies more importance, so that they could be successful. And children should be warned against hazards of bad company.

Bad companies can often lead to downfall of a student. Good education on morals and values of life is what helps a child to understand between good and bad.

So parents and teachers can be partially blamed and not fully. But they play a vital role in re-shaping the ideologies of students.

And if a student is an adult then he/she is mostly at fault because at adultness, experiences teach lots of things to such students apart from brought-up factors and they should learn from such experiences and should develop positive thinking.

Studies require greater concentration and interest in reading and teachers and parents both should emphasize on these things.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The failure of a student depends more on him/her but this can be influenced by other factors.

Teachers can also be partially blamed for a few reasons, which are:

- Teaching method is not good enough for some people to understand or grasp.
- Do not encourage students to ask questions, if they have some doubts in there minds regarding the particular subject being taught to them.

Parents also can be held partially responsible for such failures.

The responsibilities of parents include that of mentally coaching there children to give studies more importance, so that they could be successful. And children should be warned against hazards of bad company.

Bad companies can often lead to downfall of a student. Good education on morals and values of life is what helps a child to understand between good and bad.

So parents and teachers can be partially blamed and not fully. But they play a vital role in re-shaping the ideologies of students.

And if a student is an adult then he/she is mostly at fault because at adultness, experiences teach lots of things to such students apart from brought-up factors and they should learn from such experiences and should develop positive thinking.

Studies require greater concentration and interest in reading and teachers and parents both should emphasize on these things.

I agree with all of this, it's common sense, yet, seems to be an issue in certain areas, so I wanted to get an open forum on the issue.

King Nothing
Unless the kids a force to fail it's mostly their fault. No matter how much influence, suggestions, pressure they get, mostly everyone has free will and can make their own decisions. If the child is not being forced and is a normal child then it's is them who should take most of the blame.

Soleran
Excuses, lets not make them.

Alliance
Everyone is at fault.

However though, I think parent have the largest role, especially at younger ages. Kids take more and more reponsibility for their own actions as they get older.

fini
As a teacher, I realise that most of the problems come from home........... that being the child, lack of discipline, parents that dont encourage studying, children who dont care about work, parents who also dont care bout work( yes I have met a few that say that their child already has a job lined up after school, so why stress!!)

Most students these days are LAZY, they refuse to sit down and even try. Even the school system is getting lazy to KEEP DOWN ( not up) with these lazy students. Students that want to do the work, I push them so that they can at least get the amount of work that is required. The others, just waste everyone's time......... I've fallen back with my class by trying to be superteacher and trying to get through to everyone, which was a mistake.

MIND you there are some cases where it is the teacher's fault, but then again, a child is in school for 15 years, and usually the get one teacher for just one year, so that cant be the reason a child fails at school.
At my school, the IT teacher, is rarely ever there, she only does practicals and never teaches the theory ( which is what comes for written exams). I dont get her, she has the brightest , most disciplined classes in the school and she just comes when she wants.

To answer the question
Child = 50-70%
PArents = depends
Teacher = 10-25%
Other influences = depends

Adam_PoE
"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink."

Alliance
Still, the student is not giont to drink if he's not brought to water.

The first part of that anology depends mainly on the parents.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

It is not wholely the fault of the student, some teaching institutions are completely lazy in helping students to learn the exact things that are necessary and offer no practical help.

lil bitchiness
Oh please.

The popular psychology of ''blame your parents for your failures''.

That is just insulting. Do you release how many chidlren are brought up in a horrible families, poor, abusive, yet the children still manage to finish the school and not fail.

Failure is person's fault and nobody else's. Its so much easier to blame other people.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh please.

That is just insulting. Do you release how many chidlren are brought up in a horrible families, poor, abusive, yet the children still manage to finish the school and not fail.

Failure is person's fault and nobody else's. Its so much easier to blame other people.
well said, lil.... smile

Funkadelic
Originally posted by Oncewhite
Who's at fault when students fail? The parents, the school, the child, or all of them?

I once almost failed. It was just as much my fault as the teacher's (Man he gives Biology for 10 years and then decides to give maths for one year). The next year with a real teacher for maths I had 80 %.

Draw your own conclusions.

§P0oONY
Parents and teachers.

Soleran

AssClown
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

good point

-AC

§P0oONY
Oh please.

How naive can you get. What do you think makes a person what they are? It's the way they are brought up. Do you really think any of the decisions you make are yours? Who you are is defined by who you're around. Your parents are the backbone to your persona, they set up your personality to be developed in later life by peers and teachers. The way your personality is set up is what leads to your decisions... No one has freewill.

Soleran

Seraphim XIII
Oh please.

That's the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on this website, to date.

Are you serious? You think everyone has the will and strength to just pull through? You're just generalizing like mad. For all you know, some of these kids get beaten or are forced to work or do other chores while in school, raped, treated terribly, call names and other things similar.

It's actually stupid to completely eliminate circumstance and say failure is always the fault of the primary entity. There will always be a third party, and that can be a general influence or a lead contributer to failure.

AssClown
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII

Are you serious? You think everyone has the will and strength to just pull through? You're just generalizing like mad. For all you know, some of these kids get beaten or are forced to work or do other chores while in school, raped, treated terribly, call names and other things similar.

It's actually stupid to completely eliminate circumstance and say failure is always the fault of the primary entity. There will always be a third party, and that can be a general influence or a lead contributer to failure.

Please don't call Lil B ignorant.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by AssClown
Please don't call Lil B ignorant.

-AC

GTFO.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Soleran
Typical, until you become accountable for your choices you haven't grown up.

Kids are as much of the problem as parents and teachers and Spoony's paragraph helps to illustrate why.
And you're not legally accountable for your choices until you become an adult. Therefor you are not at fault as a child failing.

How are kids as much the problem? If you're talking about peer pressure then the way you have been brought up has taught you how to react to that. It all goes back to the parents... And rightly so.

AssClown
GTFO.

Whether you agree with lil B or not calling her views the most ignorant on here is offensive to her.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Whether you agree with lil B or not calling her views the most ignorant on here is offensive to her.

-AC

Are you retarded? GTFO.

AssClown
Are you retarded? GTFO.

No, I just don't think you should call lil B's views ignorant. Say why you don't agree with them, but this post is nothing short of personal abuse about her intellect youngster. When you're older you'll learn you can disagree without becoming offensive.

-AC

Newjak

Soleran

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Newjak
Yet there are countless stories of people given the worst start to end up far better of. People who have grown up with nothing but abuse from parents. No not even teachers believing in them. Yet they rise above it all and make a better life for themselves.

If we are simply products of our environment how can people succeed where others have failed in similar life styles.
Right, I don't know why people think that a good childhood means a good future. Often child's who have lived through hardship know how shit it was and strive to make a better life. The parents are accountable to this. That's not to say they were right in the way they brought up their child because obviously it can leave very deep psychological scars.
Once you realize life is just choices and taking accountability for said choices, you then "control" your future.

Whining about the influence of parents and peer groups without taking personal responsibility is a cop out, kids love it, it's even more sad when adults do it.
But the choices that you decide to take are dependant on the person you are, which is controlled by your upbringing.

chillmeistergen
No, I just don't think you should call lil B's views ignorant. Say why you don't agree with them, but this post is nothing short of personal abuse about her intellect youngster. When you're older you'll learn you can disagree without becoming offensive.

-AC

What a knob you are, stop being a preachy smarmy ****. If they want to call someone ignorant they can, it's a forum for fvcks sake. Plus stop using your age as some kind of lord status, nobody cares.

AssClown
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What a knob you are, stop being a preachy smarmy ****. If they want to call someone ignorant they can, it's a forum for fvcks sake. Plus stop using your age as some kind of lord status, nobody cares.

I don't think lil B or her views are ignorant from what i've seen and no, why should anyone bash. lil B raised some good points. The kid obviously didn't learn manners.

-AC

Newjak

Seraphim XIII

-AC

Bias *AND* ageism? Why am I not surprised?

You just owned yourself. You showed you have a biased tendency and you also showed that you're ignorant as well (Alongside of Lil B) by posting a comment influenced primarily by ageism.

Why shouldn't I call her views ignorant? They are. Show me how her views are not ignorant. Don't just sit here and post in someone's defense with mere shitty semantics that don't matter or influence nothing except to reinforce what seems like some creepy obsession to defend Lil B.

Disperse. Come back when you're in my league.

chillmeistergen
My opinion is that it's our personality that shapes whether we succeed or fail and hardships such as social class, parentage etc. shape our personalities. This would therefore mean that all the factors play a part.

§P0oONY
That almost sounds like opposite to what you said.

Let me get this straight again. You believe that children are dependent upon the environment they grow up. That we are not responsible for our choices because it is our parents that force them on us.

Right so then how does having terrible parents and the worst background imaginable turn out respectable citizens who succeed when others faced with the exact same scenario fail.

If what you said were true then everyone of similar background would make the exact same choices which they do not.
You have totally misinterpreted my posts then. I've been saying that parents, teachers and authority figures are 100% responsible. Whether directly or not. A child is not at fault if they fail because they are children, they are not legally or morally in fault for their failings.

No one has a similar background. No one has the same upbrining, no one would ever make exactly the same choices.

When a child has reached tha age on an adult they should have learned and could have learned what's right from wrong. Therfor it's their responsibility if they commit a crime. An up bringing effects an adult's choices but society has had enough time to mould a person's moral decisions.

Soleran

AssClown
Bias *AND* ageism? Why am I not surprised?

You just owned yourself. You showed you have a biased tendency and you also showed that you're ignorant as well (Alongside of Lil B) by posting a comment influenced primarily by ageism.

Why shouldn't I call her views ignorant? They are. Show me how her views are not ignorant. Don't just sit here and post in someone's defense with mere shitty semantics that don't matter or influence nothing except to reinforce what seems like some creepy obsession to defend Lil B.

Disperse. Come back when you're in my league.

I just don't think you should call her ignorant especially when We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. To quote Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." In conclusion by saying someone is owned you have merely shown you are a child.

-AC

Eccentric
The student failing is primarily his/her fault depending on how old they are because teenagers can make their own decisions but still need some guidance, but parents and teachers can also be blamed if they do not influence the child correctly, for example if the parents do not care and just disregard their child's school and education then they won't have the pressure or discipline to do well.

Teachers also play a major role because if a teacher doesn't care then they won't make an effort to try and get the student to pass, in my History class (I'm in highschool), this one guy is failing and the teacher made a point of putting him right in front of her while she gives a lecture in hopes of helping him pay attention and pass.

§P0oONY
To some degree, there are certain uncontrollables in life.

You cannot change where you come from but you can change your point of view and where you will end up.

With the attitude your displaying you are nothing but a victim, it's typical of children to display that and almost embrace that point of view, responsibility can be a real *****.

That's where the problem lies with kids and education.
Read the post above...

Seraphim XIII
I just don't think you should call her ignorant especially when We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. To quote Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." In conclusion by saying someone is owned you have merely shown you are a child.

-AC

No, I haven't. I owned you. Hahaha, prove otherwise. Seriously. If you're going to come in here acting like a raging moron, I'm going to treat you like you're nothing but a mere six year old.

I ask you questions in my last post. Why don't answer them? MLK Jr was right. Nothing IS more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

You posted a quote that added to my point. Thank you.

What she said was ignorant. Prove that what she said was not ignorant, Assclown.

Also, remove the shit from under your nose before you return.

Newjak

AssClown
No, I haven't. I owned you. Hahaha, prove otherwise. Seriously. If you're going to come in here acting like a raging moron, I'm going to treat you like you're nothing but a mere six year old.

I ask you questions in my last post. Why don't answer them? MLK Jr was right. Nothing IS more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

You posted a quote that added to my point. Thank you.

What she said was ignorant. Prove that what she said was not ignorant, Assclown.

Also, remove the shit from under your nose before you return.

If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. You simply have no right to call lil B ignorant youngster or anyone else.
You're a message board freak, insulting people in ways you wouldn't dare in real life. I know it's hard to accept the truth, but the truth it is, and accept it, you must.

-AC

§P0oONY
No I understood your post completely.

Correction many people have similar backgrounds, many people have the same upbringing, and you right many people do not make the same choices.

I've known people who have been abused as children, have rotten childhoods, but decided to make a better life for themselves.

I've seen rich spoiled brats decide to waste every opportunity given to them despite their parents always being there and their teachers encouraging them.

I've seen poor kids abused and down simply accept it and not move on and live most of their life in shambles.

I have seen rich kids fully exploit their advantages sometimes even when their parents didn't stress it.

I've seen kids completely do the opposite of what they were brought up to do many times.

How can you explain to me that if we simply are products of environment how we can come to different conclusions to people that have lived similar lives.

The only answer is personal choice that kids made themselves to either be better or worse.

"parents, teachers and authority figures are 100% responsible. Whether directly or not."

And no one has a background similar enough to say that they're decisions in life are ****ing identical.

Seraphim XIII
If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. You simply have no right to call lil B ignorant youngster or anyone else.

Prove it.

The request is simple. Until you prove your prompt, I remain in the right. I've simply highlighted how she displayed ignorance. You've done nothing but beak off and display your bias.

Leave. You're simply outclassed at this point.

Irrelevant semantics, son.

Give me a break. We're debating, something you obviously are unable to do completely.

I step up to people all the time and debate or correct something in real life.

You lack awareness, intelligence and a general sense of Logic. You should not be entitled to walk outside without a helmet.

AssClown
Prove it.

The request is simple. Until you prove your prompt, I remain in the right. I've simply highlighted how she displayed ignorance. You've done nothing but beak off and display your bias.

Leave. You're simply outclassed at this point.

Irrelevant semantics, son.

Give me a break. We're debating, something you obviously are unable to do completely.

I step up to people all the time and debate or correct something in real life.

You lack awareness, intelligence and a general sense of Logic. You should not be entitled to walk outside without a helmet.

It's just as well you can type boy, for if you had to speak your mind, you'd be speechless. You must have a very large brain to hold such a vast amount of sheer ignorance. Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."

-AC

AssClown
Also slow.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
It's just as well you can type boy, for if you had to speak your mind, you'd be speechless. You must have a very large brain to hold such a vast amount of sheer ignorance. Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."

-AC

Prove I'm ignorant.

Answer my previous questions. Until you can effectively answer them correctly, you are the following:

- Ignorant.
- Biased.
- Ageist.

Basically, your posts consist of "You're ignorant, young and stupid."

I asked you to prove these statements instead of just spewing verbal diarrhea. You have not stepped up.

I'm waiting.

Robtard
Prove I'm ignorant.

Answer my previous questions. Until you can effectively answer them correctly, you are the following:

- Ignorant.
- Biased.
- Ageist.

I asked you to prove these statements instead of just spewing verbal diarrhea. You have not stepped up.

I'm waiting.

You do realize you're arguing with a "sock" right? Dude's just here to start shit.

AssClown
Prove I'm ignorant.

- Ignorant.
- Biased.
- Ageist.

I'm waiting.

You would be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle. Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking? Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

-AC

Eccentric
Everyone is allowed their own opinion, try debating or understand each point of view instead of insulting. o.0

AssClown
Originally posted by Eccentric
Everyone is allowed their own opinion, try debating or understand each point of view instead of insulting. o.0

Exactly the point i'm making after he called lil B ignorant!

-AC

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Eccentric
My conversation in this thread with others involved no insulting each other...

Soleran

Seraphim XIII
You would be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle. Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking? Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

-AC

Prove I'm ignorant.

- Ignorant.
- Biased.
- Ageist.

I'm waiting.

Your posts are so verbatim. Textbook insults.

It's like reviewing your post and automatically picking up what's said, not even having to comprehend basic sentence structures. You're predictable and you've been nearly effortlessly defeated.

Go crawl on home now. smile

AssClown

Seraphim XIII
Agreed

-AC

You've done all the insulting, pal.

I've merely pointed out the obvious.

Lil B was being ignorant. You came in her defense with nothing but "Don't call her ignorant!"

Why not? She was displaying ignorance.

Can you prove otherwise?

§P0oONY
Yes but maybe it would have been well received? stick out tongue

Someone's on a freak'n warpath in this thread though.
I concur... With both sentences... hmm

Seraphim XIII
Also slow.

-AC

AssClown
You've done all the insulting, pal.

I've merely pointed out the obvious.

Lil B was being ignorant. You came in her defense with nothing but "Don't call her ignorant!"

Why not? She was displaying ignorance.

Can you prove otherwise?

She had an opinion that differed from yours, that does not make it ignorant youngster, you then proceeded to inuslt me, badly I might add. So I showed you how it should be done.

Nothing needs to be proved. She has a different view to you as far as her perceptions go she is right. As far as yours go you are.

Capiche?

-AC

Seraphim XIII
She had an opinion that differed from yours, that does not make it ignorant youngster, you then proceeded to inuslt me, badly I might add. So I showed you how it should be done.

Yes, she did have an opinion that was differential from mine. All you've done here is point out the obvious.

Strawman, Logical Fallacy.

You're avoiding the primary scenario here. She expressed an opinion that was ignorant. She eliminated all available circumstance and left room for no elaboration within her opinion. She also made a statement with a lack of general knowledge of the particular subject, which was evident. She spoke out of ignorance.

Simple, eh? Well, apparently not for you. Heh.

Appeal to Force, Logical Fallacy.

You're trying to eliminate general logic and force your personal opinion of what her opinion expressed as stone-written.

Won't happen as long as I'm typing, son. You need to prove how she was not ignorant. Simple?

Come back when you're in your league, 'kay?

AssClown
Yes, she did have an opinion that was differential from mine. All you've done here is point out the obvious.

You're avoiding the primary scenario here. She expressed an opinion that was ignorant. She eliminated all available circumstance and left room for no elaboration within her opinion. She also made a statement with a lack of general knowledge of the particular subject, which was evident. She spoke out of ignorance.

You're trying to eliminate general logic and force your personal opinion of what her opinion expressed as stone-written.

Won't happen as long as I'm typing, son. You need to prove how she was not ignorant. Simple?

That post is written by something so confused, it doesn't know whether to scratch its watch or wind its ass. Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
That post is written by something so confused, it doesn't know whether to scratch its watch or wind its ass. Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

-AC

Ad Hominem and Pseudo Intellectualism, Logical Fallacy.

This is child's play.

AssClown
Ad Hominem and Pseudo Intellectualism, Logical .Fallacy.

This is child's play.

Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to.

You're right your post requires childs latin son.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to.

You're right your post requires childs latin son.

-AC

Ad Hominem and Pseudo Intellectualism, Logical Fallacy.

This is child's play.

smile

AssClown
smile

That's my smillie.

Well i'm off out so you can relax Mr repetitive reposter. I enjoyed this, I hope you realise I couldn't care less about the point and you've been trolled. See you in another identity.

-AC

Seraphim XIII
That's my smillie.

Owned.

AssClown
Owned.

Trolled smile

Bye little Fishy.

laughing

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Trolled smile

Bye little Fishy.

laughing

-AC

You trolled, I shot you down.

Simple. I played along. Nothing else to do. You effectively entertained me for free.

Go now. Thanks.

AssClown
You trolled, I shot you down.

Simple. I played along. Nothing else to do. You effectively entertained me for free.

Go now. Thanks.

Little Fishy on the hook laughing

-AC

Seraphim XIII
Little Fishy on the hook laughing

-AC

Yes, you are.

Look up "Baiting" on the internet.

It will tell you between Seraphim XIII and AssClown who the bait and who the baiter was.

Owned again.

Molly Hayes
Yes, you are.

It will tell you between Seraphim XIII and AssClown who the bait and who the baiter was.

Owned again.

Damn, you got badly owned

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Molly Hayes

Hi AssClown.

Garfield Cat
Yes, you are.

Owned again.

Wow, you looked really silly.

Symmetric Chaos
In the end too many factors are involved for the blame to be placed anywhere.

Some kids don't care.
Some parents don't encourage their children enough.
Some schools don't have the money they need.
Some teachers aren't very good at their jobs.

The list goes on.

At the simplest level it comes down to a child's desire to learn and a school's ability to make that possible.

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Garfield Cat
Wow, you looked really silly.

Lol, Hello again AssClown.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
In the end too many factors are involved for the blame to be placed anywhere.

Some kids don't care.
Some parents don't encourage their children enough.
Some schools don't have the money they need.
Some teachers aren't very good at their jobs.

The list goes on.

At the simplest level it comes down to a child's desire to learn and a school's ability to make that possible.
Why do the children not care? Why do some children not have desire to learn?

Symmetric Chaos

Mr Tom Cat
Originally posted by Molly Hayes

He really did, thanks for msning me Garfield. That guy was a grade "A" loser.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It can be cultural (more focus is put on things other than education) or psychological (they just don't care).
So upbringing?

Symmetric Chaos

lil bitchiness

Just because you are a failure and cannot account for your own actions, do not attribute it to other people.

Boo-hoo, child failed its parents fault. People who are DETERMINED will let NOTHING stand in their way.

So, your statement is not only ignorant, its full of self pitty and pathetic excuses for failure. Shameful.

I have had shitty school, have not spoken English language AT ALL, my father left, had horrible teachers only 8 years ago.
My circumstances - I spoke not a word of English.
I have graduated from University last year and this year I will graduate with an MA.

So, take your pathetic excuses for failure elsewhere!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Oncewhite

Small children? the parents.

College students? Themselves.

Seraphim XIII
Just because you are a failure and cannot account for your own actions, do not attribute it to other people.

OH MY GOD! HAHAHA!

Now you're going to call me a failure? Oh my god, you're so damn ignorant! It's so bad!

I'm twenty two and I own a house.

Could you be any more ignorant? This is unbelievable!

This is real life, honey. Not fantasy land. Shit doesn't always go the way you want it to. People get dragged down and stopped and faulty parenting and a bad childhood can contribute to this.

Bad parenting shapes the way a person is, who that person is. The environment, people around a human being ...

Listen here, because I don't repeat myself.

Humans are a learning animal. Everything we know we are taught. We adapt, learn and listen. It's that simple. If you're in an environment with abusive parents who have very unmotivated attitudes and you grow up around this, you tend to adapt to this particular scenario; An equilibrium, so to say.

You get used to this. As negative as it was, nostalgia stains the memory of these terrible moments and it becomes all you know. It's not easy for every to pick up and do as they please. Circumstance is a large factor.

Needless semantics. Your statements are inane and empty. My statement is ignorant? Not quite.

Explain how my statement is ignorant. I'm dying to hear this.

Yeah, you out of how many people. They aren't pathetic excuses and for them to be dismissed as such is absolutely disgusting.

There are people out there who don't have choices, people who don't get money passed to them or have to work hard for things but can't go anywhere because of the demons within their past or because what they like to do does not shine opportunity.

NEWSFLASH: Life is not simple and easy for everybody nor can everyone do what they want.

Your distortion bothers me.

lil bitchiness
OH MY GOD! HAHAHA!

Now you're going to call me a failure? Oh my god, you're so damn ignorant! It's so bad!

I'm twenty two and I own a house.

Could you be any more ignorant? This is unbelievable!

This is real life, honey. Not fantasy land. Shit doesn't always go the way you want it to. People get dragged down and stopped and faulty parenting and a bad childhood can contribute to this.

Bad parenting shapes the way a person is, who that person is. The environment, people around a human being ...

Listen here, because I don't repeat myself.

Humans are a learning animal. Everything we know we are taught. We adapt, learn and listen. It's that simple. If you're in an environment with abusive parents who have very unmotivated attitudes and you grow up around this, you tend to adapt to this particular scenario; An equilibrium, so to say.

You get used to this. As negative as it was, nostalgia stains the memory of these terrible moments and it becomes all you know. It's not easy for every to pick up and do as they please. Circumstance is a large factor.

Needless semantics. Your statements are inane and empty. My statement is ignorant? Not quite.

Explain how my statement is ignorant. I'm dying to hear this.

Yeah, you out of how many people. They aren't pathetic excuses and for them to be dismissed as such is absolutely disgusting.

There are people out there who don't have choices, people who don't get money passed to them or have to work hard for things but can't go anywhere because of the demons within their past or because what they like to do does not shine opportunity.

NEWSFLASH: Life is not simple and easy for everybody nor can everyone do what they want.

Your distortion bothers me.

Excuse me, you are the one who came down on me with your own insulting remarks to show nothing but your lack of character and bitterness for dropping out of school.

This is not a distortion I talk about, but your own lack of success, which you blame on someone else.

You own a house? So what. I own one too. And?
I am also 22, i own a house and a degree, and I am about to hold a Masters in Criminology.

Owning a house does not equal success.

Do not patronise me, either. My life was not simple or easy, and I did not get what I wanted. I fought for it, and I had to indure all kinds of shit, from everyone.

Why don't you go to an Arabic speaking country and try learning a language in short time. Then with that knowledge gain a degree and an MA.

I finished school without failing, adn I finished it in a foreign language, and so do millions of other children. Not being English, I had to jump further and run faster to get where I am.

It is people like yourself who do not finish school, then cry about being everyone elses problem, and how life is shit.

You are a sad sad little person.

§P0oONY
MA? Pfft.... MSc all the way... stick out tongue

Mr Tom Cat
Excuse me, you are the one who came down on me with your own insulting remarks to show nothing but your lack of character and bitterness for dropping out of school.

This is not a distortion I talk about, but your own lack of success, which you blame on someone else.

You own a house? So what. I own one too. And?
I am also 22, i own a house and a degree, and I am about to hold a Masters in Criminology.

Owning a house does not equal success.

Do not patronise me, either. My life was not simple or easy, and I did not get what I wanted. I fought for it, and I had to indure all kinds of shit, from everyone.

Why don't you go to an Arabic speaking country and try learning a language in short time. Then with that knowledge gain a degree and an MA.

I finished school without failing, adn I finished it in a foreign language, and so do millions of other children. Not being English, I had to jump further and run faster to get where I am.

It is people like yourself who do not finish school, then cry about being everyone elses problem, and how life is shit.

That about sums him up.

lil bitchiness

Seraphim XIII

I never dropped out of school!

This is the third irrationally ignorant statement you've made so far!

Insulting remarks? Like what, Lil Bitchiness? You mad because I called you out on your raging ignorance, or what?

No, I don't lack success. Maybe you have too much success and it's breeding arrogance within you, because you seem to show zero mercy for people who have *REAL* problems. Not everyone can just shoot to success. It's difficult and not everyone makes it. With your vague and inane statements, I've managed to pick apart that you basically have a general idea that anyone can be successful no matter what and that people who fail only fail because of themselves and outside participation and third party influence is impossible.

That's an ignorant statement. It's also ignorant (THIS WOULD BE THE FOURTH OCCASION IN WHICH YOU OUTRIGHT DISPLAY IGNORANCE) to call me insulting when I pointed out the obvious at first in a more calm matter.

Someone once told me "Owning a house does not equal success".

You should practice what you preach, darling.

Good for you. I don't tend to brag about my job. I usually stop to save myself from looking like an ego-monster.

I never stated that it did, but paying for the ownage rights to your very own house at twenty two with no financial help is an impressive feature.

I never said your life WAS NOT simple or easy. I was using examples within my argument. Do not assume.

Plus, I never patronized you. This involves looking down upon someone. I never attempted this.

I heard you brag enough previously, Lil bitchiness.

Christ, this is f*cking irrelevant. You didn't even refute most of the relevance pertaining to my debate.

Not everyone CAN be successful and to trickle back to the birth of this debate, not everyone's failure is because of themselves and SORELY themselves and it's IGNORANT to say something like that. It's that simple. You have not proved otherwise.

Good day.

Seraphim XIII

This is going in my profile. This is the most outrageously ignorant thing I've ever seen. I'm not even kidding.

I've never seen such an ignorant comment in my life.

You called me sad?

Oh boy.

§P0oONY
I notice you didn't deny failing at school... hmm

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Mr Tom Cat
The guy is obviously a total failiure getting his anger issues out on a forum.

laughing out loud

Seraphim XIII
The guy is obviously a total failiure getting his anger issues out on a forum.

That's ridiculous. Don't talk to me like that. I don't have anger issues, I was simply addressing an issue at the beginning of this thread that seemingly got filtered into a barrage of assumptions and trolling from your sock.

§P0oONY
You serious? Actually?

I never failed school and what I hate most is how Lil Bitchiness is speaking as if she knows me. Like, How I failed generally and flunked school.

It's ignorant to talk like that. She is one of the most ignorant people I've ever spoken to. I cannot have respect for a person like that.
Again... You're not denying the fact that you are a dropout. Dropping out is pretty much failing at school.

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII

Quiero Mota
smile

Yup, he's a failiure.

laughing out loud This guy...

Mr Tom Cat
I was addressing the issue of her calling me a failure first.

No, I never dropped out nor did I fail school. K-12 with solid grades.

Dropping out is failing school?

Um, there is effectively a difference between not finishing something and outright failing at something.

Not really, not finishing means you have no gumption. If I fail to finish a marathon. I have both failed and not finished. A bit like you and school.

§P0oONY
I was addressing the issue of her calling me a failure first.

No, I never dropped out nor did I fail school. K-12 with solid grades.

Dropping out is failing school?

Um, there is effectively a difference between not finishing something and outright failing at something.
It's cute to see someone in denial... petpet

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII
Not really, not finishing means you have no gumption. If I fail to finish a marathon. I have both failed and not finished. A bit like you and school.

I finished school. Sorry to disappoint you. Lol.

If you fail to finish a marathon, you fail at finishing. You do not fail the race because you have not FINISHED the race.

In order to FAIL a test, you must complete it. If you do not complete it, it's incomplete.

Seraphim XIII

§P0oONY

If you fail to finish a marathon, you fail at finishing. You do not fail the race because you have not FINISHED the race.

In order to FAIL a test, you must complete it. If you do not complete it, it's incomplete.
If you do not complete a test in the UK and fail to get over a certain percentage correct.... You fail. This guy in my Classics class didn't write anything in his exam... He failed. hmm

§P0oONY
What the? You serious? I've finished high school.
College? University?

Seraphim XIII

Mr Tom Cat

I believe you're educated no
Really no expression

Not from an examiners point of view. Failiure to complete a test means you fail the examination.

Seraphim XIII

Seraphim XIII
I believe you're educated no
Really no expression

Not from an examiners point of view. Failiure to complete a test means you fail the examination.

Actually, if you fail to complete an examination, you fail to complete it. ROFL!

You don't actually fail the initial examination.

Mr Tom Cat
Actually, if you fail to complete an examination, you fail to complete it. ROFL!

You don't actually fail the initial examination.

Of course you do. You don't get a certificate. That's failiure. You don't have certificates so you failed.

§P0oONY
The Canadian System of Education hands out I's if something is unfinished beyond it's due date. (I = Incomplete)
And I's mean something other than failure? Is an "I" worth more than a Fail?
I entered BCIT when I turned nineteen. (British Columbia Institute of Technology).

It's a Polytechnic Institute, to be precise.
And you exited a week later? Or you completed the course successfully?

Seraphim XIII

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII
Of course you do. You don't get a certificate. That's failiure. You don't have certificates so you failed.

No, you're wrong. If you've in-completed a test, you have not finished it. Failure is different.

In order to fail at an experiment, for example, you must first complete the experiment by adding the ingredients and such. If you leave it there, it doesn't mean you failed. You can come back to it and add ingredients later.

§P0oONY
I = Incomplete.

It means you did not complete a particular exam/test/project. I don't know how it works, what they do or what happens because I have not received an "I".

I completed it successfully and I have a great job.

So, how about you? What level of schooling are you at?
I'm at 6th form, I've received offers from university and will hopefully be going to Edinburgh University to take Biology in the summer.

Seraphim XIII
A poly laughing I think he's already a failiure.

A Poly? Elaborate, please.

Mr Tom Cat

I studied two kinds of Biology, before going on to do research I have graduate and post grad qualifications from three Universities in England.

§P0oONY
I've no idea what a poly is... I don't know masses about the US/Canadian education systems.

Mr Tom Cat
A Poly? Elaborate, please.

In England till 1990 Polys were the poor relations to Universities. They became the new Universities which are the poor relations to the old ones.

Seraphim XIII

§P0oONY
In England till 1990 Polys were the poor relations to Universities. They became the new Universities which are the poor relations to the old ones.
Oh right... They're like new Universities... Can't say I've ever even think about applying to one of those.

Seraphim XIII

Polytechnics is to study industrial machinery and applied science.

Do you actually know what you're talking about?

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII

§P0oONY
So you know your Krebs cycle, Succession, Growth curves, Basic Anthropology New and Old World Monkeys etc. A level Bio. Halcyon days.
Pretty much... Just finished Succession actually. Moving on to Behaviour and Populations now, 2nd lesson on it tomorrow.

Well, my dad (University Professor) just backed up what he said.

Seraphim XIII
So you know your Krebs cycle, Succession, Growth curves, Basic Anthropology New and Old World Monkeys etc. A level Bio. Halcyon days.

What does the CA Cycle and such have to do with anything?

Lol, I learned Anthropology in high school.

Mr Tom Cat

Yup, they were poor relations in the UK to the Old University system, we abolished them in 1990.

Here's an example of how they changed in the U.K.

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/about/history/timeline

Seraphim XIII

Mr Tom Cat
What does the CA Cycle and such have to do with anything?

Lol, I learned Anthropology in high school.

It's what's taught at A level at the moment, I've been helping my niece. I was replying to Spoony.

Seraphim XIII
Yup, they were poor relations in the UK to the Old University system, we abolished them in 1990.

Here's an example of how they changed in the U.K.

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/about/history/timeline

So, essentially, the universities you study at today sprouted from Polytechnic education systems?

Seraphim XIII
It's what's taught at A level at the moment, I've been helping my niece. I was replying to Spoony.

Ah, of course. smile

Mr Tom Cat

Mr Tom Cat
So, essentially, the universities you study at today sprouted from Polytechnic education systems?

No the Old Ones ran parallel, I never went to a Poly. I had good results.

§P0oONY
He would back me up, i'm right. I was at an Old Uni when the Poly system operated in the U.K. Spoony. all the Seres etc. Good stuff.
Where did you study?

laughing

Seraphim XIII
I went to a Polytechnic school for advanced knowledge on Computer systems analyzing. I also took a course on PC databases and networking. The leading university (Simon Fraser) Didn't offer such advanced courses.

Hmm, Odd.

Ran parallel compared to ... ?

Mr Tom Cat
I went to a Polytechnic school for advanced knowledge on Computer systems analyzing. I also took a course on PC databases and networking. The leading university (Simon Fraser) Didn't offer such advanced courses.

Hmm, Odd.

Ran parallel compared to ... ?

The Old Unis.

I went to Nottingham and two University of London Colleges. University Colleges are the next step up on basic Universities e.g. Kings College, Imperial, Goldsmiths etc.

Seraphim XIII
Mr Tom Cat, you seem to know what you're talking about!

Well actually, I was looking for something in the tricarboxylic acid cycle's reaction sums that went missing.

You mind filling in the blanks? Since you got such good results?

---------- + 3 NAD+ + FAD + --- + Pi + 1 H2O + 1 CoA-SH → 2 CoA-SH + 3 NADH + 3 H+ + ---- + GTP + 2 CO2

Seraphim XIII
The Old Unis.

I went to Nottingham and two University of London Colleges. University Colleges are the next step up on basic Universities e.g. Kings College, Imperial, Goldsmiths etc.

Old Uni? Elaborate. Nothing is old about SFU. Top leading university in the province. They just didn't teach certain things the Polytechnical Institute had to offer.

§P0oONY
The Old Unis.

Nice... I almost put Nottingham as my Insurance. I'd never get in any places like Imperial, not straight from high school anyway. Sadly I'm only really a B-Grade student.

Seraphim XIII

§P0oONY
What GPA did you graduate with?

I was a straight A student through high school. In middle school, I was a bit lacking with B's and even a few B minuses. Then they threw me into Enrichment classes and I sprouted.
We don't have GPA's... And I've not graduated yet.

Seraphim XIII

§P0oONY
Do you have any percentages, then?
Well...

A = > 80

B = 70 - 80%

C = 60 - 70%

D = 50 - 60%

E = 40 - 50%

U = < 40%

?

Seraphim XIII

Mr Tom Cat
Mr Tom Cat, you seem to know what you're talking about!

Well actually, I was looking for something in the tricarboxylic acid cycle's reaction sums that went missing.

You mind filling in the blanks? Since you got such good results?

---------- + 3 NAD+ + FAD + --- + Pi + 1 H2O + 1 CoA-SH → 2 CoA-SH + 3 NADH + 3 H+ + ---- + GTP + 2 CO2

Acetyl-CoA
GDP
CoASH

but that one is slightly wrong. I did genetics not biochem.

soin2cal
I am a student but im past thar child stage now.
Not all students are children!
But college students, should be expected to have grown up wheres a lot havent. I have to suffer being around many immature ones each day. So i do have to blame the teens because they are the ones giving tutotrs grief.

Mr Tom Cat

Seraphim XIII
Acetyl-CoA
GDP
CoASH

but that one is slightly wrong. I did genetics not biochem.

Krebs Cycle = tricarboxylic acid cycle = Citric Acid Cycle.

And naturally, you're wrong. You're missing NADH, which is the reduced form of Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide.

Took you look enough. Search Engine actin' funky?

soin2cal
I personally say that it is partly how they are raised that makes them so immature, however they are responbile for their own actions.

§P0oONY
I got into Kings eventually, but again I had to go to Nottingham first. I was an A/B student. Less people went in the eighties though Spoony.
Yeah, that's of course true... I'm psyched about September/August though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>