Who do you think are the best actors turned writer/directors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xaliasslayer
... like Mel Gibson, Jack Nicholson, Kevin Costner, etc.

Captain REX
I like Mel Gibson's films. He's quite good. Never seen any of Jack's or Kevin's though.

Braveheart... big grin

Shouldn't this be somewhere in the movie section?

jayride
Ya'll better not mention Tom Hanks! Loosing him to directing/writing/producing is a big heartache. I miss him as a frequent actor.

BackFire349
ron howard

finti
big grin Happy Days all over again

Corran
Ron Howard is better not acting, good move for him.

King Jedi
Mel Gibson.

Bad Boy
Mel Gibson, Ron Howard, Kevin Costner are all great!

King Jedi
I can't think of anymore that I've seen.

Billy The Kid
Clint Eastwood for sure!!!!

King Jedi
Did he direct The Unforgiven?

xaliasslayer
King Jedi, yeah he directed unforgiven. Jayride, I know, I miss hanks acting in more stuff but I think he's such a good actor/director that he'll bring new talent and movies to us. I'm sure we have lots to look forward to. Any other actors besides the three originally listed that you would like to see direct, write, etc.

Corran
Clint is indeed a good actor and Director, good call Billy.

King Jedi
I'd like to see Marlon Brando direct a film. Since he gives every director a hard time, he should try it himself. Then we could all laugh.

xaliasslayer
Good idea! and while he's at it, he could drop a ton or two. Probably why he's so grumpy all the time. In regards to writer/directors I just watched a show called Push, Nevada and I guess Ben Affleck helped write it. It's pretty good. Wonder if he's done anything else.

King Jedi
He co-wrote Good Will Hunting. Which I think is a rubbish film but there you go.

xaliasslayer
Never saw it. Did you watch Push last night. I just found this too (http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/push/index.html) It's a great idea.

ParanoidAndroid
Sean Penn is pretty good. Check out his Nicholson starring film The Pledge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.