Silver Surfer v Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
seems that Apoc has grown in reputation... wonder what happened to this so-so, mediocre X-men villain, since I last read comics.

could he stand up to The Silver Surfer?
(and no, I mean that figuratively, as in could he best The Silver Surfer in a fight?)

Symmetric Chaos
SS wrecks him

Big Sexy
Originally posted by janus77
seems that Apoc has grown in reputation... wonder what happened to this so-so, mediocre X-men villain, since I last read comics.

(and no, I mean that figuratively, as in could he best The Silver Surfer in a fight?) He gets turned into butter.

Priest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
SS wrecks him

guy222

(and no, I mean that figuratively, as in could he best The Silver Surfer in a fight?)

ss

TricksterPriest
giljotiini Apoc is in deep shit...... he can get some wins if he has prep, but straight fight? I don't see him winning.

janus77
what do you envisage Apocalypse doing with prep?
magic?
strength/power augmentation (bearing in mind, Surfer's got near limitless PC to use)?

Board Walker
People argue Apoc can take a majority over Thor, yet not SS?

Evil_Ash
Another Apoc spit thread.

Surfer 10/10

janus77
Originally posted by Board Walker
People argue Apoc can take a majority over Thor, yet not SS?
they do?

well people say funny things in here... like umm... certain weather godesses and umm well nevermind.

people will learn smile

janus77
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Another Apoc spit thread.

Surfer 10/10
I just saw a thread where Apocalypse is said to beat Gladiator, so that kinda piqued my curiosity about the character.
I'd always seen him more as a "monster of the week" for the X-Men, whilst Magneto was the CSM, the long running, serious threat.

"Watch me, and tremble"

*cosmic beam*

"now i can continue my search for Zenn-La"

TricksterPriest
Apocalypse is more powerful than Glads&Thor, but not Surfer. Power Cosmic is way over those 2. And current Apoc is the monster of the week, Classic Apoc was crazy powerful. He's been depowered ever since X-Factor #68, when his original body was destroyed. Before that, yes, he could beat glads and thor. Surfer's just in a whole other class by comparison to those two.

Soljer
Classic, Current and alternate reality Apocalypse all team up and still get barbecued.

TricksterPriest
Uh....yeah. Stupid Power Cosmic.......

Redatom65
*plays sad violin*

TricksterPriest
nopity Pathos for Apocalypse, he who has been unjustly jobbed and depowered. though frankly, he's screwed from the get go in this match.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Apocalypse is more powerful than Glads&Thor, but not Surfer. Power Cosmic is way over those 2. And current Apoc is the monster of the week, Classic Apoc was crazy powerful. He's been depowered ever since X-Factor #68, when his original body was destroyed. Before that, yes, he could beat glads and thor. Surfer's just in a whole other class by comparison to those two.

Your misguided. Thor if not Surfers equal, is his superior and Gladiator isn't far behind.

Notice what Surfer says about Thor. This is while hes recieved a power up from Loki, increasing his power.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg

dvampire
Surfer wins.

bigbran
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Your misguided. Thor if not Surfers equal, is his superior and Gladiator isn't far behind.

Notice what Surfer says about Thor. This is while hes recieved a power up from Loki, increasing his power.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg But we forget the sonic shark?

Also... notice what Thor says about Surfer...
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3882/50951387jb9.jpg

Loot
here we go again, surfer vs thor, it never stops, it never will devil

dvampire
Revive the Thor vs. Surfer thread, don't bring that flamming in other versus threads please.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by bigbran
But we forget the sonic shark?

Also... notice what Thor says about Surfer...
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3882/50951387jb9.jpg

I don't see the more powerful part? I have no doubt Surfer could kill Thor, but I also believe when the tables are turned that Thor could kill Surfer. I've always viewed them as equals, never have a put one leagues above the other as Trickster implied.

bigbran
Originally posted by dvampire
Revive the Thor vs. Surfer thread, don't bring that flamming in other versus threads please. This thread has been done before...
I don't see the more powerful part? I have no doubt Surfer could kill Thor, but I also believe when the tables are turned that Thor could kill Surfer. I've always viewed them as equals, never have a put one leagues above the other as Trickster implied. A warning shot came close to killing all of them... no expression

Hulk rules all
Apoc overwhelmes the Silver Surfer. Apoc already manhandled Thor and added him to the team as the Mighty Wretch. Apoc adds another member, the Silver Surfer who he renames as the Tin Foil Eunuch.

Priest
This thread has been done before...
A warning shot came close to killing all of them... no expression
i would accually like to see the scan b4 that.

Skeets

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg
While Surfer was on earth he wasn't at full power.

Surfer got his full power only after he escaped from earth and Galactus returned his Space,time powers.

Surfer and Thor would both Crubstomp Apoc.

bigbran
Originally posted by Priest
i would accually like to see the scan b4 that. F*ck if I know what happened...

Originally posted by Skeets
While Surfer was on earth he wasn't at full power.

Surfer got his full power only after he escaped from earth and Galactus returned his Space,time powers.

Surfer and Thor would both Crubstomp Apoc. Because of the sonic shark.

Soljer
When the Surfer fought Thor, it was after he, by his own admission, had NEVER been weaker in his ENTIRE cosmic career.

Any objective reader can tell that the Surfer is superior to Thor.

But then again, look who I'm talking to...the guy that tried to argue that Thor is as fast as Superman.

swerve1988
APOC

surfer struggles with the hulk

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
When the Surfer fought Thor, it was after he, by his own admission, had NEVER been weaker in his ENTIRE cosmic career.

Any objective reader can tell that the Surfer is superior to Thor.

But then again, look who I'm talking to...the guy that tried to argue that Thor is as fast as Superman.

Was this before or after he stated he fealt "more powerful"?

We also can't ignore their battles outside the above mentioned, in which Surfer was again defeated.

Any objective reader can tell that their at best equals. At least imo, Marvel's made it fairly clear the they believe Thor to be the superior of the two.

Something I never stated. Stated only that Thor was fast enough to keep up in the fight.

Roldz
Surfer 10/10, no prep..

don't shiv
hard for surfer to tag Apoc when

intangible
teleporting/phasing through Surfer repeatedly
simultaneously siphoning P.C.from SS via astral/psionic access
cyberpathically launching Earths army of orbiting warheads to detonate on SS's heat sig.

janus77
surfer would just kill apocalypse before apocalypse can react. he's far faster and far more powerful.

the warheads would do nothing to the surfer, not even impeding his momentum.

syphoning PC would in all likelihood overload Apocalypse, as surfer has near infinite levels of ambient energy he can conduit. also surfer could simply release an omni directional, planet busting, blast of energy totally obliterating apocalypse.

phasing/teleporting wouldn't work as surfer has a speed advantage of billions of times the speed of light.
any teleporting would just play into the surfer's cosmic awareness and leave apocalypse a sitting duck for whatever the surfer might want to do to him.

illadelph12
People are seriously selling Apocalypse short. He went up against the High Evolutionary and held his own. I don't see him getting one shotted by Surfer. I don't see him winning a majority either, but Apoc isn't the pushover people on this board would lead you to believe. He's unpopular, not weak.

Lord S
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
Apoc overwhelmes the Silver Surfer. Apoc already manhandled Thor and added him to the team as the Mighty Wretch. Apoc adds another member, the Silver Surfer who he renames as the Tin Foil Eunuch. WTF? What the f**k?

Originally posted by don't shiv

intangible
cyberpathically launching Earths army of orbiting warheads to detonate on SS's heat sig. I smell shit

janus77
how does he hurt the surfer?
isn't it the policy on this forum to pit characters against each other, fighting at their best and not necessarily 'jobbing' or being in-character stupid (ie standing before a villain of unknown powers and speechifying for half an hour and letting him get the first shot in).

I just don't think there's any reasonable way apocalypse could hurt the surfer, whereas the surfer has unlimited options for disposing of apocalypse.

Lord S
Originally posted by illadelph12
People are seriously selling Apocalypse short. He went up against the High Evolutionary and held his own. I don't see him getting one shotted by Surfer. I don't see him winning a majority either, but Apoc isn't the pushover people on this board would lead you to believe. He's unpopular, not weak. For once I'll agree with you...just for once.

Surfer 7/10.

Lord S
I just don't think there's any reasonable way apocalypse could hurt the surfer, whereas the surfer has unlimited options for disposing of apocalypse. Now come on young man...you're not being fair. Give pockie his due.

He has many ways of earning his 3/10 against the Surfer.

He could uh...no, he could hit him with uh...no that won't work, oh oh wait I got it...he can grow to a huge size and step on the Surfer.

Yeah...and after that he'll feel a nasty spasm go up his leg called the Power Cosmic.

He could try talking the Surfer to death. laughing

Board Walker

Thor > SS

bigbran
Thor > SS When?

Board Walker
When?

Going by on panel confrontations?

Since their first battle.

bigbran
Going by on panel confrontations?

Since their first battle. You mean when Surfer was also weakened by the sonic shark?

Also, Surfer had won their first battle... no expression

Board Walker
You mean when Surfer was also weakened by the sonic shark?

Also, Surfer had won their first battle... no expression

You mean when Surfer was amped by Loki?

SS lost that battle, and Thor stated he wasn't even trying, he thought SS wanted to spar.

bigbran
You mean when Surfer was amped by Loki?

SS lost that battle, and Thor stated he wasn't even trying, he thought SS wanted to spar. Everyone knows he was amped by Loki, but basically no one knows he was weakened by the sonic shark... hence why I said it...

Umm... no he wasn't.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1411/silversurfer04p039tu1.th.jpg

Does this look like the winner of the fight? Surfer could have finished him off too... he won.
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/1963/silversurfer004p042nd3.th.jpg

bigbran
Also, Surfer's cosmic power was weakened, so don't look into that mighty mallet thing too much...

Board Walker
Well actually I do know of the sonic shark incident.

My point being, with Loki's amping he was more so then was prior.

Secondly I think you left out the scan where Thor says "Oh so you want to Spar surfer?"

And then the scan where he states later near the end of the battle "Surfer is not himself, I must help him" or some thing along those lines.

I'm pretty sure its the same battle as this one.

bigbran
Well actually I do know of the sonic shark incident.

Secondly I think you left out the scan where Thor says "Oh so you want to Spar surfer?"

And then the scan where he states later near the end of the battle "Surfer is not himself, I must help him" or some thing along those lines.

I'm pretty sure its the same battle as this one. Nope, I shown the scan where Thor gets mad.

Here is basically the "sparring" part.
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/478/silversurferv1004p029sa7.th.jpg

That is early in the meeting.

I showed the scan where Thor gets mad, and then I skipped to the part where Surfer has him down.

Also, that was Loki's power that had Thor down...
"The blows were mine, but the power his."
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2862/silversurferv1004p044fv0.th.jpg

Keep in mind, it was Surfer speculating...

Also, Surfer had earlier outpowered Loki.

Either way though, Surfer won the first fight (no matter what way you slice it).
Thor won the other (and the mini ones in the pis-ified Blood and Thunder).

All of Surfer/Thor's fights weren't under normal circumstances.
So, how can we use their fights as an example?

Roldz

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssweaknx0.jpg
This scan Surfer stated that he could defeat this monster w/ a shrug if he was not so depowered.. Makes me beleived his basicly half he once was.. I find it hard to beleived that Loki could amp Surfer above 50% specially at the beginning of that issue when Surfer beat Loki at half his peak.. Surfer>>>Loki at fight no way his amping him above what he once was..

horrorwolf
What is this a spite thread? Surfer 12/10.

Priest
I would give Surfer and Thor 50/50 down the middle.
as for this fight Surfer kicks the crap out of Apoc.

Soujaboy
Nope, I shown the scan where Thor gets mad.

Here is basically the "sparring" part.
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/478/silversurferv1004p029sa7.th.jpg

That is early in the meeting.

I showed the scan where Thor gets mad, and then I skipped to the part where Surfer has him down.

Also, that was Loki's power that had Thor down...
"The blows were mine, but the power his."
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2862/silversurferv1004p044fv0.th.jpg

Keep in mind, it was Surfer speculating...

Also, Surfer had earlier outpowered Loki.

Either way though, Surfer won the first fight (no matter what way you slice it).
Thor won the other (and the mini ones in the pis-ified Blood and Thunder).

All of Surfer/Thor's fights weren't under normal circumstances.
So, how can we use their fights as an example?

Notice what Surfer says near the end of the battle, after each scan posted in this thread.

"He possess more strength than I know but did not choose to use it against me!"

"He must have suspected from the beginning that I was merely duped!"

"Such a one must never be my enemy"

Thor was holding back during the ordeal and was still thought to be the more powerful of the two.

The blood and thunder fights, however pis filled the pages are, were under normal circumstances.

Roldz
Notice what Surfer says near the end of the battle, after each scan posted in this thread.

Thor was holding back during the ordeal and was still thought to be the more powerful of the two.

Possessing more strength does not necessarily mean more powerfull..

Really this battle is pretty hard to gauge both chars. are not at there normal peak...

Surfer was also holding back always, so is Thor..

Board Walker

"He must have suspected from the beginning that I was merely duped!"

"Such a one must never be my enemy"

The blood and thunder fights, however pis filled the pages are, were under normal circumstances.

This is what I was talking about, Thor was holding back.

Tenebrous

intangible
cyberpathically launching Earths army of orbiting warheads to detonate on SS's heat sig.

If apocalypse can indeed do all these.....

...he still loses. surfer can do all this and more (aside from astral/psionic access, however the surfer can drain energy inherently).

People forget that heralds (and former heralds) are periphrial extensions of Galactus' power. When you're fighting a herald you're really fighting some aspect of the Power Cosmic that Galactus has given to "a lesser being."

Roldz
This is what I was talking about, Thor was holding back.
So did Surfer.. Quote from Balder " T'was just a warning shot Thunder God, he did not mean us harm." Goes to show Surfer was also holding back like he always does..

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Roldz
So did Surfer.. Quote from Balder " T'was just a warning shot Thunder God, he did not mean us harm." Goes to show Surfer was also holding back like he always does..

That statement was made after Surfer realized that Mjolnir was superior to the power cosmic and that Loki was adding to his power.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle9.jpg

There is no indication that Surfer was holding back throughout the duration of the fight. Only at that point was it ever hinted that Surfer was holding back, and this was after the greater portion of the battle.

illadelph12
Wait a minute:

people are actually now arguing that Thor is more powerful than Surfer?

What's going on around here lately???

Priest
Wait a minute:

Maybe actually, his strength plus mjinor powers rivals surfers PC.
i still think their about even in overall power.

Soujaboy
Wait a minute:

No, only that their equals, something that has been shown time and time again.

illadelph12
Tactical applications of the PC trump Mjolnir handily. Not to mention the fact that if you separate Thor from his hammer he's at a major disadvantage.

Add to that the mobility advantages and ability to alter his own mass and density, and, well...

Anyway, I'm just surprised by some of the arguments I've seen on here lately.

Never mind.

Carry on.

Soujaboy
Tactical applications of the PC trump Mjolnir handily. Not to mention the fact that if you separate Thor from his hammer he's at a major disadvantage.

Add to that the mobility advantages and ability to alter his own mass and density, and, well...

Anyway, I'm just surprised by some of the arguments I've seen on here lately.

Never mind.

Carry on.

The hammer can be easily reattained. I don't see it as much of a disadvantage as most, especially since the 60 sec enchantment was removed.

Surfer does have the major mobility advantage, but take away his board as you take away Mjolnir and Surfer's speed is very limited even if for a short while.

Didn't think it was that crazy of a statement.

We can continue the argument in the Surfer vs Thor thread?

TricksterPriest
It has been shown that you can take the hammer away with TK and via things like Magneto's magnetic control. So that's an option for Surfer.

Soujaboy
It has been shown that you can take the hammer away with TK and via things like Magneto's magnetic control. So that's an option for Surfer.

To my knowledge Mjolnir's never been taken by Tk. When Magneto did so Thor never made an attempt to call Mjolnir back, he simply continued on without it. When Surfer did so Thor simply broke the PC bubble Surfer placed around it.

swerve1988
SS struggles with hulk....APOC pwns hulk
APOC ftw easy

dvampire
Wow! This match actually went 4 pages.

don't shiv
Apocalypse Triumphant. can Surfer just die now

Evil_Ash
Apocalypse Triumphant. can Surfer just die now

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/ago.jpg

Lord S
Apocalypse Triumphant. can Surfer just die now Triumphant? According to who? You?

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.