TOA vs PRESENCE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

no_limits
From wikipedia

The Presence is a fictional comic book representation of the Abrahamic God created by Grant Morrison for the DC Universe. It is never seen or heard "on screen," but its existence and influence is felt and described by the characters within the comics (e.g. by the angel Zauriel in the JLA comics).

Who is TOA i doubt he's the God that DC's is instead i'm seen him on panel depicted as Stan Lee or another writer of some sort. please post the images of this. I am certain that the TOA is not the God displayed in christianity unless perhaps there's a chapter on the living tirbunal i haven't seen in the bible??

I want proof on panel not theory!!

lionking
theres churches in marvel so i think the christianity god may exist in marvel

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by no_limits
From wikipedia

The Presence is a fictional comic book representation of the Abrahamic God created by Grant Morrison for the DC Universe. It is never seen or heard "on screen," but its existence and influence is felt and described by the characters within the comics (e.g. by the angel Zauriel in the JLA comics).

Who is TOA i doubt he's the God that DC's is instead i'm seen him on panel depicted as Stan Lee or another writer of some sort. please post the images of this. I am certain that the TOA is not the God displayed in christianity unless perhaps there's a chapter on the living tirbunal i haven't seen in the bible??

We have concluded that DC's God is Equal to marvel's God. That is all. And this has been done to death in so many differnt ways.

guy222
Originally posted by no_limits
From wikipedia

Guy is a Lutheran/Christian. TOAA=Presence. God=God

qqqqqqq
absence>presence, but the pressence was never late for school

lionking
fair enough, I'm not debating that there not euqal, but who is the TOA??

is he on panel

guy222
Originally posted by lionking
fair enough, I'm not debating that there not euqal, but who is the TOA??

is he on panel

IMO, TOAA=God. Presence=God. They equal. There is a comic(FF), I believe that shows Lee and Kirby

Utrigita
There is a picture shown the TOAA to be jack Kirby and again Presence=TOAA

BobbyD
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
We have concluded that DC's God is Equal to marvel's God. That is all. And this has been done to death in so many differnt ways.

Indeed.

Juntai
Originally posted by Utrigita
There is a picture shown the TOAA to be jack Kirby and again Presence=TOAA True.

However, as Kirby alluded to in the comic, it's merely how they percieved the almighty to be. It's not neccisarily how he actually looks.

Symmetric Chaos

01-Eminem
MARCUS IS FAT AND HAVE AN UGLY WIFE!
He says Rick is childish, but Marcus bans him and says OWN3D... By doing that, that fatass Marcus owns himselfsmile MARCUS, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, and i will get yo banned like i did to yo account as BRHsmileand marcus becomes pissed if he cant just ban peoplewink oh, and he is so good at owning that he edits my posts on his forum, bans me, and says i am owned...

what a geeksmile lets all hate Marcussmile That fat wannabe-ownersmile

He banned Rick because he thought Rick made me spam his website..messed

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by 01-Eminem
MARCUS IS FAT AND HAVE AN UGLY WIFE!
He says Rick is childish, but Marcus bans him and says OWN3D... By doing that, that fatass Marcus owns himselfsmile MARCUS, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, and i will get yo banned like i did to yo account as BRHsmileand marcus becomes pissed if he cant just ban peoplewink oh, and he is so good at owning that he edits my posts on his forum, bans me, and says i am owned...

what a geeksmile lets all hate Marcussmile That fat wannabe-ownersmile

He banned Rick because he thought Rick made me spam his website..messed
An other Judge sock, don't worry he'll soon stop making them.

01-Eminem
You really think ya will get guy222 banned when he aint me, Thanos?wink

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by 01-Eminem
You really think ya will get guy222 banned when he aint me, Thanos?wink
Oh, I never said anything ... Besides I got proof, solid ...

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
There is a picture shown the TOAA to be jack Kirby and again Presence=TOAA Not quite.

There are scans depicting whom the F4 viewed as God.

God, (whom was never named, but is presumed to be Jack Kirby), took orders via telephone from his "Collaborator", whom was never seen, but is presumably Stan Lee/TOAA.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6721/godte6.th.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5329/toaahd8.th.jpg

So in Marvel,

Stan Lee = The Collaborator/TOAA (presumably)

Jack Kirby (presumably) = God

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Galan007
Not quite.

There are scans depicting whom the F4 viewed as God.

God, (whom was never named, but is presumed to be Jack Kirby), took orders via telephone from his "collaborator", whom was never seen, but is presumably Stan Lee.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6721/godte6.th.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5329/toaahd8.th.jpg
But isnt the one above all supose to be over God's?

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
But isnt the one above all supose to be over God's?
TOAA was never seen, so who knows whom was "Collaborating" with God? srug

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Galan007
TOAA was never seen, so who knows whom was "Collaborating" with God? srug
Hm, some see the One-Above-All as the entire staff, since they are the creators.

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Hm, some see the One-Above-All as the entire staff, since they are the creators. It very well could be.

Like I said before, who knows? srug

TOAA was never seen, so it's all speculation as to whom God was collaborating with.

Wudenko
Marvel and DC has been shown as even universes many times, so i dont see why their gods should not be even... This isnt a fight. They are even. Another easy victory to my recordlistbig grin

King Kandy
The one above all is twice as powerful as the presence. DC and Marvel are equal.

Wudenko
Based on what? Thats bullshit, King Kandy, and you know it

King Kandy
Originally posted by Wudenko
Based on what? Thats bullshit, King Kandy, and you know it
Ever heard of GEB? Equal to the presence, but not part of him?

TOAA is the sum total of Marvel. Presence is the Sum total of DC (Supposedly).

So if TOAA and the Presence are equal, then DC is >Marvel since it also contains GEB. The only way for DC/Marvel to be equal is if TOAA=2xPresence.

Wudenko
Great Evil Beast and Presence merged. And TOAA and Presence are omnipotent, omnipresence and omniscient. stalemate, identical powers. And DC just has another system, then. The gods are even. MArvel and DC has a fetish for having stronger characters than the rivalcompany, and they would NEVER allow the rivalgod to be strongerstick out tongue

King Kandy
Great Evil Beast and Presence merged.
Forgot about that. Okay, as proper,

"Presence PRIOR to being merged with GEB was half as powerful as the presence."

Wudenko
He did not became more powerful. As they merged, they just brung balance to the DC universe

King Kandy
He did not became more powerful. As they merged, they just brung balance to the DC universe
Well then where did GEBS power go?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well then where did GEBS power go?

They were flip sides of the same coin.

Wudenko
GEB and Presence where two beings of complete omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience. they were just good and evil. the fact that they kept good and evil away from each other just brung unbalance. they merged so evil and good was not seperated, but united to bring balance in form of one. No power difference. And well... GEBs power disappeared, and as Presence is the uppermax of power, besides the Brothers, he couldnt go higher in power, anywaysbig grin

Wudenko
They were flip sides of the same coin.

Thats probably the best way to describe it cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.