gerard butler to play snake in escape from new york remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king leonidas
according to a good couple of movie sites gerard butler is set to play snake plissen, in the remake of john carpenters escape from new york.

ragesRemorse
there remaking escape from new york? I take it carpenter is not behind the helm? I cant believe this, why not just make another instalment? Movies like escape from new york hold an appeal because of there sweaty grindhouse charm. This is almost as offensive to me as hearing about the evil ded remake. True, the films may benefit from a multi million dollar budget remake, but will they still produce that same charm that the originals hold? i think they should just continue the stories. Escape from new york is the type of movie that can be retold through a new installment

Dusty
No. Just, no.

The Core
If "300" does well, Gerard Butler can do whatever he wants, because people will want to see him.

Dusty
Originally posted by The Core
If "300" does well, Gerard Butler can do whatever he wants, because people will want to see him.

I won't/don't.

Wolfie
No one but Kurt Russell can be Snake. No one.

Kazenji
I heard the third movie in the franchise was going to be "Escape from earth" if it ever happens

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Wolfie
No one but Kurt Russell can be Snake. No one.

Agreed

This is getting silly now
whats next i wonder

Dusty
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Agreed

This is getting silly now
whats next i wonder

Toby Maguire as Rambo.

vintageSW77
i thought Toby Maguire as Spiderman was a bad joke as well

dave_kodak
if anyone goes to remake the Escape movies other then Escape from the news room, i will hang myself with 2 copy's of each film on VHS

ragesRemorse
I think eddie murphy should be the next snake pliskin. this way the movie studio can save money by only paying one person to play all of the terrible casting parts. I can see it now EDDIE MURPHY ... IN... jerry bruckhiemers Escape from New York. Will the eddie be able to escape his self? or will his crappy acting overtake him in the end and destroy his entire carrer, along with humanity? Or will the movie go straight to dvd and find a second life in a cult following, bringing upon the second comming? This fall Jerry Craphiemers Escape from new york, Staring Eddiie all smiles murphy

dave_kodak
no, just no!
thats so mean.

wuTa
I heard a rumor Butler's going to star in the Watchmen as well, That would be two classic tales Hollywood is going to f#ck up.

The Core
Anycrap, it's just a rumor. They haven't even written the ****ing thing, there's a no name producer and writer attatched, and Butler's "expressed interest" in it.

T.M
He was talking about this in an interview this morning while promoting 300.

jason maddox
If they do a remake of Escape from New York it will fail but they should do a re-telling of the story and make an entirely different movie. I would honestly love to see this but I doubt it will happen and there has been talks of an Evil Dead remake starring Sean William Scott

Jim Reaper
Man...bad idea. It's a classic, let it be.

Kazenji
Not sure if Gerard Butler is still doing it but i've found this

Escape From New York Remake Back On Track

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14074

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
I heard the third movie in the franchise was going to be "Escape from earth" if it ever happens

I heard it was 'escape from the movie theatre'

jinXed by JaNx
Vin Diesel could pull it off. Snake and Riddick are like the same character.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65425

and it seems Gerard Butler is no longer Snake.

Ms.Marvel
why are they remaking this movie.

Blinky
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
why are they remaking this movie.

They wanted to entirely stamp out the notion of a "Just and loving God", for good. That is the only reason they'd do a thing like this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.