Adam Warlock vs Mar-Vell (h2h)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
A h2h battle that takes place in a jungle.

Two very experienced h2h combatants.

Mar-Vell is allowed to amp his strength up too.

Who wins?

Priest
good fight, im leaning towards Warlock

Skeets
Warlock,he's a lot stronger physically.

bigbran
Originally posted by Skeets
Warlock,he's a lot stronger physically. Since when is strength everything?

Also, Mar-Vell can amp his strength up, probably past Warlock's...
Maybe?

Faceman
Mar-Vell, all the way...

Skeets
Originally posted by bigbran
Since when is strength everything?

Also, Mar-Vell can amp his strength up, probably past Warlock's...
Maybe?
I doubt it,the handbooks have Mar-vell at class 10 with amping.
Warlock's easily class 50 and up with amping.
Strength gives Warlock a real big edge considering the fact that he's just as good as Mar-vell is H2H.

bigbran
Strength gives Warlock a real big edge considering the fact that he's just as good as Mar-vell is H2H. Bah... handbooks!

Also, I'd look through my collection, but too lazy right now... Mar-Vell amped his strength up to take it to Drax.

He has also fought with Thanos back in the day, whilst Warlock got the backhand, and the spook, then death.

Faceman
Strength gives Warlock a real big edge considering the fact that he's just as good as Mar-vell is H2H. Mar-vell was class 10-15 before the metamorphoses...

bigbran
Here's a good skill feat...
These beings are as strong as Iron Man, and still, Marvel puts his hand right through them, and is beating them, while Iron Man is getting his ass handed to him.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6650/captainmarvel3208qy6.th.jpg

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/954/captainmarvel3210bz6.th.jpg

Faceman
Adam Warlock vs. (Kree) Captain Marvel?

Captain Marvel wins (60%)

Warlock wins (40%)

Dam cant remember the sight i got that from...

DigiMark007
Warlock has fought (and gotten the better of) Drax as well in a brawl situation....not even using his superior skill.

Not Thanos, obviously, but at least high-level brawlers.

This would be a good fight.

Skeets
Check Warlock's respect thread you'll change your opinion on this fight.

Look what he does to Thor,just a sample of how strong he is.
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsthor.jpg

I seen a bunch of H2H and skill feats in there to,but I'm too lazy to post them...Meh!

Faceman
I think a Mar-Vell respect thread is long over due.....

Priest

I seen a bunch of H2H feats in there to,but I'm too lazy to post them...Meh!
I think classic Warlock was just uber strong.
In his recent incarnations i doubt he'll be able to ***** thor, and brawl it out with him imo.

Skeets
Originally posted by Priest
I think classic Warlock was just uber strong.
In his recent incarnations i doubt he'll be able to ***** thor, and brawl it out with him imo.
Why not?
He even has way more powers now than back then.

bigbran

I seen a bunch of H2H and skill feats in there to,but I'm too lazy to post them...Meh! I know, I have all of his comics, and almost every appearance of his...

Plus, that was Warlock (Him) when he was stronger... by obviously a lot.

Originally posted by Faceman
I think a Mar-Vell respect thread is long over due..... I was going to do that actually... also, I was going to do a Drax respect thread...

DigiMark007
Actually, that case is made a lot of "Classic Warlock". He has literally gone through different bodies and incarnations, but there's reason to believe his current one is actually the strongest.

Pip and Gamora both commented on how he is stronger than ever when he pulled someone out of a void that was sucking everything around it into it, and he's punked Drax in a brawl and has a few random strength feats that are relatively impressive.

But because he's written as a "smart" type, not a brawler, this gets overlooked.

So maybe he wouldn't punk Thor in a brawl (Classic Warlock lost to Thor eventually btw)...but it would be closer than most think.

Skeets
I know, I have all of his comics, and almost every appearance of his...

Plus, that was Warlock (Him) when he was stronger... by obviously a lot.
Physically maybe,but that's about it.

Faceman

I was going to do that actually... also, I was going to do a Drax respect thread... A Mar-Vell respect thread would be nice, Rewmac is currently working on my new Mar-Vell sig.... eek! I owned most of the Mar-Vell comics right up to his death, and man this guy has battled everyone from Thanos to Thor, and i cant really remember the guy ever losing....

bigbran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, that case is made a lot of "Classic Warlock". He has literally gone through different bodies and incarnations, but there's reason to believe his current one is actually the strongest.

Pip and Gamora both commented on how he is stronger than ever when he pulled someone out of a void that was sucking everything around it into it, and he's punked Drax in a brawl and has a few random strength feats that are relatively impressive.

But because he's written as a "smart" type, not a brawler, this gets overlooked.

So maybe he wouldn't punk Thor in a brawl (Classic Warlock lost to Thor eventually btw)...but it would be closer than most think. Did Pip, or Gamora know Warlock when he was a nobody?
A Him?

Oh he's strong no doubt, but I really don't think he is as strong as Him.
He is smarter, more skillful, more powers, but I really doubt he is as strong as he was back then.

Priest
Why not?
He even has way more powers now than back then.
precisely, he got powered down.
but warlock is strong much stronger than marvell, i doubt Marv can throw down with Drax.

Faceman
precisly, he got powered down.
but warlock is strong much stronger thar marvell, i boubt Marv can throw down with Drax. You mean current Drax? Cause Mar-Vell defeated old Drax..

Priest
You mean current Drax? Cause Mar-Vell defeated old Drax..
im meant dumb drax, i actually ever seen Mar-vell fight Drax hand to hand.

darthgoober
I'm actually working on putting together a Mar-Vell respect thread as we speak, but I don't know how long it will be before I finish(if someone else wants to do it, I'll just add what I have to their stuff).

Anyway on this fight, Mar-Vell takes the majority(but it would be a good fight). Who's more skilled could actually go either way, and as bigbran pointed out Mar-Vell could probably amp to match Warlock's strength. What I see giving Mar-Vell the victory, is his cosmic awareness. Unlike guys like Surfer, Mar-Vell used his cosmic awareness often in the middle of battle to help him read his opponent. He was always sensing any vulnerabilities or openings his opponents had, and when the best time to strike or defend was.

bigbran
precisly, he got powered down.
but warlock is strong much stronger thar marvell, i boubt Marv can throw down with Drax. He has already... no expression

Also, another good skill/strength feat.

Cosmic kung-fu.
After Iron Man got his ass handed to him, by like three of these guys...
Mar-Vell uses his cosmic awareness to beat them all...
All of these guys are as strong as Iron Man...
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5788/captainmarvel3218fa2.th.jpg

Crushes some heads... Rick Jones gets switched before he can take them down...
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5362/captainmarvel3219zt3.th.jpg

He is stronger than 10 tons, or at least, his skill is good enough to make it look like he is stronger than about 5 Iron Man level beings... by far...

Faceman
im meant dumb drax, i actually ever seen Mar-vell fight Drax hand to hand. Yeah, they have faught like 3 times, back in the 70's Captain Mar-Vell run...

Faceman
If i remember correctly, Mar-Vell amped his strength to battle Namor....

bigbran
Yeah, they have faught like 3 times, back in the 70's Captain Mar-Vell run... He also beat Thing (well, with the help of electricity...) in h2h, before his meta-morphosis.

DigiMark007
Did Pip, or Gamora know Warlock when he was a nobody?
A Him?

Oh he's strong no doubt, but I really don't think he is as strong as Him.
He is smarter, more skillful, more powers, but I really doubt he is as strong as he was back then.

I'd agree.

The point was just that he isn't a pushover strength-wise. He's just not known for it anymore, so it gets overlooked.

Loot

guy222
A h2h battle that takes place in a jungle.

Two very experienced h2h combatants.

Mar-Vell is allowed to amp his strength up too.

Who wins?

Stalemate

bigbran
Strength gives Warlock a real big edge considering the fact that he's just as good as Mar-vell is H2H. OK, found something... interesting...
Do you think that Spider-Man could do this to Ronan and Sentry?
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4724/captainmarvel4916uf8.th.jpg

Down goes Sentry... Mar-Vell is bringing it to Ronan...
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4340/captainmarvel4917pj6.th.jpg

That's one savage class 10 beating Ronan got...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1184/captainmarvel4918om9.th.jpg

Skeets
OK, found something... interesting...

no expression

bigbran
no expression confused

Faceman
Originally, Captain Mar-Vell had no superhuman powers, although he was somewhat stronger than a human due to his advanced Kree physiology. As a species, the Kree have developed greater strength in order to combat the heavier gravity of their home worlds.

The Kree nega-bands converted Mar-Vell's psionic energy into strength (he could now lift 10 tons), a high degree of imperviousness to harm, the ability to project energy blasts, and the power to fly. They also allowed Mar-Vell to exist unprotected in outer space without having to breathe.

Dr. Benjamin Savannah's radiation treatment altered Mar-Vell genetic structure so that he could absorb solar energy and convert it to various uses, including strength. He then relied on the solar power rather than the bands for flight, and would leave a glowing trail behind him while flying.

The exact nature and scope of the "cosmic awareness" granted to Mar-Vell by Eon have never been clearly defined. Apparently it enabled him to sense the presence of beings and objects in the universe that were somehow of importance to him for whatever reason. It may be somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's spider-sense and to Mantis' awareness of psychic "vibrations," but its scope was far greater than either. In later volumes of Captain Marvel involving Genis-Vell, the power of cosmic awareness has been described as an almost immeasureable force that allows the user to know all that has occurred, all that will occur, and all that might occur anywhere in the universe. Without proper experience and a level of control, this sense of all-knowing can drive an individual insane (as it did with Genis-vell

Faceman
Soon afterwards, Mar-Vell became embroiled in battling Thanos. Infatuated with pleasing the force of Death (which had taken the form of a beautiful woman), Thanos planned to destroy all life in the universe as a sign of his devotion. Mar-Vell was teleported to the presence of the extraterrestrial being called Eon which had been created thousands of years before to watch over the evolution of superhuman beings on Earth. Eon induced Mar-Vell to reject the Kree's love of warfare entirely, and to reach inner peace. Eon then granted Mar-Vell a psionic ability called "cosmic awareness", and designated him as "Protector of the Universe". Thanks to these changes in himself, Captain Mar-Vell became the primary force in bringing about Thanos's defeat.

draxx_tOfU
warlock...

dude brawled with warrior madness thor while using some of his powers to hold down sif and balder all at the same time...

bigbran
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
warlock...

dude brawled with warrior madness thor while using some of his powers to hold down sif and balder all at the same time... So... this is actually Him then?

leonidas
OK, found something... interesting...

i don't know -- you think mar-vell could put a beat down on firelord . . .?

shifty

this is a pretty close fight. mar-vell's skill is prolly higher than warlock's, but i'd say adam was stronger overall. when cm matched drax, drax was only cl40, don't forget -- and yeah, i saw the 'planet-busting fight' with thanos. doesn't change my mind i'm afraid . . .

ronan was also much less back then also.

amping to say cl50 is likely about as high as he gets (that would be high enough, given his skill, to beat ben).

i agree -- cosmic awareness would be the difference in this fight. that, and mar-vell's warrior attitude that made him one of the greatest ever.

in straight h2h, i'd say 7/10 mar-vell.

draxx_tOfU
what does cosmic awareness actually do aside from sensing disturbances in the universe?

how does it actually help you in hand to hand?

warlock has gone from brawling against bigger and stronger guys than him to taking over a whole spaceship using just stealth and martial arts...

he may even be superior to gamora...i think... embarrasment

Ethereal
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm actually working on putting together a Mar-Vell respect thread as we speak, but I don't know how long it will be before I finish(if someone else wants to do it, I'll just add what I have to their stuff).

Anyway on this fight, Mar-Vell takes the majority(but it would be a good fight). Who's more skilled could actually go either way, and as bigbran pointed out Mar-Vell could probably amp to match Warlock's strength. What I see giving Mar-Vell the victory, is his cosmic awareness. Unlike guys like Surfer, Mar-Vell used his cosmic awareness often in the middle of battle to help him read his opponent. He was always sensing any vulnerabilities or openings his opponents had, and when the best time to strike or defend was.

Mar-Vell's cosmic awareness will do little to read Warlock. Eon's Cosmic Awareness gives the wielder universal knowledge.

Warlock is outside destiny, inexplicable apart form this universe as Thanos stated, - beyond the reaches of chaos and order.

darthgoober
what does cosmic awareness actually do aside from sensing disturbances in the universe?

how does it actually help you in hand to hand?

warlock has gone from brawling against bigger and stronger guys than him to taking over a whole spaceship using just stealth and martial arts...

he may even be superior to gamora...i think... embarrasment
Most characters don't use CA to help them in the midst of battle, however Mar-Vell DID(quite often in fact). He used it to do things like locate openings in his opponents defenses, which maximized the efficiency of his attacks(which is why he was a class 10 who was capable of knocking around class 100+).

darthgoober
Originally posted by Ethereal
Mar-Vell's cosmic awareness will do little to read Warlock. Eon's Cosmic Awareness gives the wielder universal knowledge.

Warlock is outside destiny, inexplicable apart form this universe as Thanos stated, - beyond the reaches of chaos and order.
But Warlock ISN'T beyond Mar-Vell's type of CA. This was best demonstrated when Genis(Mar-Vell's son) was able to use his CA against the Magus, who shares Warlock's status of being outside of Destiny.

draxx_tOfU
Most characters don't use CA to help them in the midst of battle, however Mar-Vell DID(quite often in fact). He used it to do things like locate openings in his opponents defenses, which maximized the efficiency of his attacks(which is why he was a class 10 who was capable of knocking around class 100+).

cool...

my question though is, can someone who posseses "cosmic awareness" affect someone who is outside the loop of destiny and time?

seeing as how even eternity himself is stumped when it comes to adam's machinations...

draxx_tOfU
But Warlock ISN'T beyond Mar-Vell's type of CA. This was best demonstrated when Genis(Mar-Vell's son) was able to use his CA against the Magus, who shares Warlock's status of being outside of Destiny.

yikes! didnt read this... stick out tongue

how did he use it against magus? was the battle h2h?

darthgoober
cool...

my question though is, can someone who posseses "cosmic awareness" affect someone who is outside the loop of destiny and time?

seeing as how even eternity himself is stumped when it comes to adam's machinations...
It wouldn't be useful if he was trying to utilize it to sense what Warlock was LIKELY to do, because that's impossible to accomplish when your talking about Warlock.

However, there's nothing to stop him from sensing what exactly Warlock IS doing(which requires no knowledge of possible future events). So he would still know when Warlock had a hole in his defenses RIGHT THEN.

darthgoober
yikes! didnt read this... stick out tongue

how did he use it against magus? was the battle h2h?
It wasn't in battle, but Genis WAS able to sense the Magus when he thought to use his CA to find out what was up with the situation. Here's the encounter I'm talking about...

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1533/captainmarveliii19p10jc9.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8946/captainmarveliii19p11ov1.jpg

So Magus was able to hide himself at first(before Genis thought to use his CA), but once he did it picked him up just fine. Since Mar-Vell would know that he's involved in a h2h fight with Warlock, he'll be using it the entire time.

draxx_tOfU
It wasn't in battle, but Genis WAS able to sense the Magus when he thought to use his CA to find out what was up with the situation.

cool...

but im not really not sure if indeed the magus shares warlock's unique role...

remember that warlock is outside Chaos and Order's influence because he destroyed his own future, hence nothing is written of his tomorrow...

which is also one of the reasons why nebula with the IG could'nt even see him...

so, i am particularly at a loss at what genis did to magus...

maybe they(warlock and magus) dont share the same fate?

darthgoober
cool...

but im not really not sure if indeed the magus shares warlock's unique role...

remember that warlock is outside Chaos and Order's influence because he destroyed his own future, hence nothing is written of his tomorrow...

which is also one of the reasons why nebula with the IG could'nt even see him...

so, i am particularly at a loss at what genis did to magus...

maybe they(warlock and magus) dont share the same fate?
Nope, that's been covered too by Order and Chaos. See, both the current Magus and the Goddess where both created AFTER Warlock was thrown outside of destiny's loop, therefor both are inherently outside of that loop also.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2626/warlockchronicles203rq4.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3383/goddesswarlockre7.jpg
The Magus is just as much a part of Warlock as the Goddess is, therefor he shares in Warlocks being outside of destiny just as she does.

draxx_tOfU
agreed, though it's pretty much ambivalent as to how someone with the IG failed to see warlock, and then we see genis sensing magus...

darthgoober
agreed, though it's pretty much ambivalent as to how someone with the IG failed to see warlock, and then we see genis sensing magus...
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she wasn't looking for him. See, she sensed that Thanos and company would be coming before it happened, however since Warlock has no future, she didn't pick him up initially so she didn't think to examine further. Don't forget, Magus had Genis fooled UNTIL Genis decided to investigate.

draxx_tOfU
so if they indeed fought hand to hand, and let's say warlock isnt impersonating anybody, how will the "cosmic awareness" come into play...

dvampire
Warlock. Mar-Vell gets his butt kicked to much IMO.

darthgoober
so if they indeed fought hand to hand, and let's say warlock isnt impersonating anybody, how will the "cosmic awareness" come into play...
Wait for some reason I was thinking that Mar-Vell was allowed to use his CA for this fight? If not, then I see Warlock taking it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.