thanos vs current silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
is current surfer powerful enough now to hang with skyfarther level beings

guy222
Originally posted by lionking
is current surfer powerful enough now to hang with skyfarther level beings

Possibly

bigbran
Originally posted by lionking
is current surfer powerful enough now to hang with skyfarther level beings No... next.

Soljer
No.

Oh, and Thanos isn't skyfather.

At least, last we saw him in action he wasn't. Who knows how powerful he may or may not be as Death's Consort.

King_Mungi
Well in Annihilation, a weakened and drained Silver Surfer who could bearly stand matched Thanos power output to free Galactus.

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well in Annihilation, a weakened and drained Silver Surfer who could bearly stand matched Thanos power output to free Galactus.

I'm aware. Hell, I'm the one that posted that feat in his respect thread.

Doesn't mean I honestly think he could match Thanos. So far, he's done NOTHING to make me believe he wouldn't still get punked by Thanos as he has every time they've come to blows in the past.

Well...except for that one time...shifty .

King_Mungi
I never even seen you post the feat, as I have the comic myself. Also that's a strong indication the tables may have turned in Surfer's favor. However, like you said new Surfer hasn't done much yet.

bigbran
I never even seen you post the feat, as I have the comic myself. Also that's a strong indication the tables may have turned in Surfer's favor. However, like you said new Surfer hasn't done much yet. We don't even know how much effort it would take Thanos to work it...

Ethereal
Thanos durability is still better than Surfer's.

bigbran
Originally posted by Ethereal
Thanos durability is still better than Surfer's. Strength... raw power output until I see more (actually... I shouldn't even have doubts about that)... too!

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
We don't even know how much effort it would take Thanos to work it...

Exactly. We don't know if Thanos could hit power levels like those in his sleep, while the Surfer had to pump himself to do so, or whether that's Thanos' maximum output.

It's a good feat, no doubt, but it's ambiguous.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by bigbran
We don't even know how much effort it would take Thanos to work it...

It would have to be quite abit considering the other members of the Annihilation Wave

dvampire
Like Thor, I give Thanos the majority over Surfer.

Loot
It would have to be quite abit considering the other members of the Annihilation Wave

i agree, it was a formidable feat.
i think its possible, but we still have to wait to see how much more power he has gained.

golem370
Until Silver Surfer stands toe to toe with Odin he gets beat easily

Nikkolas
Everyone knows Thanos' power output is not in proportion to his durability...

And, apologies, but I don't think Odin "multipe fights where galaxies were destroyed" was applying more force to the fight with Thanos than he was with SS.

It simply took more of that force to take out Thanos because his durability is rather sick.

But, please, don't even think Thanos can go toe-to-toe with someone like Odin.

That's just wrong on a Biblical level.

golem370
Well If you read it Odin said he hadn't been in a fight like the one with Thanos in eons

golem370
Don't think he can't

Nikkolas
Well, I don't know exactly when Odin had all his galaxy-destroying fights and when he fought Thanos, but if they were less than "eons" apart, I have a few reasons to explain that:
a) Odin was suffering from mental instability from old age.
b) The writer sucked... was it Starlin?

Nikkolas
How about Annihilation Surfer vs. Original Thanos with no upgrades from Death?

Juntai
I'm riding with Thanos.

Priest
Thanos.

bigbran
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well, I don't know exactly when Odin had all his galaxy-destroying fights and when he fought Thanos, but if they were less than "eons" apart, I have a few reasons to explain that:
a) Odin was suffering from mental instability from old age.
b) The writer sucked... was it Starlin? The Odin/Set fight was after his Thanos fight...

Yes... because he destroyed galaxies after he fought Thanos... the writer must have sucked... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Everyone knows Thanos' power output is not in proportion to his durability...

And, apologies, but I don't think Odin "multipe fights where galaxies were destroyed" was applying more force to the fight with Thanos than he was with SS.

It simply took more of that force to take out Thanos because his durability is rather sick.

But, please, don't even think Thanos can go toe-to-toe with someone like Odin.

That's just wrong on a Biblical level. And everyone knows that Thanos has 10x more powerful blasts than Surfer... don't they?

juggernaut66666
Thanos would have a 2nd herald.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.