DC Power Team versus Marvel Power Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
DC Team:

Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (Hal), Captain Marvel (SHAZAM), and Wonder Woman

versus

Marvel Team:

Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and Hulk

Fight takes place on a barren, rocky planet. No BFRs or transmutations allowed.

xmeat
marvel hands time a little bit more raw power.

Martian_mind
Dc....

Hal stalemates Surfer whilst Wonder Woman blitzes Hulk,Jonn stalemates/mindrapes Gladiator and Cap and Sues Stalemate Thor and Bill until Wonder Woman arrives to help,then they or either gank Gladiator,or if Jonn has already pwned him,Gank surfer.

Hulk is the weak link in a fight like this.

xmeat
huc can take ww
gladiator sure as hell takes j'onn
surfer transmutes kryptonite to keep supes out of the fight while he beats hals ass.
Thor and bil use lightning to turn billy back into the punk kid.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by xmeat
huc can take ww
gladiator sure as hell takes j'onn
surfer transmutes kryptonite to keep supes out of the fight while he beats hals ass.
Thor and bil use lightning to turn billy back into the punk kid.

Right.......Hulk can't touch Wonder Woman,she's to fast.

Superman is no longer affected by Kryptonite to any real dgree.

Gladiator can't touch Jonn....

Bill and Marvel will have their hands full,WW mops up Hulk,then they clean up the rest.

Soljer
The Surfer is definitely the strongest single link in this thread...

I'm just not sure if it's enough to make up for the Hulk's weak link. erm.

xmeat
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Right.......Hulk can't touch Wonder Woman,she's to fast.

Superman is no longer affected by Kryptonite to any real dgree.

Gladiator can't touch Jonn....

Bill and Marvel will have their hands full,WW mops up Hulk,then they clean up the rest. laughing laughing wonder woman beating huc first off he's far more durable plus his healing powers she couldn't ko him. Thunderclap is can also stop her since its temporarily slowed people more powerful than her huc spanks her ass.
Glad is far faster than j'onn and has battled tyrant and crushed planets with his fist.

xmeat
Originally posted by Soljer
The Surfer is definitely the strongest single link in this thread...

I'm just not sure if it's enough to make up for the Hulk's weak link. erm. yeah to someone who knows nothing about huc roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
yeah to someone who knows nothing about huc roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've forgotten more about comics than you'd be able to learn in a lifetime.

But I sure as hell don't know who the 'huc' is.

bigbran
laughing laughing wonder woman beating huc first off he's far more durable plus his healing powers she couldn't ko him. Thunderclap is can also stop her since its temporarily slowed people more powerful than her huc spanks her ass.
Glad is far faster than j'onn and has battled tyrant and crushed planets with his fist. WW can go light speed... thunderclap... well, it does what it says...

He got his ass kicked by Tyrant... same as Beta, and Surfer.

Also, how come when I mention Thanos battling Tyrant, it gets ignored?

yeah to someone who knows nothing about huc roll eyes (sarcastic) Relax sparky, not everything is about power.

Everyone in this thread can fly. Everyone in this thread can go multiple times light speed... Hulk unfortunately can't do either.

Which automatically makes him the weak link, when he can't fight as fast, or keep up, or even hit his opponents.

Weak link, has nothing to do with his strength, or his duribility like you think.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
I've forgotten more about comics than you'd be able to learn in a lifetime.

But I sure as hell don't know who the 'huc' is.

Strengthwise, Huc is the strongest below skyfather-level character of either DC or Marvel.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
DC Team:

Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (Hal), Captain Marvel (SHAZAM), and Wonder Woman

versus

Marvel Team:

Marvel

lionking
NO LIMITS not lion king

superman one million wud hammer the marvel time by himself and it wud last as long as he desired

he'd tax that ass

janus77
Surfer takes out Wonder Woman, while Hulk keeps Green Lantern busy, then Surfer goes about helping each of the others beat their opponents.

Green Lantern will be concentrating on containing The Hulk, which is just about all he'll be able to do, as Hulk won't die or get ko'd too quickly (and Surfer should be able to deal with WW very fast).

after WW, Surfer would be best used against Superman, because Thor's not going to be able to deal with Superman's speed for too long. Surfer debilitates Superman, cripples him enough so that Thor can whack him with Mjolnir and that's 2 down 3 to go.

Surfer goes to aid Gladiator fight MM, whilst Thor launches an attack on Marvel, alongside BB.

4 down, 1 to go.
the lot just look at Hal, angrily. Hal looses all bladder control and an incredibly pissed off Hulk smashes out of his construct and tears him in two.

Draco69
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer takes out Wonder Woman, while Hulk keeps Green Lantern busy, then Surfer goes about helping each of the others beat their opponents.

Green Lantern will be concentrating on containing The Hulk, which is just about all he'll be able to do, as Hulk won't die or get ko'd too quickly (and Surfer should be able to deal with WW very fast).

after WW, Surfer would be best used against Superman, because Thor's not going to be able to deal with Superman's speed for too long. Surfer debilitates Superman, cripples him enough so that Thor can whack him with Mjolnir and that's 2 down 3 to go.

Surfer goes to aid Gladiator fight MM, whilst Thor launches an attack on Marvel, alongside BB.

4 down, 1 to go.
the lot just look at Hal, angrily. Hal looses all bladder control and an incredibly pissed off Hulk smashes out of his construct and tears him in two.

The Hulk will NOT keep Lantern busy. GL will immediately go for Surfer as his ring will identify him as the biggest threat.

GL can easily deal with Hulk by sucking the gamma radiation out of him.

lionking
surfer beats the whole team with a planet destroying blast which leaves team helpless

janus77
fine, then Thor goes after GL.
Hulk lets Marvel or MM waste their time hitting him.

the point is to let Surfer wipe out one of the weaker opponents so as to tip the balance smile

dvampire
Team DC wins.

Draco69
Originally posted by janus77
fine, then Thor goes after GL.
Hulk lets Marvel or MM waste their time hitting him.

the point is to let Surfer wipe out one of the weaker opponents so as to tip the balance smile

Marvel or MM would decimate Hulk.

Hulk IS the weakest opponent on this thread. Hell, Team DC would probably decide it's best to leave him alone and focus on the others since A) Hulk can't fly and B) He's just a brick. That's it. The battle will take place across the sky and in various locations per second. Hulk simply can't keep up.

Hulk is a non-factor. It's really 4 vs. 5.

Draco69
Originally posted by lionking
surfer beats the whole team with a planet destroying blast which leaves team helpless

GL can blow up planets. Once he did it accidently....

Validus
Team DC. Hulk's a b'tch, yadda yadda.

spetznaz
The weak link in the Marvel team is the Hulk (to be honest he has no analogue in the DC team ....every member on the DC side is either more powerful than the Hulk, has more varied powers, or has a power set that makes it impossible for the Hulk to land even a single punch. The Hulk is immediately a non-factor in the fight .....unless the DC side is dumb enough to stand toe-to-toe and engage in a punching match).

However the Marvel side has the Surfer. In a KMC match the SS would be a very formidable opponent (the power cosmic is like the speed force .....ANYTHING can be attributed to it). Although Hal is in the match as well, and Oan energy can also (and has) have a des ex machina effect.

However then we have BRB and Thor ....normally they are written as hammer throwing berserkers who would rather punch and pound instead of using the inherent powers of Mjolnir and Stormbreaker ....but this is a KMC match. The total use of Asgardian power may actually have a significant effect on this match (which means that the two would be fighting as they SHOULD not as they are normally written).

Anyways .....for now I am leaning more towards the Marvel team, although the DC team could also get their fair share of wins.

The one thing I am certain about is this .....the Hulk is 100% absolutely useless in this match. Too slow, cannot fly, and his only engagement-effect capability is punches/slaps. Totally useless.

Skeets
Everyone else sucks... especially Validus.. Who cares about Validus... Validus is an Ahooo look at this! I like this

xmeat
Originally posted by Draco69
Marvel or MM would decimate Hulk.

Hulk IS the weakest opponent on this thread. Hell, Team DC would probably decide it's best to leave him alone and focus on the others since A) Hulk can't fly and B) He's just a brick. That's it. The battle will take place across the sky and in various locations per second. Hulk simply can't keep up.

Hulk is a non-factor. It's really 4 vs. 5. spoken like a true huc hater huc is anything but a non factor you think team dc will just look at huc and say he's weak then your on crack.
Huc would be a very big help for team marvel his leap abilities would help him alot as well.

Validus
Originally posted by spetznaz
The weak link in the Marvel team is the Hulk (to be honest he has no analogue in the DC team ....every member on the DC side is either more powerful than the Hulk, has more varied powers, or has a power set that makes it impossible for the Hulk to land even a single punch. The Hulk is immediately a non-factor in the fight .....unless the DC side is dumb enough to stand toe-to-toe and engage in a punching match).

However the Marvel side has the Surfer. In a KMC match the SS would be a very formidable opponent (the power cosmic is like the speed force .....ANYTHING can be attributed to it). Although Hal is in the match as well, and Oan energy can also (and has) have a des ex machina effect.

However then we have BRB and Thor ....normally they are written as hammer throwing berserkers who would rather punch and pound instead of using the inherent powers of Mjolnir and Stormbreaker ....but this is a KMC match. The total use of Asgardian power may actually have a significant effect on this match (which means that the two would be fighting as they SHOULD not as they are normally written).

Anyways .....for now I am leaning more towards the Marvel team, although the DC team could also get their fair share of wins.

The one thing I am certain about is this .....the Hulk is 100% absolutely useless in this match. Too slow, cannot fly, and his only engagement-effect capability is punches/slaps. Totally useless.
Agree 100%. Hulk being there makes me lean towards DC team but the Marvel team has the general plot device edge with the PC and hammers. Hal and Surfer will stalemate all day as I see it and then it just comes down to how they handle the hammers. Could go either way.

spetznaz
spoken like a true huc hater huc is anything but a non factor you think team dc will just look at huc and say he's weak then your on crack.
Huc would be a very big help for team marvel his leap abilities would help him alot as well.

Please explain how the Hulk's jumping ability can tag ANY character on the DC side.

Please.

Martian_mind
Hulk is a non-factor in this battle,and yesThe DC team can just ignore him.

Now Thor and Bill would be a highly formidable team,however the thread stipulates no BFR,so thats one avenue of attack completely cut off.

So we have Hulk on the ground whilst Bill and Thor battle WW,CM and Superman,who have a MASSIVE speed advantage.It is arguable that they have the reflexes to fight 1,but they won't be able to handle two.

afterwards the battle between Jonn and Gladiator will inevitably be solved with Jonn winning,due to aid or just versatility.GL is more then capable of fending off Surfer in this time,as the first part of the match would have occured at superspeed.

Surfers good,but not good enough to take GL,WW,Supes,CM and Jonn.

xmeat
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hulk is a non-factor in this battle,and yesThe DC team can just ignore him.

Now Thor and Bill would be a highly formidable team,however the thread stipulates no BFR,so thats one avenue of attack completely cut off.

So we have Hulk on the ground whilst Bill and Thor battle WW,CM and Superman,who have a MASSIVE speed advantage.It is arguable that they have the reflexes to fight 1,but they won't be able to handle two.

afterwards the battle between Jonn and Gladiator will inevitably be solved with Jonn winning,due to aid or just versatility.GL is more then capable of fending off Surfer in this time,as the first part of the match would have occured at superspeed.

Surfers good,but not good enough to take GL,WW,Supes,CM and Jonn. actually surfer is. Huc can take ww or supes people slower than them all the time tag them so huc would be be good enforcer thor could teleport Gl to hell blast billy to a kid, Glad decimates j'onn with just raw power.

spetznaz
actually surfer is. Huc can take ww or supes people slower than them all the time tag them so huc would be be good enforcer thor could teleport Gl to hell blast billy to a kid, Glad decimates j'onn with just raw power.

I am still waiting for an explanation on how the Hulk's jumping ability would enable him to tag ANY of the characters on the DC side.

Please explain.

Also remember one of the things that differentiate KMC from many of the forums out there ....the KMC rules, particularly the essence of characters not jobbing, no PIS/CIS etc.

That means that a character like MM or Superman would be using their full potential (read: they will not walk up to the Hulk and start trading punches, BUT will instead use their full sets of powers).

Thus my question stands ....please tell me how the Hulk would be able to tag ANY character in the DC team (take your pick ....it doesn't have to be the fastest ....take the 'slowest' character in the DC team if that makes it easier. Although the slowest character would still be several million times faster than the Hulk).

So ...please explain to me how the Hulk would be able to tag ANY character on the DC side. I'm willing to wait (and I am sure other members will want to see your ....erm .....'reasoning')

P.S: By the way this fight (under KMC rules) would happen so fast that it would be over before the Hulk realized what happened. With all the characters going all-out, the only match that would take time would be that between the Surfer and Hal (since they would largely cancel each other out, particularly if you compare the potential of Oan energy and the Power Cosmic).
All the other characters would be whizzing and fighting and dumping energy so fast that it would be over before it even began (both DC and Marvel have characters that can go fast ....well, that is if you discount the Hulk).

Anyways ....still waiting for your explanation.
If you have one, that is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by masterbruce
DC Team:

versus

Marvel Team:

I was about to say stalemate. Cuz hulk is useless and Surfer zaps superman with red sunlight and kryptonite thus evening the field. But then I saw Shazam in the battle. WTF. Curb stomp in DC's favor. Teh Uber magical user will pwn Gladiator and surfer easily while WW, MM, and Hal beat the pants off of BRB and Thor.

masterbruce
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I was about to say stalemate. Cuz hulk is useless and Surfer zaps superman with red sunlight and kryptonite thus evening the field. But then I saw Shazam in the battle. WTF. Curb stomp in DC's favor. Teh Uber magical user will pwn Gladiator and surfer easily while WW, MM, and Hal beat the pants off of BRB and Thor.

The SHAZAM i have in mind is the guy that turns into a kid, not some wizard.

D-Block
Good Thread but it would be better with Sentry instead of Hulk since he could keep up.

masterbruce
Originally posted by D-Block
Good Thread but it would be better with Sentry instead of Hulk since he could keep up.

I deliberately put Hulk in rather than someone like Sentry or Drax or Blackbolt.

I felt that would've tipped the scales too much in Marvel's favor, so I gave them a weak link, if Hulk could ever be called a weak link.

I felt the way I made the two teams, each team has certain advantages and can win this fight rather than an overwhelming onesided slaughter.

xmeat
huc isn't a weak link he caught many high speed fliers before.

Priest
Marvel still has way more versatility imo. also Gladiator is physically the powerfulest brick out of all the combatants.
Marvel may win even with the disadvantage of having the hulk.

lionking
surfer turns them in to thin air

nothing matches his cosmic power wink cool cool

nvrbeenwthagirl
surfer turns them in to thin air

nothing matches his cosmic power wink cool cool

Except Oan energy wielded by one of the best Gl's ever.

jollyjim311
Hulk is killed by misdirected or dodged blasts of intense energy.

His only possible use would be for Gladiator or someone to physically place him on Wonder Woman and maybe be a small nuisance... like a paper weight.

I think Surfer could take GL after a tough fight and probably tip the scales...

Still, tough match.

lionking
Surfer could take GL when he was depowered. but now that he has all his powers back and more he could tear the team apart.

xmeat
huc would be a great help for tor and and beta rat bob.

juggernaut66666
huc would be a great help for tor and and beta rat bob.
Beta Ray Bob?
crylaugh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer could take GL when he was depowered. but now that he has all his powers back and more he could tear the team apart.

IMO surfer couldn't take GL when he was depowered. His feats weren't nearly as impressive as hal's. remember ALl of hal's feats including precrisis count becuz the rings didn't change. And we'll see what feats this new surfer has once he actually does something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.