Spiderman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
It looks good. I liked part one but passed on 2. This one'll be on the 360. I might get it if the demo persuades enough me too.

MadMel
hope the new wii demo thing has this big grin
it looks awesome..

Kazenji
I passed on the First one but played the second one its pretty good how it uses the GTA system for it so you can explore the city

jon84
Yeah the game looks pretty sweet. Any word on a PSP version?

Morridini
You might want to check out teh thread in the Spidey section: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/441927_1-spider-man-3-game

Maestro
I heard there's 26 miles of in-game sewers in the game lol

G U I T A R
Originally posted by Maestro
I heard there's 26 miles of in-game sewers in the game lol

Holy SH Happy Dance T

MadMel

woah!
jawdrop

MadMel
err...
does anyone know if this is being released the same time as the movie or not??
edit - nvm may 4 us and europe
supose thats about the same time for australia too

AstroFan
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It looks good. I liked part one but passed on 2. This one'll be on the 360. I might get it if the demo persuades enough me too.

Wow, you got that ass backwards. stick out tongue

2 was great, I want to check this one out on 360 and Wii.

MadMel
its out pretty damn soon too big grin

Alpha Centauri
If the only new thing they've added is underground sections, I won't enjoy it.

-AC

Skeets
Being the Spider-man fan I am I'll probably pick it up.
The second one was great,only thing I hated was the lack of missions and villains.

The swinging was flawless in part 2,loved it.

Tha C-Master
Yea, it was good despite it's repitition.

K.Diddy
Spiderman 1 was way too short and sucked ass

InnerRise
I loved the Original Spider-Man.

I never got the Electroshock one.

The first one that had the Green Goblin in it, really sucked.

The one for the Playstation 2 with the San Andreas type of Sandbox City with the great swinging was good in the beginning, then got very repititious and I just lost interest and didn't bother to finish.

I didn't really even know about this Spider-Man 3 Game until just recently and have no idea where it came from and have no intention of getting it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Alpha Centauri
The reason people get bored of the swinging is because, for some retarded reason, they buy these games so they can experience "freedom".

I didn't buy the game and swing around until I got bored, I bought it, did the missions and now I still go back and swing around for fun because I haven't burned it out.

Besides, you have more "freedom" in Spider-Man 2 than GTA. Not that it's really freedom.

-AC

InnerRise
Well I'm not particularly a fan of Grand Theft Auto and just to clarify, I didn't buy the game for the reasons you stated.

AstroFan
I picked up the 360 version yesterday, its getting rather crappy reviews, but im loving it.

Swinging is still amazing. Camera is easily the biggest issue, but the bigger fights can be very trial and error as you die and try again.

The interactive cutscenes(imagine RE4) are awesome, it adds a great cinematic element and are just cool to watch. The graphics are great, but the spidey model is nowhere close to the oriiginal teaser that said "actual ingame model". lol

Rewmac
I will get it of course...As soon as I got the money.

Estacado
I will get it as soon as they repair my 360. mad

MadMel
laughing out loud
i mean, sorry
ok im gonna see the movie 2day....dunno wether ill buy the game or not sad

AstroFan
Originally posted by Estacado
I will get it as soon as they repair my 360. mad

Good luck, I sent mine back 4 times, they havent fixed it yet, and they refused to give me a new one. I just bought an Elite after getting sick of things. erm

((The_Anomaly))
Has anyone played the Wii version yet? And if so how is it?

Impediment
I got the PS3 version and I like it a lot so far. I'm loving the freedom to swing, the graphics and cutscenes, and the voice acting is actually good.

AstroFan
You get the collectors edition where you could play as the Goblin?

Impediment
Yep. It's nothing special, IMO, though.

H. S. 6
I bought the game yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it. I was pleasantly surprised by the graphics (really, really good) after watching videos of the game that didn't look so great.

Estacado
Honestly I hate IGN they always do crap rewritings on games and try to downgrade them while most of them are good actually.Like IGN gave the game 6/10 rating.

FistOfThe North
I like Spiderman 3. I absolutely ove the swinging. I was hoping Activision would do a good job on that, and they did.

Some of the bosses seem hard as hell at first with not really knowing how to exactly beat them until after a few times. (especially that axe-weilding boss at the docks).

I love running up buildings, triple front flipping onto the roof, sprinting and high jumping off skyscrapers and diving str8 into the cars below and at the last possible second start swinging again. Sometimes i'll jump off skyscrapers and dive right into the water. I do all these dives while 360'ing the camera. Cool sh*t.

General G
I am considering on getting this game, I watched the movie and thought it was awesome, I played the first Spiderman for the xbox and thought it was absolutely terrible, I played the second and actually liked it. I will probably rent first.

xNIXSONx
i rented this, im still waiting to get the damn symbiote suit!!

beat lizard, beat scorpion, beat apocalypse gang, beat mad bomber, beat bugle missions, beat mj thrillrides, the only thing appearing on my map is dragon tail pt 2. so does anyone know when the symbiote kiks in?

Kento
You have to beat the Dragon Tails missions and all the other missions then you'll see one for Sandman. Cutscene will get you symbiote suit while you're asleep then you fight Sandman. I just got the suit.

MadMel
I like Spiderman 3. I absolutely ove the swinging. I was hoping Activision would do a good job on that, and they did.

Some of the bosses seem hard as hell at first with not really knowing how to exactly beat them until after a few times. (especially that axe-weilding boss at the docks).

I love running up buildings, triple front flipping onto the roof, sprinting and high jumping off skyscrapers and diving str8 into the cars below and at the last possible second start swinging again. Sometimes i'll jump off skyscrapers and dive right into the water. I do all these dives while 360'ing the camera. Cool sh*t.
ok thats it im getting the wii version laughing out loud

Rewmac
I just bought the 360 version...Hmm...Gotta say I love it...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Kento
You have to beat the Dragon Tails missions and all the other missions then you'll see one for Sandman. Cutscene will get you symbiote suit while you're asleep then you fight Sandman. I just got the suit.

just lost against sandman, so what villains do i get to face with the black suit?

Sandman, Kingpin, Kraven...who else?

Rewmac
Morbius?? He is in the ps2 version so no reason why he shouldn't be on the 360. Or??

Estacado
I like this game!

Rewmac
Do I have to complete Mary Jane missions? Or they are like challanges that I don't have to do only optional?

xNIXSONx
not sure, but i finished the thrillride missions

Rewmac
Alright. I finished them all so the problem is solved.

FistOfThe North
I beat the Apocalypse but I'm still on the Arsenic candy part. I swing around more than play the actually game, love it, but I'll get into the game now..

Haven't got the black suit yet. Everytime i beat a level I always check to see if i finally got it on the option screen but it says "not yet" or something. Sucks. He's probably faster and more agile. Can't wait.

FistOfThe North
360 "Spiderman 3" reminds me of 360 "Superman Returns". I have 'em and love 'em both.

xNIXSONx
I beat the Apocalypse but I'm still on the Arsenic candy part. I swing around more than play the actually game, love it, but I'll get into the game now..

Haven't got the black suit yet. Everytime i beat a level I always check to see if i finally got it on the option screen but it says "not yet" or something. Sucks. He's probably faster and more agile. Can't wait.

i still got some Arsenic Candy to beat, and some Dragon Tail to beat (weirddd gangs in new york lol) I gotta beat Kraven too.

The black suit is pretty cool, you look cool, somewhat faster and different style combat like wider range hits

Estacado
The Sandman fight is awesome exactly like in the movie.

xNIXSONx
The Sandman fight is awesome exactly like in the movie.

lol yeah it was pretty cool

Estacado
Also the black suit is drool.

General G
Replying to a comment before, do you have to keep checking before you can get the black suit, so if you forget to check you can't use it or something?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by General G
Replying to a comment before, do you have to keep checking before you can get the black suit, so if you forget to check you can't use it or something?

dont check for the black suit avaliability in the menues, once you get it, itll be on you, i havent really tried to take it off yet though.

Estacado
After you beat the game it will be unlocked for the freeplay aswell and you will be able to switch between the suits.

I just beat Lizard....

Estacado
After you beat the story you will unlock the black suit but it will count as a 2nd character so you will have to re-do the missions if you choose to play withit.

Raven Guardia

I saw a preview for this game when I went to see the movie. It looks like an awesome game. I think I am gonna rent it from the video store first before buying a version for my PS2 to see if I actually like it or not.

SaTsuJiN
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1930/paze5.jpg

JacopeX
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1930/paze5.jpg The awesomeness of the game really got to him. wink

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by JacopeX
The awesomeness of the game really got to him. wink

I hope so... cool

MadMel
After you beat the game it will be unlocked for the freeplay aswell and you will be able to switch between the suits.

I just beat Lizard....
you get that for the wii version free big grin

FistOfThe North
I've decided to embark upon a "Spiderman 3 the game" marathon through this whole weekend. I'm gonna play as long as i can this weekend, concentrating on nothing but the missions now, instead of just mostly swinging around but question, i need help with this lizard in an alley way that's frustrating the hell outta me..

When I get to close to him, he dives into a sewer manhole and i lose the mission, WT hell...I've tried to approach him from every angle, and nothing. The same thing with the statues on the street crap..

Need assistance..

Estacado
I think you have to take photos of the lizard 1st.

General G
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
dont check for the black suit avaliability in the menues, once you get it, itll be on you, i havent really tried to take it off yet though.

Alright, good and how are the controls?

I will probably be buying this game this Sunday.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1930/paze5.jpg

laughing

Rewmac
I like the Black Suit combos they are awesome...

FistOfThe North
I think you have to take photos of the lizard 1st.

Hmm.. I'll try that.

Thanks.

InnerRise
Yeah, I agree with Satsujin sort of. I was thinking of buying this game just b/c I have some extra money and we're getting right into the usual summer drout of games and b/c I purchased the past Spiderman games except for Electro.

But from what I've read, this game supposedly is bad. It does some good things but for each good thing, it does like 2 bad things or some ratio like that.

Not to mention the swinging in SPiderman 2 wore me out, so it doesn't amaze me anymore and isn't that enticing of a factor to buy this game.

So yeah. I won't be getting this game.

Rewmac
Originally posted by InnerRise
Yeah, I agree with Satsujin sort of. I was thinking of buying this game just b/c I have some extra money and we're getting right into the usual summer drout of games and b/c I purchased the past Spiderman games except for Electro.

But from what I've read, this game supposedly is bad. It does some good things but for each good thing, it does like 2 bad things or some ratio like that.

Not to mention the swinging in SPiderman 2 wore me out, so it doesn't amaze me anymore and isn't that enticing of a factor to buy this game.

So yeah. I won't be getting this game.

Don't believe the IGN,GameSpot junkshit. All the gamers says the game is good and it is truly very nice game indeed. But don't buy for example ps2. That's a whole other version. If you have next-gen console then go for it. You have a huge city, awesome crime fighting missions gangs, bosses from the comics....And hey did you know there is black suit Spidey with devastating combos playable in the game?

MadMel
i dont have enough money for everything
so im stuck between getting this for wii or mario strikers 2 erm

((The_Anomaly))
So I rented the Wii version and let me say this:

Its no where near as bad as the reviews make it out to be.

Its still not amazing, there is still quite a bit wrong with it but its not as bad as 5/10 or 4/10, I'd say its more of a 6.5/10.

The good:
- The graphics arnt nearly as bad as people would lead you to believe
- The Wii web controls, once you get used to them, are the best web swinging controls out of all 3 Spidey games. They really give you much more control of what your doing...being able to use whatever hand you want to swing with and where you want the Web line to go feels good once you get it.
- Being able to use the black suit whenever is pretty cool.
- The City is large (obviously)
- The camera isn't as bad as people would lead you to believe.

The bad:

- The game has some SERIOUS pop up issues at some points. Spiderman 2 didn't have these pop up issues, why does this one? I once found a building that had NO textures at all...ZERO, it was grey as I climbed up the wall. I've never seen it again though.
- Fighting can sometimes become tedious.
-Its friggin short, you'll complete the main quest in a little over 5 hours.
- A lot of the voice acting is tired, repetitive and annoying.
- Lack of good unlockables.

So if your a Spidey fan and you own a Wii then renting this is prolly a good idea, the web swinging feels good and its pretty fun while it lasts, but unfortunately that isn't very long and there just isn't much for you to do after the main quest is over. Collect 50 tokens, and then 100 meteorite pieces, and I guess level up everything, other then that there's nothing. So give it a rent, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless your a hardcore Spidey fan. At its core its still pretty much exactly the same as Spiderman 2 with better swing control, but also with horrible pop up issues.

Sea Bass 30
I might have to give it a rental.

MadMel
you cant rent wii games here sad

xNIXSONx
i rented it, i should return it now, it's only worth a weeks rental in my opinion, not a bad game at all though

pr1983
had it on ps2...

the camera is pretty bad at times, and the controls are poorly executed imo... the action is repetitive, as are the god-awful one liners...

i played it for a few hours, and i usually get a decent bit into a game by then, but even after the black suit became available, it didnt feel like i'd achieved anything...

not an enjoyable experience, but as i said, its the ps2 version, others might be better if they aren't too similar...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by pr1983
had it on ps2...

the camera is pretty bad at times, and the controls are poorly executed imo... the action is repetitive, as are the god-awful one liners...

i played it for a few hours, and i usually get a decent bit into a game by then, but even after the black suit became available, it didnt feel like i'd achieved anything...

not an enjoyable experience, but as i said, its the ps2 version, others might be better if they aren't too similar...

yah, the ps2 version is made by Vicarious Visions not Treyarch heh.

but i agree with what you said, it gets a bit repetitve and even though spidey advances through multiple story lines, it doesnt feel like im accomplishing anything (other than achievement pts ha).

but web swinging is always fun...

Estacado
had it on ps2...

I also played the ps2 version it's horrible compared to the 360 one.

Rewmac
Yeah. The 360 and ps3 versions are the main versions. Even the Wii version hasn't got all the fun that 360 and ps3 has. Lots of upgrades enables you to throw amazing combos and yeah the view is awesome on the 360.

Ps2 version sucks big time. I played for 20 mins then threw it away.

xNIXSONx
yeah i watched the wii version on tv and it doesnt like that great either, it looks rather difficult having to do every single action like sliding against a wall, running on the side of the wall then web swinging and tricking. than press the combos, the fighting must be tedious lol cuz it was basically button mash x and y on the 360 lol and usually w/ bullet time lol

pr1983
yah, the ps2 version is made by Vicarious Visions not Treyarch heh.

but i agree with what you said, it gets a bit repetitve and even though spidey advances through multiple story lines, it doesnt feel like im accomplishing anything (other than achievement pts ha).

but web swinging is always fun...

i thought even the web swinging was a bit crappy too... messed

xNIXSONx
i thought even the web swinging was a bit crappy too... messed

for the 360 version, the swinging aint that bad, but sometimes it really gets annoying like, like the webline just shoots into thin air and i fall, even though i pointed to this or that building to attach to.

the 360's combat, camera and just everything is not horrible, but it gets tedious sometimes, just imagine how much more tedious it is on the wii

Rewmac
Because you wanted to swing too soon and your hand still point to a blank area.

360 camera and combat is awesome. I love it.

One thing bugs me, the serious amount of bugs and glitches.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Rewmac
Because you wanted to swing too soon and your hand still point to a blank area.

360 camera and combat is awesome. I love it.

One thing bugs me, the serious amount of bugs and glitches.

like sometimes the camera gets a bit bad indoors and stuff. not horrible but sometimes annoying...

Rewmac
like sometimes the camera gets a bit bad indoors and stuff. not horrible but sometimes annoying... True, but the game is very good.

General G
I agree, I have had no problems with the 360 version yet, I bought it yesterday, and it is great, I like swinging, very fun. I am doing the missions first, then I will swing about.

Just a few things though for some achievements:

1) One of them is to take a picture from a "great height," how hish do you have to be, I went to the highest building I could find and took a pic and nothing happened...

2) What are those tokens that it says you need, I have not seen a single one in any missions yet...

Estacado
1,You should go to the highest building....
It is placed between Midtown and daily Bugle you can also find it by going to the map switch to "Activities" and toogle between them by pressing RB or LB and search for "Skydive 1" go to the top and take a picture of the building beneath you.If it doesn't work for the first time then try it multiple times.

2, If you are refering to the "token collection" thing it is different in everycase for instance "Arsenic candy tokens" are teddy bears ,"Skyscraper tokens" are small skyscraper statues.

General G
1) Alright, I will go there shortly, thanks.

2) Yeah, I was referring to the Arsenic candy tokens and the Apocalypse tokens, those ones, I have not seen any...

Estacado
2) Yeah, I was referring to the Arsenic candy tokens and the Apocalypse tokens, those ones, I have not seen any... Me neither.....
I only found some skyscraper tokens.

General G
Me neither.....
I only found some skyscraper tokens.

I haven't even seen those... sad

Estacado
I think you can't sense them.

xNIXSONx
i saw one sky scraper token, which is the only token i got, except for a secret token, and thats it.

General G
Where are these tokens?!

Rewmac
I think you can't sense them. You're right. You can't sense tokens you need to search for them.

Estacado
Where are these tokens?!
Search for them...
Skyscraper tokens can be found on skysraper that's for sure cause I found 3 of them the others.....I have no idea.

General G
So for the Skyscraper tokens, just go to really tall buildings? What do they look like, and same with the Secret ones.

Estacado
Skyscraper tokens are like small skycraper statues...
Yeah go around tall building and search for them they are not always placed on the top of them.There is one for sure at the "Skydive 1" activity building.

General G
I found two! eek!

I really don't like those skydive missions though...

I have the black suit! And I beat Kraven the Hunter and a much more huge Dr. Connors. And I am not going to lie, Kraven was hard as hell!!!

Estacado
Venom will be the easiest boss you'll face.....
Your next boss will be Kingpin he is a tricky one....

Rewmac
Your next boss will be Kingpin he is a tricky one.... No he isn't. It's simple beating. I'd sa Scorpion is an annoying one.

General G
Your next boss will be Kingpin he is a tricky one....

Wow, I thought Venom would have been easy...oh well.

No he isn't. It's simple beating. I'd sa Scorpion is an annoying one.

I though Scorpion was quite easy.

Rewmac
Wow, I thought Venom would have been easy...oh well.

I though Scorpion was quite easy. Not if you have tons of bugs during the fight. Rhino will be a long one not a difficult one but an annoying one.

General G
Not if you have tons of bugs during the fight. Rhino will be a long one not a difficult one but an annoying one.

True, what system is yours for?

I am looking forward to Rhino.

Rewmac
Is this a real question?

General G
Should it not be?

ragesRemorse
could somone please tell me how i uprgade spidermans skills? Im 40% through the game but only have the upgrades that are given automitically.

ragesRemorse
I also played the ps2 version it's horrible compared to the 360 one.

aside from the Very very slight exchange in the graphics it is the same thing on all fronts, and did i mention the very very slight graphical improvement? Just thought that was an important apsect seeing how much more powerfull the 360 is

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
aside from the Very very slight exchange in the graphics it is the same thing on all fronts, and did i mention the very very slight graphical improvement? Just thought that was an important apsect seeing how much more powerfull the 360 is

cool SICKKKK thats pretty powerful big grin

FistOfThe North
Just got the black suit finally. I don't like that i can't repick Spidey's old suit, though.

Kento
Well once you beat the game you can choose the black suit to restart the game all over again and beat it with the black suit, at least in the 360 version, or go back to the old suit to find everything if you missed anything like the skyscrapers to complete it 100 percent.

General G
I beat the game and really like the fact that you could play as Scorpion and the New Goblin, that was pretty cool.

FistOfThe North
I'm on the Hunter. He's kinda hard. His invisible version with all the lizards coming out.

I'm also on Kingpin. He's a little hard to. They take alot of hits to beat. Too much. It's like the their energy bars barely go down while mine goes done fast.

Kento
They go down easy when you rage, least Kingpin did. Kraven was the hardest person for me but rage against him works well also.

As for New Goblin, and Scorpion I think it would be awesome if you could choose them after you beat the game to play as. I think playing as the Goblin would be awesome for more then the last little battle.

xNIXSONx
i died battling Kraven at the part where he turns into the bird, everytime...

Swanky-Tuna
I beat it on the PC and I must say, the Sandman/Goblin fight was the lamest fight ever. Strafe left, bomb, bomb, strafe right, bomb, bomb, repeat. I lost more health, aka some health, spraying him with water and had more trouble passing the typing test to get through the cinematic. In fact, the typing test cinematics were bunk. The only thing that balanced it out is I got better at the boss fights so I had more health to burn going through them.

General G
Alright, where are these other missions I see for achievements: complete all petty theft missions...and a few others, I can't find them at all...and are those tokens that you have to collect for each gang in the missions or in their areas?

FistOfThe North
I finally beat it. One of the more tougher games i've played, which is rare. Superman Returns gave me a challenge to. I say both were equally tough.

I wonder what happens if you beat it with the Black Spiderman now. It sucked that i can't pick any of the other characters, as well. I could've sworn i unlocked an upgrade where the "New Goblin" was usable.

Oh well, the next game I'll get is Tenchu Z.

General G
I am just about to beat it with the black suited spider-man, I have to finish the last Dr. Connor's mission and then do the Finale, shouldn't be too bad.

I didn't find it too hard, there was a couple tough parts, but I got over them, and it is much easier with the black suited spider-man. I have died maybe once.

Thunder Fox
bleh its easy till you lose the black suit then have to beat venom and sandman without the damn thing facing something that is basicly like you cept stronger is quite troublesome

General G
Well, I beat the game with black suited spider-man and it has the exact same ending with nothing new added or unlockable.

Ultimate Hulk43
Nobody ever said that there was going to be a different ending if you use the black suit.

Ultimate Hulk43
I finally beat it. One of the more tougher games i've played, which is rare. Superman Returns gave me a challenge to. I say both were equally tough.

I wonder what happens if you beat it with the Black Spiderman now. It sucked that i can't pick any of the other characters, as well. I could've sworn i unlocked an upgrade where the "New Goblin" was usable.

Oh well, the next game I'll get is Tenchu Z.

Lol, this game is not hard. This is one of the easiest games I've ever played. Also, there's not a different ending just because you may change the costume.

General G
I know nobody said there was, that is why I wanted to try it.

laser7455
The cool about this game that you can use counter attacks, that is so sweet

Ultimate Hulk43
I know nobody said there was, that is why I wanted to try it.

I know but all I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious those lazy bastards would never give us that kind of satisfaction. One thing that I still think would be very interesting would be to play as Doc Ock in maybe free roam or in his own little origin story. I'd also like to play as Venom, the Green Goblin (Norman)/New Goblin (maybe in free roam) & the Sandman. If Activision would stop being lazy & would allow us to play as the villains, that'd make the games much better.

Yoshi Fanatic
I agree. I really wanted to play as Venom. If Venom was a playable character in this game, I would have been so much happier.

General G
Yeah, I would have been good with pretty much any villain to play as, although I prefer Scorpion, Venom, and Goblin (either).

ridio
I bought Spiderman 3. and it's awesome, everything about it is great, but the bosses are too damn hard and beat you down so easily. Does anyone know the technique on how to defeat the kingpin when you first fight him?

ridio
I will get it of course...As soon as I got the money.

How do I beat The Kingpin on spiderman3 for Ps3?

Ultimate Hulk43
Man, this game should've had better boss battles like in Spider-Man 2.

xNIXSONx
boss battles relied to much on reversals using that spidey focus or w/e

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved the battles with Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2, we should've gotten something similar to that during the battle with the Sandman & Venom.

Magee
Are the ps 2 and 3 versions different? Loved this game more than the second one but finished it now, didn't last to long and effortlessly beating up on thugs gets boring.

xNIXSONx
yes the ps2 version is different than the ps3, the ps3 version is made by treyarch and the ps2 version is made by (the company that made the gameboy and ds version...) lol Vicarious Studios

General G
Don't you also get to play as the Green Goblin in the PS3 version too?

xNIXSONx
Don't you also get to play as the Green Goblin in the PS3 version too?

yeah he's unlockable and you will probs be able to play him in the ps3 version, to promote purchases of PS3 and the sixaxis controller.

DigiMark007
I just finished this game.

As a vet of the whole series (1, 2, 3, and Ultimate) it was clearly the most refined of the 3, and lots of fun, but (as with the others) short of greatness.

Swinging is so intuitive and freeing that it's hard to fault it, though I still can't quite recapture the glory of swooping through Midtown in SM2....maybe because it's the second time around so there's not the "woah" factor. I think it's missing the feeling of speed a bit though....I'd like a slightly faster max speed.

Bosses were what you'd expect. It's obviously a mixed-market game, so it will be easier than those which target hardcore gamers.

The biggest improvement was on the missions themselves, from the small crime-stuff to the main story. Repetition was noticeably less, and the scenarios felt more fresh than in past games (balloon grabbing, anyone?). Even the (occasionally frustrating) button-timing sequences were suitably epic, with Spidey performing some crazy and entertaining maneuvers.

The writing and voice-acting were sub-par and/or phoned-in. After Ultimate Spider-Man, which had superb production value in these areas (but insanely formulaic bosses) this was a bit of a letdown writing-wise.

And 1 mission as Harry? Only 1?! Wtf.

Good for fans of the series, or of Spidey himself....if nothing else, for the swing mechanics and free-roaming, though the whole product is entertaining as well. Not a must for others though.

Neo Darkhalen
I finished it long ago, what a bad game.

kirti
Spiderman 1 was way too short and sucked ass.
I loved spiderman 2

Rewmac
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I finished it long ago, what a bad game. I liked the game. I actually think it was a very good game I don't why people hate it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.