Leonidas versus Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Sparta's Greatest Warrior-King

versus

The Ultimate Patriot

Leonidas has his sword, spear, helmet, and shield.

Captain America has his shield.

Fight takes place in a Roman coliseum.

Galan007
If a sniper can take out Cap, it's blasphemy to think that Leonidas couldn't! mad

stick out tongue

jasonk3
Originally posted by Galan007
If a sniper can take out Cap, it's blasphemy to think that Leonidas couldn't! mad

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Sparta's Greatest Warrior-King

versus

The Ultimate Patriot

Leonidas has his sword, spear, helmet, and shield.

Captain America has his shield.

Fight takes place in a Roman coliseum.

Leo ftw

guy222
Originally posted by jasonk3
laughing out loud

Good afternoon

jasonk3
Originally posted by guy222
Good afternoon

Good afternoon Guy, how are you ?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Galan007

stick out tongue eek! laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Cap's dead. He won't put up much of a fight.

Then again, so's leonidas.

Hmmm.

Upon re-consideration, my answer is "Boring fight between corpses"

Piedmon
Hahahaha.

But seriously, Cap. Maybe if Leonidas had his own unbreakable shield. As it is Cap could just clip him in the head with a shield-toss from across the arena and end the fight right there.

Soljer
Leonidas was an amazing fighter. He was strong, fast, skilled, and smart.

Cap's stronger, faster, more skilled, and smarter....

erm.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Cap's dead. He won't put up much of a fight.

Then again, so's leonidas.

Hmmm.

Upon re-consideration, my answer is "Boring fight between corpses"

Happy Dance

Newjak
Yeah you would need to give Leonidas some unbreakable weapons.

If he did though there would be some great one-liners in this fight.

hunbu04
leo was a descendant of hercules

masterbruce
Ok, both Leonidas and Cap get the same indestructible shield and a sword.

Batman-Prime
Cap.

King KAM
this fight isnt even a real fight.

a movie comes out thats cool and ever fuggin dick, chuck, and tom thinks he can start a thread.

Captain America could beat Leonidas without any weapons and leonidas could have all of the ones he was given in this fight. Captain America not only never gets touched by Leonidas but he beats him without use of 3 of his limbs only allowing himself to kick with his Right Leg.

cap 100% of the time.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by King KAM
this fight isnt even a real fight.

a movie comes out thats cool and ever fuggin dick, chuck, and tom thinks he can start a thread.

Captain America could beat Leonidas without any weapons and leonidas could have all of the ones he was given in this fight. Captain America not only never gets touched by Leonidas but he beats him without use of 3 of his limbs only allowing himself to kick with his Right Leg.

cap 100% of the time.

yes

guy222
Originally posted by jasonk3
Good afternoon Guy, how are you ?

Doin great

guy222
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
yes

Hello smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
Leonidas was an amazing fighter. He was strong, fast, skilled, and smart.

Cap's stronger, faster, more skilled, and smarter....

erm.

Piedmon
Originally posted by masterbruce
Ok, both Leonidas and Cap get the same indestructible shield and a sword.

Well NOW it's interesting.

Cap doesn't know how to use a sword. It would just get in his way. He drops it immediately, or hurls it over the arena wall even so Leonidas can't grab it later.

Hmmm, I don't think a shield toss from Cap would do the trick anymore. Leonidas is too canny to get punked like that, and if he has a shield that can block Steve's, he's certainly got the training to use it.

So it comes down to close quarters. Cap's got one unbreakable weapon and Leo's got two. But, ultimately... I still have to come down with Cap. Leo was good, but Cap is enhanced beyond what training--even Spartan training--can deliver. Leo is probably just as skilled and twice as crazy, but Cap outpowers him in speed and strength, and is just as determined.

Be a night at the colosseum to remember, though.

Soljer
Originally posted by Piedmon
Well NOW it's interesting.

Cap doesn't know how to use a sword. It would just get in his way. He drops it immediately, or hurls it over the arena wall even so Leonidas can't grab it later.

Hmmm, I don't think a shield toss from Cap would do the trick anymore. Leonidas is too canny to get punked like that, and if he has a shield that can block Steve's, he's certainly got the training to use it.

So it comes down to close quarters. Cap's got one unbreakable weapon and Leo's got two. But, ultimately... I still have to come down with Cap. Leo was good, but Cap is enhanced beyond what training--even Spartan training--can deliver. Leo is probably just as skilled and twice as crazy, but Cap outpowers him in speed and strength, and is just as determined.

Be a night at the colosseum to remember, though.

Ignorance. Cap is actually QUITE skilled with a Sword, and has used one on several occasions. And Leonidas was no where near as skilled as Cap.

Piedmon
Wachoo say 'bout ma momma!

Sure, Cap's used a sword a few times in other stories, I'm sure. You could probably find comics where any character has done anything. It's not really his style, though. And if you really think he's the match of a Spartan king in swordplay because he used one a couple times.... yeah, he's just better off sticking with his shield.

Anyway, I think you're underestimating Leonidas. He trained from boyhood, and was able to take out dozens of soldiers at once. The Persians weren't actually n00bz, the Spartans just made them look like it. I'd say Leonidas is on par with Daredevil, as a human who's as skilled as skilled can get without being superhuman.

King KAM
Wachoo say 'bout ma momma!

Sure, Cap's used a sword a few times in other stories, I'm sure. You could probably find comics where any character has done anything. It's not really his style, though. And if you really think he's the match of a Spartan king in swordplay because he used one a couple times.... yeah, he's just better off sticking with his shield.

Anyway, I think you're underestimating Leonidas. He trained from boyhood, and was able to take out dozens of soldiers at once. The Persians weren't actually n00bz, the Spartans just made them look like it. I'd say Leonidas is on par with Daredevil, as a human who's as skilled as skilled can get without being superhuman. dude....i thought the movie was cool too.... but Leonidas never touches cap

Soljer
Leonidas didn't have any speed or strength feats to make us believe he's anywhere NEAR Cap in either category.

His skill was impressive, but still nothing to make us think he'd match Cap.

You give Leonidas the unbreakable shield and sword, and have Cap run into the fight bare-ass, and Steve'd still take the majority here.

Piedmon
If Leonidas's men reflect on him (and of course they do. He was their king, after all, and it wasn't because he could do panel) then how does one-shotting a charging Rhino with a javelin to the face sound for strength feats? Hell, he had to be stronger than he looked just to parry that giant ogre thing.

But this isn't really worth going into. I agree Steve would win, but the margins of victory aren't really relevant.

Soljer
T'Challa has stopped a charging Rhino with his bare hands. Captain America's at least as strong as the Black Panther.

I'm not impressed. *yawn*.

That giant ogre thing couldn't even break some shoddy chains. Chains that Captain America could have shredded. We, earnestly, have no idea how strong that Ogre was. He could have only been able to lift a thousand pounds, and still be plenty strong to toss around Spartans.

King KAM
If Leonidas's men reflect on him (and of course they do. He was their king, after all, and it wasn't because he could do panel) then how does one-shotting a charging Rhino with a javelin to the face sound for strength feats? Hell, he had to be stronger than he looked just to parry that giant ogre thing.

But this isn't really worth going into. I agree Steve would win, but the margins of victory aren't really relevant. leonidas didnt stop the rhino....but whatever.... Captain america bested elephants in tug of war, and beat the holy hell out of 20 werewolves.

Piedmon
T'Challa has stopped a charging Rhino with his bare hands. Captain America's at least as strong as the Black Panther.

You sure it was his BARE hands?

Or maybe it was his gloved hands. You know, gloved in momentum-dissipating vibranium?

But if it really was with his naked hands, then that's just stupid. The writer was being dumb, T'Challa isn't even at max-human strength levels, and he'd have to be friggin' Luke Cage to pull that off.

masterbruce
Captain america bested elephants in tug of war

that's gotta be PIS...how could Cap outtug an animal that weighs several tons? its physically impossible for Cap

King KAM
You sure it was his BARE hands?

Or maybe it was his gloved hands. You know, gloved in momentum-dissipating vibranium?

But if it really was with his naked hands, then that's just stupid. The writer was being dumb, T'Challa isn't even at max-human strength levels, and he'd have to be friggin' Luke Cage to pull that off. no human besides captain america is anywhere near as p4p strong as tchalla, not even by a longshot.

Piedmon
Since when? T'Challa's body was pushed to the maximum of human capability when he ate the sacred heart. The same was done to Cap by the superhuman serum. They're effectively equal, although once in an interview Christopher Priest (responsible for some of the most important BP stories in the 90's) said Cap had a slight advantage in strength vs T'Challa's advantage in quickness.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just curious. Has something changed with T'Challa recently?

Piedmon
That... 15 minute cut-off on editing is REALLY annoying, 'cause now I look like a doofus. I thought you said "No, human. Besides, Captain America is nowhere near as p4p strong as T'Challa."

Still, not even a max uber-olympist human should be able to stop a Rhino--unless he's wearing vibranium. Was he, or was this raw muscle? Because if the latter, I'm seriously not even going to hear that out, it's just too stupid.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by guy222
Hello smile

Hello my friend, how are you ? smile

don't shiv
Leonidas's wife would rape CAP

Bentley
Tschalla's wife would rape Cap too, but thats beyond the point

boriquaking55
dude....i thought the movie was cool too.... but Leonidas never touches cap

THIS IS MADNESS!

Alfheim
Originally posted by boriquaking55
THIS IS MADNESS!

Whys that?

Newjak
I think people really underestimate just how much strength is needed to actually lift someone off the ground about 7 feet up and 8 feet back with a simple backhand. The Ogre was strong even by human standards. He would be the equivalent of a somewhat juiced Bane. As for the chains you don't really know if Cap could shred them Cap for all his ability couldn't snap steel chains like that either. If they were steel or not the point is depending upon the strength of the Chain it isn't like Cap would be breaking out either.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Newjak
As for the chains you don't really know if Cap could shred them Cap for all his ability couldn't snap steel chains like that either. If they were steel or not the point is depending upon the strength of the Chain it isn't like Cap would be breaking out either.

Have you been to the Cap respect thread on KMC and herochat?

Newjak
Originally posted by Alfheim
Have you been to the Cap respect thread on KMC and herochat? I'm just saying when is Cap busting out of Chains like their strings.

Cap is strong but at best he is a 1 tonner and if you put a good steel chain between 1 ton of force(Like lets say two big trucks embarrasment ) you realize the chain doesn't break. Any feat of Cap literally snapping strong chains is PIS to the extreme either that or comic chains are simply weaker then their real world counter parts.

Alfheim
I'm just saying when is Cap busting out of Chains like their strings.

Cap is strong but at best he is a 1 tonner and if you put a good steel chain between 1 ton of force(Like lets say two big trucks embarrasment ) you realize the chain doesn't break. Any feat of Cap literally snapping strong chains is PIS to the extreme either that or comic chains are simply weaker then their real world counter parts.

Well when Cap is pumped up he has feats that probably exceed 1 ton and he has broken chains with his bare hands easily.

Newjak
Well when Cap is pumped up he has feats that probably exceed 1 ton and he has broken chains with his bare hands easily. Then he isn't one ton like most people claim and is in fact into the couple a ton range.

Its that simple he would have to be about 5 tons or more to do some of those things. So no Cap isn't peak human in the slightest and is in fact super human.

Alfheim
Then he isn't one ton like most people claim and is in fact into the couple a ton range.

When hes pumped up yeah he can do 2 tons.

Its that simple he would have to be about 5 tons or more to do some of those things. So no Cap isn't peak human in the slightest and is in fact super human.

Thats correct, 5 tons is too much though. I think his maximum under duress is 2 tons, some feats seem like 3 but I dont wanna be a fanboy.

Newjak
When hes pumped up yeah he can do 2 tons.

Thats correct, 5 tons is too much though. I think his maximum under duress is 2 tons, some feats seem like 3 but I dont wanna be a fanboy. Well then Cap isn't peak human and people should stop calling him that.

Trust me when I say that the breaking of a strong chain is quite a feat.

Alfheim
Well then Cap isn't peak human and people should stop calling him that.

Ive been saying that for quite awhile..

Trust me when I say that the breaking of a strong chain is quite a feat.

Hes got better feats than that.... big grin

Soljer
Shredding chains like it was a piece of cake:
http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/3047/captainamericav48p11hgwra3.jpg

Bending steel bars to get a prisoner to talk:
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9194/adventuresofcaptainamerqs8.jpg

Rending a steel robot's arm off:
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6751/captainamericavol31316fv4.jpg

Easily breaks free of shackles:
http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/2554/adventuresofcaptainamervc5.jpg

Easily rips steel off the shell of a tractor:
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5274/cap339pg18wz6.jpg

Obviously the chains and shackles shown aren't as thick as the ones that held the Ogre..

But...the ones holding the Ogre also looked ancient and damn near rusted through.

Also, cap's put people's heads through concrete, and ...

You were talking about how hard it is to backhand someone like the Ogre managed? Well, here he seemingly backhands four guys that look as large as any Spartan did:
http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capstrengthspeedct0.jpg

don't shiv
Leonidas cuts through the hype, cuts through cap like skewered saerkraut

Newjak
Shredding chains like it was a piece of cake:
http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/3047/captainamericav48p11hgwra3.jpg

Bending steel bars to get a prisoner to talk:
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9194/adventuresofcaptainamerqs8.jpg

Rending a steel robot's arm off:
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6751/captainamericavol31316fv4.jpg

Easily breaks free of shackles:
http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/2554/adventuresofcaptainamervc5.jpg

Easily rips steel off the shell of a tractor:
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5274/cap339pg18wz6.jpg

Obviously the chains and shackles shown aren't as thick as the ones that held the Ogre..

But...the ones holding the Ogre also looked ancient and damn near rusted through.

Also, cap's put people's heads through concrete, and ...

You were talking about how hard it is to backhand someone like the Ogre managed? Well, here he seemingly backhands four guys that look as large as any Spartan did:
http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capstrengthspeedct0.jpg You post those like I've never seen them before roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

I would also like to point out that in the last scan Cap didn't back hand those guys he he basically threw them off of him there is a big difference.

Soljer
You post those like I've never seen them before roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

I would also like to point out that in the last scan Cap didn't back hand those guys he he basically threw them off of him there is a big difference.

You acted like you didn't believe it should be possible. Gimme a break, newjak, you know that Cap's stronger than most people give him credit for.

And in the last scan, Cap didn't THROW anybody. Not in the normal sense of the word. He just threw his arms into the air, and while standing on one foot, propelled everyone off him and across the room.

Newjak
You acted like you didn't believe it should be possible. Gimme a break, newjak, you know that Cap's stronger than most people give him credit for.

And in the last scan, Cap didn't THROW anybody. Not in the normal sense of the word. He just threw his arms into the air, and while standing on one foot, propelled everyone off him and across the room. Maybe I do shifty

Oh and hence he threw them off of him. Its a common term used to define when some is propelled off of someone. stick out tongue

illadelph12
laughing

Man...

Alfheim
He just threw his arms into the air, and while standing on one foot, propelled everyone off him and across the room.

It also seems that most of them were knocked out or stunned badly from the sheer force.

You know I would defintely put Cap at least a ton with that feat. If you look at the panels he wasn't even that pumped or distressed, he just did it casually.

Still though its different from a backfist. Newjak mentioned this Ogre guy was at a juiced up Banes strength.

Piedmon
Well, we don't REALLY know how strong he was. Just that he could toss dudes around like nothing. You gotta go see the movie for yourself and make your own decision, but it seems to me like Leonidas could definitely hang with Marvel's street levelers.

Alfheim
Well, we don't REALLY know how strong he was. Just that he could toss dudes around like nothing. You gotta go see the movie for yourself and make your own decision, but it seems to me like Leonidas could definitely hang with Marvel's street levelers.

At any rate strength dont mean **** to Cap.

Newjak
It also seems that most of them were knocked out or stunned badly from the sheer force.

You know I would defintely put Cap at least a ton with that feat. If you look at the panels he wasn't even that pumped or distressed, he just did it casually.

Still though its different from a backfist. Newjak mentioned this Ogre guy was at a juiced up Banes strength. I sad as strong as a somewhat juiced Bane. The guy definitely had to be over the 1200 pound range to began to back hand someone like that and probably more so.

guy222
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Hello my friend, how are you ? smile

Always good. Have a good weekend smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by boriquaking55
THIS IS MADNESS!

...Madness?

THIS. IS. SPARTA!!

StyleTime
lmao.

Seriously, Captain America kills Leonidas. Why is this a debate? Stop it.

Metalmanx
At any rate strength dont mean **** to Cap.

So...Captain America vs. Superman (only allowed to use super-strength)?

Cap takes him down? confused

Alfheim
Originally posted by Metalmanx

*sigh*

Metalmanx
*sigh*

Hey, you said it. Not me. erm

Daredevil1
leonidas didnt stop the rhino....but whatever.... Captain america bested elephants in tug of war, and beat the holy hell out of 20 werewolves.

I've seen Cap pull a supply truck with a broken axle through the desert. But I have never seen Cap beat a elephant in a tug of war?

What issue/title is this? Would like to see it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Yes, actually.

no expression.

You took away Superman's speed, so Cap can block all his shots with his shield.

You took away Superman's durability, so Cap could level him in a single shot.

I know that's not what you meant, but if you wanna be a smart ass, I will too, stick out tongue.

Daredevil1
Yes, actually.

no expression.

You took away Superman's speed, so Cap can block all his shots with his shield.

You took away Superman's durability, so Cap could level him in a single shot.

I know that's not what you meant, but if you wanna be a smart ass, I will too, stick out tongue.

LOL I was actually going to say that but then I said F it not worth it.

Also he just said down and not KO'ed as in out smile

LORDSIDIOUS01
"This is Sparta" Steve Rogers is dead. Long dead Steve Rogers. King Leonidas kills Cap again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.