sentry vs martian manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
kickass

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
kickass

I know about MM. Is Sentry badass?

Utrigita
Not on the same level as MM he is about strength level with Superman + have some quiet nice abilities to that would make Sentry wish he had never been born.

Longinus
Sentry is at least comparable to Superman with strength, also he has super speed (most likely lightspeed), can project hard light constructs and various typical superman abilities, minus heat vision, super breath. Anyway ability wise Jonn has him beat but since people generally agree that Superman can be Jonn, and Jonn has to amp himself to compete with Supes physically, I think Sentry takes it. Also stalemating Genis and Collective are things I don't think Jonn could do. I personally consider Genis over the top GL's/Sentinel (Kyle, Hal, Alan) and I don't think Jonn could hang with them for long. Vote Sentry.

Batman-Prime
This is really a close one, an heraldbreaking Sentry vs the incredible Hul.... Martian Manhunter. Anyway, MM takes 7-8/10, he is longer in the buisness, the expierience wins this, powerwise they are almost equals.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Longinus
Sentry is at least comparable to Superman with strength, also he has super speed (most likely lightspeed), can project hard light constructs and various typical superman abilities, minus heat vision, super breath. Anyway ability wise Jonn has him beat but since people generally agree that Superman can be Jonn, and Jonn has to amp himself to compete with Supes physically, I think Sentry takes it. Also stalemating Genis and Collective are things I don't think Jonn could do. I personally consider Genis over the top GL's/Sentinel (Kyle, Hal, Alan) and I don't think Jonn could hang with them for long. Vote Sentry.

Sentry might be comparable to Supes, but neither him nor supes are that good of a fighter. Jon Jonnz isn't that much of a fighter either. However, Sentry should be able to overcome the Martian Manhunters shape-changing abilties and win.

Aqua-pimp
Damn this is a close one i'ma gonna go with Martain Manhunter for now the man just has more feats and earned his props where Sentry still is relativly new and have to earn his ....
So john john'z 8/10

cool

Longinus
The only advantage besides possibly intelligence that Jonn has over Sentry is his ability to become intangible, besides that I don't see him winning. Sentry is faster, stronger, a cold/calculting killer and probably more durable. The only way I can see Jonn winning this is if he goes both invisible and intangible and phases inside of Sentry's brain.

horrorwolf
Sentry loses this due to lack of feats primarily.

Bouboumaster
If Sentry really statlemate Galactus... He wins hands down.
100/10.

But I put him in the same league that the Surfer, with less powers.

Draco69
MM.

Sentry is quite vulnerable to psychic attacks. He has an extremely fragile mind. MM simply mindrapes him and confuses Sentry with his multi-personality disorder.

Allowing J'onn enough time to phase a rock in his skull....

Longinus
If Jonn even goes into his mind, hes in some trouble. The Void has on occassion incapacitated people who've entered Sentry's mind, however thats not to say Jonn isn't a top tier psychic, I'm just saying there are safer ways to secure a win. In the end if Jonn mentaly attacks Sentry it'll be him (IMO) who'll be left open to attack.

Accel
I don't believe Sentry is really weak against telepathy at all. His powers were described as being held together by a strong mental force. Mastermind even said his powers work best on people with strong minds for some unknown reason and he mentally dominated Sentry with no problem.

Draco69
J'onn has withstood the mind of the Joker, the Spectre, the Overmind of the Presence, Mageddon, Neron, Darkseid, Parallax, and even the Source.

A man with a multiple personality disorder isn't going to phase him...

J'onn can multi-task. Which is what he does quite often. He can connect with every being on Earth, probe their minds, run algorithims with Oracle and fight Ultraman to a bloody pulp. J'onn simply shapeshifts his own brain to several lobes dedicated to several tasks.

And he really only has two. Mindrape Sentry and physically beat him down. Or simply turn intangible and let Sentry swipe thin air as MM invades his mind and fractures his already f'ed up psyche.

draxx_tOfU
sentry...

ninja

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Not on the same level as MM he is about strength level with Superman + have some quiet nice abilities to that would make Sentry wish he had never been born.

Cool smile

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Sentry might be comparable to Supes, but neither him nor supes are that good of a fighter. Jon Jonnz isn't that much of a fighter either. However, Sentry should be able to overcome the Martian Manhunters shape-changing abilties and win.

Good evening, Lord Sidious

Validus
Manhunter wins. Sentry = Superman - good battle feats

tkitna
Sentry

xmeat
he cant mindrape sentry who also has TP remember marvel telepaths are greater than dc.

Galvaclaw
No their not. Unless you have some feats to back up your claims.

xmeat
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
No their not. Unless you have some feats to back up your claims.

professor x
nate grey
cable
moondragon
sentry
mind gem

those guys right there are better TP than anyone on DC.

Draco69

Saturn Girl
H'romeer
Hector Hammond
Martian Manhunter
Despero
Gorilla Grodd
The Flames of Purogth

I can just easily match your list with equal opponents....

Galvaclaw
Martian Manhunter has feats on their level and above. Guys like Darkseid easily exceed them.

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69

Saturn Girl
H'romeer
Hector Hammond
Martian Manhunter
Despero
Gorilla Grodd
The Flames of Purogth

I can just easily match your list with equal opponents....
You're talking to a guy who thinks Pineapple Thing can take Superman.

xmeat
the mind gem kills anything on the list.
Nate grey used his mind to powerup huc.
FP cable is a beast.

juggernaut66666
he cant mindrape sentry who also has TP remember marvel telepaths are greater than dc.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3461/jesusdumbassbluegargoyluk3.jpg

Priest
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3461/jesusdumbassbluegargoyluk3.jpg
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud
clapping

xmeat
juggy nothing but an insulter who dont know shit about comics

juggernaut66666
juggy nothing but an insulter who dont know shit about comics
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7602/retardqz6.jpg

xmeat

this is juggernaut6666

Symmetric Chaos
this is juggernaut6666

Since you up loaded that from your computer I can only assume that is a picture of you.

juggernaut66666
this is juggernaut6666
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8712/drphilfailfl3mo2.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8712/drphilfailfl3mo2.jpg

My god . . . I can imagine him being nice while saying that . . .

xmeat
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Since you up loaded that from your computer I can only assume that is a picture of you. nope thats juggy.

Avalonofthewind
I agree with Draco on this one.

MM has too many options.

And Validus is also right...Sentry = Superman with no feats. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.