Martian Manhunter vs The Xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aqua-pimp
Martian Manhunter vs

Xavier
Colosus
Cyclops
Angel
Beast
Iceman
Wolverine
Jubilee
Jean grey
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat
Rogue
Gambit

johny boy get's one our to prepare....

Discus!!!

cool

Draco69
There's only three people he needs to worry about:

Iceman, Xavier and Jean Grey. The others can be speedblitzed. Then again, Xavier and Jean Grey can be speedblitzed too...

Then he just has to worry about Iceman. Iceman has a consciousness. MM is an uber-telepath. Iceman's consciousness dies....

And he has an hour of prep to molecularly modify his body to withstand his opponents attacks. Or clone himself.

Aqua-pimp
Nightcrawler could teleport xavier and jean to a safe distant and in the meanwhile he fights against the rest of the xmen while X and jean fight him mentally... Manhunter is a very very powerfull telepath but no way is he stronger than the combined forces of X and Jean grey....

cool

starlock
how many clones do you think he can make in an hour?

Loot
Originally posted by Draco69
There's only three people he needs to worry about:

Iceman, Xavier and Jean Grey. The others can be speedblitzed. Then again, Xavier and Jean Grey can be speedblitzed too...

Then he just has to worry about Iceman. Iceman has a consciousness. MM is an uber-telepath. Iceman's consciousness dies....

And he has an hour of prep to molecularly modify his body to withstand his opponents attacks. Or clone himself.

i think he can win, but its tough, they are too many, and been fighting over along time.

He can clone himself? how many clones?

Draco69
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Nightcrawler could teleport xavier and jean to a safe distant and in the meanwhile he fights against the rest of the xmen while X and jean fight him mentally... Manhunter is a very very powerfull telepath but no way is he stronger than the combined forces of X and Jean grey....

cool

Nightcrawler's top teleport distance is three miles as of his best feat. And then he collapsed. MM can travel near lightspeed.

A) He can hit Nightcrawler and knock him out before he can even THINK of teleporting

B) If Nightcrawler does somehow teleport Xavier and Jean in time, MM simply flies to orbit, uses his telescopic vision to survey the radius of the battlefield, find Xavier and Jean Grey, and then plummet down on top of their heads at Mach 50. All this in less than a second, at most.

MM can think, react and act alot faster than anyone on the X-Men team. So they're screwed.

Hell, in the first picosecond of the battle, MM simply uses his Martian Vision to reduce Charles and/or Jean to a pile of dust.

Draco69
Originally posted by Loot
i think he can win, but its tough, they are too many, and been fighting over along time.

He can clone himself? how many clones?

Alot of the "too many" X-Men are inconsequential. What's Beast, Angel and Wolverine gonna do against him?

MM has complete control over his molecular structure. He can extend his parts into various clones by splitting his brain (and regrowing) them in each clone.

I don't know how many clones he can make. He has superspeed. Probably alot...

Roldz
This would be a tough fight for the Martian.. Another one he needs to worry about is Roque. He needs take out Xavier, Jean, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Iceman fast before they could formulate a plan w/ Roque. If he takes this guys out fast sure win for him if not he loses.. I say it could go 50/50..

Draco69
Rogue is a non-factor. She's too slow. As soon as she flares up those flames, MM uses his Martian Vision to reduce her to dust.

Shadowcat is useless. When an intangible object hits another intangible object, they impact as if they were solidified. And unfortunately MM is Superman-like in strength.

Iceman is the only real threat on the team. MM cannot permanently destroy him. Physically at least. He's the last to go. MM finds his consciousness (MM can scan the globe in less than a second and destroy his consciousness).

The others simply get speedblitzed. They can't react to his superspeed.

With an hour of preparation, he'll formulate a strategy to take out the biggest threats first than work his way down.

And the only real threats are Xavier, Jean and Iceman. Nightcrawler's too slow. So is Rogue. So is Shadowcat.

guy222
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Martian Manhunter vs

Xavier
Colosus
Cyclops
Angel
Beast
Iceman
Wolverine
Jubilee
Jean grey
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat
Rogue
Gambit

johny boy get's one our to prepare....

Discus!!!

cool

PF is immortal. Howlett can't be killed. Bobby is Badass

spetznaz
MM wins this.

Instead of me giving a long explanation on how, simply look at the explanation Validus gave.

Though let me add this .....he could kill most of the team in less than a second with a single thought. That would be the easiest way.
Other ways would also be easy ....but they might take more than a second (maybe 3 or 4).

One more thing: A non-jobbing MM is essentially tantamount to facing Fernus. The only difference would be that Fernus is evil, and that Fernus can use flame and suffering to spawn (which honestly is largely moot since normal MM can still clone himself). Apart from that, a non-jobbing no-PIS/CIS MM would be one of the most evil son-a-b!tch3$ around. (e.g. look at what MM did to Ultraman - the evil Superman. That was almost evil. Actually it was evil ....I wish i could post the scan. He even LOOKS evil doing that).

Anyways, the team would have almost no chance against MM (KMC rules) if the fight was to occur suddenly.
Give MM an hour of prep and the team honestly has NO chance.

SpunkySmurph
Jubilee ftw!

xmeat
MM wins but the team can win with a strategy MM shouldn't be able to touch shadowcat iceman could freeze him temporarily to give rouge a chance to touch him.

jasofisc
I agree with much of what draco has said about MM and what it would be like if he ever cut lose. However he practically never does. Or at least very very rarely does which always sucks because In my opinion he is the tuffest JLA member aside from the phantom stranger. However with out CIS he gets taken down. he rarly ever uses his speed his normal way of fighting is going intangible then throwing a punch or two then a tp bolt. The x-men are a team that have worked with each other many times (these characters) and would be able to take out a non CIS MM with out too much trouble.

But like I said before if he went all out I don't have a problem with seeing him wining. however if he's going all out then Xavier should be getting to go all out and that would be onslaught.

spetznaz
Originally posted by xmeat
MM wins but the team can win with a strategy MM shouldn't be able to touch shadowcat iceman could freeze him temporarily to give rouge a chance to touch him.

XMeat: 'MM wins'

Spetz: Agreed.

XMeat: 'the team can win with a strategy.'

Spetz: Arguable. Maybe they can, most probably it just means they die tired. In this case however it is moot, since it is MM that has an hour for prep (though he really wouldn't need more than a second of prep ....if he even needs that).

XMeat: 'MM shouldn't be able to touch Shadowcat.'

Spetz: He wouldn't have to. He can go intangble too, and then things would get very interesting for Shadowcat. Interesting in a very bad bad bad way. Truly horrid.

XMeat: 'Iceman could freeze him.'

Spetz: How do you freeze an intangible object? Or how do you freeze something that is moving so fast that even a hypersonic projectile cannot impact it?

XMeat: 'giving Rogue a chance to touch him.'

Spetz: Question - if you were Rogue, would you want to absorb the powers (and due to Rogue's absorption powers) the CONSCIOUSNESS of someone like MM? What you just did is basically lose yourself to him. If Rogue ever did such a thing (which, by the way, she would NEVER get the opportunity to do due to around 10-12 different reasons), what she just did is basically give herself over to MM. He would be controlling her. That would be one of the most dangerous things to do when it comes to someone at MM's level.

Anyways ....MM for the win.
In wicked fashion.

(I wish someone could post the pic of MM taking out Ultraman. Now, that is wicked).

xmeat
the vision who is basically marvels version of j'onn could be frozen and he could go intangible just as well as MM.

spetznaz
the vision who is basically marvels version of j'onn could be frozen and he could go intangible just as well as MM.

The Vision is NOT Marvel's version of MM.

Not even close.

Just because Vision can go intangible (or do the reverse and increase his density), and has a very controlled emotional state (since he is, after all, an android), does NOT mean he is equal to MM (who basically has all the powers that Vision has, PLUS the powers of a Superman-esque character ....meaning the strength/speed/etc, PLUS telepathy, PLUS shapeshifting).

It would be like saying that a tricycle is the same as a Ferrari because both have wheels and can accomodate a human being.

Or that a model RC plane is the same as a F-22 Raptor since both can fly.

xmeat
Originally posted by spetznaz
The Vision is NOT Marvel's version of MM.

Not even close.

Just because Vision can go intangible (or do the reverse and increase his density), and has a very controlled emotional state (since he is, after all, an android), does NOT mean he is equal to MM (who basically has all the powers that Vision has, PLUS the powers of a Superman-esque character ....meaning the strength/speed/etc, PLUS telepathy, PLUS shapeshifting).

It would be like saying that a tricycle is the same as a Ferrari because both have wheels and can accomodate a human being.

Or that a model RC plane is the same as a F-22 Raptor since both can fly. you underestimate vision he beat most of the avengers himself only tor stopped him.
Vision has heatvision and enhance senses j'onn can fly in space.

TricksterPriest
I need to point out something about Rogue. When she tried to drain Mr. Sinister, the exact thing Spetnaz said would happen, did. Sinister took over her body and used her as a weapon against her teammates. He then knocked her out, and returned to his own body. So there is a precedent.

2nd, non-jobbing no PIS/CIS MM is not equivalent to Fernus. It's close, but not quite that bad. Fernus was not just a non-jobbing MM, he was the full genetic potential of the martian aka 'burning' race. So, no, MM is not Fernus, even non-jobbing etc. He's close enough though, that the X team is screwed. stick out tongue

Basically, PF Jean Grey is their only hope. wink

spetznaz
you underestimate vision he beat most of the avengers himself only tor stopped him.
Vision has heatvision and enhance senses j'onn can fly in space.

I am not underestimating the Vision. He is actually quite a cool character (and him facing Count Nefaria was interesting).

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that he is equal to MM.

Again ....using the Tricycle vs Ferrari analogy, you may be very good at riding a tricycle, and may even be able to do stunts on it. However at the end of the day it is still a three-wheeled cycle for children and no where near what a Ferrari can do!

Oh ....so the Vision has 'heat vision' (by the way, that is not really heat vision but more like force-blasts from his 'jewel') and enhanced senses.

Well ....Cyclops has a form of optic blast from his eyes, and Wolverine has 'enhanced senses.'
Thus I guess they are also equal to MM in your opinion.

She-Hulk has green skin ....thus she must be the female version of MM.

Mr. Fantastic can stretch ....MM can stretch ....goodness, they must be equal.

Xavier has telepathy and is bald .....MM has telepathy and is bald ....goodness, I guess that means Xavier must be from Mars!

MM has red eyes ....Mr. Sinister has red eyes ....eye replacement surgery must have occured, didn't it?

Bouboumaster
Like everyone said, the threats are Iceman, Xavier and Jean. Xavier and Jean could easely mindrape MM, but they must do it before been killed. It's where Iceman arrive.

5/10 to both gang.

xmeat
Originally posted by spetznaz
I am not underestimating the Vision. He is actually quite a cool character (and him facing Count Nefaria was interesting).

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that he is equal to MM.

Again ....using the Tricycle vs Ferrari analogy, you may be very good at riding a tricycle, and may even be able to do stunts on it. However at the end of the day it is still a three-wheeled cycle for children and no where near what a Ferrari can do!

Oh ....so the Vision has 'heat vision' (by the way, that is not really heat vision but more like force-blasts from his 'jewel') and enhanced senses.

Well ....Cyclops has a form of optic blast from his eyes, and Wolverine has 'enhanced senses.'
Thus I guess they are also equal to MM in your opinion.

She-Hulk has green skin ....thus she must be the female version of MM.

Mr. Fantastic can stretch ....MM can stretch ....goodness, they must be equal.

Xavier has telepathy and is bald .....MM has telepathy and is bald ....goodness, I guess that means Xavier must be from Mars!

MM has red eyes ....Mr. Sinister has red eyes ....eye replacement surgery must have occured, didn't it? no i just stated their equal cause vision has feats to show it like beating ss hyperion marvels version of supes.

Roldz
Rogue is a non-factor. She's too slow. As soon as she flares up those flames, MM uses his Martian Vision to reduce her to dust.

Her powers stolen from Sunfire is really non-factor here, we all know MM's near immune to it.. Rogue's mutant power to absorb as well as cause harm is what's a factor to this fight.. Protected by even just Iceman, shed do some major damage to MM and gave the rest of the team a chance for an all out assault..
Shadowcat is useless. When an intangible object hits another intangible object, they impact as if they were solidified. And unfortunately MM is Superman-like in strength.

I really dont know about that.. + Its not like she going to go head on phase shift towards MM.. The X-mens main strength is there Strategy and team work.. Ie. MMs phase effect on the hardest metal on Earth, Heck Iceman could effect the energiest, molecules on the invironment, a slight weakness against MM's this team can work on it.. They've done so in the past..

Yup thats one thing going for him dough but between Jeans and Xaviers Tk shield, Shadowcats phase shift or Icemans liquid transportation (his done this before) if they play defensively they've got a good chance of countering those blitz..

Yes the others wouldnt be that much of a threat but pulling all there powers together they got a very good chance of countering MM's attacks specially when Cykes leading the team..

That would be quite difficult for him to do, if it is even possible considering 2 of the most powerfull psi talent is in the line up..

Well thats good and all but Jean and Xavier is there mentally attacking MM as well, a combined assault between this people would cause some major damage against MM..

Wudenko
MM speedblitzez the Xmen... But Iceman is the hag!
Nah, MM can walk through everything Iceman would throw at him, the only thing he should be afraid of is dehydrating. But as his molecular control makes him able to pass right through things... I dont see Icemans powers working. MM can also mindrape him. His body must be gone, but his mind is still there.

Wudenko
I wont add this as a victory as my recordlist, as i still feel that can come arguments from the Xmens side

Wudenko
But the Xmen arguments until now are too lame to last. MM is superior in every way

Martian_mind
None of the X-men can take his speed/strength/eyeblast/telepathy onslaught that a no CIS Jonn would lay down.....

Fernus is a whiny emo *****...

Wudenko
Martian Mind, know what???

I jsut takes this fight as a victorybig grin
Nothing the Xmen can do to himbig grin

Martian_mind
Damn straight...

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic158.jpg

That was for Spetnaz...

Wudenko
Nicebig grin
MM, has been here one day and check ma record list alreadybig grin

Martian_mind
Nice.

Lollipop.

Wudenko
Candyflushsmile

Martian_mind
Caramel.

Wudenko
****ed up ****ing ****ed ****ing ****t up applepiesmile

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Wudenko
****ed up ****ing ****ed ****ing ****t up applepiesmile

no

spetznaz
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Damn straight...

That was for Spetnaz...

Darn right!

Thanks for the picture.

I especially like the quote MM tells Ultraman:

"I can modify my molecular structure in response to ANY thought you form. This is NOT combat; you were already beaten the moment you chose to engage me."

jasofisc
ok so if we are doing an all out on both sides despite how they normally fight then prof. x gets to go all out too. Which means the x-men have an onslaught level character on there side. What people don't seem to understand about X is that onslaught was his creation. Therefore he has the power of onslaught at his control he just always jobbes and holds back. So if MM gets to go all out with out considering the way he normally fights and operates so does x which mean MM still goes down. Unless some one want to say how even Onslaught pluss all the powers of the rest of the x-men would do nothing to MM (full power) which would make you close to a fanboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.