Siegfried vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Nothing
Siegfried: He has his Soul Calibur.

Link: Has only his sheild and Master Sword.

Darkstorm Zero
Hard to say... Soul Calibur's power only fully comes out to combat Soul Edge...The Master Sword doesn't have that limitation. Under that condition, I have to say Link takes the majority

King Nothing
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hard to say... Soul Calibur's power only fully comes out to combat Soul Edge...The Master Sword doesn't have that limitation. Under that condition, I have to say Link takes the majority So Seigfreid would be better off with his original blade?

Personaly, I think Seigfreid can defeat Link if Link has no items, special clothing, or any other weapons outside his Master Sword.

beta ray bob
ya, plus siggie's sword would have the convenience of smashing link's face in WHILE he's cutting him in half

Cloud_VII
Siegried.

Period.

Superboy Prime
I disagree. Link's fast enough to counter Siegfried's slashes and his shield is durable enough to withstand blow after blow. If anything Link's shield gives him the advantage he needs against Siegried. People tend to forget Link can roll, backflip, parry and if Link is at full health his Master Sword will be shooting blasts at Siegfried from a safe distance.

kamikz
Indeed. I admit I don't know anything about Siegfried, but has he done anything to proven himself? Link sure has, and as SP said, he sure has a huge range advantage...

ESB -1138
Originally posted by King Nothing
So Seigfreid would be better off with his original blade?

Personaly, I think Seigfreid can defeat Link if Link has no items, special clothing, or any other weapons outside his Master Sword.

You didn't say which Link. But since you said Link has the Master Sword that does narrow it down a little.

A Link to the Past: I'll have to give it to Seigfreid. Link is just a kid who really never seem to have any training to boost. Seigfreid would be stronger, faster, and has far more experience for aLttP Link to handle.

Ocarina of Time: I'll have to give to again to Seigfreid. OoT Link even as an adult still lacks the experience and training to handle someone like Seigfreid. Link may be 17 when he has the Master Sword but during those 7 years Link hasn't done a thing so he still has the training of his 10 year old self.

Wind Waker: This one seems closer. WW Link is faster and was given proper sword training. This Link actually know how to wield a sword and is capable of moving fast. I'm leaning towards Seigfreid with this one.

Twilight Princess: This Link has sword training but to a further extent then the WW Link because he is a bit older (5-9 years older). TP Link is pretty strong since he can stop a rampaging goat thingie in its tracks. I'll have to give the fight to TP Link for this round due to Link's speed, strength, and proper training not just from a sword master but also from the Golden Wolf who taught him the lost arts.

King Nothing
Originally posted by ESB -1138

: This Link has sword training but to a further extent then the WW Link because he is a bit older (5-9 years older). TP Link is pretty strong since he can stop a rampaging goat thingie in its tracks. I'll have to give the fight to TP Link for this round due to Link's speed, strength, and proper training not just from a sword master but also from the Golden Wolf who taught him the lost arts. It's the Twilight Princess Link.Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I disagree. Link's fast enough to counter Siegfried's slashes and his shield is durable enough to withstand blow after blow. If anything Link's shield gives him the advantage he needs against Siegried. People tend to forget Link can roll, backflip, parry and if Link is at full health his Master Sword will be shooting blasts at Siegfried from a safe distance. Well, it's more of an actual sword fight then a gameplay battle so their movements are not ristricted to what they can do in the game. With that being said, I think Seigfreid would be able roll and back flip as well. I would still tilt in Seigfreid's favor, he did over whelm Nightmare from with in but It can really go either way.

ESB -1138
I actually have to disagree about Siegfried being able to back flip like Link. His heavy armor would seem to limit his movements making Link far more agile then Siegfried. Link also has some of the lost arts taught to him by the Golden Wolf and training from a sword master to help him know what to do in the heat of this battle.

And Link has faced off against some powerful foes in sword battles. Such as the General of the Moblins (twice on horseback and twice on foot) as well as Zant and Ganondorf. Link manages to overpower Ganondorf when the two lock blades proving that Link is capable of some impressive feats with just his phyiscal strength.

Siegfried won't go down like that considering everything he's been through but his fight with Nightmare semed to just be spiritually and not physically like Link's in OoT against his dark counterpart Dark Link.

I will have to lean more towards TP Link winning the fight.

King Nothing
Well Siegfried doesn't necessarily have to wear the armored costumes, why not have him in the 2nd player Nightmare costume in SC2. Sigfried has physically defeated Inferno, that's like beating Nightmare, if not harder.

ESB -1138
Still, even without the armor I doubt Siegfried would be capable of keeping up with Link's agility. And defeating Inferno is an impressive feat but I would say that defeating Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power would make for a more impressive victory considering Ganondorf defeated Midna with the Fused Shadows which before showed that with just a fraction Midna managed to obliterate Zant.

Siegfried doesn't seem like the agile type with or without the armor. It seems he bases his fighting style by physically overpowering his opponent due to his large sword and size where as Link normally faces enemies much larger then him so he relies more on agility.

Still Siegfried does wield his sword quickly despite it's size but Link did dodge an Iron Knuckles' sword that it threw at Link from a few feet away.

Now the next two are the last boss battles to show some of Link's capabilities in a fight:

Link fighting Ganondorf on horseback

Link fighting Ganondorf on foot

kamikz
You didn't say which Link. But since you said Link has the Master Sword that does narrow it down a little.

A Link to the Past: I'll have to give it to Seigfreid. Link is just a kid who really never seem to have any training to boost. Seigfreid would be stronger, faster, and has far more experience for aLttP Link to handle.

Ocarina of Time: I'll have to give to again to Seigfreid. OoT Link even as an adult still lacks the experience and training to handle someone like Seigfreid. Link may be 17 when he has the Master Sword but during those 7 years Link hasn't done a thing so he still has the training of his 10 year old self.

Wind Waker: This one seems closer. WW Link is faster and was given proper sword training. This Link actually know how to wield a sword and is capable of moving fast. I'm leaning towards Seigfreid with this one.

Twilight Princess: This Link has sword training but to a further extent then the WW Link because he is a bit older (5-9 years older). TP Link is pretty strong since he can stop a rampaging goat thingie in its tracks. I'll have to give the fight to TP Link for this round due to Link's speed, strength, and proper training not just from a sword master but also from the Golden Wolf who taught him the lost arts.

Hmmm, I just don't agree with the OOT or ALTTP ones.

ALTTP: Sure, Link doesn't have any traning at that point, but it is in his blood, in his future, and in his power to be an amazing warrior. The first time Link touched a sword in ALTTP he could defeat a whole castle of trained warriors to free the princess, and many, many other beings later on. He is very good swordsman, though that might not be enough....

OOT: Well it's pretty much the same deal as in ALTTP, that he is already a masterful swordsman the very first time he touches a blade. But here, he is an adult, and a very fit one as well. (You just have to look at him stick out tongue) He has both strenght, speed and size advantage from ALTTP Link, and he is called a master swordsman and warrior on several occations, most noticable by Nabooru, who herself is a leader among a warrior/thief communtiy which barley do anything but fight and plunder.
Since they didn't specify, he could have his magics, since that is a part of him and not an item. But maybe that's forbidden, well I don't know. I lack the knowledge of Siegrfreid anyway...

Just wanted to share my opinion on those two, not asking you to argue, nor am I arguing with your outcomes, I just wanted to say that stick out tongue....

Superboy Prime
I agree. Just because they don't have any training per se doesn't mean they are morons with knives hoping to hit stuff when they take a swing. Stands to reason the Links are just naturals who, without proper training, are able to overcome vast odds and save the day. It IS part of their character. Besides they often fight enemies with swords, shields etc. in their adventures so it isn't like the Links haven't fought someone like Siegfried before.

ESB -1138
Whoa. Now you are basing skill to gameplay. And magic isn't a part of Link because the Great Fairy gave Link the magic. And for Nabooru calling Link a swordsmaster, basically when she battled Link as an Iron Knuckle she didn't remember a thing (fight included) and when you fought her as Twinrova Link didn't have to display anything about sword fighting other then lift shield to deflect and hack and slash away. Hacking and slashing does not equal skill. Sounds more like Nabooru had a thing for Link.

And really for a 2D game Link basically had the hack and slash fighting skill. And you seem to be basing your argument on blood which doesn't mean ****. Just because one of your ancestors was a skilled swordsman doesn't mean you will. And there is no proof in anyway that even suggests that any of the Links (expect the one from the NES Zelda) had any kids. In fact Wind Waker makes it clear that the OoT Link (which is suppose to be the first Link) left Hyrule and never returned thus meaning that it was impossible for Link to have children. And that was the beginning cut scene.

Basing your agruments on pure gameplay does not make anything cannon. Look at the links to the Link and Ganondorf fight a few posts above. The player controlling Link was getting hit every few seconds and yet when I fought Ganondorf I went through the entire fight not getting touched. Link did go through an entire castle to rescue Zelda but how he did it is up to question. For all you know Link snuck pass all the guards expect the few he had to go through. And the boss with the ball and chain could have been defeated many ways. The easiest and most used way is throwing pots at him.

The thing is everyone has a chance to be an amazing warrior but saying that's a reason one could win is redundant. The only Links capable of fighting Siegfried and winning would be Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Link.

Superboy Prime
I am not basing skill on gameplay. Why the **** do you come up with that?

And I'm sorry but I do think OoT Link is more than capable of beating Nightmare.

King Nothing
Still, even without the armor I doubt Siegfried would be capable of keeping up with Link's agility. And defeating Inferno is an impressive feat but I would say that defeating Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power would make for a more impressive victory considering Ganondorf defeated Midna with the Fused Shadows which before showed that with just a fraction Midna managed to obliterate Zant.

Siegfried doesn't seem like the agile type with or without the armor. It seems he bases his fighting style by physically overpowering his opponent due to his large sword and size where as Link normally faces enemies much larger then him so he relies more on agility.

Still Siegfried does wield his sword quickly despite it's size but Link did dodge an Iron Knuckles' sword that it threw at Link from a few feet away.

Now the next two are the last boss battles to show some of Link's capabilities in a fight:

Link fighting Ganondorf on horseback

Link fighting Ganondorf on foot Those are some great vids. I do see Link being more agile then Seifreid but Siegfried is stronger considering with some moves he swings the sword with 1 hand.

Also, Link in those fights was not just Link, his shield and his sword. He had the Triforce, did he not? I'm thinking of a basic sword to sword fight, nothing else but swords (and a shield in Link's case).

One more thing, the fights between Link and Ganon was great but from the looks of things, Inferno seems to be more powerful then that version of Ganon. I think Siegfried defeating Inferno with no help or anything special, just his sword is a better feat still. (for this type of basic battle anyway)

ESB -1138
Originally posted by King Nothing
Those are some great vids. I do see Link being more agile then Seifreid but Siegfried is stronger considering with some moves he swings the sword with 1 hand.

Also, Link in those fights was not just Link, his shield and his sword. He had the Triforce, did he not? I'm thinking of a basic sword to sword fight, nothing else but swords (and a shield in Link's case).

One more thing, the fights between Link and Ganon was great but from the looks of things, Inferno seems to be more powerful then that version of Ganon. I think Siegfried defeating Inferno with no help or anything special, just his sword is a better feat still. (for this type of basic battle anyway)

Since when does the Triforce of Courage increase Link's physical powers?

kamikz
Whoa. Now you are basing skill to gameplay. And magic isn't a part of Link because the Great Fairy gave Link the magic. And for Nabooru calling Link a swordsmaster, basically when she battled Link as an Iron Knuckle she didn't remember a thing (fight included) and when you fought her as Twinrova Link didn't have to display anything about sword fighting other then lift shield to deflect and hack and slash away. Hacking and slashing does not equal skill. Sounds more like Nabooru had a thing for Link.

And really for a 2D game Link basically had the hack and slash fighting skill. And you seem to be basing your argument on blood which doesn't mean ****. Just because one of your ancestors was a skilled swordsman doesn't mean you will. And there is no proof in anyway that even suggests that any of the Links (expect the one from the NES Zelda) had any kids. In fact Wind Waker makes it clear that the OoT Link (which is suppose to be the first Link) left Hyrule and never returned thus meaning that it was impossible for Link to have children. And that was the beginning cut scene.

Basing your agruments on pure gameplay does not make anything cannon. Look at the links to the Link and Ganondorf fight a few posts above. The player controlling Link was getting hit every few seconds and yet when I fought Ganondorf I went through the entire fight not getting touched. Link did go through an entire castle to rescue Zelda but how he did it is up to question. For all you know Link snuck pass all the guards expect the few he had to go through. And the boss with the ball and chain could have been defeated many ways. The easiest and most used way is throwing pots at him.

The thing is everyone has a chance to be an amazing warrior but saying that's a reason one could win is redundant. The only Links capable of fighting Siegfried and winning would be Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Link.

Go and defeat Twinrova, and watch Nabooru tell you that. I'd call her a more reliable source than you...
And the great fairy gave Link magic abilities, so how is it not a part of him anymore suddenly? Like the sword master traning TP Link in a abilities, he didn't have them at first, so it's not a part of him anymore, huh?

Lol! Who is basing on gameplay now? You're the one constantly saying Link "hacks and slashes", but THAT my friend, is gameplay. Every single person that Link defeats that says something, compliments his skills and swordsmanship, so clearly, he does not only "hack and slash".

And don't say you're basing the blood line on real humans? Link is chosen by the gods, he is a descendent of the hero (TP Link for example), and as the gods say, "everything he knows, you will know" etc.
It is obvious that Link is reborn in different times (as Ganondorf says, "The Hero of time reborn"wink.

And how logical is it that Link's grandpa, who actually was somewhat a swordsman, he had a sword and shield and all, died on the first guard in the palace, yet Link magically survives? Snuck through those small corridors? Nah....

Oh, and TP and WW Link has better swordskills, because the technology is better, their ideas of the Zelda game expand, and they need something new....

Superboy Prime
Since when does the Triforce of Courage increase Link's physical powers?

Exactly. Ganondorf is the one that has the Triforce of Power.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by kamikz
Go and defeat Twinrova, and watch Nabooru tell you that. I'd call her a more reliable source than you...
And the great fairy gave Link magic abilities, so how is it not a part of him anymore suddenly? Like the sword master traning TP Link in a abilities, he didn't have them at first, so it's not a part of him anymore, huh?

Lol! Who is basing on gameplay now? You're the one constantly saying Link "hacks and slashes", but THAT my friend, is gameplay. Every single person that Link defeats that says something, compliments his skills and swordsmanship, so clearly, he does not only "hack and slash".

And don't say you're basing the blood line on real humans? Link is chosen by the gods, he is a descendent of the hero (TP Link for example), and as the gods say, "everything he knows, you will know" etc.
It is obvious that Link is reborn in different times (as Ganondorf says, "The Hero of time reborn"wink.

And how logical is it that Link's grandpa, who actually was somewhat a swordsman, he had a sword and shield and all, died on the first guard in the palace, yet Link magically survives? Snuck through those small corridors? Nah....

Oh, and TP and WW Link has better swordskills, because the technology is better, their ideas of the Zelda game expand, and they need something new....

You don't know what Link's uncle did and he didn't die because he returned at the end. He's old, and for all you know it was physical problems. And again Nabooru NEVER SAW LINK FIGHT!! When she was an Iron Knuckle and Link defeated her she had no clue where she was. The second round she wasn't present. Again it sounds more like she was just hitting on Link.

And here you are crying that it's technology and not actual training. Link is a 10 year old boy who never touched a sword compared to a 16-19 year old Link who has had a sword master and was even trained by a golden wolf.

And really one being "reborn" doesn't mean you will have the same physical powers as the other. Heck you don't even know if he was reborn. Saying "the Hero of Time reborn" is basically saying there's a new Hero of Time. And Link never had children because as WW stated he went away and never returned.

Let's see...you train everyday and practice for years. Now someone gives you something. What's a part of you? Oh and magic doesn't do anything for Link other then allow him to use some magical powers. TP Link was trained by the Golden Wolf and a sword master. OoT Link has never have proper sword training. He learned everything from field battle. TP Link learned everyting from someone who knew how to wield a sword and TP Link went through as much as OoT Link but already had a huge head start with his advance sword training.

kamikz
You don't know what Link's uncle did and he didn't die because he returned at the end. He's old, and for all you know it was physical problems. And again Nabooru NEVER SAW LINK FIGHT!! When she was an Iron Knuckle and Link defeated her she had no clue where she was. The second round she wasn't present. Again it sounds more like she was just hitting on Link.

And here you are crying that it's technology and not actual training. Link is a 10 year old boy who never touched a sword compared to a 16-19 year old Link who has had a sword master and was even trained by a golden wolf.

And really one being "reborn" doesn't mean you will have the same physical powers as the other. Heck you don't even know if he was reborn. Saying "the Hero of Time reborn" is basically saying there's a new Hero of Time. And Link never had children because as WW stated he went away and never returned.

Let's see...you train everyday and practice for years. Now someone gives you something. What's a part of you? Oh and magic doesn't do anything for Link other then allow him to use some magical powers. TP Link was trained by the Golden Wolf and a sword master. OoT Link has never have proper sword training. He learned everything from field battle. TP Link learned everyting from someone who knew how to wield a sword and TP Link went through as much as OoT Link but already had a huge head start with his advance sword training.

Nabooru knows wtf the temple has inside it, she also knows that Link has gone through hell to get there. Of course she would see him as a great fighter.

What, his uncle runs away with sword and shield to save Zelda, then dies from a hearth attack when he enters the castle? Very unlikely...

And here you are yet again crying that Link sucks because he is a kid. WRONG! Have you learn't nothing of Zelda? Link always come back in one form or another, TP ****ing states that TP Link has all that the old hero has in him, without any freaking traning as much as a hylian knight of old would. He was just a farmer who happened to have one swordsman in his villaige. Besides, I don't see PT Link doing more than swinging as well, only more gracious. If you're going to obsess that such things aren't passed on, here are two things you should know...

1. It's fiction, it's not real.
2. It is stated that Link is returning, as chosen by the gods, and has the abilities of the hero of old.

OOT Link has freaking invulnerability in his magic capabilities, better than anything PT Link has.
And I have never once stated that OOT Link is better as a swordsman than PT Link, NEVER! But you make it seem like the other Link's suck with swords, which they apparently don't. They don't have any extra traning, but they have tons of field experience, the bloodline of the hero, chosen by the gods, etc.
And really, what did the oh so powerful golden wolf teach him? He taught him for about 20 seconds each time, and it was one ability at those times.
Doubt the killing strike would be useful, seeing how his enemies won't be on the ground, and if they are, Link would require something like a hit on them to go there, which would already be devestating.
Lethal draw is to dangerous to perform against good combatents, like 30% chance for him to do it.
Shield knock, anyone could do that. It's just gameplay....
The helm splitterer is good, but would be hard to get in, especially since he needs to catch his prey's off guard, by like knocking them out for some seconds.
The roll is very useful.
The spin is also very good, but he needs to be in perfect shape.
The jump attack is useless.

Those are just minor special abilities, they don't make the fight, and certainley isn't more than looking good on paper. It's not like years of traning, just some abilities.

beta ray bob
hehe, Siggie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.