300 : The Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G U I T A R
Wouldnt that be sick if they made a game from the movie 300? I saw the movie and I personally think it's an awesome movie id rate it a freakin 10. Anyone know any info on if they are in the process of making a 300 game or just suggestions on what you think if they did make one?

General G
You got me really excited with the topic of this thread, I actually thought there was a 300 game, now I'm disappointed... sad

But yeah, that would be pretty awesome

G U I T A R
Lol, I was excited just thinking of it. youpi

General G
I know, doing all those battles with spears and swords, it would be awesome! I would definately buy it, I thought about a 300 game as I was leaving the theater and how it would play out, there would be pretty much all fighting, it worked for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King though, so I think they should make it.

G U I T A R
It will have battles, a love story, and the best of all...humor smile

General G
I thought the part when Leonidas was eating an apple after the first battle was quite funny and ironic, "we can still be civil can't we (while walking over bodies of Persians)" "of course! (turns around and stabs someone)"

G U I T A R
Lmao that was great.

G U I T A R
But yea these graphics would be top of the line stuff, I would be so pumped if they made this game!

General G
Xbox 360 anyone? It would have a lot of potential on there

ESB -1138
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Wouldnt that be sick if they made a game from the movie 300? I saw the movie and I personally think it's an awesome movie id rate it a freakin 10. Anyone know any info on if they are in the process of making a 300 game or just suggestions on what you think if they did make one?

There IS a game based on 300. It's called 300: March to Glory but it's only for the PSP.

G U I T A R
Yeah, but im talking about a game for 300 for the gaming consoles such as 360 and ps3.

General G
Although, the ps3 is not really needed...

G U I T A R
Yeah well if I just say 360 we will have some flammers.

SaTsuJiN
the movie was more like waching a live RTS than anything

would you prefer it was action-adventure?

or they could make it online so you and a group of people can do the phalanx formation

exanda kane
Would the game be as camp as the movie?

General G

True...

This is gameplay for the game 300: March to Glory for the PSP, they could make this SO much better/better looking if they put it on a next-gen system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT5QLNp2_fs&mode=related&search=

MadMel
WII VERSHUUUUUUUuUN!!!!#!@#@@324321
laughing

Kazenji
Originally posted by General G
Although, the ps3 is not really needed...

X-box fanboyism

General G
Originally posted by Kazenji
X-box fanboyism

Guilty

The ps3 is not really all that great...

G U I T A R
Ownt

Spartan005
For a PSP game that looks pretty damn good.... but yeah imagine that in first person with Gears of War graphics droolio

G U I T A R
I know...Id go crazy with it.

General G
That would be AWESOME!

And G U I T A R, your sig is obviously referring to the Covenant from Halo 1/2, is the date referring to the release date of Halo 3? Because they said they might actually release it in September to get away from the holiday rush...

Spartan005
That would be AWESOME!

And G U I T A R, your sig is obviously referring to the Covenant from Halo 1/2, is the date referring to the release date of Halo 3? Because they said they might actually release it in September to get away from the holiday rush...

I don't want them too... honestly I'll wait another 3 years for Halo 3 just as long as they make it perfect.

Damnit I really want 300 out on the 360....

General G
Originally posted by Spartan005
I don't want them too... honestly I'll wait another 3 years for Halo 3 just as long as they make it perfect.

Damnit I really want 300 out on the 360....

Well if it is perfect for a September release, then they should do it, Bungie won't release it until it is done anyways, they want it just as perfect as the rest of the Halo world, Microsoft will just have to wait, they won't be able to rush them, Halo 3 will be what is selling 360's, that is what I bought mine for at first, then some good games came out for it.

That would be a perfect game while we all wait for Halo 3, it would keep a lot of Halo fans busy until then.

Tptmanno1
I dunno, I would be incredibly skeptical about a 300 game.
The fighting style and time period really don't lend themselves to a decent action videogame. I mean, how do you replicate Phalanx spear fighting? Press A to hold, and B to stab. Repeat. And repeat. and repeat.
Boring.
The only thing that could feasably be pulled off would be a RTS
But that would be just as boring. go into the pass. Create phalanx. Wait for inevitable death.

Barker
Originally posted by MadMel
WII VERSHUUUUUUUuUN!!!!#!@#@@324321
laughing
no expression

Spartan005
I think they could pull it off... they could probably make a movie where you can jump and then aim your spear with the joysticks while having to avoid getting hit by the persians. And the sword fighting would be awesome, just imagine Oblivion style gameplay only with more advanced moves to perform.

K73SK
a 300 game probably wouldn't be so great...i mean think about it...what would you do? you have 300 spartans...you can't make no more after that...you have to fight battles with 300...it sounds more like a survival game than anything to me. yeah the game would blow, stick with the movie, cuz its my fav movie now and the last thing they need is a game to ruin it stick out tongue

General G
They could do something similar to LOTR: Return of the King kind of fighting style, that seemed to work

K73SK
They could do something similar to LOTR: Return of the King kind of fighting style, that seemed to work yeah but it had no replay value :[

ragesRemorse

I thought they did, isnt on psp? If its not out yet i know it will be out. I saw a preview for it on g4 months ago. If they did make one for 360 or ps3, i doubt it would be anything less than a bad version of dynasty warriors, and i hate paying 60$ just to end up pressing the same button combinations over and over. I definently think there are many untapped possibilities for games surrounding the ancient eras of our world. God of war, prince of persia, assasins creed, just a few examples of what can be done there.

Have you ever played the ps2 game spartan? You may like that if your into those kind of, steel, muscle,and armour games. It plays much like dynasty warriors but actually has a bit of variety in the gameplay

Spartan005
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I thought they did, isnt on psp? If its not out yet i know it will be out. I saw a preview for it on g4 months ago. If they did make one for 360 or ps3, i doubt it would be anything less than a bad version of dynasty warriors, and i hate paying 60$ just to end up pressing the same button combinations over and over. I definently think there are many untapped possibilities for games surrounding the ancient eras of our world. God of war, prince of persia, assasins creed, just a few examples of what can be done there.

Have you ever played the ps2 game spartan? You may like that if your into those kind of, steel, muscle,and armour games. It plays much like dynasty warriors but actually has a bit of variety in the gameplay

You mean God of War? Well no... considering I don't a Playstation, but I heard it got great reviews. Oblivion works for me though

((The_Anomaly))
A game about 300 would end up being too similar to God of War IMO. Though the movie ruled.

Pulse2
Exactly, 300 the game is a God of war wannabe :P It might as well stay on 360 if it comes out, 360 needs something other then shooters. smile

Kazenji
Guilty

The ps3 is not really all that great...

And yet the fanboyism continues....

G U I T A R
Originally posted by Pulse2
Exactly, 300 the game is a God of war wannabe :P It might as well stay on 360 if it comes out, 360 needs something other then shooters. smile

360 got oblivion.. 360 > ps2/3

G U I T A R
That would be AWESOME!

My sig is from the release of Halo 2 but Halo 3 comes out in November I already put my pre-order in for it.

General G
My sig is from the release of Halo 2 but Halo 3 comes out in November I already put my pre-order in for it.

It might actually come out September or October, they want to release it before the holiday rush, but they are not 100% sure yet, Bungie still hasn't released a launch date yet, so no video game retailers will know when it comes out

G U I T A R
Nah, im positive it will come out November. It's the perfect time to release the most anticipated game of the year. smile

General G
You can be as positive as you want, I hope they do release it November just to make sure it is absolutely PERFECT, but this says different:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772950p1.html

((The_Anomaly))
360 got oblivion.. 360 > ps2/3

You realise Oblivion is coming out on the PS3 in like a month right?

General G
Ok, then 360 got Gears and Halo 3, nuff said

Pulse2
shooters...isnt that what I just said messed Thats why he pointed out Oblivion, lol

The 300 gamer team chose PSP because they started late so only had enough time to do a game on PSP and the game ended up sucking, I hopw GOWPSP makes up for this disgrace of a game :P I doubt that even if it moved to other consoles it would make a significant diffference, PS owners already have a spartan game, GOW, so it makes little difference to us, but looking at the PSP version tells me the 300 on console will just be a God of war wannabe. Unless they take the age of empires direction and go RTS instead which in fact I would much prefer.

Movies to games usually suck -_- and visa versa.

G U I T A R
IDC Ive always despised Sony, 360 owns PS3 in all levels especially online play.

Menetnashté
IDC Ive always despised Sony, 360 owns PS3 in all levels especially online play.
Why do you despise sony? PSP sucks sure but PS2 and PS3 have some pretty awesome games like Metal Gear solid and Kingdom hearts I have both systems but Xbox has to many shooters for my taste I have a hard time finding one that isn't a shooter in my Xbox collection

Silverstein
as soon as i saw 300 i wished they made a 300 game for 360 sad

if they made it a massive online thing like WoW they could have like spartans/acadians or w/e VS persian empire

or take a God of War type road, but you need the fellow spartans and the only game that makes me feel like i got my back covered is Gears of War...hmmm...and RTS are not intense in my opinion

and yeah, i used to love Playstation(in general), but i got a 360 and its actually pretty amazing

G U I T A R

((The_Anomaly))
Well the Xbox is your console if you like shooter games, they make up like 80% of 360's game library. I'm not a huge shooter fan, so 360 isnt my thing. I like a good FPS now and again but they get boring fast.

G U I T A R
FPS?

General G
FPS?

First Person Shooter wink

G U I T A R
Oh, I dont keep up with the abreviated stuff. smile

forumcrew
wouldnt make a good game without ruining everything the battle was about. Unless the game forced you to play online with a large contingent of others to work together to fight off hordes for hours.

Silverstein
i say make 300 like god of war, except you can interact with co operative a.i. for single player like, some sort of fun gameplay aspect to form the wall of spartan shields, and stuff like that, and multiplayer online should be massive, w/customizable spartan (facial/hair/body hair). like god of war i press like 'circle' and kratos does something sick, its simple but fun. 300 could use that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.