Sock Check

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LifeInSepia
How do you perform a sock check? I mean, you can hardly PM someone asking them if they are a sock now can you?

Kongu Dude
Good question. srug

dave_kodak
if i was a sock, i would be lost in the dryer....

Les yeux clos
IP.

Marko
They Check your IP address.

LifeInSepia
k, thanks guys. But, what if they joined on a different computer?

Bloigen
Originally posted by LifeInSepia

Then you're ****ed? bloigensrug

Kaldorei
Originally posted by LifeInSepia

Even if they would join from a different computer, the IP will be shown from their latest login. If it was at home, then probably will both of the accounts be shown if that was the location of his other account.

At least that is how things worked at my old forum blink

I just hope that they do not restrict accounts because of the same IP, just like that confused
I mean, what if it is a brother and a sister, perhaps? Or two people living together?

In that case, maybe not even going by the Mac adress will help. If siblings sit by the same computer.

After countering myself, now I want to know too, how this Sock investigation works eek!

/Best of wishes- Kaldorei.

Syren
I had to ask Raz if my brother could join using my computer while he was staying with me. He ended up going home and joining, but I would have needed Raz's permission so that my brother and I didn't end up being accused of socking.

BakaXero
Sock check = Ask mod
bro and sis on same comp = Ask Raz (altough the guy seems to be MIA, even the movie news on the main hasn't been updated in a while.)

Syren
Or, if you can't wait, make sure you send a PM to Raz before your sibling joins the forum just so that he's aware whenever he does return smile

Lana
Originally posted by BakaXero
Sock check = Ask mod
bro and sis on same comp = Ask Raz (altough the guy seems to be MIA, even the movie news on the main hasn't been updated in a while.)

Raz doesn't update the main page, I don't think, anyway.

Storm
Raz runs the forums, Zed runs/used to run the main site.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Storm
Raz runs the forums, Zed runs/used to run the main site.
well they both to seem to be MIA.

Bloigen
Originally posted by BakaXero
well they both to seem to be MIA.

I heard BakaZero killed them.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Bloigen
I heard BakaZero killed them.
Don't know the guy.
no relations to me.
but if i saw one roaming around I'd definately ask for a sock check

Syren
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.