Cpt. Britain vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
These two characters are equal in abilities so I matched them together. The fight takes place on the shores of the UK somewhere so Namor is fresh out of the water.

TheKahn
Not only does Namor win, but he wins over the hearts of the Europeans because of their shared love of the speedo whistle

DrDoom101
Namor wins too much. Im gonne be nice to Captain Britain and say he wins. Capt Britain's underrated

princegoku
i dont like captain Britain because of British stereotypes, i think Namor would win

DarkCrawler
Captain Britain (I suppose this is not the reality manipulating one) is faster. At least twice as fast in flying speed.

However, Namor is far, far stronger (Britain is Class 90, unless someone has a strenght feat of him doing Class 100 stuff) Namor is also more experienced. Faster in fighting speed.

I'll give this to Namor 7/10.

leonheartmm
what about the cosmic power of excaliber though?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Captain Britain (I suppose this is not the reality manipulating one) is faster. At least twice as fast in flying speed.

However, Namor is far, far stronger (Britain is Class 90, unless someone has a strenght feat of him doing Class 100 stuff) Namor is also more experienced. Faster in fighting speed.

I'll give this to Namor 7/10.

How is he faster in fighting speed? Whats that based on? CB has enhanced reflexes as well plus hes faster in the air than Namor.

BetaRayBill
It seems that Captain Britains been upgraded since I last read any comics with him in it. Anyone care to let me know his upgraded powers?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
How is he faster in fighting speed? Whats that based on? CB has enhanced reflexes as well plus hes faster in the air than Namor.

Based on his countless speed feats with his hands and legs which you would know if you had read the updated feat list of him...whistling

Of course, if you can show that CB is faster with fighting speed, be my guest...and I already said that CB is faster flyer.

snoopdogg
Based on his countless speed feats with his hands and legs which you would know if you had read the updated feat list of him...whistling

Of course, if you can show that CB is faster with fighting speed, be my guest...and I already said that CB is faster flyer. Do you have any scans to prove Namor is faster in fighting speed than Cap.?

snoopdogg
Bumbin this Sh!t.

DarkCrawler
Damn, this thing is over a year old. Why bump?

Namor would still win unless Cap has gotten some huge upgrades over the years...

snoopdogg
Damn, this thing is over a year old. Why bump?

Namor would still win unless Cap has gotten some huge upgrades over the years... We didn't get anywhere last time. And now Cap Britain has a respect thread people can go through. But yea I go with Namor also.

DigiMark007
Didn't find it in the search.

This is current Cpt. Britain...the very first version of him was << what he eventually became.

-DM

SpunkySmurph
Capt. Britain, 8/10

DigiMark007
For some reason, I've taken a a liking to CB. He seems like a cool Namor-ish brawler that doesn't get enough credit.

Oh, and I should've also said "No Excalibur for CB...just base stats. Also, Namor's fresh out of water but the fight's on land"

guy222
Originally posted by DigiMark007

This is current Cpt. Britain...the very first version of him was << what he eventually became.

-DM

I will do it, Digi smile Capt Britain ftw

snoopdogg

-DM
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387442& amp;highlight=title%3A%28captain+britain+vs+namor%

And Captain Britain wins.

DarkCrawler
So...what has current Captain Britain done that would give him the majority? I haven't been reading the new Excalibur...

snoopdogg
So...what has current Captain Britain done that would give him the majority? I haven't been reading the new Excalibur... He had a awesome speedblitz in the latest issue to show his incredible speed.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/CaptainBritainspeed1exc16.jpg

The Pict
Capt Britain hasn't been particularly impressive during New Excalibur, but I'd say he wins here.

Lucid Lui
Eh... I see this as being pretty even. I could probably be swayed in either's favour, but i tend to lean more towards to Namor.

Good fight though. It'd be a cool one to see.

jrodslam
Im still not seeing why ppl are saying Cap Brit wins.

As of now, im going with Namor.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snoopdogg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387442& amp;highlight=title%3A%28captain+britain+vs+namor%

And Captain Britain wins.

Thanks. Merged.

bigbran
What's the difference between classic and current?

I haven't been reading New Excalibur, and I have all the old Excalibur ones... so can someone tell me what's the difference?
The last comic I read with him in it, he had Excalibur...

Although I did read the Juggernaut one.

DigiMark007
There wasn't an "upgrade" moment with CB, but his early stuff he was written at a lower level. Gradually, writers made him more and more powerful until he was around Namor's level (give or take a little). That's where he is currently.

bigbran
There wasn't an "upgrade" moment with CB, but his early stuff he was written at a lower level. Gradually, writers made him more and more powerful until he was around Namor's level (give or take a little). That's where he is currently. OK, thanks.

Well... I think that old Excalibur Britain could take him... so obviously a more powerful one, in my mind, would beat Namor.
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/22695/Excalibur 14p16.th.jpg
shifty

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Yeah, for whatever that's worth.

But in a few early showings, he was seen kind of as Britain's Captain America....but now he's obviously much stronger/faster/etc.

...but you probably know more than I do about CB in general, since I've only read scattered showings and your respect thread.

bigbran
laughing out loud

Yeah, for whatever that's worth.

But in a few early showings, he was seen kind of as Britain's Captain America....but now he's obviously much stronger/faster/etc. Guardian is seen as Canada's Captain America...

Also, even in the later issues, Britain was comparing himself to Captain America. No biggie.
Just the idol thing. Not really power.

Anyway... I think he could take a 7/10 win to Namor.

Wonder Man
I think Namor fans upgrade Namor a lot. I happen to be a Namor fan but he is still only She-Hulk level of 80tons and the Cap. Britton I remember is 90 ton like Sasquatch. At Namor and Britton's level the 10 ton difference wouldn't be a severe as it would be at lower levels so it would still be a great fight.
If Namor got his stiff pride together i think he could beat Britton...but that's about as high as Namor goes.

bigbran
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think Namor fans upgrade Namor a lot. I happen to be a Namor fan but he is still only She-Hulk level of 80tons and the Cap. Britton I remember is 90 ton like Sasquatch. At Namor and Britton's level the 10 ton difference wouldn't be a severe as it would be at lower levels so it would still be a great fight.
If Namor got his stiff pride together i think he could beat Britton...but that's about as high as Namor goes. Well... he is quite the 90 tonner, I must admit...
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Excalibur 37_p21.th.jpg

jrodslam
Namor at 80 ton lvl? 100% False.

bigbran
Originally posted by jrodslam
Namor at 80 ton lvl? 100% False. yes
And that is why bios are shit...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think Namor fans upgrade Namor a lot. I happen to be a Namor fan but he is still only She-Hulk level of 80tons and the Cap. Britton I remember is 90 ton like Sasquatch.

She Hulk is listed as 100 tons (Civil War handbook), and Namor has feats that put him in class 100 and I think he is even listed as it now.

snoopdogg
In the Master Edition handbooks Namor is listed as Class 100 as long as he is in the water. If the hanbooks says somebody is Class 100 they are.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If the hanbooks says somebody is Class 100 they are. HAH!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.