Best and worst Star Wars Games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Count Makashi

Alliance
Republic Commando - 5
Battlefront - 4
Battlefront II - 4
KOTOR II - 3
SW Podracer - 2
Clone Wars - 1

Those are the ones I've played

Captain REX
Oh, I'm not good at this kind of stuff. I'll do it later...

Null ARC Avis
why did you put empire at war so low?

Captain REX
Strategy games aren't always everyone's favorite type of game...

Advent
Originally posted by Captain REX
Strategy games aren't always everyone's favorite type of game...

True, they're aren't. I personally think, aside from Kessen, that they all suck, but Star Wars: Force Commander is also a RTS, yet it's rated as a 4. I think that's why Avis questioned it, but meh, who knows. It's really just a matter of opinion.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Advent
True, they're aren't. I personally think, aside from Kessen, that they all suck, but Star Wars: Force Commander is also a RTS, yet it's rated as a 4. I think that's why Avis questioned it, but meh, who knows.

You obviously haven't played Starcraft then.

Tangible God
5. KOTOR, Jedi outcast.

4. KOTOR II, Battlefront II.

3. Galactic Battlegrounds, Rogue Squadron, Phantom Menace (Playstation), Super Star Wars (SNES).

2. Phantom Menace (PC).

1. I've never gone this low in my tastes.

Count Makashi
This is personal preference and i put Empire At War so low, because it sucks.

Captain REX
This is the part where I say 'Please explain why it sucks.' happy

5: Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, Rogue Squadron II
4: Rogue Squadron III, Jedi Outcast, Bounty Hunter
3: KOTOR- it just doesn't hold my attention
2: ...
1: ...

Count Makashi
Its to easy, i got tired of it quck, lame game play and with your heroic units you could almost defeat the hole opponents army. In one mission you had to destroy the rebels on one planet and you had the Emperor with you, right like the Emperor would go fight ground battles against ordinary rebel soldiers.
This is the part where i say why Bounty Hunter so high.

Tengu
5. Kotor, JK Series, SW Galaxies(Before Updates)
4. Phantom Menace (Sick, when it first came out) Battlefront, Bounty Hunter, Republic Commando (too short sad)
3. Lego Star Wars, Battlegrounds

Advent
Originally posted by zephiel7
You obviously haven't played Starcraft then.

Your point? You're right, I haven't played it, but I've seen its shitty graphics, and I know it's a strategy game, therefore I have enough basis to form a conclusion that it sucks. I don't see how playing a game that looks like it came out in the Middle Ages is going to change that.

Darth Sexy
Ah the middle ages. How I miss Age of Empires.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Ah the middle ages. How I miss Age of Empires.

Ancient history, you have to go with the time.

Captain REX
I heart Age of Empires...I'm tempted to reinstall it...

Bounty Hunter had a good plot, pretty good graphics, and fun gameplay. If gameplay isn't fun, then why bother playing it? That's what games are for!

KOTOR, for example, isn't fast enough for me, sometimes. And others, it's not flashy...and by flashy, I mean like, you can do what you want, not watch the same combination executed everytime you push a button.

Captain REX
See, I keep trying to play KOTOR, but I get bored fast...

Alliance
I can't paly KOTOR II anymore...get bored.

Count Makashi
What are you people talking about, KOTOR is the best SW game.

Alliance
ermmm...no.

Smooth Menace
I have not played many star wars games but my favorite is Battlefront (5).
Battlefront II (3)
Jedi Starfighter (2)

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Alliance
ermmm...no.

Yes it is, just because it doesn't has Clones Alliance, doesn't mean its a bad game.

Alliance
I know, but RC is much better.

General G
Originally posted by Count Makashi
What are you people talking about, KOTOR is the best SW game.

Umm...its a good game, just not the BEST...

Riverollv
Maybe not THE BEST, but ONE of the bests, yeah. Game of the Year Award isnt just given without a reason, ya know. Maybe for you is not a GREEEAT one, but in general, for most people, it is.

Count Makashi
RC was great, but it had to little different places, only 3.

the_satan32
5-KOTOR, Republic Commando, KOTOR II (It's a little unfinished but the story is great)
4- Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, Empire at War
3- Battlefront, Battlefront II

1,2- Haven't played anything that I would consider a 1 or 2. I usually read some reviews before playing a game.

exanda kane
People have different game styles, so the best game is obviously different for all of us. For a game that best captures the original Star Wars spirit of adventure, exploration and dry humour, I'd have to say KOTOR.

Battlefront deals with the individual soldiers, those battles that we only see a very little bit of in the films, Empire at War deals with the massive armies, turning SW into RISK or something. The Jedi Knight games, while rather gritty in places, just feel a little over the top. Albeit, KOTOR does have its moments of absurdity, but as a whole, it's more Starwarsy than the PT.

Riverollv
SW Shadows of the Empire for N64 was awesome when it first came out. Of course now its trash, but in the N64 times, it was a great game.

Count Makashi
Oh i forgot about the x-wing series, those wore very good .

Kadesh
i hope that the force unleashed will be good

Count Makashi
Allot of people are hoping for that, i just hope the powers wont be overpowered, that it wont be to easy, that you will have to think and use the environment to succeed, you know, that you wont just walk trough the game, using Godly Force powers.

Kadesh
Allot of people are hoping for that, i just hope the powers wont be overpowered, that it wont be to easy, that you will have to think and use the environment to succeed, you know, that you wont just walk trough the game, using Godly Force powers. Vaders apprentice was featured using godly power, Force pushing the entire storm trooper platoon with ease. And i believe that vader is twice as powerful as his apprentice, i doubt his apprentice comes close. Yet

Count Makashi
Force pushing, persons who cant use the Force, that don't have protection against it isn't that impressive and of course Vader has to be stronger than his apprentice, otherwise the game will suck.

Kadesh
Force pushing, persons who cant use the Force, that don't have protection against it isn't that impressive and of course Vader has to be stronger than his apprentice, otherwise the game will suck. Um it is impressive, sidious depsite being the most powerful sith got force pushed by yoda

Count Makashi
That is impressive because Sidious is a Force practitioner and can defend against it, while the Stormtroopers cant.

exanda kane
Force Unleashed seems like the wrong direction for LA to me.

Nellis Munn
5-Battle fronts I and KOTOR I+II
4-Battle front II, SWG,Republic commando
3-(not much here)
2&1- Ep.III the game

Well, force unleashed is a opening up to the great jedi purge.
but why is his apprentace killing stormtroopers?

DarthKrayt
5- X-Wing Alliance, KotOR series
has to be

Count Makashi
Originally posted by DarthKrayt
5- X-Wing Alliance, KotOR series
has to be

It is.

Morridini
5 - Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Republic Commando (why so short?)
4 - KotOR
3 - KotOR II, Empire at War, Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
2 - Clone Wars
1 - ...

Stun
bit late but sooo whatstick out tongue

5: KotOR, KotOR 2, Rogue Leader, Empire at War
4: Galactic Battlegrounds, Battlefront I & II, Jedi Outcast
3: Bounty Hunter, Racer Revenge, Jedi Academy, Rebel Strike, Dark Forces, The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith, Rebel Assault II
2: Clone Wars, Star Wars: Demolition, Force Commander, Jedi Power Battles
1: ...

Spidervlad
5. The Jedi Knight series(Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy), Empire at War, Rogue Leader, Republic Commando.
4. Battlefront, Battlefront 2, Rogue Squadron 2.
3. KOTOR
2:KOTOR 2

I was only forced to beat KOTOR because of it's popularity, but quickly I found how much it sucks. It gets too repetitive, and the only thing good about it is it's storyline. However, KOTOR was impressive for the time when it was made. KOTOR 2 was crap. I didn't even have the will to beat it, because it just copies everything from KOTOR except with a different storyline that is shittier than KOTOR's.

Spartan ll
5. Kotor
4. Battlefront(Controls shouldve been like it's sequel), Battlefront 2, Kotor 2(Has a SHIT LOAD of cut content that couldve put it above the first one), Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight(Only because of the dated graphics, the rest is probably THE best SW game ever)
3. Clone Wars

0°Mandalore°0
5. KOTOR, Battlefront II
4. Republic Commando, Battlefront, KOTOR 2
3. Galactic Battlegrounds, Rogue Squadron series, Jedi Knight series, Shadows of the Empire, Empire at War, Bounty Hunter
2. Ep. III Revenge of the Sith, Podracing, Clone Wars
1. Never played a game that bad

The big EH

DigiMark007
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is my favorite game of all-time. Any system, any era. Simply awesome. Any conversation about SW games needs to include that near the top.

Melcórë
Here's my list, in chonological order of when I played them, including which systems I played them on:

5. Shadows Of The Empire, (N64); Rogue Squadron, (N64); KotOR, (XBOX); Battlefront II, (XBOX); Empire At War, (PC).
4. Dark Forces, (PC); Dark Forces II, (PC); Episode I, (PS1); Episode I: Racer, (N64); Jedi Power Battles, (PS1); Battlefront, (XBOX); Republic Commando, (XBOX); Episode III, (XBOX).
3. Clone Wars, (XBOX); Jedi Outcast, (XBOX); Jedi Academy, (XBOX); KotOR II, (XBOX).
2./1. Galaxies.

The 5 and 4 games have had the biggest impact on my enjoyment of SW-games. The 3 games were good, but could have been so much better. The only SW-game I've grown to hate was Galaxies, not because it was a crappy idea, but because it was ruined when implimented.

Tangible God
5.) KOTOR (Xbox).---The numerous options available keeps me attached.

4.) Jedi Outcast.---It was one of the first SW games I played, bit of nostalgia./ Battlefront II. (Xbox)./Super Star Wars (SNES).---Also nostalgic.

3.) Galactic Battlegrounds (The "upgraded" Ages of Empires)./ Rogue Squadron (PC)./ TPM (Playstation)./ROTS (Xbox).---Good action and Multiplayer for last two, bit disappointed by the lack of interaction.

2.) TPM (PC).---Feckin' blew in graphics department, even for 2001./ KOTOR II (Xbox).---While still decent for gameplay, strictly in comparison to its predecessor, it's of poor quality for a 2004 game.

1.) Still yet to sink this low in taste.

Ushgarak
Oh i forgot about the x-wing series, those wore very good .

Phew! At least someone said that. This was back in the absolute pinnacle of Lucasart's dominance of game quality. They've never gone back near since. The X-Wing series takes the Star Wars game crown, easily.

I'm surprised you hate Racer so much though. I thought it was great fun.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by The big EH
empire at war was awesome i love that game you must just suck at it, cause it's better than galactic battlegrounds, but the alltime best game is TIE-Fighter

I hear that!

Incidentally, though I am inly a recent Nintendo convert, not many mentiokns of Rogue Leader arouind here, good or bad. I thought that was great fun as well- others?

Melcórë
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Phew! At least someone said that. This was back in the absolute pinnacle of Lucasart's dominance of game quality. They've never gone back near since. The X-Wing series takes the Star Wars game crown, easily.

I'm surprised you hate Racer so much though. I thought it was great fun.

By the time I'd played either X-Wing or TIE-Fighter, I'd already played other games like Rogue Squadron, so I didn't think they were as great. My brothers loved them, though.

Spidervlad

Melcórë
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Same here. I even forgot to add it in my list...

But wow, not many people appreciate the Jedi Knight series... I mean that series kept me next to my computer for so long... And I can remember the hours I spent in Jedi Outcast Multiplayer learning how to be a good dueler, and then pwning people. I even had a clan -.- It just brings back so many good ol' memories I miss it now.

Jedi Academy was very cool too, I like how you went on different missions with Kyle Katarn and that you got to choose either if you were a darkie or a lightie. But the coolest part was that you got to choose what kind of lightsaber you want, with cool combos in each style. Jedi Academy had a good MP too. I still play it sometimes.

Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 are one of my favorite games ever, they were actually the first SW Games I ever played. Either them or Podracer, I don't remember.

I loved the podracer game, how you could choose your podracer and everytime you won the crowd cheered. And when you wanted to modify it you see the fat Hutt :O And sometimes there was even that lame comedy "repair droid scene."

And when you unlocked a new podracer you see it being towed into your garage. It was a good game for it's time.

....You've made me remember how much I used to love "Racer."
"Dark Forces" and "Shadows Of The Empire" were the first SW-games I ever played.

midgeontheweb
did anyone ever play StarWars Jedi Power Battles??? it was on the PS1 and dreamcast! it was the best ever where it was based on episode1 and ya be could be either ObiWan QuiGon MaceWindu PloKoon and AdiGalla...and had bonus characters like darth maul, captain panaka and queen amidala...it really was the best game ever!

Count Makashi
Originally posted by The big EH
empire at war was awesome i love that game you must just suck at it, cause it's better than galactic battlegrounds, but the alltime best game is TIE-Fighter

No, i was good at it, almost conquered the Galaxy before stooping to play it, it was to easy, main characters were way to much overpowered, i got tired of it quickly, the game sucked for me, if you enjoyed, good, but for me it was bad.

BlaxicanHydra
That game was interesting, but yeah I think the Rebellion was too powerful. So many tiimes when the Empire attacked a planet of mien and I had no defenses I could still win with nothing more then maybe one squadron of bombers and the space station itself, with an ion cannon on the planet. That alone made it real easy to win.

Ushgarak
Comparing X-Wing/TIE Fighter with Rogue Squadron is silly. They are not the same sort of game. Rogue Squadron is just an action shooter.

The very fact that a direct comparison would try to be made is worrying.

The duelling in Jedi Outcast was godawful, which is why there is not much love for it.

Atticus
i thought people hated jedi outcast because of the long and confusing missions?
and i loved the multiplayer especially the ffa against 13 other bots.

Ushgarak
Well that's true- Jedi Knight's secret weapon wasn't the FMV sequences or primitive sabreing, it was the great level design. Outcast fell apart on that.

Blue_Hefner
I think Force Unleashed will be the best when it comes out

Darth Hord
hopefully it will have really good lightsaber combat gameplay

Blue_Hefner
**** that. I just want to see really good force powers

Darth Hord
and that trailers havent shown u that already?

Blue_Hefner
Not enough. Besides, the game isn't about lightsabers duels. It's about force powers.

Darth Hord
true but i still want a game with good dueling

darthsith19
Best - Not cure but Battlefront is awesome, so is Star Wars Episode One Racer.

Worst - Star Wars A New Hope for the original Gameboy. I bought it at gamestop, and it sucks. Bad. I also bought Empire Strikes Back, and it's bad, too, though slightly better.

Count Makashi
Episode One Racer was horrible and i even bought the original game, something i still regret.

truejedi
Hmmmmm 5: Jedi Knight, KOTOR,
4. Battlefront 2 KOTOR 2 Jedi Academy, Jedi Power Battles
3. Battlefront, Clone Campaigns (and the original, whatever that was), The one before Jedi Knight. (back when graphics sucked)
2. Phantom Menace, Return of the Jedi (SNES), Empire at War,
1. none that i know of...I mean, they are still star wars...

that's i think all the one's i've played.

VPirate2099
Best/Worst SW Games:

5. Battlefront II, KOTOR (I and II), Revenge Of The Sith, Jedi Academy

4. Jedi Outcast, Battlefront, Republic Commando, Empire At War

3. Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter, Starfighter, Clone Wars, Rogue Squadron (I-III)

2. Shadows Of The Empire, Racer Revenge, Bombard Racing, Jedi Power Battles

1. Obi-Wan, Galatic Battlegrounds, Phantom Menace, Dark Forces

jedi-sith-force
5. KotOR I, KotOR II and maybe TFU
4. Jedi Academy, Battlefront II and TFU if it won't be in the 5. list
3. Empire at War (I just don't like strategy), Rogue Squadron
2. Phantom Menace
1. no way

Lt. Valerian
I believe The Force Unleashed will be the best game ever once it's out, gameplaywise. But if referring to a game overrall, I would need to give it a thought.

Faunus
That's pretty optimistic. But the effect on established canon looks absolutely idiotic, and the lightsaber combat looks like it's going back to the RotS game instead of following in the footsteps of JK II and III.

Lt. Valerian
Well, we have yet to play it, anyway. So let's let time decide.

Lord Knightfa11
I am making this thread to talk about Star Wars games, which one you liked and which one you hated.

5. Excelent games- perfect
4. Very good games, litle to perfection
3. Good games, only for SW fans
2. Bad games, Lucasarts only made it for money, they knew people are going to buy it, just beacuse its SW
1. Absolute Crap, not worty of SW title

5. Kotor I, Jedi academy multiplayer, Star Wars Battlefront Series, Tie Fighter
4. Republic commando, Kotor II (when you take it as is, not comparing it to kotor II) Xwing,
3. kotor II (when you compare it to kotor I) Jedi academy singleplayer, LEGO star wars, Star wars bounty hunter
2. Kotor II almost makes this category if not for kreia, and the improvement in the overall darker storyline and antagonists, the absence of which disappointed everyone in kotor I; JK2; Clone Wars; star wars pod racer, the phantom menace
1. Trials of obi wan, super bombad racer.

Best game of my list? Kotor. Kotor is widely acclaimed by many critics as the best rpg in existence, this is a precedent, because, no other star wars game has ever been widely known as the best of its class. This means it beats legend of zelda. five stars, easily.

worst game i have played? Super bombad racer. ITs sad, and gets boring fast. my freind kind of made me play it, rather then continue with other games. The video game fanatic that i am, i had to leave the room, and returned with the ghastly smell of barf on my lips. one star, easily. Its hard to believe that with a story as expansive and amaizing as this, they couldnt make a good game thats a lot of fun.

I anticipate KOTOR III the most, and expect tfu to be good.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I think Force Unleashed will be the best when it comes out
Agreed. But for now I would have to say Battlefront 2 is.

Lord Knightfa11
jedi academy has the best possible saber combat

Lt. Valerian
lol, I have SOOO much fun with that game.

Lord Knightfa11
lol me 2. i still play on it when i can as my main game, (i just got it a while aggo) i do pretty well with duals/heavy standard/noobstick (in that order from greatest to least lol.

MadMel
5 - jedi outcast, jedi academy (MP), battlefront series
4 - battlefront 1, super star wars (SNES)
3 - episode 3, rogue leader
2/1 - ANH on gameboy

Jbill311
Originally posted by midgeontheweb
did anyone ever play StarWars Jedi Power Battles??? it was on the PS1 and dreamcast! it was the best ever where it was based on episode1 and ya be could be either ObiWan QuiGon MaceWindu PloKoon and AdiGalla...and had bonus characters like darth maul, captain panaka and queen amidala...it really was the best game ever!

I loved that game... so many hours of fun... I almost bought a dreamcast just for that game.

truejedi
lol, I DID buy a playstation JUST for that game, when a playstation was something like 6 years old... i had a dreamcast at the time, and didn't realize it was sold on that...

exanda kane
Anyone still trumping through Star Wars Galaxies by the way? Haven't touched that for two years or so.

Lord Knightfa11
i got the 15 day trial and liked it, only it decided to kaput on me and wouldnt work right. Always some sort of issue there was that would inhibit me from playing, so i didn't pay for it, didnt even play the trial and stuck to Runescape/Legend of Ares/Hero Online

pgdarth95
5 does lego count ? if so lego starwars the complete saga
4 kotor 1
3 kotor 2 (bad ending sad )
2 jedi starfighter
1 obi wan

sweersa
Yoda Stories ftw.

High Council
5:Jedi academy,Battlefront2 The force unleashed Wii version(its gonna rock)
4:Rogue squadron III, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Star fighter,Battlefront,KOTORI&II
3messedW Galaxies, ep.III, Lego sw
2:Clone wars
1messedW racing

High Council
same, i love how it gives off the feel of the fights from the movie. This game is the best of the best because it had a great storyline, great selection of charecters, great combat, and the ability to make ur charecter and build ur own lightsaber!

Nactous
Im bumping this because I'll be back later.

Captain REX
Okay, that's not what you're supposed to do. You should have just posted your piece or waited until later to post... but now I'm closing this thread instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.