Storm vs War Machine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
An enranged, bloodlusted Ororo vs a 2 day preped WM

The battle takes place in the Amazon.

Who wins??

Starhawk
Storm uses WM as a lightening rod.

TricksterPriest
2 days prep? WM can possibly take her. But the question is, how much punishment can his armor take? If he had the Eidolon Warwear, he could do it.

Rewmac
You guys really think that coz War Machine is tach based he is can be knocked out with a shocker (like Hulk Killer Humanoid can be)???

Trolt
Originally posted by Starhawk
Storm uses WM as a lightening rod.

WM would make swiss cheese out of storm.

TricksterPriest
It's a pity that War Machine doesn't have a respect thread, we (or at least I) really could use a primer on his capabilities.

What If...
I know he's taken on both Ironman and Ms.Marvel at the same time in an IM issue...the # escapes me.

Psyquis52
WM would destroy her. His suit was designed by Stark people! You don't think it can take a lot of punishment?

Bouboumaster
Let's see: War Machine is the Iron Man suit, but tougher, and got a weaponnery who is better that all materials that Canadian Army have to offer (yeah I admit it). It's only a little bit slower.

Storm is ****ed, she's so ****ed' it wouldn't even funny to look being take out like a *****.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Let's see: War Machine is the Iron Man suit, but tougher, and got a weaponnery who is better that all materials that Canadian Army have to offer (yeah I admit it). It's only a little bit slower.

Storm is ****ed, she's so ****ed' it wouldn't even funny to look being take out like a *****.

See, I like you. big grin

Rick/Genis
Storm wins because she is a godess. Didn't you know she's centurion omega level 12?

She can shoot fireballs with her wind powers.

She can open portals by using her lightning and she can make an air pressure adamantium shield.

Storm FTW

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Didn't you know she's centurion omega level 12?
Don't even go there.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/centurions.jpg

endrict
Storm wins because she is a godess. Didn't you know she's centurion omega level 12?

She can open portals by using her lightning and she can make an air pressure adamantium shield.

Storm FTW
Go to sleep...before you hurt yourself.

Symmetric Chaos

I could have sworn she was an EpicLevel Druid . . .

don't shiv
If storm can bring Doom to heel. Storm can dispatch war machine to the big silver city in the sky easily.

horrorwolf
Storm 8/10 - She's taken on and trained vs a series of highly adaptive Sentinels.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Storm 8/10 - She's taken on and trained vs a series of highly adaptive Sentinels.

You just compared Sentinels to War Machine.

Fail.

The Pict

Storm FTW

laughing out loud

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You just compared Sentinels to War Machine.

Fail.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

actually..you Phail in thinking I was equating mutant hunting Sentinels to WarMachine.

Youre a brilliant one indeed.

The point was that the specialized and adaptive tech they USE in hunting mutants by focusing on their weaknesses is what comes into play here. Storm's training in evasion and weather control vs these things would boost her defense/and evasive abilities in such a fight.

This includes Storm making highly effective use of her environment as a weapon and learning to protect herself from similar types of weaponry and tech that are specifically designed to counter her abilities.

Blair Wind
Prep kills all stick out tongue

LordFear
WM wins this. Environment or not. He is too dangerous. He was built to damn near take out half of a country's military might. Storm is not beating him and even with Sentinel training. YOU CANNOT COMPARE SENTINELS TO A WARMACHINE ARMOR piloted by Jim Rhodes

2damnloud
Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything the word's armies have reading

Blood Reaver
maybe she could use her electrical power to zap war machine so its system may go down

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything the word's armie have reading

no expression

How about enough nuclear weapons to vaporise every drop of water on the planet and reduce our world to a hellish post apocalyptic wasteland?

Remember Storm fights primarily in character so she can "shed her mortal body" and transend to godhood.

2damnloud
EMP

Storm has sufficient control over the Electrical Fields and The Electromagnetic spectrum

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression

How about enough nuclear weapons to vaporise every drop of water on the planet and reduce our world to a hellish post apocalyptic wasteland?

Remember Storm fights primarily in character so she can "shed her mortal body" and transend to godhood.

Storms pissed off.

NEXT! no expression

Symmetric Chaos
EMP

Storm has sufficient control over the Electrical Fields and The Electromagnetic spectrum

You think Storm could survive a nuclear holocaust with an EMP?

2damnloud
No, She might beat WM with one.

ThE EMP was in response to Blood Reaver anyway.

2damnloud
Storms winds are>>>>>>>>>>>>>Than a 20 psi nuke Blast wave though.

She can also concentrate the electrical potential of a Thunder strm into a single Blast That is also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any nuke or Hydrogen Bomb for that matter.

Symmetric Chaos

She can also concentrate the electrical potential of a Thunder strm into a single Blast That is also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any nuke or Hydrogen Bomb for that matter.

Nice to know that we have hundreds of nukes then wink

LordFear

all speculative at best. Never saw her do that. Furthermore what's to say that she will survive such a blast?

Rutog98
Nice to know that we have hundreds of nukes then wink

What does this have to do with War Machine? There are plenty of things Storm can do to win this fight. She can create tornados that fit in the palm of your hand. She can control weather through force-fields even. This means she can reach into War Machine's armor and keep the air away from his nostrils and mouth to suffocate him. She's pulled this trick on Magneto. She can knock out his power with an EMP. She can raise or lower the ambient temperature between Rhode's (I think that's his name) and his armor to take him out that way. She could trap him in a whirlwind and spin him around silly which means he won't be able to operate his armor with any sense of balance and she can slam him about along mountainsides and into the earth while spinning him in that same whirlwind. He's never know when the whirlwind is coming as it starts right on him. He cannot avoid her attacks. She can instantly freeze him and the entire area in superhard ice so strong that it took even Colossus some time to bust free. While he's trying to burst free, she hits him with an EMP to knock out the suits power she throws him in the ocean and manipulates ocean currents and wind to hold him there till he runs out of air.

This is off the top of my head in less than two minutes of typing. Storm wins this big time. She has a HUGE advantage.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rutog98
What does this have to do with War Machine? There are plenty of things Storm can do to win this fight. She can create tornados that fit in the palm of your hand. She can control weather through force-fields even. This means she can reach into War Machine's armor and keep the air away from his nostrils and mouth to suffocate him. She's pulled this trick on Magneto. She can knock out his power with an EMP. She can raise or lower the ambient temperature between Rhode's (I think that's his name) and his armor to take him out that way. She could trap him in a whirlwind and spin him around silly which means he won't be able to operate his armor with any sense of balance and she can slam him about along mountainsides and into the earth while spinning him in that same whirlwind. He's never know when the whirlwind is coming as it starts right on him. He cannot avoid her attacks. She can instantly freeze him and the entire area in superhard ice so strong that it took even Colossus some time to bust free. While he's trying to burst free, she hits him with an EMP to knock out the suits power she throws him in the ocean and manipulates ocean currents and wind to hold him there till he runs out of air.

This is off the top of my head in less than two minutes of typing. Storm wins this big time. She has a HUGE advantage.

laughing out loud

I don't recall giving an opinion on this fight.

Personally I think Storm has a shot at winning this. I was just responding to the claim that Storm is >>>>>>>>>>>> anything the military can throw at her.

2damnloud
laughing out loud

I don't recall giving an opinion on this fight.

Personally I think Storm has a shot at winning this. I was just responding to the claim that Storm is >>>>>>>>>>>> anything the military can throw at her.

"No, She might beat WM with one.

ThE EMP was in response to Blood Reaver anyway."

In a sense Storm's power is greater than anything the military has since she can tap into the Electrical potential of the earth, and even the ambient celestial energies of the universe and has affected the ENTIRE earth.

Storm can bring down the power of a couple nuke Blast waves with her winds and concentrated electromagnetic attacks from SuperCells.

She can cause ''Day After Tommorrow''-type stuff.

2damnloud
Storm can flash-freeze him and trhen create a Jovian pressure field around him.

Jovian(Jupiter) pressure 3-4 MILLION atmospheres

Also the magnetic field is 10 x that of Earth's

Storm's a baaaaad *****

Storm 8/10-10/10

Rutog98
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/jupiter/jupiter.html

And Storm created pressure fields GREATER than the surface of Jupiter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2damnloud
They should make storms pressure feilds like TK where she can instantaneously cause the atmosphere around your head, torso, or any other limbs to become instantly pressurized to Jovian levels, then her control over the same winds could then contain the "dibris" from the body parts to be disgarded. eek!

Although they probably woudn't even be held together and would lose all molecular integrity with that kind of pressure.
rock

LordFear
yeah and I hear next month, she is gonna be Galactus's next herald. He won't even give her cosmic powers because she is already powerful enough to take down SS himself

2damnloud
I know rightrock

Rutog98
Originally posted by LordFear
all speculative at best. Never saw her do that. Furthermore what's to say that she will survive such a blast?

Actually, none of what he said is speculative. Its all in canon.

Rutog98
yeah and I hear next month, she is gonna be Galactus's next herald. He won't even give her cosmic powers because she is already powerful enough to take down SS himself

Actually, being a herald of Galctus would be a step down for her. The lady controls the forces that govern the universe. Her powers are limited only by the force of her body and will. She has the potential to evolve and transcend humanity which would mean that her only limit would be her will. In short, it would not be out-of-character for a fully evolved Storm to be able to challenge the abstracts themselves given what that kind of power entails. Happy Dance

bigbran
Actually, being a herald of Galctus would be a step down for her. The lady controls the forces that govern the universe. Her powers are limited only by the force of her body and will. She has the potential to evolve and transcend humanity which would mean that her only limit would be her will. In short, it would not be out-of-character for a fully evolved Storm to be able to challenge the abstracts themselves given what that kind of power entails. Happy Dance no expression
Shut... up.

pr1983
Actually, being a herald of Galctus would be a step down for her. The lady controls the forces that govern the universe. Her powers are limited only by the force of her body and will. She has the potential to evolve and transcend humanity which would mean that her only limit would be her will. In short, it would not be out-of-character for a fully evolved Storm to be able to challenge the abstracts themselves given what that kind of power entails. Happy Dance

i sincerely hope that's sarcasm...

and ss would f*ck her up... in more ways than one...

Rutog98
Originally posted by pr1983
i sincerely hope that's sarcasm...

and ss would f*ck her up... in more ways than one...

What I am saying is I don't want Storm to become a herald. It could impede the growth of her full potential as a mutant. As a herald, she would always be below Galactus and the other abstracts. She has the kind of power and potential to where she concieveably could one day match and beat the abstracts.

bigbran
What I am saying is I don't want Storm to become a herald. It could impede the growth of her full potential as a mutant. As a herald, she would always be below Galactus and the other abstracts. She has the kind of power and potential to where she concieveably could one day match and beat the abstracts. Originally posted by bigbran
no expression
Shut... up.

2damnloud
That aside.

I think Storm just needs some upgrades for now like the Jovian TK-like attack I mentioned.

Also, she should be able to affect the weather inside people through electrical impulses and pressurizing the air in your lungs as to make your chest explode or just catch it on the inhale and keep it there so you can't exhale or inhale air thus giving her opponent a drowning/suffocation-like affect. That would be cool.

And more SPACE WEATHER DAMNIT!!!!

Oh and forcefields-- Electromagnetic and electrostatic forcefields.

She should also, in dire circumstances, be able to pull "sprites" out of the upper atmosphere or bring celestial and solar energy down to earth to burn the villians.

She can keep her claustrophobia and her kind heartedness to temper her as to not be too powerful.

I wish I could write some stuff for her beer

bigbran
That aside.

I think Storm just needs some upgrades for now like the Jovian TK-like attack I mentioned.

I wish I could write some stuff for her beer No...

I thought that you guys using her being a possible Omega was bad... now you are arguing for her being on the abstracts level?

Go back to Omega... you look less like a total idiot...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by horrorwolf
roll eyes (sarcastic)

actually..you Phail in thinking I was equating mutant hunting Sentinels to WarMachine.

Youre a brilliant one indeed.

The point was that the specialized and adaptive tech they USE in hunting mutants by focusing on their weaknesses is what comes into play here. Storm's training in evasion and weather control vs these things would boost her defense/and evasive abilities in such a fight.

This includes Storm making highly effective use of her environment as a weapon and learning to protect herself from similar types of weaponry and tech that are specifically designed to counter her abilities.

That's a ****ing comparison you idiot.

pr1983
What I am saying is I don't want Storm to become a herald. It could impede the growth of her full potential as a mutant. As a herald, she would always be below Galactus and the other abstracts. She has the kind of power and potential to where she concieveably could one day match and beat the abstracts.

Originally posted by bigbran

what he said in his quoted post...

war machine is much more than a mere sentinel... man, i grew up reading war machine, i always preferred him over tony... that guy can bring it big time...

2damnloud
That aside.

Also, she should be able to affect the weather inside people through electrical impulses and pressurizing the air in your lungs as to make your chest explode or just catch it on the inhale and keep it there so you can't exhale or inhale air thus giving her opponent a drowning/suffocation-like affect. That would be cool.

And more SPACE WEATHER DAMNIT!!!!

Oh and forcefields-- Electromagnetic and electrostatic forcefields.

She should also, in dire circumstances, be able to pull "sprites" out of the upper atmosphere or bring celestial and solar energy down to earth to burn the villians.

She can keep her claustrophobia and her kind heartedness to temper her as to not be too powerful.

I wish I could write some stuff for her beer

Storm SHOULD be upgraded. I say CC starts with this quoted post.

Symmetric Chaos

no expression

She's not even Omega and you're saying that being a herald would be a downgrade?

Soljer
She can't even beat Clor....

Redatom65
WHAT ARE YOU ALL! IDIOTS! Storm pwns you all shifty

2damnloud
Add durability to that.

ExodusCloak
Add durability to that.

You forgot Omniversal Reality Warping and Cosmic Awareness. But you know when you go by CC's comic logic after all those upgrades he'll still have a character like Psylocke come along and one-shot her. Like what happened to the First Fallen.

LordFear

Oh I am sorry then we should up the ante and say Dark Phoenix?
or maybe Beyonder?
No hell lets just say she rivals a Celestrial, easily.
Am I correct here?

2damnloud
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
You forgot Omniversal Reality Warping and Cosmic Awareness. But you know when you go by CC's comic logic after all those upgrades he'll still have a character like Psylocke come along and one-shot her. Like what happened to the First Fallen.

No, what I have is good.

If she had anymore, she'd go the way of Jean

A good showing for her Jovian TK would be her and the professor standing infornt of a let's say a 30,000 ft Mountain somewhere confused . The professor ask how she's been coming along with the mastery and control of her powers. Storm's eating a bag of low fat, low sodium Lay's chips. Her eyes go white and then BOOOOOM the whole ****in mountain turns to brown dust with the consistency of saaaaaay.......BABYPOWDER.eek!

As the dust settles, Her control over the air doesn't even allow for dust to get on she nor the professor.

She then replies "Yes, I coming along quite well professor. Next, Ill try to work my way up to entire ranges"eek!

As they walk off, the winds pick up revealing a hole in the earth bigger than Barringer Crater.

cool huh? rock

http://www.barringercrater.com/img/crater.jpg

LordFear
Or she asks WM" Do you know what happens to men in armor who get struck by lightening?"
He says"No lady I don't"
She says" the same thing that happens to everything else" and zaps him.
After shrugging it off, Jim thinks to himself before bitchslapping her " Man, that lady has some corny lines, who writes her shit?"

2damnloud
laughing laughing laughing @ him "shrugging off" her lightning

Storm with an EMP or Flash-freeze ftw, man

Soljer
No, what I have is good.

If she had anymore, she'd go the way of Jean

A good showing for her Jovian TK would be her and the professor standing infornt of a let's say a 30,000 ft Mountain somewhere confused . The professor ask how she's been coming along with the mastery and control of her powers. Storm's eating a bag of low fat, low sodium Lay's chips. Her eyes go white and then BOOOOOM the whole ****in mountain turns to brown dust with the consistency of saaaaaay.......BABYPOWDER.eek!

As the dust settles, Her control over the air doesn't even allow for dust to get on she nor the professor.

She then replies "Yes, I coming along quite well professor. Next, Ill try to work my way up to entire ranges"eek!

As they walk off, the winds pick up revealing a hole in the earth bigger than Barringer Crater.

cool huh? rock

http://www.barringercrater.com/img/crater.jpg

Yep. Real cool.

Only problem is, Storm has about as much of a chance at that as Wolverine does. no expression.

pr1983
Or she asks WM" Do you know what happens to men in armor who get struck by lightening?"
He says"No lady I don't"
She says" the same thing that happens to everything else" and zaps him.
After shrugging it off, Jim thinks to himself before bitchslapping her " Man, that lady has some corny lines, who writes her shit?"

i can so picture that...

2damnloud
Originally posted by Soljer
Yep. Real cool.

Only problem is, Storm has about as much of a chance at that as Wolverine does. no expression.

You think She couldn't be written to have control of her power so GREAT that she can cause the Earth's atmospsher to reach Jovian levels in a centralized location as to crush a mountain into babypowder INSTANTLY???

laughing

It would just be an upgrade form her Jovian pressure feat. She crushed a car into the sized of a basketball. It took a while and she was fatigued.

She should be upgraded where she can do it instanly and to REALLY HUGE STUFF....or your arms, legs, head or torso etc. Or, it can be so fine tuned, she could do it to something as small as your eyes or something else. OUCH! confused

Upgrade with CONTINUITY.

emporerpants
God i hate storm fanboys. abstract level? seriously? wtf. storm fanboys are worse than wolverine fanboys. maybe i should make a wolverine vs storm thread and watch the rampant fanboy retardation ensue.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by emporerpants
God i hate storm fanboys. abstract level? seriously? wtf. storm fanboys are worse than wolverine fanboys. maybe i should make a wolverine vs storm thread and watch the rampant fanboy retardation ensue.

We don't have Wolvie fanboys left . . .

pr1983

there's one already surprisingly enough...

emporerpants
is there really? wow. how very sad. are you sure we don't have any wolvie fanboys left? maybe hulk fanboys would be a better choice

Metalmanx
An enranged, bloodlusted Ororo vs a 2 day preped WM

The battle takes place in the Amazon.

Who wins??

laughing laughing laughing

War Machine wrecks Storm badly.

Symmetric Chaos
is there really? wow. how very sad. are you sure we don't have any wolvie fanboys left? maybe hulk fanboys would be a better choice

Hulk v Storm thread exists and xmeat just got banned.

pr1983
Hulk v Storm thread exists and xmeat just got banned.

what did he do this time?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by pr1983
what did he do this time?

He literally asked Digi to ban him.

emporerpants
oh, i know that the hulk vs storm thread exists, but i was pitting the fanboys against each other, not the characters, as hulk rips storms head off, and storm frys wolverine. what i didn't know is that xmeat got banned. my faith in humanity is restored.

TricksterPriest
Now if we can only get rid of these 2 and Devilgoblin........ eek!

emporerpants
though xmeat is gone, another retard will take his place and claim that hulk will smash LT while raping galactus and eating thanos.

Soljer
though xmeat is gone, another retard will take his place and claim that hulk will smash LT while raping galactus and eating thanos.

We already have him. Devilgoblin.

Symmetric Chaos

I wonder if that actually would make him a gay cannibal.

emporerpants
he already is my friend, he already is.

Symmetric Chaos
he already is my friend, he already is.

Well UltHulk is cannibalistic but he's extremely hetero. While 616Hulk has never eaten anyone that I can recall but runs around in tight purple shorts.

emporerpants
so, if taken at an average, hulk is in point of fact, a gay cannibal

pr1983
He literally asked Digi to ban him.

laughing

don't shiv
such a pity Jim Rhodes armour houses temperature & pressure sensitive electrical components "tsk" "tsk"

Metalmanx
Originally posted by don't shiv
such a pity Jim Rhodes armour houses temperature & pressure sensitive electrical components "tsk" "tsk"

Such a pity that Storm houses such a frail, normal human body. One that can't react properly to the small amarda of firepower Rhodes will be sending her way. sad

2damnloud
Sucha pity she can block or dodge all that shit all while EMPing him.

Tsk Tsk

Storm>>>>>>>than his "small armada" no expression

Also storms powers work WAAAAAAAY faster than he

Flash freeze Jovian pressure feild turns War Machine into a can of Van Campseek!

don't shiv
Weeeeell I wuoldn't say Storm is that much faster however she does act/multitask well in advance in combat situations like her former mentor Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.