Juggernaut with power-up vs. ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Due to some sort of major cosmic f***-up, Juggernaut receives the Uni-Power. Can anyone stop him taking over the world?

Scenario 1:
The 50X strength-boost is not activated, but he gets all the other Uni-Powers (flight, matter manipulation, uni-vision, energy beams, etc). Only earth-based heroes/villains to oppose him.

Scenario 2:
Same as 1 but cosmics/other-dimensionals etc can also be recruited against him.

Scenario 3:
Same as 2 but Juggs also gets the 50X strength boost.

basilisk
BTW, this is classic Juggernaut and Marvel Universe only

and...

Scenario 1.5:
DC earth-based heroes can join the fight.

janus77
he gets his arse shoved through a black hole made by Magneto.

juggernaut is stupid, even with a mechanism for such extraordinary power, he's still only fit to be a lieutenant to some more intelligent power.

anyway, how fast is he? could he actually takeover the world? I doubt it.

basilisk
Originally posted by janus77
he gets his arse shoved through a black hole made by Magneto.

juggernaut is stupid, even with a mechanism for such extraordinary power, he's still only fit to be a lieutenant to some more intelligent power.

anyway, how fast is he? could he actually takeover the world? I doubt it.

Not sure about his speed - maybe the Uni-Power boosts that too since it travels at warp speeds.

He can probably avoid the black hole simply by walking/flying away from it since no physical force is going to stop his forward motion. Then he just flies after Magneto, walks/flies unstoppably through his force-fields until he gets his hands around Mag's neck and good-bye Magneto.

I agree Juggs is a bit of a moron but I'm assuming here that he can understand the range of new powers, though not necessarily the best ways to apply them.

janus77
I don't think he's ever catching Magneto, though not just because he's a slow lumbering fool. Magneto could erect a forcefield and juggernaut would be stymied.

that said, I don't think anyone's taking him down too easily. Hulk would still possess the raw strength to lob him off the face of the planet, but with the cosmic blasts and other energy powers, Hulk's not getting close to juggernaut.

Doom would probably rip the uni-power from juggernaut, after he's brought down the charm of juggernaut.

basilisk
Originally posted by basilisk
Not sure about his speed - maybe the Uni-Power boosts that too since it travels at warp speeds.

He can probably avoid the black hole simply by walking/flying away from it since no physical force is going to stop his forward motion. Then he just flies after Magneto, walks/flies unstoppably through his force-fields until he gets his hands around Mag's neck and good-bye Magneto.

I agree Juggs is a bit of a moron but I'm assuming here that he can understand the range of new powers, though not necessarily the best ways to apply them.

On a side note, I don't really get the whole Magneto black hole gig. I mean if he's making some black hole right nearby and it's big enough to be clearly visible wouldn't it suck the whole landscape in, including Magneto? If light can't escape I don't think a few magnetic fields are going to save him.

I can just imagine Magneto rolling up to face Juggernaut, creating a black hole, getting his own arse sucked into it and disappearing without a trace while Juggernaut walks off laughing.

basilisk
Originally posted by janus77
I don't think he's ever catching Magneto, though not just because he's a slow lumbering fool. Magneto could erect a forcefield and juggernaut would be stymied.

that said, I don't think anyone's taking him down too easily. Hulk would still possess the raw strength to lob him off the face of the planet, but with the cosmic blasts and other energy powers, Hulk's not getting close to juggernaut.

Doom would probably rip the uni-power from juggernaut, after he's brought down the charm of juggernaut.

If Magneto can't fly faster than Uni-Juggernaut (and I don't think he can) then he could be in serious trouble. Can't Juggernaut simply wade straight through Magneto's fields like he did easily in a couple of (non-canon) What-Ifs? A magnetic field isn't going block the magic unstoppable forward motion of the Juggernaut power. And this is a flying unstoppable Juggernaut who can follow Magneto into space if he has to.

Doom on the other hand... I can see that one as a good ploy.

Ptr_Grifin
Well Doom was beaten by Prof. Juggernaut, without much effort. But I don't know enough about the Uni Power to give a good answer. From what you posted, I say he at least gets by the first scenario.

basilisk
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Well Doom was beaten by Prof. Juggernaut, without much effort. But I don't know enough about the Uni Power to give a good answer. From what you posted, I say he at least gets by the first scenario.

Prof. Juggernaut was dangerous because he could read everyone's minds too and "predict his every move" etc. Not sure if Uni-Power has mental powers along with everything else. It did have something like hypno-vision though...

guy222
Originally posted by basilisk
Due to some sort of major cosmic f***-up, Juggernaut receives the Uni-Power. Can anyone stop him taking over the world?

Scenario 1:
The 50X strength-boost is not activated, but he gets all the other Uni-Powers (flight, matter manipulation, uni-vision, energy beams, etc). Only earth-based heroes/villains to oppose him.

Scenario 2:
Same as 1 but cosmics/other-dimensionals etc can also be recruited against him.

Scenario 3:
Same as 2 but Juggs also gets the 50X strength boost.

Juggy will have trouble w/Apoc smile

basilisk
Originally posted by guy222
Juggy will have trouble w/Apoc smile

Apocalypse would give him a good run in scenario 1 that's for sure. But Juggernaut would still be pretty hard to put down even without those additional powers. Factor in stuff like matter manip on Apoc...

Normally Juggernaut could be BFR at least temporarily, but with flight? Juggs may not win, but he shouldn't actually lose.

With the 50X strength boost Juggs should take it. With that plus all the other gem and uni-powers Juggernaut would be an absolute monster. Imagine Hulk and Thor trying to go up against 50X their strength level and total invulnerability, flight, matter manip etc.

Soljer
In Scenario 2 and 3, the Surfer can still beat him.

basilisk
Originally posted by Soljer
In Scenario 2 and 3, the Surfer can still beat him.

Really? I thought 3 would be definitely be a tough ask even for Surfer. Surfer could out-fly him and probably won't get beaten if he stays out of reach of that 50X strength, but does he have any way of getting through the famed Juggs invulnerability and actually putting him down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.