Orion vs Firestorm (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
don't know much about current FS. how does he fare in all out battle with dc's god of war. if it's a mismatch, how does CLASSIC FS stack up to orion . . .?

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
don't know much about current FS. how does he fare in all out battle with dc's god of war. if it's a mismatch, how does CLASSIC FS stack up to orion . . .?

Is this Elemental FS?

leonidas
no

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
Is this Elemental FS? Well that wouldn't exactly be the "current" version of FS, as specifically specified in this thread, now would it? doped

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
Well that wouldn't exactly be the "current" version of FS, as specifically specified in this thread, now would it? doped

Sounds fair. I don't read current FS

Joey Stacks
They already did this, Orion got punked.

leonidas
i'd read that it was basically a non-fight . . .

Joey Stacks
That's how bad Orion got punked. He was trying to kill him and Miracle was like OMFG ORION'S GOING TO KEEL UZ BAUS and Firestorm was like Who's Orion *casually slaps him away* and Miracle was like OMFG U JUS DUN PISSD HIM AUF SOME MO BAUZ and Firestorm was like What? and then turned his rock thing into lead and you get the picture

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
That's how bad Orion got punked. He was trying to kill him and Miracle was like OMFG ORION'S GOING TO KEEL UZ BAUS and Firestorm was like Who's Orion *casually slaps him away* and Miracle was like OMFG U JUS DUN PISSD HIM AUF SOME MO BAUZ and Firestorm was like What? and then turned his rock thing into lead and you get the picture
That doesn't sound like a fight. Orion didn't get hurt and HE didn't blast the entire city apart kill FS and everything else with the Astro force like he could have. Mother box would just reverse any injuries that FS could manage to get on Orion, if that is possible.

Validus
Orion isn't what he used to be. sad

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus

think we could take him in the tournament then . . .? shifty

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
Sounds fair. I don't read current FS

FS

Joey Stacks

Joey Stacks
Orion's always written like a punk outside of the New Gods books. True it's always someone oogling "omfg it's Orion" but he then proceeds to get thrashed with extreme prejudice by the books main antagonist/protagonist.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Uhh, he didn't even do anything really. Firestorm knocked him 40 blocks across the city, it only pissed him off. He picked up a giant stone arch, Firestorm turned it into lead, the sudden weight increase surprised him, but he was adjusting the weight, still holding it up, when they trapped him in several inches of titanium, which Mr Miracle noted would not hold him. I'll have to see more before he gets knocked for his performance there-in..
. . and not that Firestorm isn't a far more versatile and capable opponent than Hulk either way. He's one of the more powerful mainstay characters in comics.

juntai knows what he's talking about. doesn't sound like a 'thrashing' to me. specially if orion didn't even use the astro-force.

Joey Stacks
How does it not sound like a thrashing when Orion got kicked around the city trying to kill an oblivious Firestorm and not landing a hit?

leonidas
did orion use advice from motherbox? did he use the astro-force -- you know, the power that blasted superman across a CONTINENT . . .?

snoopdogg
He didn't use the af during the fight. FS is a bad motherf*cker though.

leonidas
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He didn't use the af during the fight. FS is a bad motherf*cker though.

i'm not saying he couldn't win the fight snoop. i don't know much about him. i was curious. but to say FS beat him down when orion didn't use a lot of his power, well . . . that doesn't make a lot of sense imo. erm

Donkey Punch

Thats Morissons fault IMO. smile

leonidas
i'm not saying he couldn't win the fight snoop. i don't know much about him. i was curious. but to say FS beat him down when orion didn't use a lot of his power, well . . . that doesn't make a lot of sense imo. erm

ps -- bro, you should be in this tournament. smile

Donkey Punch
think we could take him in the tournament then . . .? shifty

Are you in the Tournament together ?

Me and Flame on have been banned. Regarding the Thread, most characters should loose against Firestorm. He would give most G.L.'s a good fight, but Orion should definitely beat him. Pre Crisis Orion was basically a notch below Darksied, and above Superman.

snoopdogg
i'm not saying he couldn't win the fight snoop. i don't know much about him. i was curious. but to say FS beat him down when orion didn't use a lot of his power, well . . . that doesn't make a lot of sense imo. erm Orion I think was jobbed. But then again Firestorms(any version) powers were actually written pretty well. He is capable of doing alot of different things and it showed in that battle.

Validus
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Thats Morissons fault IMO. smile
His decline started before Morrison.

Donkey Punch
Orion I think was jobbed. But then again Firestorms(any version) powers were actually written pretty well. He is capable of doing alot of different things and it showed in that battle.

He can do all those things, but any version of Orion would have been able to lift that arch way. I mean mass wise it is incomparable to a mountain or a planet or something.

Donkey Punch
His decline started before Morrison.

He was a real pansy during the Morison run. When do you think the jobbing started ? smile

snoopdogg
He can do all those things, but any version of Orion would have been able to lift that arch way. I mean mass wise it is incomparable to a mountain or a planet or something. I wonder how much that lead arch weighed? Anyways he lifted it in a very awkward postion which is impressive actually.

Validus
He was a real pansy during the Morison run. When do you think the jobbing started ? smile
Once Simonson left.

Donkey Punch
I wonder how much that lead arch weighed? Anyways he lifted it in a very awkward postion which is impressive actually.

He still should have been able to lift it with his pinky, especially if he has strength comparable with the 'big guns'. Although they all struggled with objects weighing less. Bad showing none the less. smile

Donkey Punch
Once Simonson left.

The same guy who used to write Thor ?

What serries did he write with Orion in it ? When was it written ?

Validus
The same guy who used to write Thor ?

What serries did he write with Orion in it ? When was it written ?
He wrote Orion's solo series in the mid 90s plus pretty much all New Gods related material. His Orion was a total monster.

Donkey Punch
He wrote Orion's solo series in the mid 90s plus pretty much all New Gods related material. His Orion was a total monster.

Cool,

I take it most of the stuff is in the Orion respect thread ? smile

leonidas
the orion solo series was AWESOME!! that may have been simonson's best work since thor/brb stuff.

that orion DS fight was GREAT, and when he gained the ALE i thought that was TRES cool. the battle with ecruos was sweet, as was the tree and clockwerx -- an idea thta really hasn't ever been followed up to my knowledge. erm

i think at his best, orion should beat any FS, except maybe the elemental.

leonidas
Are you in the Tournament together ?

Me and Flame on have been banned. Regarding the Thread, most characters should loose against Firestorm. He would give most G.L.'s a good fight, but Orion should definitely beat him. Pre Crisis Orion was basically a notch below Darksied, and above Superman.

yeah, batdude val and i are a team. i saw you guys got the boot. there's some irony there, given that neither of you was actually stirring anything up this time. aside from a little spam. erm

LORDSIDIOUS01
Ronnie Raymond Firestorm is a better Firestorm than the current one. I think he could probably beat Orion.

Flame On!!
yeah, batdude val and i are a team. i saw you guys got the boot. there's some irony there, given that neither of you was actually stirring anything up this time. aside from a little spam. erm

We were going to use incredibly obscure characters, I think that was a problem.

-FO!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.