AOTC Deleted Scenes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie

finti
cool

Corran
Padme's bedroom, huh, huh, huh, huh, cool.

yerssot
it's McCallum... I think

btw, ... extended arrival on Naboo?

King Jedi
I don't know what that is either.

I wanted the Ki-Adi Mundi/Plo Kloon assault on the control ship.
And more Mace v Jango.
And more of Anakin destroying the Tusken camp. He was supposed to have burnt the whole camp down. Are we never going to see this stuff?

queeq
Or what about the scene in the garage after the Tusken slaughter, GL cut a big part at the end.

finti
this dvd is gonna be cool

queeq
That is indeed for sure.

Corran
or idd from your neighbours.

mah
big grin

Ushgarak
No nonsense about Yoda beating Dooku then? Good.

I know some people who wanted to see far LESS of the Tusken Slaughter- as in it sould only have been hinted at at all.

yerssot
The extended arrival is with his first nightmare etc. Love brabbel mostly

Imo, KJ, that assault was only mentioned but nothing shot at all.
And I'm doubting the camp-tale too, SW is a kids movie, remember.

Ushgarak
The assault on the control ship would be far too much hard work for them to do while they are still working on new films- the speical effects on it weren't even started.

King Jedi
The assualt on the control ship was filmed and so was Anakin destroying the camp. They built the camp and burned it down. But we're never going to see it.

I don't know anyone who wanted that scene just "hinted" at.

yerssot
oh, didn't knew of that

queeq
The assault on the gunship was probably all shot in front of a bluescreen. That is why USh said it was too much work to finish it. And too great a part to insert into the story. THat part wasn't even in the novel, it's a concept GL dropped altogether.

But the Tusken slaughter.... yes, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Ushgarak
Well, I do know people who wanted it hinted at!

And queeq is right. The droid control assault is nowhere near finished form. This is briefly discussed at the website. Without considerable work it could not be shown. Thry have nowhere near enough time to do that work.

Julie
huh....explain that ush.....
BTW I sort of wish the tusken scene was longer just to see what it would have been....morbid curiosity I guess

yerssot
I can clear things for you julie... Anakin wins

Ushgarak
Explain what bit, Julie, the Tusken bit or the DCS assault bit?

King Jedi
Are they 3 year olds? All I've heard is people compaining that the scene was cut.

The waterfall scene in TPM wasn't completed. Neither were parts of the pod- race line up.
They had plenty of time to complete that scene. They've made a decision not to. It's got nothing to do with "time".

Ushgarak
No, they were in their mid-20s and perfectly reasonable people.

The waterfall scene was small and required relatively little work, and even then was included only on a DVD released 18 months after the film whilst the DCS assault is bloody huge and very complex indeed- a fight scene, no less, the hardest things to do; they would have to put in the droids and the laser blasts and what-not; it would take ages- and released on a DVD coming only SIX months after the original.

To expect its inclusion would be hopeful at the very least; I reckon time has a lot to do with it.

mechmoggy
Were these twenty-somethings girls maybe? stick out tongue

I want to see all the horrific blood-bath in all its glory.

Ushgarak
Ok, granted, they were girls. They had seen a scriptment at which it is only hinted at and said they thought it was more powerful that way.

ToMacco
I thought the Episode I outakes were rather boring, myself.

King Jedi
Hayden Christiansen said that the scene when he destroys the camp would be one of the most memorable scenes, not just in Star Wars but in all movies.

I'd quite like to see that.

Julie
well ya can't .....keep on dreaming...

King Jedi
Well we should.

Julie
good....so are you even remotely interested in seeing the new scenes on the AOTC DVD?....BTW I'm going to preorder it from wal mart.com so I can get a free pack of cards big grin

queeq
Of course we are interested. It's also interesting though to discuss these things.
And indeed, the waterfall scene in TPM was fairly easy to do. Just imagine what it would have taken to make all these extensive backgrounds (which means creating ALL of the ships), all the battle droids, lightsabre's, explosions etc. etc. Now that IS a lot of work. And once again, even storywise it was dropped a long time ago so there probably didn't go too much work in finishing the very scene itself.

Julie
ummm which scene are you talking about now...you jumped from the waterfall in TPM to something else....

queeq
The scene that we had been discussing for a while: the scene where Ki-Adi Mundi boards the droid control ship in AOTC... and that in comparison to the TPM waterfall scene for the amount of work.

yerssot
well, in some way it's the logic choice to drop it though

Ushgarak
And also the amount of time, queeq, as I pointed out- this is just six months after AOTC whilst the TPM one was 18 months after.

yerssot
btw, was it just me or was the waterfall scene not 100% great ILM work?

Ushgarak
No it wasn't, but interesting for a 'scratch' job like that. Even more reason for them not attempting a full battle scene on that sort of set-up!

King Jedi
I've always thought that the fx work had been started on that scene long ago. Didn't Rick McCallum say something about that?

I remember him being asked about the Jedi fighting in the arena and he metioned that Ki-Adi and Plo Kloon had there own little story that they dropped it during editing because of time. He made it sound like it was all filmed and the fx were there.

yerssot
wait for the collectors dvd in 2052 wink

Ushgarak
No, he said that the special effects on that shot were not finished. It had been shot and edited, but was far from complete.

master harmax
I don't mind about that scene getting cut ... but since I'm not 13, and I have no qualms about seeing darkness in SW, I very much wish they show the Tusken slaughter in much more detail on the DVD.

yerssot
you certainly look like a 13 year old to me wink

master harmax
Carry on like that any longer and there will be some other sort of slaughtering Yerss ! stick out tongue

yerssot
me slaughtering chocolate?

master harmax
No ! ME slaughtering u know who.

yerssot
a bird?

master harmax
NO ! mad well ... never mind ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
you give up?

master harmax
If only we could throw off the countdown in the Ep.3 countdown thread as easily as we've taken this thread off topic ! :-D

Anyway, back on topic .... the Tusken slaughter .... and also the final combat between Dooku and Yoda ... that has been edited on the film as well as I understand. I'm looking forward to these on the DVd.

yerssot
oh well, in two weeks we have the answer, huh?

master harmax
Yes.
I'm gonna pre order my copy next week ... I'll use my friend's credit card and pay him back in Indian rupees. smile

yerssot
order one for mee too wink

master harmax
But u have no problem ... just get it from Amazon ! I'll send u the money in rupees !

yerssot
sure! sent me three now big grin

master harmax
what three rupees ? that's not enought for u to buy even a half dozen eggs ! lol

yerssot
ok ok,... three hundred rupies then

master harmax
hmm...
that might get u lessee now ... 22 % of the DVD ... heheheh.

yerssot
who said I wanted to buy the dvd with it?

CyberFelon
I've seen the DVD. The only new scene inserted into the movie THAT I NOTICED (chances are there's more) is after Anakin yells "I HATE THEM" and sits down and starts crying. Padme sits down with him and says "To be angry is to be human" and Anakin says "I'm a Jedi (the line from the trailer), I know I'm better than this". Those two lines make that scene a hell of a lot better. Other than that, the quality is AMAZING.

King Jedi
How did you manage to see it?

Julie
yeah how'd you get your hands on it early....I preordered it from walmart so that I can get a free pack of cards to go with it:-)

CyberFelon
I have my sources smile

mah
hes George Lucas, stop him!

yerssot
nah, some already have it

btw, I have a few changes of AOTC on my comp, only sounds though

CyberFelon
What else has changed? I only noticed one thing different.

yerssot
a yell, a line, nothing important

CyberFelon
Oh, u mean the clone trooper yelling as he falls of the gunship? I noticed that too.

CyberFelon
Woops, I mean Anakin yelling out "Padme!". I watched it again and realised I was deaf... lol

yerssot
and the sigh when she stands up again

Julie
what are you talking about????

yerssot
the changes in the AOTC DVD

mah
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I was into this dvd shop and they PLAYED the AOTC dvd on their TV, and THE DVD COVER LAY ON TOP OF THE PLAYER!!!!!!!!sad

finti
yeah I know platekompaniet got some

yerssot
painful, I just wait and watch my AOTC DVD big grin

Julie
ugh.....you would wouldn't you.....

yerssot
I thought I already did big grin

Julie
I suppose.....so does your dvd have the deleted scenes????

yerssot
no, they weren't finished at that time, I had it two months after the release, you know!

Captain REX
Bootlegged...

So, I guess the Official Site clued us in a little more with a Databank update. The Naberrie family, JN-66 & SP-4 the Jedi Temple's analysis droids, and the Jedi Temple hangar.

yerssot
just read the novel Rex, and all the other things like the comics, etc.

Captain REX
What novel?

*flushes book down toilet, which clogs*

Opps...

Julie
uhhh.....go fish it out!!!!! or visit your local library and borrow the book then study it cover to cover....most of your questions will be answered!

Mujaffa
........................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................

Julie
You are just full of these things today aren't you?
BTW yeaaa AOTC has shipped...both of them VHS and DVD.....yesssss....

Mujaffa
Post pic in the eu thread
-finti

mah
why isnt that in the pics thread?

Mujaffa
it's everywhere Happy Dance

Julie
nice dance... the deleted scenes were interesting, but not as wonderful as I had imagined them to ne *sigh* got to learn to lower my expectations.

Julie
How come the VHS version doesn't have all of the deleted scenes.

Ushgarak
That kind of thing is normally reserved for DVDs.

Julie
Yea but they have about half the scenes...but they didn't include them all...they probably ran out of tape or something....did you know that the imax version of AOTC was only an hour and a half..I didn't realize that

Ushgarak
Yipes!

queeq
WHAT????!!!!

How odd????? But maybe it's even better, the the Phantom Edit was. evil face

Ushgarak
Except at the start.

queeq
True, that was a tad roughish.

Julie
eh ya lost me....nothing ususual about that though....carry on

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.