Wonderman v.s Superboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
Kon-El v.s Wonderman. Just curious about this one here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm inclined to Go with Wonderman. Tho I dont' know what SB's tactile Tk would do to WM's Ionic body.

Soleran
I'm going with Superboy.

What If...
Current or classic Wonderman?

Soleran
Originally posted by What If...
Current or classic Wonderman?

Fights are supposed to be with Currentsmile

Except of course we are assuming Superboy isn't deadsmile

UniOmni
Wonderman.

More durable, and stronger

Soleran
Kon-El has picked up a castle before.

Wonderman held up a building that was crushing him, Kon picked up and held the castle, no problem.

hunbu04
just to get things straight Konner is stronger,faster,and more durable. Plus heat vision, nigh invulnerability, and TK.
IN IC he destroy a Russia size anti monitor space station just by touching it OH at the same time he was also fighting Superboy prime

guy222
Originally posted by Redatom65
Kon-El v.s Wonderman. Just curious about this one here.

Wonderman

jasofisc
did superboy ever get super speed if not i'm going with wonderman if we are talking about the guy that was acctually tuff, the poor excuse walking around in comics now would be killed by superboy even when he was first starting out.

UniOmni
Wonderman has been said to have planet crushing power, and survived the Nega Bomb explosion, which destroyed a galaxy.............

HA!

guy222
bumprav

KK the Great
Originally posted by Soleran
Kon-El has picked up a castle before.

Wonderman held up a building that was crushing him, Kon picked up and held the castle, no problem.
Uh, no.

He had trouble holding up the building because if he pushed any harder it would fall apart and crush the rest of the Avengers.

He's also held up the Avengers Hydrobase island, which had a mountain on it.

snoopdogg
I remember a issue where WM was trying to be cool and thought he could stop a press but ended up yelling for help. Then later admitts he got in over his head.

Don't know what issue.

Dark-Jaxx
Since I am lazy Superboy wins and I base this only on their showings against SMP.

KK the Great
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I remember a issue where WM was trying to be cool and thought he could stop a press but ended up yelling for help. Then later admitts he got in over his head.

Don't know what issue.

He did stop the press. But then he was sort of stuck holding it and couldn't get out. It was set for 50,000 tons.

That was at the peak of his era of doubting himself and losing confidence. It was as though his instincts caused him to save the man stuck in the press before he could think about it, but then once he realized what he was doing he went, "wait, I can't be doing this..." or something like that.

KK the Great
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Since I am lazy Superboy wins and I base this only on their showings against SMP.

Yeah, that Wonder Man vs. Superman Prime fight.

That one was a doozy.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by KK the Great

That one was a doozy. Personally, I think WM was written down during that fight.

snoopdogg

That one was a doozy. Maybe he's thinking about JLA/Avengers where Supes slapped Simon silly.

KK the Great
Maybe he's thinking about JLA/Avengers where Supes slapped Simon silly.

You mean where Supes sucker-punched Simon from behind and then teleported away before we saw what happened to Simon?

snoopdogg
You mean where Supes sucker-punched Simon from behind and then teleported away before we saw what happened to Simon? Yea, the one where Supes caught his punch mid swing? Cheap shot or not Wonderman wasn't gonna do jack sh!t to Superman.

KK the Great
Yea, the one where Supes caught his punch mid swing?

That's an interesting interpretation.

Generally, "caught his punch" indicates that the target of the punch caught his attacker's fist, which I think you're perfectly aware of and are being intentionally misleading.

Wonder Man was punching through Green Lantern's shields and Superman grabbed his arm while he was cocking it back for another blow.

That is decidedly not "catching his punch."

snoopdogg
That's an interesting interpretation.

Generally, "caught his punch" indicates that the target of the punch caught his attacker's fist, which I think you're perfectly aware of and are being intentionally misleading.

Wonder Man was punching through Green Lantern's shields and Superman grabbed his arm while he was cocking it back for another blow.

That is decidedly not "catching his punch." I give you credit for tying to find something good out of that. But Superman served Wonderman.

KK the Great
I give you credit for tying to find something good out of that.

You'll get no such credit from me.

If you want to misrepresent facts--I'll come just short of calling you a liar--then you'll have to try again.

snoopdogg
You'll get no such credit from me.

If you want to misrepresent facts--I'll come just short of calling you a liar--then you'll have to try again. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupesservinWM.jpg

Lol!!!

Dark-Jaxx

That one was a doozy. Wait...

Oh shit I misread the thread title.

Nevermind.

KK the Great
Lol!!!

Are you a disabled kid or something?

Simon is punching through Kyle's shield. Superman grabs his other arm from behind.

On what planet does that fit the standard definition of catching a punch?

snoopdogg
Are you a disabled kid or something?

Simon is punching through Kyle's shield. Superman grabs his other arm from behind.

On what planet does that fit the standard definition of catching a punch? Grabs his other arm? Lay off the crack son. Simon is cocking his right hand before he says one more punch and Supes is clearly grabbing his right hand.

KK the Great
Grabs his other arm? Lay off the crack son. Simon is cocking his right hand before he says one more punch and Supes is clearly grabbing his right hand.

Oh, I get it.

You're one of those dumb guys.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9695/snoopdoggmightberetarderb5.jpg

snoopdogg
HA! Name calling is the first sign of defeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WM tries to get the punch off but was just overpowered.

KK the Great
Fortunately, I'm more than intelligent enough to run mental circles around guys like you and still be insulting for my own enjoyment.

Any way you slice it (I like to slice things intelligently--you may have less luck), that isn't "catching his punch."

snoopdogg
Most people after throwing a left with their right arm cocked throw the right immediately after.

KK the Great
Most people can read comic books at an adult level.

But I'm not dealing with most people, and so naturally I'm forced to suffer through your garbage interpretations.

snoopdogg
It's ok. I understand one of your favorites was served in a cannon comic and you don't like it.

llagrok
Would you two kids shut the **** up?

Superboy.

KK the Great
It's ok. I understand one of your favorites was served in a cannon comic and you don't like it.

I'm sorry, but I don't speak gutter rat. I could care less about servings one way or another.

Bottom line: It is disingenuous, if not outright lying, to say that Superman caught Simon's punch.

Knowsbleed33
Looks like Supes caught WM off guard to me.

kgkg
laughing This is great never had such a good laugh, I thank you guys

Soljer
Haha! He caught his punch!

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

snoopdogg
I'm sorry, but I don't speak gutter rat. I could care less about servings one way or another.

Bottom line: It is disingenuous, if not outright lying, to say that Superman caught Simon's punch. It is proper to say Simon was served.

Mindset
stfu

Anyway, Wonderman wins.

OneDumbG0
Wonderman crushed Ultron-13's secondary adamantium skull between his bare hands. He's quite strong. Him and Hyperion also destroyed a planet with their fighting, IIRC. But I have to be frank, I don't know a whole lot about Superboy's durability.

Mindset
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Wonderman crushed Ultron-13's secondary adamantium skull between his bare hands. He's quite strong. Him and Hyperion also destroyed a planet with their fighting, IIRC. But I have to be frank, I don't know a whole lot about Superboy's durability.

Not that great.

I could beat him.

KK the Great
It is proper to say Simon was served.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6418/gangbustersea4.jpg

Damn, cuz. I was straight trippin' when dat boi got jumped. That shit was ill, son.

snoopdogg
Yea, Superman was served there. Bigtime.

KK the Great
Yeeeeeeeeah boooooiii!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/MetalCarlos/thug_life.jpg

[EC] Icarus II
That crossover is canon? Which crossover is it?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Soljer
Haha! He caught his punch!

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

http://i34.tinypic.com/sy8fp4.gif

Galan007
Originally posted by Icarus II
That crossover is canon? Which crossover is it? yes. "jla/avengers"

CaptainStoic
Simon was caught off guard this is very obvious, he would also take a majority over Superboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.