Mandarin vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Mandarin vs Hulk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Who wins?

Symmetric Chaos
Mandarin tears a hole in reality shifty

ExodusCloak
He could always just turn him into a green beetle. no expression

guy222
Originally posted by endrict
Mandarin vs Hulk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

Who wins?

Hulk

leonidas
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Mandarin tears a hole in reality shifty

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He could always just turn him into a green beetle. no expression

jealous bastards. stick out tongue

ps--hulk in a route. shifty

Bouboumaster
Mendarin is a foe to Iron Man.

Hulk beat Iron Man with one hand in the back.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Mendarin is a foe to Iron Man.

Hulk beat Iron Man with one hand in the back.

What does that prove?

leonidas
What does that prove?

more to the point: what the hell does it mean? blink

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by leonidas
more to the point: what the hell does it mean? blink

Exactly it's not as if Mandarin can teleport objects *cough* namely people *cough* to the moon or anything. whistling1

Evil_Ash
Apparently, this has already happened.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Incredhulk107.png

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Apparently, this has already happened.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Incredhulk107.png

laughing out loud

Middle finger.

Evil_Ash
laughing out loud

Middle finger.

Yeah. The middle finger ring has the "F%ck off beam", which even Thanos couldn't take.

Bentley
Bump.

Harbinger
Terrible matchup for Mandarin. Can't see him inflicting enough damage to overcome Hulk's HF.

Hulk stomps.

JakeTheBank
Hulk should be able to take most of what Mandy can throw at him. If he gets creative, he could attempt a BFR or incapacitation, but I don't he's going to outright KO Hulk.

CPT Space Bomb
If it were someone with intelligence using the rings, Hulk would lose. But Mandarin constantly fails to defeat Iron Man, and for that, Hulk wins. Give Reed Richards or Dr. Doom the rings, and it's a wash for them though.

JakeTheBank
Mandarin is very smart and he's nearly killed Iron Man many times. Him losing to Iron Man isn't a knock against him.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mandarin is very smart and he's nearly killed Iron Man many times. Him losing to Iron Man isn't a knock against him. I think it is due to the mere limitless potential those rings have. It's kind of like how the Elders were powerful, but they never really knew how to tap into the Infinity Gems. Thanos, however, did. And no, I'm not comparing Mandarin's rings to the Infinity Gauntlet, but I'm using that as an example.

Harbinger
If you take the high end showings for the rings, the IG comparison isn't too far off, IMO; they've operated like an IG-lite in a sense.

Bentley
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I think it is due to the mere limitless potential those rings have. It's kind of like how the Elders were powerful, but they never really knew how to tap into the Infinity Gems. Thanos, however, did. And no, I'm not comparing Mandarin's rings to the Infinity Gauntlet, but I'm using that as an example.

Are you saying Mandarin fights like Apocalypse?

Harbinger
Bentley just got reported.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Harbinger
If you take the high end showings for the rings, the IG comparison isn't too far off, IMO; they've operated like an IG-lite in a sense. This is kinda what I'm getting at. With the rings, there really is NO reason that Iron Man should EVER beat Mandarin (without assistance).
Originally posted by Bentley
Are you saying Mandarin fights like Apocalypse? I know I'll catch hell for saying this, but not really. Mandarin has at least some good showings, whereas Apocalypse has very few. Even in his own series, AoA, He jobbed to Magneto at the end.

Bentley
Okey, I thought you were dissing Mandarin there...

Bentley just got reported.

First time in a non-Kang thread ermmha

VanMae
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I think it is due to the mere limitless potential those rings have. It's kind of like how the Elders were powerful, but they never really knew how to tap into the Infinity Gems. Thanos, however, did. And no, I'm not comparing Mandarin's rings to the Infinity Gauntlet, but I'm using that as an example.

I don't think it's so much him not knowing how to tap into the rings power, so much as the Mandarin is ruled by machismo. He likes to prove how badass he is as a warrior, so he mostly just uses the rings to put people off-balance. Like, using a tornado to suck Iron Man down out of the air and go hand-to-hand. Or using illusions to make Iron Man fight the wrong thing so he can get in sucker-punches and sucker-kicks while Iron Man doesn't know who to dodge.

It's like in his mind the rings can't be allowed to steal the limelight away from his personal abilities. Maybe he even sees them as competition to a degree.

leonidas
If you take the high end showings for the rings, the IG comparison isn't too far off, IMO; they've operated like an IG-lite in a sense.

wut? when? where?

moondragons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.