JLA 1M v.s. The GL Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
The roster for the JLA 1M is as follows:

Superman 1M
Flash 1M
Aquaman 1M
Hourman 1M
Wonder Woman 1M
Starman 1M
Resurrection Man 1M
Batman 1M
Martian Manhunter 1M

They will be taking on the entire GL corps.

The fight takes place on Mars, and the JLA have 30 mins of prep time on their planets before they are transproted to Mars to engage the GL's.

NOTE: Ion/Parallax may not be used, but Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan at their regular GL powerset can be used.

Who takes it?

Juntai
Hourman 1 million wins.

Juntai
So this is all seven thousand two hunded and one green lanterns?

masterbruce
It seems the JLA 1M can do some time manipulation to get a win.

But if it's just a pure fight, the GLs should outpower them, there are after all like 7,000 GLs right? Aside from Superman 1M, JLA doesn't really have many powerhitters.

I'm also assuming Superman Prime is not considered part of the JLA 1M, or this would be a foolish spite thread.

Juntai
Originally posted by masterbruce

But if it's just a pure fight, the GLs should outpower them, there are after all like 7,000 GLs right? Aside from Superman 1M, JLA doesn't really have many powerhitters.

I'm also assuming Superman Prime is considered part of the JLA 1M, or this would be a foolish spite thread. Read the initial thread again.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
So this is all seven thousand two hunded and one green lanterns? Yes.

This is the members of the JLA 1M I named v.s. 7,200 GL's.

Galan007

I'm also assuming Superman Prime is not considered part of the JLA 1M, or this would be a foolish spite thread. If you read my opening post, you will find that I named all of the JLA 1M characters that may be used in this thread. doped

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007

Superman 1M
Flash 1M
Aquaman 1M
Hourman 1M
Wonder Woman 1M
Starman 1M
Resurrection Man 1M
Batman 1M
Martian Manhunter 1M

The fight takes place on Mars, and the JLA have 30 mins of prep time on their planets before they are transproted to Mars to engage the GL's.

NOTE: Ion/Parallax may not be used, but Kyle Rayner/Hal Jordan at their regular GL powerset can be used.

Who takes it?

JLA 1M

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
JLA 1M Any particular reason why?

masterbruce
Any particular reason why?

time manipulation dood

jesserw21
batman takes souls from a good couple of them

Galan007
time manipulation dood dood? confused

grey fox
Jla 1m

They are FIGHTING on a member , i'm thinking Ego style Hi-jinx
Force vision people , it held back a Galaxy it can certainly knock a large chunk of these guys into the sun.
Soul stealing
Aquaman can boil the water in their bodies , no amount of shields can stop that
Flash could technically drag all of them into the SF
Mental manipulation from S*
Time Manipulation

Validus
Corpz

Symmetric Chaos
JLA 1M has way too much going for them.

Flash1M could probably end much of the fight before the GLC can react.
Supes1M is basicly unstoppable.
Martian1M could probably mindrape ever GL at once.
Hourman has TimeManip which swing the odds heavily to the JLA 1M.
I don't know quite enough about the other JLA 1M members.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Corpz Originally posted by grey fox
Jla 1m

They are FIGHTING on a member , i'm thinking Ego style Hi-jinx
Force vision people , it held back a Galaxy it can certainly knock a large chunk of these guys into the sun.
Soul stealing
Aquaman can boil the water in their bodies , no amount of shields can stop that
Flash could technically drag all of them into the SF
Mental manipulation from S*
Time Manipulation

Joey Stacks
GLC

It'll also be fun seeing Mogo fighting on Mars

grey fox
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
GLC

It'll also be fun seeing Mogo fighting on Mars

This before or after Mogo is shattered into a million pieces ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
This before or after Mogo is shattered into a million pieces ?

During. That would be the coolest part.

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
During. That would be the coolest part.

Indeed

Force Vision ftw !

spidey-dude

Superman 1M
Flash 1M
Aquaman 1M
Hourman 1M
Wonder Woman 1M
Starman 1M
Resurrection Man 1M
Batman 1M
Martian Manhunter 1M

Who takes it? how many GLs are there ?

Validus

Saw your post already.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by spidey-dude
how many GLs are there ?

Over 7000

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Saw your post already.

Re-emphasizing a point.

Galan007
Time Manipulation Just want to emphasize that Hourman possesses the most powerful form of Time manipulation the DCU has to offer. (i.e. The Worlogog)

Galan007
I don't know quite enough about the other JLA 1M members. Well for starters, Resurrection Man 1M is truly immortal, but he can "kill" himself for a split second, and when he resurrects, he is able to manifest nearly any power he chooses.

Hell, he's manifested the power of a Black Hole before. laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Well for starters, Resurrection Man 1M is truly immortal, but he can "kill" himself for a split second, and when he resurrects, he is able to manifest nearly any power he chooses.

Hell, he's manifested the power of a Black Hole before. laughing out loud

Right so there a several JLA1M members that could almost solo the GLC.

Galan007
Right so there a several JLA1M members that could almost solo the GLC. srug

That's for you to decide. shifty

masterbruce
srug

That's for you to decide. shifty

now do you see my argument for why Prime is #1, even above TOAA?

Some of the members of JLA 1 Million are so ridiculously powerful that they'd make Galactus look like an infant, a starving infant.

Yet all of them together couldn't do jack against the onslaught of Solaris.

Only when He, Prime, decided to step away from his sunthrone, was there a ray of hope.

And Prime crushed Solaris, a being the entire JLA 1Million could do nothing against, in a single panel.

Prime is the most powerful character in either DC/Marvel.

ok, there's my rant for the day. cool

Galan007

Some of the members of JLA 1 Million are so ridiculously powerful that they'd make Galactus look like an infant, a starving infant.

Yet all of them together couldn't do jack against the onslaught of Solaris. Is that why S1M alone, was holding Solaris at bay with his force-vision?

masterbruce
Is that why S1M alone, was holding Solaris at bay with his force-vision?

no, that's why S1M had to call his God, SMP, to save the day!

Don't hate the Prime! Happy Dance

Galan007
no, that's why S1M had to call his God, SMP, to save the day! S1M didn't "call" anyone.

He was handling Solaris with his Force-Vision fairly easily, and when the last GL ring entered the Sun, then, and only then, did Prime come out of retirement.

There was nothing to insinuate S1M needing help to defeat Solaris, infact he comments that Solaris was going to burn himself out shortly after he applied his force-vision.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Yet all of them together couldn't do jack against the onslaught of Solaris.

Only when He, Prime, decided to step away from his sunthrone, was there a ray of hope.

And Prime crushed Solaris, a being the entire JLA 1Million could do nothing against, in a single panel.

Prime is the most powerful character in either DC/Marvel.

ok, there's my rant for the day. cool

OMG. SMP is not the most powerful character in comics.

What about the Source, Michael, The LT, MultiEternity, Krona, Preretconned beyonder, Mr.Mxy, and I'm sure I can think of more. You give SMP far too much credit.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

What about the Source, Michael, The LT, MultiEternity, Krona, Preretconned beyonder, Mr.Mxy, and I'm sure I can think of more. You give SMP far too much credit. Yeah, he's never shown anything to put him near the top of DC's hierarchy.

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

What about the Source, Michael, The LT, MultiEternity, Krona, Preretconned beyonder, Mr.Mxy, and I'm sure I can think of more. You give SMP far too much credit.

Masterbruce thinks SMP is teh Jesus of DC

Symmetric Chaos
Masterbruce thinks SMP is teh Jesus of DC

They do look similar . . . kinda

grey fox
They do look similar . . . kinda

Symmetric Chaos

6 dots. They look like Jesus too . . . kinda

Galan007
6 dots. They look like Jesus too . . . kinda And they have about as many feats as Superman Prime. evil face

Symmetric Chaos
And they have about as many feats as Superman Prime. evil face

Taken individually they have more 313

Galan007
Taken individually they have more 313 Well if,

. = 1 feat

Then you're right! laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Well if,

. = 1 feat

Then you're right! laughing out loud

yes

They also have no low feats.

Galan007
yes

They also have no low feats. Teh .'s pwn all!

Galan007
bump?

Soljer
Errmm...it's a well known fact that Green Lanterns follow the inverse ninja law.

Batman 1M could solo them.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Errmm...it's a well known fact that Green Lanterns follow the inverse ninja law.

Batman 1M could solo them. laughing laughing

Symmetric Chaos
laughing laughing

He can just steal their souls smile

Galan007
He can just steal their souls smile laughing out loud

I'd give a Corps a little more credit then that.

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

I'd give a Corps a little more credit then that.

laughing out loud

Batman1M = SoulGem
Hourman1M = TimeGem
Superman1M = PowerGem
Martian1M = MindGem
Flash1M = SpaceGem

Come on the corps are screwed its almost like fighting the IG shifty

Batman-Prime
If SM 1M is nearly as powerful as SBP, which is most likely, he will win this one alone wink.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
If SM 1M is nearly as powerful as SBP, which is most likely, he will win this one alone wink.

He's probably more powerful and definitly more versatile.

Actually it can be argued that the JLA1M has several members who could solo the GLC.

masterbruce
laughing out loud

Batman1M = SoulGem
Hourman1M = TimeGem
Superman1M = PowerGem
Martian1M = MindGem
Flash1M = SpaceGem

Come on the corps are screwed its almost like fighting the IG shifty

that's pretty good.

And Superman Prime is the HOTU

Soljer
that's pretty good.

And Superman Prime is the HOTU

When did someone who is Galactus level (at best) become as powerful as the one above all?

Galan007
If SM 1M is nearly as powerful as SBP, which is most likely, he will win this one alone wink. S1M is FAR superior to SBP.Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Actually it can be argued that the JLA1M has several members who could solo the GLC. Hourman could for sure.

S1M possibly could.

Resurrection Man possibly could.

Symmetric Chaos
When did someone who is Galactus level (at best) become as powerful as the one above all?

Retcon punch?

Galan007
Retcon punch? Supes Prime never threw a retcon punch. confused

Symmetric Chaos
Supes Prime never threw a retcon punch.

If he can find a reality wall and hit it what would stop him?

Soljer
Retcon punch?

That was SuperBOY prime.

And it was also piss-poor writing.

masterbruce

May I ask where you got the notion that Prime was ONLY Galactus level?

Take the JLA 1M, many of its members rival Galactus in power...Hourman can create entire universes (something Galactus could only dream of), Superman 1M can punch holes in space/time...yet they could do nothing to end the threat of Solaris.

Superman Prime emerges from his sunthrone and crushes Solaris with a smile on his face in one single panel.

that tells me Superman Prime is far, far beyond Galactus. It would be a insult to Prime to put him on such a low level.

Symmetric Chaos
Superman Prime emerges from his sunthrone and crushes Solaris with a smile on his face in one single panel.

hysterical

masterbruce
Supes Prime never threw a retcon punch. confused

nor did TOAA, guess he can't retcon punch either.

Galan007
If he can find a reality wall and hit it what would stop him? Ohh, if he was at a reality wall like SBP was, he could more than likely do the whole retcon punch thing...

But I thought you meant he could just punch the air, and cause retcons laughing out loud

masterbruce

Take the JLA 1M, many of its members rival Galactus in power...Hourman can create entire universes (something Galactus could only dream of), Superman 1M can punch holes in space/time...yet they could do nothing to end the threat of Solaris.

that tells me Superman Prime is far, far beyond Galactus. It would be a insult to Prime to put him on such a low level.

putting it on this page in case ppl miss it, hate the end of a page.

Soljer

Feats. Show me something impressive. Oh, right, I can count the number of panels Prime's ever appeared in on my fingers and toes.

Hourman wasn't present to battle Solaris.

Punching holes in space time isn't too impressive - Juggernaut's done it (an amped Juggernaut, sure, but still Juggernaut.) Sasquatch's done it. He certainly isn't galactus level.

A fully powered Galactus could have wiped out Solaris, Prime, and every other 853rd Century Hero present. Simultaneously and with little effort.

Galan007
Dude, re-read JLA 1M

Superman 1M using his force-vision clearly contained Solaris BY HIMSELF, he even said that Solaris was going to burn himself out.

And Hourman 1M wasn't even at that battle.

Why?

Because he was infected by the virus. doped

masterbruce
Dude, re-read JLA 1M

Superman 1M using his force-vision clearly contained Solaris BY HIMSELF, he even said that Solaris was going to burn himself out.

And Hourman 1M wasn't even at that battle.

Why?

Because he was infected by the virus. doped

yes, the virus by Solaris.

So Solaris was PWNing Hourman, who, even with the power to create entire universes, could not defeat the virus of Solaris!

Prime > Solaris > Hourman > Galactus

Galan007
That was SuperBOY prime.

And it was also piss-poor writing. Nah,

It would have been pis poor if SBP wouldn't have been at a place where a reality wall could be directly struck.

But he was.

Galan007
yes, the virus by Solaris.

So Solaris was PWNing Hourman, who, even with the power to create entire universes, could not defeat the virus of Solaris!

Prime > Solaris > Hourman > Galactus Hourman is an android..... a cybernetic organism.

That's how he was affected, becuase the computer virus corrupted his system.

Solaris most certainly didn't overpower him.

Hourman >>> Solaris.

Soljer
The fact that they made a place where that was possible period is piss poor writing.

Seriously.

"Lets have him be in a place where...you...can...ermmm...hit reality. And do stuff. Cool, huh?"

masterbruce
Hourman is an android..... a cybernetic organism.

That's how he was affected, becuase the computer virus corrupted his system.

Solaris most certainly didn't overpower him.

Hourman >>> Solaris.

give me a frggin break, Galan, now you're just grasping at straws to humiliate and downgrade Prime.

Hourman may be cybernetic, but the fact that he has the power to create universes almost certainly means he's got defenses for all kinds of viruses.

the fact that Solaris was able to take out Hourman with a virus that Hourman couldn't counter shows the power of Solaris.

Symmetric Chaos
the fact that Solaris was able to take out Hourman with a virus that Hourman couldn't counter shows the power of Solaris.

Not really. It just show's that he's very clever and can make a good computer virus.

Galan007
The fact that they made a place where that was possible period is piss poor writing.

Seriously.

"Lets have him be in a place where...you...can...ermmm...hit reality. And do stuff. Cool, huh?" Yeah, but it would have been WAY worse if SBP could have just punched thin air and did the same thing IMO.

At least DC had the sense to put him someplace where it was "possible".

Galan007
Hourman may be cybernetic, but the fact that he has the power to create universes almost certainly means he's got defenses for all kinds of viruses.

the fact that Solaris was able to take out Hourman with a virus that Hourman couldn't counter shows the power of Solaris. For the record, Hourman never created a Universe, he just stopped the Big Bang of one..... Get your facts straight.

And Solaris's ability to create a good computer virus, doesn't make him more powerful then the damn Worlogog.

Get that crap outta here.

masterbruce
Not really. It just show's that he's very clever and can make a good computer virus.

a guy who can create a universe doesn't have the most advanced foolproof antivirus systems installed?

Soljer
Yeah, but it would have been WAY worse if SBP could have just punched thin air and did the same thing IMO.

At least DC had the sense to put him someplace where it was "possible".

True, but being the lesser of two evils doesn't make you good.

Galan007
a guy who can create a universe doesn't have the most advanced foolproof antivirus systems installed? Again, Hourman NEVER created a Universe, he just stopped the Big Bang of one!

Again, get your facts straight. doped

Galan007
True, but being the lesser of two evils doesn't make you good. Agreed.

Symmetric Chaos
a guy who can create a universe doesn't have the most advanced foolproof antivirus systems installed?

Nope. The two concepts have nothing to do with one another.

The virus took down Hourman not Solaris. I can fire a gun but that doesn't mean I have the ability to kill a person from 100 meters without the tech.

masterbruce
Again, Hourman NEVER created a Universe, he just stopped the Big Bang of one!

Again, get your facts straight. doped

yeah, you're right...my bad.

I actually thought I got that fact from you, checked the Worlogog thread, and it was some other guy who created a universe with the Worlogog.

Galan007
yeah, you're right...my bad.

I actually thought I got that fact from you, checked the Worlogog thread, and it was some other guy who created a universe with the Worlogog. Extant used the Worlogog + The Mobius Chair to create his Universe.

But Hourman was able to use a tiny fraction of the Worlogog's power to stop a Big Bang. It's still a great feat, but nothing to creating your own Universe.

Batman-Prime

Hm, SMP is maybe on par with LT, maybe even beyond. His feats, crushing Solaris for example, are few, but we will see more I hope, to better judge his powers.
All I see now is spite and hate, but anyway, SMP saved Atom as his Universe was destroyed and told him that even HE couldn't save Atoms Universe, because it happened to fast, which indicates that if it would have hapened a bit slower he could have saved it. So who is more powerful, somone who can create an Universe, destroy it or save it? A pointless question I guess stick out tongue as SMP could surely destroy one or save one, I'm not sure about the creation part though wink.

*****And since he is at the very least an Universal Power he is over LT, like the HOTU paperbag3 .******** Happy Dance

But SMP is just an Evolution of Superman, before he became SMP he had (most likely that is) crashed the gates of heaven and got powers from the very edge of space and time. I guess if he tore down Heavens gates the angels weren't happy, and yet he came back, so I assume he won stick out tongue.
He gained powers from the Source, he may have met the Presence, he bestowed powers to his ancestors beyond any held by any metahuman ever.
Even as our Superman he was considered an Cosmic Being, somtimes even a threat to the Universe, by the Quintessence, they should know such things best wink. He even saved the DC Omniverse once!!!!! pray
I say he was > Galactus even before he became SMP, though after he got the powers from the source.

All those people who think he is below Galactus aren't right, or wrong for that matter, it's their opinion, sometimes biased, sometimes just "fair" because SMP lacks more feats. People who think he is on par with LT, are also allowed to have their opinion, which is as likely as that of the others.

As said, wait and see, till then SMP FTW.
usaflag

Symmetric Chaos
crazy

Galan007
As said, wait and see, till then SMP FTW. Hey bud...

SMP isn't in this thread. What the f**k?

masterbruce
Hey bud...

however, 70% of the posts in this thread dealt with SMP stick out tongue

Galan007
however, 70% of the posts in this thread dealt with SMP stick out tongue Yeah, I wonder who started that crap? roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce did it!

evil face

Symmetric Chaos
however, 70% of the posts in this thread dealt with SMP stick out tongue

So now he has . . . *counts* . . . three feats?

masterbruce
So now he has . . . *counts* . . . three feats?

more than TOAA!

Symmetric Chaos
more than TOAA!

Every panel Marvel ever printed is a feat for TOAA

Galan007
more than TOAA! Actually God has been seen on panel defeating Michael and Spectre:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1512/spectre6101fq0.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6717/spectre6102do2.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2651/spectre6103iz7.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4032/spectre6104vw0.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8225/spectre6105bt0.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2961/spectre6106fo2.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4919/spectre6107ct1.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5435/spectre6108qv0.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5574/spectre6109od9.jpg

That alone is FAR more then SMP has ever done big grin

Batman-Prime
Hey bud...

I know my friend, I already replied, with a smart comment if I may add cool.

I felt the need to answer a second Time because of all that SMP hate stick out tongue.

masterbruce
Actually God has been seen on panel defeating Michael and Spectre.

Is there a Superman Prime miniseries coming out?

Batman-Prime
Actually God has been seen on panel defeating Michael and Spectre.

If he crashed down the gates of Heaven, he would have to defeat Michael and the rest of the angels, or even the presence? boxing
And that even before he became SMP.

Just guessing dance.

Galan007
lsd

Batman-Prime
lsd

innocent

masterbruce
If he crashed down the gates of Heaven, he would have to defeat Michael and the rest of the angels, or even the presence? boxing
And that even before he became SMP.

Just guessing dance.

that DOES make sense. I'm not sure why Galan is rolling his eyes.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not sure why Galan is rolling his eyes.

I think he's dead . . .

masterbruce
I think he's dead . . . laughing out loud ok...

Galan007
I think he's dead . . . The forums were just too much for me to handle..... over

stick out tongue

Batman-Prime
over

rip

Symmetric Chaos
over

nuts

Oh wait. I know how to save you, and causality be damned!

galan_metron <-- *goes to save Galan*

masterbruce
The forums were just too much for me to handle..... over

stick out tongue

exactly what did Batman Prime say to put you over the edge? confused

masterbruce
nuts

galan_metron <-- *goes to save Galan* laughing

UniOmni
I will never understand how a guy who's entire rep is built on hyperbole, is somehow comparable to Galactus.

He grants powers beyond any metahuman ever..........

Guess what dipspitz, alot of people fall under the title of Metahuman, or "more than human".

The Guardians are metahumans.
Kryptonians are metahumans.
Angels are metahumans.
Spectre is a metahuman.
The Presence is a metahuman!

Hyperbole is NOTHING to build an argument off of.

Sentry is more powerful than a few supernovas.........i don't hear you guys touting that.

And Batman Prime..................lmao.

Galan007
nuts

galan_metron <-- *goes to save Galan* laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
I will never understand how a guy who's entire rep is built on hyperbole, is somehow comparable to Galactus.

Are we talking Sentry or SMP?

Batman-Prime

He grants powers beyond any metahuman ever..........

Guess what dipspitz, alot of people fall under the title of Metahuman, or "more than human".

The Guardians are metahumans.
Kryptonians are metahumans.
Angels are metahumans.
Spectre is a metahuman.
The Presence is a metahuman!

Hyperbole is NOTHING to build an argument off of.

Sentry is more powerful than a few supernovas.........i don't hear you guys touting that.

And Batman Prime..................lmao.

I was just one example, and Superman 1M pretty much proved some things in this case, anyway, I won't be offended by this personal attack.
cheers

Galan007
exactly what did Batman Prime say to put you over the edge? confused I don't even know what he said.

Both your and his overhyping of SMP, while trying to downgrade characters like Hourman....

It's just too much.

grey fox
I don't even know what he said.

Both your and his overhyping of SMP, while trying to downgrade characters like Hourman....

It's just too much.

To be quite honest it's sad.

Batman-prime can't even understand a simple thing called hyperbole and masterbruce goes around touting incorrect facts like their machine guns.

Batman-Prime
To be quite honest it's sad.

Batman-prime can't even understand a simple thing called hyperbole and masterbruce goes around touting incorrect facts like their machine guns.

I understand the concept of hyperbole very well, my friend. wink

UniOmni
Are we talking Sentry or SMP?

In one case, people disregard the hyperbole surrounding his origin....That being Sentry.

In the other, people tout it as if it holds merit.....Superman Prime and his bestowing power beyond any metahuman ever line.....

Though anything beyond human is technically metahuman.

I remember a thread that was Superman Prime vs Galactus and people kept touting that line, but had nothing to show for it.

Its an empty line, and certainly wasn't substantiated at all in DC1Million.

I'll start taking that line seriously, when people say Sentry has the power of a million exploding sun and mean it.

Tazer

Galan007

Tazer
Yo.

S1M didn't even arrive until Kyle had already formed that barrier.

Kyle couldn't hold it for much longer, so S1M used his power to cement Solaris in that construct, and he did this easily.

right, but all S1M did was BACK HIM UP. Kyles barrier hadnt yet fallen when he fired his FV @ Solaris, so that means it was a combo'd effect.

Had S1M not arrived, Kyle's efforts would have failed, and that was my point.

eventually, sure.

and fine, but thats *not* how yur post reads. just so's ya know....

Hourman /w/ the Worlogog, could easily solo the GLC.

no argument. but there was no stipulation that he had it in this matchup so...... /shrug.

As for the other two..... Well, that's your opinion. smile

fair enuff.

Tazer

Batman-Prime

UniOmni
Tazer from SHC?!

Whats the deal bruh?

Galan007
Originally posted by Tazer
right, but all S1M did was BACK HIM UP. Kyles barrier hadnt yet fallen when he fired his FV @ Solaris, so that means it was a combo'd effect.Kyle knew his construct was failing, and he was about to give up, until S1M arrived and used his FV.
eventually, sure.

and fine, but thats *not* how yur post reads. just so's ya know....Someone on here made a comment that S1M "went crying to Supes Prime to help him".

That clearly wasn't the case as S1M could have extinguished Solaris via FV cementing Kyle's construct.

Point was, S1M didn't show anything which would indicate that he needed help to beat Solaris once his FV was applied. smile

no argument. but there was no stipulation that he had it in this matchup so...... /shrug. Hourman had the Worlogog during the entire 1M series, and even during his own series, he still retained a fraction of it's power, (which would still be enough to defeat the GL's imo).

Tazer
Yo.

Tazer from SHC?!

Whats the deal bruh?

just roaming dude....... big grin

Tazer

masterbruce
Yo.

Tazer

you seem like a good poster.

guy222
Yo.

Tazer

Ok. Have a good one smile

Tazer
Yo.

Kyle knew his construct was failing, and he was about to give up, until S1M arrived and used his FV.

(add the "h" to this) ttp://img131.imageshack.us/img131/8283/dccomics1m4pg14rj3.jpg

Kyle saying "....I dont know if I can keep it together, guys.....Im fraying at the edges....." isnt an admission of his field going, but his saying he doesnt know how much longer he can keep it up.

they ARE 2 diff things.

Someone on here made a comment that S1M "went crying to Supes Prime to help him".

not the point *I* was trying to make however.

That clearly wasn't the case as S1M could have extinguished Solaris via FV cementing Kyle's construct.

Point was, S1M didn't show anything which would indicate that he needed help to beat Solaris once his FV was applied. smile

no proof of that, since all we have is his comment that he could hold Solaris ALONG WITH Kyle but it would apparently take all of his concentration to do so.

theres no proof that his FV was >> or = to Kyle's effort.

Hourman had the Worlogog during the entire 1M series, and even during his own series, he still retained a fraction of it's power, (which would still be enough to defeat the GL's imo).

only IYO; but him having the Worlogog didnt help him much Amazo, and I doubt a fraction of it would do much if anything.

fast-forwarding time in a small area to the next 24hr period *really* wouldnt help him out against current day GLs.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

you seem like a good poster.

thnx for the kind consideration; I shall try to earn it.

/bows

Tazer

guy222
Yo.

thnx for the kind consideration; I shall try to earn it.

/bows

Tazer

will u be joining

Tazer
Yo.

...........???

Tazer

Galan007
(add the "h" to this) ttp://img131.imageshack.us/img131/8283/dccomics1m4pg14rj3.jpg

Kyle saying "....I dont know if I can keep it together, guys.....Im fraying at the edges....." isnt an admission of his field going, but his saying he doesnt know how much longer he can keep it up.

they ARE 2 diff things.You're taking this out of context bro.

I already said S1M simply cemented Kyle Rayner's already present construct.

The reason S1M had to do this is because Kyle couldn't have done it alone, (if he could have, S1M wouldn't have needed to help him) smile

And I never said they were the same thing. confused

theres no proof that his FV was >> or = to Kyle's effort.Only the fact that if S1M wouldn't have showed, Kyle himself said that he couldn't have kept the effort up much longer.

And I never compared these 2 characters constructs. I don't know where you got that from. confused

I doubt a fraction of it would do much if anything. Hourman with a fraction of the Worlogog's power, stopped the Big Bang of a Universe.

So it would do more then you think. smile

masterbruce

The reason S1M had to do this is because Kyle couldn't have done it alone, (if he could have, S1M wouldn't have needed to help him) smile

So by that logic, Prime destroyed Solaris because neither S1M or anyone else could (if they could, they wouldn't have needed Prime's intervention)

Galan007
So by that logic, Prime destroyed Solaris because neither S1M or anyone else could (if they could, they wouldn't have needed Prime's intervention) Nope, S1M even states that him cementing Kyle's construct would burn Solaris out.

He only stopped because what he thought was a K-Nite rocket, was heading towards the Sun, and he thought Prime would be a gonner. smile

Had S1M kept on cementing Kyle's construct, he could have beaten Solaris.

masterbruce
Nope, S1M even states that him cementing Kyle's construct would burn Solaris out.

He only stopped because what he thought was a K-Nite rocket, was heading towards the Sun, and he thought Prime would be a gonner. smile

Had S1M kept on cementing Kyle's construct, he could have beaten Solaris.

so, how does S1M stopping the forcefield help save Prime? Shouldnt he have continued with the forcefield? Unless, he knew only Prime could defeat Solaris.

and didn't they give the GL Ring to Prime specifically for him to use against Solaris because only he could kill Solaris. Or else, why didn't S1M take the ring and do the job? Answer: because he couldn't.

Tazer
Yo.

You're taking this out of context bro.

I already said S1M simply cemented Kyle Rayner's already present construct.

And I never said they were the same thing. confused

that Kyle could OR couldnt hold onto Solaris thru the whole course of it going nova is an arguable point, however theres NO proof that Kyle needed S1M there to help since he DID STILL have Solaris behind that field.

and I made that comparison since it seems as tho U were trying to state FV >>> GL-construct.

Only the fact that if S1M wouldn't have showed, Kyle himself said that he couldn't have kept the effort up much longer.

he never said any such thing.

Hourman with a fraction of the Worlogog's power, stopped the Big Bang of a Universe.

So it would do more then you think. smile

Kyle did the same. and??

and banishing any of them / time shifting them could/can also be reversed.

but they have little to fear from him as it is, since Tyler would be too emo to be of much good in all likelihood. laughing

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

so, how does S1M stopping the forcefield help save Prime? Shouldnt he have continued with the forcefield? Unless, he knew only Prime could defeat Solaris.

he never stopped; if U look @ that page I linkd U'll see him state that he had to remain where he was and it was up to OUR ERA's Supes to stop "the Knight Fragment".

and the next page shows that in fact thats just wat occurs.

and didn't they give the GL Ring to Prime specifically for him to use against Solaris because only he could kill Solaris. Or else, why didn't S1M take the ring and do the job? Answer: because he couldn't.

no, it was all a ploy by J'onn to mask Kyle's ring as a piece of k-rock.

and to that end, SP on did wat he did due to Solaris having spent most of his energies.

Tazer

Galan007
that Kyle could OR couldnt hold onto Solaris thru the whole course of it going nova is an arguable point, however theres NO proof that Kyle needed S1M there to help since he DID STILL have Solaris behind that field. If Kyle COULD have done it alone, S1M WOULD NOT have needed to help him.

S1M having to help Kyle was certainly implied.

You apparently really like Kyle Rayner, and I'm not trying to bad mouth him, or demean his feats.... So if that's what these messages sticking up for his character are about, there's really no need. smile

and I made that comparison since it seems as tho U were trying to state FV >>> GL-construct.I NEVER made any such comparison.

Kyle did the same. and??

and banishing any of them / time shifting them could/can also be reversed.

but they have little to fear from him as it is, since Tyler would be too emo to be of much good in all likelihood. WOW.

You're comparing the power of the Worlogog to Kyle Rayner's GL ring?

You have just taken GL love to a completely different level. eek!

Galan007
so, how does S1M stopping the forcefield help save Prime? Shouldnt he have continued with the forcefield? Unless, he knew only Prime could defeat Solaris. S1M stopped his FV, because he thought a K-Nite rocket just entered the Sun, which would have apparently killed Prime.

We know S1M stopped, because not only was he conversing with Kyle, but also because just before Prime crushed Solaris, it was no longer in a GL construct, or S1M's FV.

So what prevented S1M from beating Solaris by cementing Kyle's construct, was the simple fact that he feared for Prime's life. smile

and didn't they give the GL Ring to Prime specifically for him to use against Solaris because only he could kill Solaris. Or else, why didn't S1M take the ring and do the job? Answer: because he couldn't. Originally posted by Tazer
no, it was all a ploy by J'onn to mask Kyle's ring as a piece of k-rock.

and to that end, SP on did wat he did due to Solaris having spent most of his energies.thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

If Kyle COULD have done it alone, S1M WOULD NOT have needed to help him.

S1M having to help Kyle was certainly implied.

that not necessarily true; S1M was simply providing assistance to a hero who was having a bit of a time holding back a east of an enemy like Solaris.

granted, Kyle didnt do that job as effortlessly as he did the Imperiex -feat, but still its far from Kyle being on his knees and 2 secs from caving under the pressure.

You apparently really like Kyle Rayner, and I'm not trying to bad mouth him, or demean his feats.... So if that's what these messages sticking up for his character are about, there's really no need. smile

me.....a Kyle-fan?!?? HA!!! dbl-HA!!!!

Im an admitted GL-fan, decidedly a John Stewart -booster if *nothing* else, and (lastly) MAKE MINE HAL!!!

big grin

I NEVER made any such comparison.

it certainly did seem like it; but plz accept my apologies if Im mistaken.

WOW.

You're comparing the power of the Worlogog to Kyle Rayner's GL ring?

You have just taken GL love to a completely different level. eek!

all *I* did was compare feats, and THAT feat is something that got matched.

but to be sure, there have been a few time -feats the Rings have done that alot of ppl would be surprised o find out about......

Tazer

Galan007
but still its far from Kyle being on his knees and 2 secs from caving under the pressure.I never made any comment that he was.

But Kyle himself said he couldn't keep holding Solaris, then S1M came and backed him up.

That much is a fact. smile

me.....a Kyle-fan?!?? HA!!! dbl-HA!!!!

Im an admitted GL-fan, decidedly a John Stewart -booster if *nothing* else, and (lastly) MAKE MINE HAL!!!Hal it is! smile

it certainly did seem like it; but plz accept my apologies if Im mistaken.Yeah, I wasn't really saying what you thought I said, so it was a bit of a miscommunication...... But no biggie. smile

but to be sure, there have been a few time -feats the Rings have done that alot of ppl would be surprised o find out about...... I've never seen a feat from any GL, (save perhaps Ion or Parallax), that would rival the full power of the Worlogog. erm

Tazer
Yo.

But Kyle himself said he couldn't keep holding Solaris, then S1M came and backed him up.

That much is a fact. smile

at no point does he ever say that: not being sure of the ability to do something isnt the same as not being able to do it.

Kyle says "I dont know if I can keep it together, guys.....", not "Guys, Im losing it here..." 1 comment displays a problematic stance, whereas the other is more of a slippery stance to the same scenario.

Kyle made that comment using the former.

I've never seen a feat from any GL, (save perhaps Ion or Parallax), that would rival the full power of the Worlogog. erm

well, I can honestly say Ive yet to see it do something I dont think a GL-ring could duplicate, especially since Im not sure we've really seen the FP of the 'gog.

but if U have a feat, then plz share.

Tazer

Galan007
at no point does he ever say that: not being sure of the ability to do something isnt the same as not being able to do it.

Kyle says "I dont know if I can keep it together, guys.....", not "Guys, Im losing it here..." 1 comment displays a problematic stance, whereas the other is more of a slippery stance to the same scenario. hmm

I don't know about that, it seems pretty clear that Kyle needed help...

-Kyle:

"It's bending my head Batman!"
"I don't know if I can keep it together guys, I'm fraying at the edges!"
"I need HELP out here, I'm holding the Sun in my hands!"

-Superman 1M arrives:

"My force-vision will serve to cement your plasma bottle, but my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his supply of Oxygen."

Not only did Kyle apparently need help, but it would seem as though Superman 1M could have beaten Solaris once he applied his force-vision to Kyle's construct:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_kr1.jpg

well, I can honestly say Ive yet to see it do something I dont think a GL-ring could duplicate, especially since Im not sure we've really seen the FP of the 'gog.

but if U have a feat, then plz share. Could ANY GL ring + the Mobius Chair, create an entire Universe and everything in it?

Didn't think so.

But The Worlogog + The Mobius Chair can, and has, on panel.

If you don't believe me, check out my Extant Respect thread, this feat can be found there. smile

Respect Extant

Tazer
Yo.

hmm

I don't know about that, it seems pretty clear that Kyle needed help...

Not only did Kyle apparently need help, but it would seem as though Superman 1M could have beaten Solaris once he applied his force-vision to Kyle's construct:

again I'll re-state: not being sure of the ability to do something isnt the same as not being able to do it.

Im not saying he didnt need help, but that couldve come in the form of a way to more expediently force Solaris to burn up the hydrogen it contained; GLs are good for being very adaptable and making fast changes on the fly.

its a HIGHLY debatable argument if U wanna say his construct wouldve faild b4 the 'bot finished flaring up tho, made even moreso seeing as we only see the strain Kyle had on him, but no apparent weakening of the his constructed "vault".

Could ANY GL ring + the Mobius Chair, create an entire Universe and everything in it?

Didn't think so.

But The Worlogog + The Mobius Chair can, and has, on panel.

If you don't believe me, check out my Extant Respect thread, this feat can be found there. smile

Respect Extant

I cant say yes or no to that, since we've never had an opportunity in-comic to have that idea supported OR shot down.

and seeing as how that was a feat accomplished w/TWO devices, I could quite easily sit here and say swapping either 1 of them out for a GL-ring (since we've seen them twist time, allow travel to basically BOTH ends of the time stream, compression of TREMENDOUSLY LARGE spatial bodies, spontaneous creation & dissolution planetary bodies.....) might achieve the same result.

the most U can say *either way* is its unlikely, but its un-proven.

Tazer

Galan007
again I'll re-state: not being sure of the ability to do something isnt the same as not being able to do it.

Im not saying he didnt need help, but that couldve come in the form of a way to more expediently force Solaris to burn up the hydrogen it contained; GLs are good for being very adaptable and making fast changes on the fly.

its a HIGHLY debatable argument if U wanna say his construct wouldve faild b4 the 'bot finished flaring up tho, made even moreso seeing as we only see the strain Kyle had on him, but no apparent weakening of the his constructed "vault". You conveniently "snipped" out the part where Kyle CLEARLY says he needed HELP.

You're taking this GL love to ridiculous levels.

I cant say yes or no to that, since we've never had an opportunity in-comic to have that idea supported OR shot down.

and seeing as how that was a feat accomplished w/TWO devices, I could quite easily sit here and say swapping either 1 of them out for a GL-ring (since we've seen them twist time, allow travel to basically BOTH ends of the time stream, compression of TREMENDOUSLY LARGE spatial bodies, spontaneous creation & dissolution planetary bodies.....) might achieve the same result.

the most U can say *either way* is its unlikely, but its un-proven. Well considering that NO GL ring has ever shown the ability to create anything close to a Universe, with ANY other objects.... You can't say it can just because you like GL's alot.

And realistically if you are comparing a friggin GL ring to the Worlogog, it would be hard to take you seriously as a debater. erm

Tazer
Yo.

You conveniently "snipped" out the part where Kyle CLEARLY says he needed HELP.

You're taking this GL love to ridiculous levels.

1)I del'd unnecessary txt since I left in the page where it was from; it was a space-saving measure. if I DENIED wat was said, THEN Ud have a point.

but nice try anyway.

2) this isnt about GL-love since Im not here claiming Kyle easily solod Solaris, w/minimal assistance from S1M. YOU however said that S1M could have beaten it on his own, which I find hard to believe seeing as all of *his* concentration was/had to be focused on applying the FV (as stated by him too) on the construct.

Well considering that NO GL ring has ever shown the ability to create anything close to a Universe, with ANY other objects.... You can't say it can just because you like GL's alot.

And realistically if you are comparing a friggin GL ring to the Worlogog, it would be hard to take you seriously as a debater. erm

Im not saying it can, but Im not gonna outright say it CANT, becuz theres no evidence either way to support or deny a ruling. the most either of us can say is "I dont know", especially given the object being discussed.

and seeing as the afformentioned feat U gave was only accomplished IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANOTHER OBJECT OF CONSIDERABLE POWER, I dont know how strong *yur* debating abilities have to be when U cant even recognize that fact.

if U wanna downplay 1 thing against another, thats fine, but then U should put up something that shows it operating by itself, not as part of a combo.

Tazer

Symmetric Chaos
Is't the main limitation of a GL ring it's power source?

I mean, if you can force a huge amount of energy through the ring at one time it would be possible to do basicly anything you can imagine.

Galan007
YOU however said that S1M could have beaten it on his own, which I find hard to believe seeing as all of *his* concentration was/had to be focused on applying the FV (as stated by him too) on the construct. Just because S1M's concentration had to remain on Solaris, doesn't change the fact that he could have beaten it.

Once S1M cemented Kyle's construct, the ONLY thing that made him stop applying FV, (which would have stopped Solaris), was the fact that he thought Prime had just been killed.

but Im not gonna outright say it CANT, becuz theres no evidence either way to support or deny a ruling. the most either of us can say is "I dont know", especially given the object being discussed. no expression

if U wanna downplay 1 thing against another, thats fine, but then U should put up something that shows it operating by itself, not as part of a combo. Hourman had nothing but a TINY FRACTION of a complete Worlogog's power, and this was enough for him to EASILY stop to Big Bang of a Universe, by freezing it in time FOREVER.

Name one occasion where ANY GL ring using a TINY FRACTION of it's power has had a similar feat.

And if any feat(s) you name were accomplished with anything but a FRACTION of a GL ring's power, then they cannot be compared in the slightest. smile

masterbruce
Galan, what you say don't quite make sense to me.

If S1M thought Prime was dead, why did he stop his FV? Shouldn't he in fact make sure he kills Solaris rather than giving Solaris a chance to regroup?

the fact is, S1M knew, along with everyone else, that Prime was their ONLY hope against Solaris. Hence, once he thought Prime was dead, he knew it was pointless to continue his FV as Solaris would soon annihilate them all.

checkmate.

Symmetric Chaos

If S1M thought Prime was dead, why did he stop his FV? Shouldn't he in fact make sure he kills Solaris rather than giving Solaris a chance to regroup?

Maybe he's just as irrational as normal people and allowed emotion to guide his actions.

Soljer

the fact is, S1M knew, along with everyone else, that Prime was their ONLY hope against Solaris. Hence, once he thought Prime was dead, he knew it was pointless to continue his FV as Solaris would soon annihilate them all.

checkmate.

You say checkmate as if you think your post meant anything.

It doesn't. You are talking in speculation. Galan is talking in facts.

Superman 1M stated, ON PANEL, that Solaris would be burnt out.

....What's so hard to understand about that. On panel facts > Speculation.

Period.

I just sunk your battleship.

Soljer
Maybe he's just as irrational as normal people and allowed emotion to guide his actions.

Exactly. Imagine how you would react if your father had just been killed. Now imagine that it's not just a father, but...a king. Almost a god, to you.

You may get a little upset, and forget about the task at hand.

Galan007

checkmate. If you were in a boxing match, and clearly beating your opponent, then all of the sudden he pulled out a gun and fired a bullet directly at your dad's head...... I'm pretty sure a "normal" person's concentration would slip, just to see what happened to their father.

Well the same can be said here.

S1M could have burned out Solaris, but he thought Prime was just killed.

Checkmate? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Checkmate? confused

Knight to A4

masterbruce
nevermind, it was a check, not checkmate.

King Kandy
nevermind, it was a check, not checkmate.
Know YOU'RE the one in checkmate.

Tazer
Yo.

Just because S1M's concentration had to remain on Solaris, doesn't change the fact that he could have beaten it.

Once S1M cemented Kyle's construct, the ONLY thing that made him stop applying FV, (which would have stopped Solaris), was the fact that he thought Prime had just been killed.

look at that pic again & this quote from S1M: "But my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his fury AND his supply of hydrogen."

by that comment, we're led to believe that he had to maintain THAT task, and THAT task ONLY.

now if U wanna put forward that he couldve done something else while maintaining his FV, then fine, but then U also have to admit that Kyle *couldve* held Solaris (problematic as it was) until its supply of was exhausted by himself (seeing as how theres no indication of his construct weakening.)

as I said b4, its a debatable point

Hourman had nothing but a TINY FRACTION of a complete Worlogog's power, and this was enough for him to EASILY stop to Big Bang of a Universe, by freezing it in time FOREVER.

Name one occasion where ANY GL ring using a TINY FRACTION of it's power has had a similar feat.

And if any feat(s) you name were accomplished with anything but a FRACTION of a GL ring's power, then they cannot be compared in the slightest. smile

uhhh, as I recall he had an Else-Men-created-but-still-incomplete 'gog to accomplish that feat; it was FAR MORE than a tiny fraction, when he then gave up to Metron.

perhaps U wanna find another feat?? big grin

Tazer

Galan007
look at that pic again & this quote from S1M: "But my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his fury AND his supply of hydrogen."

by that comment, we're led to believe that he had to maintain THAT task, and THAT task ONLY.

now if U wanna put forward that he couldve done something else while maintaining his FV, then fine, but then U also have to admit that Kyle *couldve* held Solaris (problematic as it was) until its supply of was exhausted by himself (seeing as how theres no indication of his construct weakening.)

as I said b4, its a debatable point It's not debatable in the slightest.

Look again:

hmm

-Kyle:

"It's bending my head Batman!"
"I don't know if I can keep it together guys, I'm fraying at the edges!"
"I need HELP out here, I'm holding the Sun in my hands!"

KYLE NEEDED HELP!

He said so himself.....

Then....

-Superman 1M arrives:

"My force-vision will serve to cement your plasma bottle, but my concentration has to remain on this task until Solaris safely exhausts his supply of Oxygen."

Superman was capable of beating Solaris once the FV was implemented.

How is this even debatable?

uhhh, as I recall he had an Else-Men-created-but-still-incomplete 'gog to accomplish that feat; it was FAR MORE than a tiny fraction, when he then gave up to Metron.

perhaps U wanna find another feat?? Please show us a feat where an incomplete GL ring has done the same... big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>