WM Thor VS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
.......discuss.......

bloodlust on...

Priest
Normal Thor beats him

Soujaboy
Thor under normal circumstances takes the majority against Doomsday. WM Thor hoggs the shit outta DD.

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
.......discuss.......

bloodlust on...

Odinson

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Thor under normal circumstances takes the majority against Doomsday. WM Thor hoggs the shit outta DD.

UM superman Beat's Thor, and Doomsday regulary makes Supers his *****. Doomsday is also resistant to energy attacks. The radiant, one of the most power and best energy manips in comics, couldn't even beat doomsday any more becuz he had evolved past it, so thor's hammer means the big donut. And Doomsday is so fast that he speedblitzed the JLA and superman a few times. Thor is NOT taking Doomsday. Not for the majority. Not unless you mean BFR.

xmeat
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
UM superman Beat's Thor, and Doomsday regulary makes Supers his *****. Doomsday is also resistant to energy attacks. The radiant, one of the most power and best energy manips in comics, couldn't even beat doomsday any more becuz he had evolved past it, so thor's hammer means the big donut. And Doomsday is so fast that he speedblitzed the JLA and superman a few times. Thor is NOT taking Doomsday. Not for the majority. Not unless you mean BFR. well look at you using pathetic crossovers pathetic.
Thor beat mangog and kurse so DD walking all over him will be highely unlikely.

Symmetric Chaos
Won't DD just adapt to everything?

Deathstroke

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
well look at you using pathetic crossovers pathetic.

welcome back

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by xmeat
well look at you using pathetic crossovers pathetic.

RKT beat mangog not thor...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
RKT beat mangog not thor...

Thor defeated him by forcing Mjolnir down his throat and using a antiforce blast.

dvampire
Which DD?

Mindship
I could see WM Thor beating DoS Doomsday, but not the more powerful versions of DD (eg, Hunter/Prey).

guy222
wmt

Knowsbleed33
Depends on the DD.

H/P slaughters.

Juk3n
DD breaks Thor

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindship
I could see WM Thor beating DoS Doomsday, but not the more powerful versions of DD (eg, Hunter/Prey). QFT

bats2jm
Originally posted by Juk3n
DD breaks Thor
What to stop thor from just BFR dd 10 times out of 10

TheGame17
Originally posted by bats2jm
What to stop thor from just BFR dd 10 times out of 10

because Doomsday is just as fast as Superman in speed and reflexes.
Thor wouldnt get passed Gog Wars Doomsday...

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Takion
Originally posted by Soujaboy
^^^Why'd he get banned?

Thor easily.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Takion
^^^Why'd he get banned?

Thor easily.

What happened to the DC character masturbation thing you had going on?

Takion
Originally posted by Enyalus
What happened to the DC character masturbation thing you had going on?
Honestly, The penance stare hits sin right. Isn't that a sin.

Btw

We may not want to talk about it, I have a warning.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Takion
Honestly, The penance stare hits sin right. Isn't that a sin.

Btw

We may not want to talk about it, I have a warning.

Ah, my bad.

In all seriousness, if this is H/P Doomsday, I think he takes it. Beating Darkseid unconscious trumps anything Warrior Madness Thor has done. Otherwise, Goldielocks hammers 'im.

Takion
Ah, my bad.

In all seriousness, if this is H/P Doomsday, I think he takes it. Beating Darkseid unconscious trumps anything Warrior Madness Thor has done. Otherwise, Goldielocks hammers 'im.
If Thor has the Gem, then he wins.

Enyalus
The OP doesn't say that he does. stick out tongue

Takion
The OP doesn't say that he does. stick out tongue
Your an OP no expression

Enyalus
Pfft. Your mom.

TricksterPriest
The problem with Thor vs. DD, is that although Thor can't beat the stronger versions, he's got several BFR options. Granted, some may not work, or are unavailable like temporal BFR, but if he can BFR, he wins the majority. the question is, will Doomsday overwhelm him before he realizes he must BFR?

If he tries to brawl, he's ****ed. Of all his options, brawling is the one thing he can't try.

quanchi112
Ah, my bad.

In all seriousness, if this is H/P Doomsday, I think he takes it. Beating Darkseid unconscious trumps anything Warrior Madness Thor has done. Otherwise, Goldielocks hammers 'im. I disagree. Darkseid although powerful,isnt that strong in hand to hand as others might have you believe. His durability isnt that great either.

Enyalus
Pfft. DD will evolve and become immune to BFR. :P

Yeah, I think he sucks as a brawler. But I'd disagree about his durability. Plus he's more physically strong than Superman. Also, H/P Doomsday took the full force of his OE, so it wasn't like it was only a H2H contest between the two.

quanchi112
Pfft. DD will evolve and become immune to BFR. :P

Yeah, I think he sucks as a brawler. But I'd disagree about his durability. Plus he's more physically strong than Superman. Also, H/P Doomsday took the full force of his OE, so it wasn't like it was only a H2H contest between the two. Doomsday has never shown the ability to resist bfr.

He was bfr'd twice i hunter and prey anyways.

Even if he could resist it for the sake of this thread bfr works.

I disagree on Darkseid being stronger than Superman,and even if he was,that doesnt make him more formidable in a hand to hand battle. Superman takes on foes with his fists and is much better at brawling than Darkseid.

Dark-Jaxx
If Thor doesn't BFR, he is dominated.

Enyalus
I was joking. You didn't see the emoticon? stick out tongue

Red Hulk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Of all his options, brawling is the one thing he can't try. Why not?

quanchi112
I was joking. You didn't see the emoticon? stick out tongue No.

Mighty Saxon
WM thor beats any version

Avlon
DD destroys Thor with utmost ease.

OneDumbG0
Physically speaking, Thor won't beat Doomsdays other than DOS or Rex versions. But Thor can always BFR any and all of the Doomsdays to always win. None of the Doomsdays, even H/P showed a resistance to being temporally or spatially BFR'ed. Which is pretty much what Thor does to most of his "undefeatable foes," i.e. Juggernaut, Destroyer, etc.

Thor 9/10.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Mighty Saxon
WM thor beats any version

Fail.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Fail. If he was speaking in terms of physically, he'd be half-right. If he's talking abotu a battle without restriction, then he is right. Thor BFR'ed a lot of his opponents. Especially those who were "unstoppable." In my opinion, Thor wins this even more because of the odds that an H/P Doomsday would pose. He'd realize the only thing to do would be BFR. And he'd figure that out, right quick.

Thor 9/10.

Knowsbleed33
Until H/P adapts a way to not be BFR'd.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Until H/P adapts a way to not be BFR'd. Which he never.. ever did. He was BFR'ed by a Guardian. BFR'ed by Cybrog Superman I think? BFR'ed by Waverider to the end of time. Retrieved by Braniac and then BFR'ed by the JLA in teleportation tubes. None of the Doomsdays, especially H/P Doomsdays, ever showed a capacity to overcome BFR.

TricksterPriest
WRONG! Waverider did not BFR him. Waverider was killed when he tried it. It was the motherbox that did it via a boomtube, not Waverider.

And temporal BFR is impossible for Thor. Because Immortus removed that power from Mjolnir.

Also, Doomsday has a critical advantage over everyone else Thor has fought. SPEED. He's far faster and he can destroy Thor in CQC. Thor will have to evade and use his versatility, but he has to deal with a level of speed he's never encountered before. Especially since his physical prowess counts for naught.

WM Thor can't win. Regular can. Why? Because WM Thor will not use the hammer to it's utmost. He'll try to slug it out. Ironically, his so-called Warrior Madness instead of being an asset, is the thing that will cost him the match.

OneDumbG0
WRONG! Waverider did not BFR him. Waverider was killed when he tried it. It was the motherbox that did it via a boomtube, not Waverider.

And temporal BFR is impossible for Thor. Because Immortus removed that power from Mjolnir.

Also, Doomsday has a critical advantage over everyone else Thor has fought. SPEED. He's far faster and he can destroy Thor in CQC. Thor will have to evade and use his versatility, but he has to deal with a level of speed he's never encountered before. Especially since his physical prowess counts for naught.

WM Thor can't win. Regular can. Why? Because WM Thor will not use the hammer to it's utmost. He'll try to slug it out. Ironically, his so-called Warrior Madness instead of being an asset, is the thing that will cost him the match. Motherbox. Fine. I'm drunk. Sue me. Doomsday never showed me speed past being acclaimed over Byrne Superman and pre-lightspeed breaking Flash by folks like Booster Gold and Guy Gardner. Whoopie. Thor has dealt with speed from the likes of Hermes, Balder, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc.

Thor from Blood and Thunder did use his hammer. A lot. It's fair to mention that he never BFR'ed during that storyline, but asserting that he would never BFR or would very unlikely BFR is equivalent to asserting that OWAW-sundip Superman would never or would very unlikely use heat vision or TVo or speedblitz or intangibility or freeze-breath, etc. Y'know, which I don't really have a problem doing... as long as the majority of posters recognize that. But I'm pretty sure they won't. Bottom-line is, Thor used BFR against foes he knew he couldn't beat. Thor from Blood and Thunder was trouncing everyone. Had he come up against a foe he knew he couldn't beat, even when mad... it's arguable whether he would likely resort to BFR or not.

Still Thor 9/10.

Red Hulk

WM Thor can't win. Regular can. Why? Because WM Thor will not use the hammer to it's utmost. He'll try to slug it out. Ironically, his so-called Warrior Madness instead of being an asset, is the thing that will cost him the match. So... he was BFR'd? erm

Thor could still BFR after that. He BFR'd Iron Man and Cap with a stamp. He managed to take the Midgard Serpent's head off when he tried to eat him by BFR'ing.

Doomsday's speed only seems to go for his reaction and traveling. He's never completely overwhelmed anyone with speed to my recollection (not on Thor's level anyway).

Didn't WM Thor drop Surfer with like one attack? Didn't Thor crack Celestial armor (s) with swings? Didn't he drop Loki/Odin with two hits? Didn't Thor smash through Perrikus's armor like nothing? Look what he did to Bi-Beast with what looked like one swing (twice), Gladiator, etc.
Thor is probably the best brawler at this level on the heroes side. Not because his strength is overwhelming, but because the kind of power he can put behind Mjolnir is insane.

ToughMind
Originally posted by Red Hulk
So... he was BFR'd? erm

Thor could still BFR after that. He BFR'd Iron Man and Cap with a stamp. He managed to take the Midgard Serpent's head off when he tried to eat him by BFR'ing.

Doomsday's speed only seems to go for his reaction and traveling. He's never completely overwhelmed anyone with speed to my recollection (not on Thor's level anyway).

Didn't WM Thor drop Surfer with like one attack? Didn't Thor crack Celestial armor (s) with swings? Didn't he drop Loki/Odin with two hits? Didn't Thor smash through Perrikus's armor like nothing? Look what he did to Bi-Beast with what looked like one swing (twice), Gladiator, etc.
Thor is probably the best brawler at this level on the heroes side. Not because his strength is overwhelming, but because the kind of power he can put behind Mjolnir is insane.

Doomsday blitzed the whole Justice League in the Death of Superman before they even knew what hit them. Towards the end of the battle, Superman tried to fight as fast as he could and still could not totally keep up with Doomsday's speed. Superman realized at that time, that holding back was no longer an option.

ToughMind
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Motherbox. Fine. I'm drunk. Sue me. Doomsday never showed me speed past being acclaimed over Byrne Superman and pre-lightspeed breaking Flash by folks like Booster Gold and Guy Gardner. Whoopie. Thor has dealt with speed from the likes of Hermes, Balder, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc.

Thor from Blood and Thunder did use his hammer. A lot. It's fair to mention that he never BFR'ed during that storyline, but asserting that he would never BFR or would very unlikely BFR is equivalent to asserting that OWAW-sundip Superman would never or would very unlikely use heat vision or TVo or speedblitz or intangibility or freeze-breath, etc. Y'know, which I don't really have a problem doing... as long as the majority of posters recognize that. But I'm pretty sure they won't. Bottom-line is, Thor used BFR against foes he knew he couldn't beat. Thor from Blood and Thunder was trouncing everyone. Had he come up against a foe he knew he couldn't beat, even when mad... it's arguable whether he would likely resort to BFR or not.

Still Thor 9/10.

You are sord of correct but it does not change the fact that Doomsday was fast as hell in DOS as far as 1993 standards were regarding Superman and Flash. At that time, Superman was faster than Flash.

Avlon
While bfr may sound nice on paper, there are problems with it. First, doomsdays speed and second the fact that Doomsday doesnt stop or slow down to give speeches or boast.

Second, most bfr's on Doomsday have been a team effort of some kind. It's rarely been one on one or easy.

DD stomps Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
While bfr may sound nice on paper, there are problems with it. First, doomsdays speed and second the fact that Doomsday doesnt stop or slow down to give speeches or boast.

Second, most bfr's on Doomsday have been a team effort of some kind. It's rarely been one on one or easy.

DD stomps Thor. Thor bfr's him easily. Darkseid landed the first attack. Same thing here. Thor bfr's him.

Space M ummy

DD stomps Thor.

this isn't "just thor" this is warrior madness thor with the power gem.

Champion one shotted a planet into dust with his fists without even trying to use the gem. a WM thor+ gem is going to hit DD hard enough to kill him, easily.

As for speed, Thor with the hammer has been shown to be able to swing the thing at 2x or 3x lightspeed. This is EASILY several times faster than superman is able to attain, and sufficient to tag even the fastest doomsday without difficulty.

As for BFR- this should be obvious. in the unlikely event that Force sufficient to break through celestial armor and reduce mountains to dust (remember, REGULAR thor hits that hard) somehow can't KO Doomsday, he has an infinite power source to back up his teleportation feats. He doesn't NEED a "team effort" since the power gem has more raw energy than all of DC earth combined.

Thor wins this easily, though without the gem he'd lose the majority.

tsscls
Doomsday as he was originally written takes this. Pussified Doomsday (anything after H/P) gets owned. They should have never used the character after H/P IMO.

Avlon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor bfr's him easily. Darkseid landed the first attack. Same thing here. Thor bfr's him.

Ds has superspeed, used a cheapshot from far away and still lost. Thor gets none oof those advantages. What Red hulk did to thor..DD did to ww while fighting the rest of the league easily.

DD for an easy majority.

quanchi112
Ds has superspeed, used a cheapshot from far away and still lost. Thor gets none oof those advantages. What Red hulk did to thor..DD did to ww while fighting the rest of the league easily.

DD for an easy majority. When did Darkseid use superspeed in this arc? Yes,darkseid lost but the point is he got the first attack in before Doomsday had time to close the gap. Then Ds foolishly thought he was defeated when Doomsday attacked Darkseid from behind.

What does Red Hulk have to do with Thor here? On kmc these characters fight to the best of their abilities and that means an easy bfr victory.

Avlon
When did Darkseid use superspeed in this arc? Yes,darkseid lost but the point is he got the first attack in before Doomsday had time to close the gap. Then Ds foolishly thought he was defeated when Doomsday attacked Darkseid from behind.

What does Red Hulk have to do with Thor here? On kmc these characters fight to the best of their abilities and that means an easy bfr victory.

Exactly......to the best of their ability. I noticed you are skirting around the fact that DS got a long distance cheap shot..

Thor isnt getting that...thus he loses horribly.

quanchi112
Exactly......to the best of their ability. I noticed you are skirting around the fact that DS got a long distance cheap shot..

Thor isnt getting that...thus he loses horribly. You do realize the first time Darkseid and Doomsday met that they both stopped and sized each other up. Neither character budged. Doomsday cheapshotted darkseid to beat him anyways. The point is Thor easily bfrs him.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by ToughMind
You are sord of correct but it does not change the fact that Doomsday was fast as hell in DOS as far as 1993 standards were regarding Superman and Flash. At that time, Superman was faster than Flash. EXACTLY. 1993 standards. Superman couldn't break light speed even when flying, neither could Wally West. And the only ones who actually did comment on his speed were Booster Gold and Guy Gardner. Wow. Call the superspeed police. Do you know how many times Hulk has caught people off-guard with his speed? Hell, Northstar and Nova were getting their butts handed to them by an alien because of his speed and Professor Hulk owned him off-panel. You don't see the most rabid of Hulk fanboys claiming he has superspeed.

Please. Fighting Superman, ESPECIALLY Byrne Superman, does not automatically give you superspeed on par with current Superman, etc. The Flashes, Majestic, Hyperion, Gladiator... these jerks have bonified super-speed. Not Doomsday. In any incarnation. Ever. He was never streaking around, he was never pummeling with dozens of fists in a single panel. He was faster than his size suggested. A lot faster. But hardly superspeed faster.

Thor 9/10.

Avlon
You do realize the first time Darkseid and Doomsday met that they both stopped and sized each other up. Neither character budged. Doomsday cheapshotted darkseid to beat him anyways. The point is Thor easily bfrs him.

That is thousands of years before death of superman and hunter/prey and has nothing to do with anything since there was no battle.

Nice try at misrepresenting the facts.

DD for the win.

quanchi112
That is thousands of years before death of superman and hunter/prey and has nothing to do with anything since there was no battle.

Nice try at misrepresenting the facts.

DD for the win. Ok, if you want to ignore other instances of Doomsday thats fine by me. Lets focus solely on hunter and prey.

Lets have a look see at some scans.

Another character lands the first blow.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-08.jpg

And look how easily he breaks free.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-09.jpg

Now we have Superman confronting him. Doomsday turns away. He knows he can beat Superman and he lets him get the first blow as well.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-15.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-16.jpg

quanchi112
Continued.

Superman rains more attacks over Doomsday here.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-17.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HaCsAHunter-Prey-03-18.jpg

The point of all of these scans are to show that Doomsday is being greatly exaggerated here. This is a weaker Superman with a motherbox amp here. Doomsday only quickly defeated Darkseid. This partly was because of the cheap shot he landed on Ds from behind. These other characters were able to counter Doomsday. As would Thor even if he wasnt able to land the first strike. I even showed you scans of Doomsday ignoring Superman because he knew he wasnt a threat. He coul dhave the same approach when battling Thor. He is no where near as relentless as some people claim him to be.

Thor bfr's him easily.

Avlon
Continued.

The point of all of these scans are to show that Doomsday is being greatly exaggerated here. This is a weaker Superman with a motherbox amp here. Doomsday only quickly defeated Darkseid. This partly was because of the cheap shot he landed on Ds from behind. These other characters were able to counter Doomsday. As would Thor even if he wasnt able to land the first strike. I even showed you scans of Doomsday ignoring Superman because he knew he wasnt a threat. He coul dhave the same approach when battling Thor. He is no where near as relentless as some people claim him to be.

Thor bfr's him easily.

So scans showing the Radiant (who gets horribly owned) and amped Superman (who Thor is nowhere as fast as) are supposed to prove your case?

Funny, considering it took Superman, Waverider, and a motherbox to BFR Doomsday. I like how you leave details out...

How about you show some scansof the current Thor, who has done more brawling than anything else?

DD for the win.

quanchi112
So scans showing the Radiant (who gets horribly owned) and amped Superman (who Thor is nowhere as fast as) are supposed to prove your case?

Funny, considering it took Superman, Waverider, and a motherbox to BFR Doomsday. I like how you leave details out...

How about you show some scansof the current Thor, who has done more brawling than anything else?

DD for the win. Doomsday was also bfr'd earlier in that story.

But, I didnt say that Thor would beat him up physically only that hed have more than enough time to bfr Doomsday. Radion and Superman both landed in plenty of attacks before Doomsday countered. Radion even easily broke free from Doomsday's grasp. He easily bfr's him.

Again you are trying to downplay Thor. Thor fights to the best of his abilities and bfr's him.

Galan007
then came the part where dd slaughtered radiant by literally cancelling out his energy. same type of thing happened to waverider when he tried using a temporal type of attack on dd.

Avlon
Doomsday was also bfr'd earlier in that story.

Sure, by a combination of Superman distracting him and Desaad opening a Boomtube behind Doomsday.

But, I didnt say that Thor would beat him up physically only that hed have more than enough time to bfr Doomsday. Radion and Superman both landed in plenty of attacks before Doomsday countered. Radion even easily broke free from Doomsday's grasp. He easily bfr's him.

Never said you did. Superman and Radient also got pwned..and Supes used Superspeed and a combination of attacks. Thor is still by far slower than Doomsday..and as you even mentioned that they are fighting at the best of their ability...

How many fights do you see Thor starting with BFR...it sure would have come handy against Red Hulk...

Again you are trying to downplay Thor. Thor fights to the best of his abilities and bfr's him.

You said it..best of abilities...DD is far faster, stronger, and more deadly than Thor. He'll be on the floor getting his skull rocked before he even gets a chance to do anything.

DD for the win.

quanchi112
Sure, by a combination of Superman distracting him and Desaad opening a Boomtube behind Doomsday.

Never said you did. Superman and Radient also got pwned..and Supes used Superspeed and a combination of attacks. Thor is still by far slower than Doomsday..and as you even mentioned that they are fighting at the best of their ability...

How many fights do you see Thor starting with BFR...it sure would have come handy against Red Hulk...

You said it..best of abilities...DD is far faster, stronger, and more deadly than Thor. He'll be on the floor getting his skull rocked before he even gets a chance to do anything.

DD for the win. Point is he was bfr'd twice in that story. In a forum battle Darkseid doesnt have to fight him and can easily bfr him. He didnt do so in the comic,but we know he obviously can in a forum battle.

Yes,Thor has lost battles before without bfring someone. Doomsday also didnt use any superspeed in this story so why does he get it? You ignored any other Doomsday example outside this story so why are you allowed to use superspeed here? That coupled with the fact that he didnt use it one time in this story.

When did Supes use superspeed? He flew over him. Thor could fly over him and bfr him. Radion got beat but not before he landed a multitude of attacks. Thor>Radion as well. Superman was injured but after he landed a multitude of attacks as well. This was also a much weaker Superman than the current day Supes.

Thor bfr's him easily. There is no reason to think he doesnt.

Red Hulk
How does having to push someone into a boomtube mean they can't be BFR'd?

Thor's is direct, the boomtube's wasn't.

ToughMind
EXACTLY. 1993 standards. Superman couldn't break light speed even when flying, neither could Wally West. And the only ones who actually did comment on his speed were Booster Gold and Guy Gardner. Wow. Call the superspeed police. Do you know how many times Hulk has caught people off-guard with his speed? Hell, Northstar and Nova were getting their butts handed to them by an alien because of his speed and Professor Hulk owned him off-panel. You don't see the most rabid of Hulk fanboys claiming he has superspeed.

Please. Fighting Superman, ESPECIALLY Byrne Superman, does not automatically give you superspeed on par with current Superman, etc. The Flashes, Majestic, Hyperion, Gladiator... these jerks have bonified super-speed. Not Doomsday. In any incarnation. Ever. He was never streaking around, he was never pummeling with dozens of fists in a single panel. He was faster than his size suggested. A lot faster. But hardly superspeed faster.

Thor 9/10.

Maxima also commented on Doomsday's speed in DOS. Of course I would not think that Doomsday is as fast as Surfer or the current Superman but if DOS were written in today's time, I am pretty sure he would be much much faster than in 1993. Did not Wonderwoman state that Gog Wars Doomsday was extrememly fast as well?

ToughMind
In H/P, Superman was more powerful than before he died at the hands of Doomsday. Then add motherbox and that is one very powerful Superman. This shows you really how powerful Doomsday was.

Doomsday does have speed to be reckoned with. I am not saying he can run the speed of light but I am assuming if you are on earth, you cannot go lightspeed or you risk destroying the planet.

Remember when Doomsday was being created and there were creatures who kept on killing him. These creatures who survived in the harsh environment were said to have something to the effect of formidable speed. I am pretty sure when Doomsday finally evolved to overcome them, he gained their speed as well. It is in Hunter/Prey.

ToughMind
Flash ran at supersonic levels during the time of DOS, so Doomsday pretty much did too. Would WM Thor be too much for DOS Doomsday, I would say so. HP is a different story. No matter how you put it, Doomsday does have superspeed in both running and fighting.

Avlon
Point is he was bfr'd twice in that story. In a forum battle Darkseid doesnt have to fight him and can easily bfr him. He didnt do so in the comic,but we know he obviously can in a forum battle.

Again you ignore the point... It took multiple opponents practically every time and Thor is far slower than Doomsday. He'll be on defensive a lot more than offensive...which is the kiss of death in this battle.

Yes,Thor has lost battles before without bfring someone. Doomsday also didnt use any superspeed in this story so why does he get it? You ignored any other Doomsday example outside this story so why are you allowed to use superspeed here? That coupled with the fact that he didnt use it one time in this story.

The only one ignoring facts is you, and even trying deception wasn't below you. Thor doesn't just go and bfr automatically and even if he did, it's not instant. DD isn't just going to stand there..he's going to pummel Thor.

In DD wars he owned Wonder Woman effortlessly with her own lasso and simultaneously beat the league.

When did Supes use superspeed? He flew over him. Thor could fly over him and bfr him. Radion got beat but not before he landed a multitude of attacks. Thor>Radion as well. Superman was injured but after he landed a multitude of attacks as well. This was also a much weaker Superman than the current day Supes.

Perhaps you mean the Radient? DD barely perceived Radient as a threat. Since this is a vs thread...DD is already aware and could easily cross the space between him and Thor in no time with attacks.

Thor bfr's him easily. There is no reason to think he doesnt.

Sure, if you ignore all the facts, which you tend to do.

fangirl101
DD. The Only one that loses is DOS DD.

OneDumbG0
Flash ran at supersonic levels during the time of DOS, so Doomsday pretty much did too. Would WM Thor be too much for DOS Doomsday, I would say so. HP is a different story. No matter how you put it, Doomsday does have superspeed in both running and fighting. Doomsday never encountered Flash in Death of Superman. The only reason Flash gets tied up in the silly Doomsday-speed-ranking-game is because Booster Gold said so. Doesn't matter. Quicksilver runs at supersonic speed too, Hermes is the god of speed in Marvel as well, even battling Makkari of the Eternals. Thor's dealt with both of them. H/P Doomsday never showed any degree of superspeed beyond their levels.

Doomsday has been BFR'ed a bunch of times, including H/P. The math isn't hard to see. Is it cheap? Yes. But that's not the point of the thread.

quanchi112
Again you ignore the point... It took multiple opponents practically every time and Thor is far slower than Doomsday. He'll be on defensive a lot more than offensive...which is the kiss of death in this battle.

The only one ignoring facts is you, and even trying deception wasn't below you. Thor doesn't just go and bfr automatically and even if he did, it's not instant. DD isn't just going to stand there..he's going to pummel Thor.

In DD wars he owned Wonder Woman effortlessly with her own lasso and simultaneously beat the league.

Perhaps you mean the Radient? DD barely perceived Radient as a threat. Since this is a vs thread...DD is already aware and could easily cross the space between him and Thor in no time with attacks.

Sure, if you ignore all the facts, which you tend to do. Radiant doesnt have superspeed. The point is Thor bfr's him easily and I have proven he will have th eoption based on Doomsday's battles in hunter and prey. You saying he wont use the bfr option is the only card you can play here.

Doomsday failed to pummel Radion,Darkseid,and Superman before they could get in an attack. The only reason he beat Darkseid so quickly is that he attacked Darkseid from behind. Thor coul dfly above him fo rthe ultra easy bfr.

We arent talking about wars Doomsday, we are only using hunter and prey. You cant have it both ways.

DD still attacked Radiant and Radiant easily broke free. He lacked the power t finish Doomsday this time but not before attacking him multiple times.

fangirl101
Doomsday never encountered Flash in Death of Superman. The only reason Flash gets tied up in the silly Doomsday-speed-ranking-game is because Booster Gold said so. Doesn't matter. Quicksilver runs at supersonic speed too, Hermes is the god of speed in Marvel as well, even battling Makkari of the Eternals. Thor's dealt with both of them. H/P Doomsday never showed any degree of superspeed beyond their levels.

Doomsday has been BFR'ed a bunch of times, including H/P. The math isn't hard to see. Is it cheap? Yes. But that's not the point of the thread.
Thor isn't the type to BFR. Especially in warrior madness mode now is he?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by fangirl101
Thor isn't the type to BFR. Especially in warrior madness mode now is he? Thor BFR's. A lot. Probably more than any hero in Marvel actually. And arguing he won't BFR while in warrior madness mode is like arguing that Superman won't use heat vision, intangibility, freeze breath, x-ray vision, etc. while he's sun-dipped. Just because he doesn't do so, doesn't mean he can't or won't.

TricksterPriest
complete difference. Sundip does not induce a known berserker state in Superman. WM Thor is just that, a berserker.

vansonbee
7/10 thor WM

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/8/6/customsig_115286_TC.gif

quanchi112
Thor BFR's. A lot. Probably more than any hero in Marvel actually. And arguing he won't BFR while in warrior madness mode is like arguing that Superman won't use heat vision, intangibility, freeze breath, x-ray vision, etc. while he's sun-dipped. Just because he doesn't do so, doesn't mean he can't or won't. Exactly.

horrorwolf
Continued.

Wow, this certainly seems to brings DD's threat level to new lows...especially against Thor/Superman types. confused

OneDumbG0
complete difference. Sundip does not induce a known berserker state in Superman. WM Thor is just that, a berserker. OWAW sundip Superman had a very tough time controlling the primal emotions and strain induced on his consciousness. It is one of the aspects of Our Worlds At War that impressed me the most. He could barely think rational thoughts until Imperiex made contact with him. If you are referring to Blood and Thunder Thor, you'd be wrong. He wasn't a simple berserker. If you're referring to traditional Warrior Madness, you may have a point. But you'd still need to prove it.

quanchi112
OWAW sundip Superman had a very tough time controlling the primal emotions and strain induced on his consciousness. It is one of the aspects of Our Worlds At War that impressed me the most. He could barely think rational thoughts until Imperiex made contact with him. If you are referring to Blood and Thunder Thor, you'd be wrong. He wasn't a simple berserker. If you're referring to traditional Warrior Madness, you may have a point. But you'd still need to prove it. Most on here are under the false impression that blood and thunder Thor had warrior madness. That simply isnt the case.

horrorwolf
WM Thor takes this.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/106/maguire1bl6.th.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by horrorwolf
WM Thor takes this.

http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maguire1bl6.jpg Go Thor go. Over the top brother.

OneDumbG0
Most on here are under the false impression that blood and thunder Thor had warrior madness. That simply isnt the case. True. But most people don't understand traditional Warrior Madness, much less have seen it. And since that term was used so sparingly throughout Blood and Thunder, before everyone figured out what was truly wrong with Thor, more posters identify WM Thor with B&T Thor then anything else.

quanchi112
True. But most people don't understand traditional Warrior Madness, much less have seen it. And since that term was used so sparingly throughout Blood and Thunder, before everyone figured out what was truly wrong with Thor, more posters identify WM Thor with B&T Thor then anything else. Tis true. Its hard fighting this board myth. Its not just here its on herochat as well. Most posters falsely call blood and thunder Thor,wm Thor.

Avlon
Radiant doesnt have superspeed. The point is Thor bfr's him easily and I have proven he will have th eoption based on Doomsday's battles in hunter and prey. You saying he wont use the bfr option is the only card you can play here.

Actually, you ignoring context is the only option you have here. You put up some half assed scans in an attempt to mislead, attempted to bring up outdated evidence and apparently have completely forgotten that in forum battles Thor doesn't get a head start attack or help as in H/P.

This is laughable as I remember you trying to debate Superman not being able to bfr Hulk despite scans showing him punching people off planet, superior speed, ect.

flip/flop much?

Doomsday failed to pummel Radion,Darkseid,and Superman before they could get in an attack. The only reason he beat Darkseid so quickly is that he attacked Darkseid from behind. Thor coul dfly above him fo rthe ultra easy bfr.

Dude, if you are going to continue debating in broken record style, you should have stayed off the forums like you said you were. This has already been discussed.

Radient was easily beaten, DS saw DD but had no chance to react and was owned in 3 hits before a point blank range OE could do anything, and Superman had help and enhancements.

Thor is dead. His BFR is nowere near as fast as Darkseids OE, nor does he posses anything remotely close to Doomsday's speed.

We arent talking about wars Doomsday, we are only using hunter and prey. You cant have it both ways.

It's the same body. No upgrade was made to it, especially considering that Brainiac is nowhere near the fighter/brawler that DD is. Let's play though. Who did WM Thor BFR and how fast was it done in battle?

DD still attacked Radiant and Radiant easily broke free. He lacked the power t finish Doomsday this time but not before attacking him multiple times.

Radiant is light...and DD destroyed him. Are you really going to try and debate that?

I'll be kind enough to give Thor 2/10 over DD with one being BFR...but it's more likely that he gets whooped.

quanchi112
Actually, you ignoring context is the only option you have here. You put up some half assed scans in an attempt to mislead, attempted to bring up outdated evidence and apparently have completely forgotten that in forum battles Thor doesn't get a head start attack or help as in H/P.

This is laughable as I remember you trying to debate Superman not being able to bfr Hulk despite scans showing him punching people off planet, superior speed, ect.

flip/flop much?

Dude, if you are going to continue debating in broken record style, you should have stayed off the forums like you said you were. This has already been discussed.

Radient was easily beaten, DS saw DD but had no chance to react and was owned in 3 hits before a point blank range OE could do anything, and Superman had help and enhancements.

Thor is dead. His BFR is nowere near as fast as Darkseids OE, nor does he posses anything remotely close to Doomsday's speed.

It's the same body. No upgrade was made to it, especially considering that Brainiac is nowhere near the fighter/brawler that DD is. Let's play though. Who did WM Thor BFR and how fast was it done in battle?

Radiant is light...and DD destroyed him. Are you really going to try and debate that?

I'll be kind enough to give Thor 2/10 over DD with one being BFR...but it's more likely that he gets whooped. No,Im not fliplopping at all. If you cant tell the difference between a Thor bfr and physically picking someone up and throwing them off the planet then I dont know what to tell you. I dont think Superman could bfr Doomsday this way either and since both bfr's are completely different I fail to see your point.

Radiant was beaten but not before he attacked Doomsday. All thor needs is one attack and see ya later Doomsday. If Radiant can surely attack and then break free from Doomsday's grasp then surely Thor can.

It doesnt have to be faster than the oe to hit Doomsday. Thor can fly over his head and bfr him from high above. Its hunter and prey not Doomsday in general,thats the point. Regardless,Thor bfrs him.
If you want to go that route,then when did hp Doomsday use superspeed in this story? Its like using a Superman story and saying he cant use heat vision simply because he didnt in tha particular story. Its ridiculous imo.

We already covered this. The only powerful character Doomsday beat down was Darkseid and that was because his back was turned.

ToughMind
Well after Superman attacked Doomsday in H/P with a sword, I believe that Doomsday took Superman's sword and Superman said that Doomsday was on top on him before he even knew it. Or when Doomsday's claws went into Superman's shoulder while Superman was in the air. Why did not Superman dodge it when he could have?

I think the writers did a worse job showing Doomsday's speed in H/P than in DOS. I think the fight scenes could have been better. I mean if the Flash was running mach 4 or 5 in the DOS era, then Doomsday was probably a little bit more faster than that at the time, even though the comic said that doomsday jumped in the air at half the speed of sound. The best example of Doomsday's speed was when he blitzed the whole Justice League while they were looking straight at him after firing their energy at him.

When Doomsday fought Darkseid, Darkseid should have had time to turn around and blast Doomsday again but I still think that Doomsday ran towards him faster than he could react. Darkseid did not even have time to use him beams again after getting beat up by Doomsday even after he tried.

I do not know how well Doomsday would fight WM Thor, but I still believe that H/P would give him problems.

OneDumbG0
Well after Superman attacked Doomsday in H/P with a sword, I believe that Doomsday took Superman's sword and Superman said that Doomsday was on top on him before he even knew it. Or when Doomsday's claws went into Superman's shoulder while Superman was in the air. Why did not Superman dodge it when he could have?

I think the writers did a worse job showing Doomsday's speed in H/P than in DOS. I think the fight scenes could have been better. I mean if the Flash was running mach 4 or 5 in the DOS era, then Doomsday was probably a little bit more faster than that at the time, even though the comic said that doomsday jumped in the air at half the speed of sound. The best example of Doomsday's speed was when he blitzed the whole Justice League while they were looking straight at him after firing their energy at him.You're still taking an excited utterance from Booster Gold as the complete basis of your argument. No. The art doesn't portray any version of Doomsday with anythign close to superspeed. Captain America has blitzed through people who are looking straight at him. It doesn't mean anything. And Doomsday came out and blitzed them when they couldn't even see him because of their combined blasts.
When Doomsday fought Darkseid, Darkseid should have had time to turn around and blast Doomsday again but I still think that Doomsday ran towards him faster than he could react. Darkseid did not even have time to use him beams again after getting beat up by Doomsday even after he tried.

I do not know how well Doomsday would fight WM Thor, but I still believe that H/P would give him problems. Well... when you get ambushed from behind and are still expressing complete befuddlement at how his opponent survived the Omega Effect, and you've got bony protrusions tearing through your back, I don't find it odd that he wasn't able to mount a counter-attack. Sure H/P would give him problems, but that's from his durability, strength and evolving abilities. Not from his exagerrated mythical super-speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.