some KOTOR questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
which charcter for blaster use is better, HK-47 or Candourous. and whatis the best blaster overall? this is for KOTOR 1.

zephiel7
The best blaster user is Carth.

Since that wasn't your question though, HK-47. IIRC Mandalore starts out with a comparitively lower dexterity, he's better of using vibroblades while boosting strength, IMHO.

Riverollv
why did you ask? i mean, you could simply use Jedi companions.

S_W_LeGenD
NOTE: Minor Spoilers Warning.

Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
which charcter for blaster use is better, HK-47 or Candourous. and whatis the best blaster overall? this is for KOTOR 1.
Hint: high-light the white parts of the text below.

Regarding Characters:

Canderous starts with following stats:

- Strength: 14
- Dexterity: 12
- Constitution: 14

And HK-47 starts with following stats:

- Strength: 16
- Dexterity: 14
- Constitution: 10

So starting stats of HK-47 are ideal for blaster weapons as well. Just increase the Dexterity level of HK-47 to 16 during the game and your character will become nicely balanced.

Regarding Weapons:

The "Ordo's Repeating Blaster" is one of the best weapons in the game though. Use it and upgrade it with all 4 required components.

However the most deadly blaster weapon is "Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster". It has very nice starting damage points and can be upgraded.

As for the pure blaster rifles: "Mandalorian Assault Rifle" and "Baragwin Disruptor X Weapon" are among the best.

Also arm the HK-47 with "(Upgraded) Ordo's Repeating Blaster" and you will have a fine blaster weapon user at your disposal.

I will recommend HK-47 for blaster use.

General G
Originally posted by zephiel7
The best blaster user is Carth.

Since that wasn't your question though, HK-47. IIRC Mandalore starts out with a comparitively lower dexterity, he's better of using vibroblades while boosting strength, IMHO.

Carth was so bad!

Null ARC Avis
wait, so i caarth good or bad? and also, what is the difference between pistols, rifles, and heavy blasters, not specific blasters, butthe catagories in general?

General G
In my games Carth was always pretty bad, HK and Canderous were always the people of choice for blasters for me.

S_W_LeGenD
wait, so i caarth good or bad? and also, what is the difference between pistols, rifles, and heavy blasters, not specific blasters, butthe catagories in general?
Carth is good too. He is good at defending/dodging the attacks of enemies because his Dexterity is high from the start.

Regarding Weapons!

Blaster Pistols:

Blaster Pistols fall in the category of Light Arms and are the most commonly used ranged weapons in Star Wars. They have low target range and low damage inflicting capability.

These weapons require "Weapon Proficiency -Blaster Pistols" Feat in KOTOR before use.

Blaster Rifles:

Blaster Rifles are more powerful then standard Blaster Rifles and are favored by soldiers for use in wars. These weapons have higher target range and can inflict more damage then Blaster Pistols.

These weapons require "Weapon Proficiency - Blaster Rifles" Feat in KOTOR before use.

Heavy Weapons:

The most powerful and deadly weapons among all available Fire-Arms fall in the category of Heavy Weapons. These weapons have very high target range capability and rate of fire and can inflict massive damage on enemies. These weapons can slow down speed of a character. These weapons are effective against heavily armored enemies.

And these weapons require "Weapon Proficiency - Heavy Weapons" Feat in KOTOR before use.

Null ARC Avis
what is thebest pistol in the game? Cassus Fett's? or sauls sith assasin pistol... would they be good with Canderous?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Riverollv
why did you ask? i mean, you could simply use Jedi companions.

Jedi are so dull though roll eyes (sarcastic)

S_W_LeGenD
what is thebest pistol in the game? Cassus Fett's? or sauls sith assasin pistol... would they be good with Canderous?
Cassus Fett's pistol has damage capability of 4 - 11. It can be upgraded as well.

Saul's Sith Assassin has damage capability of 6 - 9. It cannot be upgraded but it has some nice attack modifiers. And you get it for free from Saul's body.

It is hard to decide that which one of these two weapons is better. Saul's Sith Assassin Pistol seems to be better option because you get it for free and it has some nice stats.

Though you can equip Canderous with both these pistols and both of these weapons are highly effective in combat and will give Canderous some edge in combat over opponents. Just concentrate on increasing Canderous's Dex to 15 or 16 at-least during the game, if you are using him.

Riverollv
Exactly, rather than choosing one you could justuse both

jollyjim311
Umm..

Give Canderous no weapons and no armor, have him be butt-nekkid and pretend he's a tattooed heroin addict with 8 inch pectorals who punches dark jedi to death.

And if you're worried about not being matagame and things being harder, you should be able to breeze through pretty much any enemies in that game, anyway.

Captain REX
Canderous' repeating blaster is turning out nicely, with each upgrade I give it...

I've currently got HK47 hooked up with a Zabrak Battle Cannon from Manaan. Hoorah money!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.