Superman/Silver Surfer/Quasar vs Gladiator/Thor/GL Kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Both teams get 2 hours prep.

Bloodlust.

Discuss.

BobbyD
At first glance, all I can say is wow...nice matchup.

Team 1 has a speed advantage though-not great, but enough to be a factor, and with prep they'll use it.

Bentley
Prep time, Supes gets fed with sunlight by the Surfer, Quasar constructs so he is not drained, team 1 wins.

Soljer
I'm thinking team 1....

But it is definitely a good fight. erm.

Superboy Prime
Would Kyle be able to boost Gladiator's confidence with his ring? Or how about willing Thor to enter the Warrior Madness? After all anything is possible with the PR as long as Kyle's got enough imagination & confidence.

Just some thoughts.

Soljer
Very good point. But I think a sun-dipped Superman would be more threatening than a full confidence gladiator.

Not to mention the fact that Quasar can instantly create INCREDIBLE shields for the trio. They'd definitely last against Warrior Madness Thor....

TricksterPriest
IMO, this fight really hinges on who's got the better imagination, Quasar or Kyle. It's unfortunate that Glads is on team 2, and not someone tougher, because Superman is way over Glads and that may doom team 2. but like I said, Kyle can potentially tip the scales, because I'm pretty sure he's more creative than Quasar. He is a cartoonist after all. stick out tongue Btw, the quantum bands can't block certain kinds of energy, is the power ring on that list?

HigH ScholaR
good match though i think tema 1 may take this

though personally i see glads physically better than team 1 characters apart from durabilty.

guy222
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

Bloodlust.

Discuss.

Team Two

Bouboumaster
WM Thor... could he beat a Bloodlust Surfer?

'Cause we have seen what a bloodlust ss could do to Gladiator

Validus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
IMO, this fight really hinges on who's got the better imagination, Quasar or Kyle.
Team 2 wins.

Priest
team 2 fo the win
Glads>superman
Thor=Surfer
Kyle>Quasar

Bentley
Come on, really? This is basically Kyle against Surfer and Quasar since sundipped Supes is a brick among bricks.

A GL cannot take Quasar and Norrin at the same time, let alone Kyle.

Priest
Originally posted by Bentley
Come on, really? This is basically Kyle against Surfer and Quasar since sundipped Supes is a brick among bricks.

A GL cannot take Quasar and Norrin at the same time, let alone Kyle.
Thor can take on Surfer

Soljer
Superman > Gladiator.

Surfer > Thor.

Quasar < Kyle.

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
team 2 fo the win
Glads>superman
Thor=Surfer
Kyle>Quasar

Glads isn't touching Supes at his best.

ESPECIALLY if he's sundipped.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123

Wrong.

Priest
Originally posted by batdude123

he can certainly do more than touch Superman at normal levels.

But i dident see the prep, 2 hours of Sundipped Superman >Glads.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Wrong.

lol

UniOmni
I don't get this forum misconception about Gladiator being a weakass Superman clone.

He IS a Superman clone obviously, but he's definitely not a weak one.

He'd match up really well against Superman, but Thor holds the edge against Surfer due to his rampant energy absorbtion.

Quasar vs Kyle is a good match, since Quasar's an underrated beast, as is Kyle, but its ehhh.

If Thor can put down Surfer before the other matches are decided, Team Two wins.
Superman facing down Gladiator only to be hit with a charged hammer, is lights out for the alien.

Quasar is good, but he's not that good.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
I don't get this forum misconception about Gladiator being a weakass Superman clone.
Likely because his best stuff was 30 years ago which is what some people like to put Darkseid down for but I digress.

UniOmni
Am i going to have to own you Vally?

Am I?!

You did it buster!

Firstly, Gladiator's worst showing actually came from decades ago.

In one of his earliest appearances he stalemated Colossus, with a tiny degree of superiority to the alien.

Since then, he's lost confidence to Cannonball, who merely used his powers and returned the kinetic force he'd absorbed, and didn't put Glads in any danger regardless, iirc.

And he went to war with Ego, the same sentient planet who fought Celestials, Galactus and other cosmic entities.

And looked decent against Susan Storm Richards who had the Captain Universe powerset amping her own.

And beat down a Thor clone using his speed, in a speedblitz of sorts.

He's also hung out in suns,(or so i heard), and has ripped planets/suns(?) apart.
And he's crossed galaxies extremely fast and under his own power.

He's a match for Majestic in the brute category, and would likely stalemate Superman at decent levels of confidence.

OwneD@!@@@@!

DC gives StanLEE rimjobs!@@#And sucks Choadie@@

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Am i going to have to own you Vally?

Am I?!

You did it buster!

Firstly, Gladiator's worst showing actually came from decades ago.

In one of his earliest appearances he stalemated Colossus, with a tiny degree of superiority to the alien.

Since then, he's lost confidence to Cannonball, who merely used his powers and returned the kinetic force he'd absorbed, and didn't put Glads in any danger regardless, iirc.

And he went to war with Ego, the same sentient planet who fought Celestials, Galactus and other cosmic entities.

And looked decent against Susan Storm Richards who had the Captain Universe powerset amping her own.

And beat down a Thor clone using his speed, in a speedblitz of sorts.

He's also hung out in suns,(or so i heard), and has ripped planets/suns(?) apart.
And he's crossed galaxies extremely fast and under his own power.

He's a match for Majestic in the brute category, and would likely stalemate Superman at decent levels of confidence.

OwneD@!@@@@!

DC gives StanLEE rimjobs!@@#And sucks Choadie@@
Half the stuff you listed was well over a decade ago, some even longer. confused

UniOmni
See fanboy, i walk away but the taunts keep me coming back.

Momma never taught me to be the bigger man!

Gladiator appears how many times, in relation to the main forumstars??

I mean, damn man!

Aren't you a fan of Validus??

Validus
I'm a fan of the Fatal Five. Validus is just a cool name.

I understand the amount of appearance issue but still, a lot of the stuff Marvel zealots like to cite as a reason for him being above Superman are examples from 20 years ago (punching apart that planet, star diving, 100x light speed, etc.) The same people ride Darkseid into the dirt for not getting the job done against Superman since 2001 despite the fact that he beat him 20 million times before OWAW and I'm not talking about Pre-Crisis.

UniOmni
To be honest though Vally, DC for years has been setting up Darkseid to take a beating one day.

I remember a comic early post crisis, after DS puts Superman through his paces in some scheme, Superman attacks Darkseid, and puts him down.
Darkseid then hits him with the OE, and teleports him back to Earth.

Then you have odd instances where Darkseid hits Superman with the OE tuned to his DNA, and Superman still walks through it, hurt but living.

It was written on the wall from a few decades back.

And i never said that Gladiator would beat or maul Superman.

I merely said, that the guy isn't the jobber the forum makes him out to be.
I know thats kinda hypocritical, since i've been hard on Uxas lately, but the stuff Nvr posts, and the blatant disregarding of what comics themselves show gets my goat.

But listen fanboy; I've got news that'll make your heart freeze and joy die in your christmas this year!

Ice is coming back in BOP!!

SPOILED@!!!

Validus
I'm not saying DS hasn't been brought down a peg or two. Anyone who says he's still at PC or Great Darkness Saga levels is full of it but the guy has still had it all over Superman for most of Post Crisis continuity and he's only lost clean ONCE which was Apokalips Now. To listen to this forum, well, Superman backhands DS and goes home to a steak and bj from Lois likes it just another day on the job.

Now if you really wanted to excite, you could have told me Dream Girl appeared on the last page of JSA #4. I already knew but I would have feigned ignorance. smile

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
Very good point. But I think a sun-dipped Superman would be more threatening than a full confidence gladiator.

Not to mention the fact that Quasar can instantly create INCREDIBLE shields for the trio. They'd definitely last against Warrior Madness Thor....

This is how Masterson does against Quasar's incredible shields. The ones that are supposedly able to hold off WM Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsQuasar3.jpg

Soujaboy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
IMO, this fight really hinges on who's got the better imagination, Quasar or Kyle. It's unfortunate that Glads is on team 2, and not someone tougher, because Superman is way over Glads and that may doom team 2. but like I said, Kyle can potentially tip the scales, because I'm pretty sure he's more creative than Quasar. He is a cartoonist after all. stick out tongue Btw, the quantum bands can't block certain kinds of energy, is the power ring on that list?

Wrong on nearly every point. You act as if Glads is some weak *****, while the complete opposite has been shown in his comic appearances. Superman being "way" over Glads is baseless and untrue.

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy
This is how Masterson does against Quasar's incredible shields. The ones that are supposedly able to hold off WM Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsQuasar3.jpg

Yeah, he can make them of various strengths.

Check the ones that kept Galactus at bay. doped

Superboy Prime
I still think 2 hours of prep with Kyle's imagination will be a huge factor in this fight.

However a 2 hours sundipped Superman will be the strongest, fastest, more durable opponent here...

As someone stated earlier Team 1 holds the speed advantage, but I believe Team 2 has the versatility advantage.

Undecided on which team will get a decisive victory.

Superboy Prime
BUMP

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
WM Thor... could he beat a Bloodlust Surfer?

'Cause we have seen what a bloodlust ss could do to Gladiator

and we've also seen wat a bloodlusted Thor can do to SS.

Tazer

hush
Sundipped or no Sundipped superman>>>>Glads
Surfer >>>>> Thor
Quasar<<< Kyle GL

Surfer and superman>>>>>>>>>>Kyle GL

Team1 FTW

Ethereal
If it went this way.

Fully Confident Glads > Supes

Sun Dipped Supes > Fully Confident Glads

GL Kyle w/prep > Quasar w/prep

Thor w/prep = SS w/Prep, with a slight lean towards Thor.

Sun dipped Supes vs GL Kyle w/prep? a lean to sun dipped supes, I cant be sure though. Whoever wins outta those 2 helps Thor or Surfer. But if Thor wins, he helps Kyle...bah.

lol, I'm split for the most part. But leaning towards team 2.

geshien
isn't supes still vulnerable to magic? if so, thor's hammer would do some damage, would it not?

either way, very close fight. i see it going either way. but i give the slight edge to team one.

superman is above gladiator imo.

silver surfer i think would win the majority against thor but, not by much.

and i think kyle can take quasar.

with the first two succeding, they then come face to face with the GL, and take the W.

basilisk
They break off into separate fights:
Quasar vs GL: fairly even and no quick win here, this could go a while.
Superman vs Thor: no quick win here unless it goes like the JLA/Avengers fight.
SS vs Gladiator: SS immediately uses Gladiator's radiation weakness (which he has been shown on panel to know about) to knock Glads out of the fight for an instant win.

Then either:
SS and Quasar double team Kyle and take him out while Supes/Thor are still going.
Then SS, Superman & Quasar take down Thor.

Or maybe...
SS and Superman double team Thor and take him out while Quasar/Kyle are still going.
Then SS, Superman & Quasar take down Kyle.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by geshien
isn't supes still vulnerable to magic? if so, thor's hammer would do some damage, would it not?

not unless getting hit by Mjolnir counts as getting hit by magic, and not a "small, dense object thrown by a very strong person".

I lean toward the 2nd option, seeing how much dmg he DIDNT suffer in JLA/Avengers

Tazer

Superboy Prime
LoL@"small, dense object thrown by a very strong person"

I have a question regarding Green Lanterns. I think I read somewhere in this forum that Hal Jordan was able to duplicate Kryptonite with his ring. Is this true, and if it is, could Kyle do the same?

Tazer
Yo.

Kyle couldnt, but the GLC-style rings could.

Tazer

james2099
team 2 wins. gladiator would kill superman, thor would kill SS. KYLE KILLS QUASAR.. with 2 hours prep? supes would be stronger if he sundips, gladiator would be unstoppable and tear supes head off if kyle uses his ring to boost glads confidence. thors has beaten the SS without letting him have it with the full force of his hammer, SS does not have more power than thors hammer.. just because people like someone better than someone else they say that they would win... check facts first before you decide who wins.. team 2 has way more power and fighting exp. and speaking of speed i have never seen SS hit 100 times light speed.

llagrok
If they manage to really get up Gladiator's confidence, then there's no limit to how strong he can become. Thor is the odinson and well, Kyle's no lightweigth either.

BobbyD
The one thing I love about most of these threads that I find ridiculous and funny is that people tend to matchup the characters to justify their argument. That's fine and dandy, but it never would ensure how the battle would definitely go. It's just one scenario, people!? roll eyes (sarcastic)

One must look at really who is the weakest character here period. And when there isn't one, then one must look at least versatile, and then say to themselves considering the odds that this character will bow out quickly based on skill sets we will have a 3-2, and then your outcome starts to unfold...

Soljer
Originally posted by BobbyD
The one thing I love about most of these threads that I find ridiculous and funny is that people tend to matchup the characters to justify their argument. That's fine and dandy, but it never would ensure how the battle would definitely go. It's just one scenario, people!? roll eyes (sarcastic)

One must look at really who is the weakest character here period. And when there isn't one, then one must look at least versatile, and then say to themselves considering the odds that this character will bow out quickly based on skill sets we will have a 3-2, and then your outcome starts to unfold...

Then do it the easy way:

Superman versus

Gladiator - Superman
Thor - Thor, but just barely.
Kyle - Kyle.

Silver Surfer versus

Gladiator - Surfer
Thor - Surfer
Kyle - Draw

Quasar versus

Gladiator - Quasar
Thor - Quasar
Kyle - Kyle

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by llagrok
If they manage to really get up Gladiator's confidence, then there's no limit to how strong he can become. Thor is the odinson and well, Kyle's no lightweigth either.

sorry, but Glads is NO Hulk. he doesnt have "dynamic STR".

Tazer

Superboy Prime
Hey Tazer, will you please elaborate on why Kyle can't duplicate kryptonite with his ring, but the GLC rings can? What's the difference between Kyle's ring & the GLC's rings? Granted I'm not up to par with GL history nowadays, but I thought the only difference was that Kyle's ring was not affected by the yellow color, and even that's no longer a difference seeing how the whole Paralax thing was retconned to be the source of the yellow weakness, which only bothers rookies nowadays. Alan Scott's ring was also different, with it's wood weakness, but I guess that's out of topic.

So please, clear my confusion, mate.

pr1983

Bloodlust.

Discuss.

Nice match...

Superman and Surfer on the same team though? got to hand it to team 1... a hard fought battle, but i think team 1 has the advantage...

Tazer
Yo.

Hey Tazer, will you please elaborate on why Kyle can't duplicate kryptonite with his ring, but the GLC rings can?

2 things: 1) did any1 in this thread say that?? or did *I* ever say that?? cuz if so then theres a HUGE mistake somewhere......

2) Kyle's ring imitating kryptonite (for as long as it did) was 1 of the plot points of DC 1 Million

What's the difference between Kyle's ring & the GLC's rings? Granted I'm not up to par with GL history nowadays, but I thought the only difference was that Kyle's ring was not affected by the yellow color, and even that's no longer a difference seeing how the whole Paralax thing was retconned to be the source of the yellow weakness, which only bothers rookies nowadays. Alan Scott's ring was also different, with it's wood weakness, but I guess that's out of topic.

So please, clear my confusion, mate.

well, right now Id say the only diff between Kyles rings and the new GLC-rings would be that Kyles is now a part of his being........

other than that, theres not much else to say. I'll answer anything else U wanna ask tho.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

meh, repost.

Tazer

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
Then do it the easy way:

Superman versus

Gladiator - Superman
Thor - Thor, but just barely.
Kyle - Kyle.

Silver Surfer versus

Gladiator - Surfer
Thor - Surfer
Kyle - Draw

Quasar versus

Gladiator - Quasar
Thor - Quasar
Kyle - Kyle

You're seriously underestimating Gladiator and overestimating Kyle. Ever heard Gladiator go on about how awesome he is? There's no limit to his confidence and there's no limit to his powers.

pr1983
You're seriously underestimating Gladiator and overestimating Kyle. Ever heard Gladiator go on about how awesome he is? There's no limit to his confidence and there's no limit to his powers.

i don't mean to sound bad, but confidence, no matter how much you have, can be a very fickle thing...

Tazer
Yo.

so is it yur position that Glads has a dynamic powerset???

Tazer

Juntai
Gladiator has a couple impressive moments but he is no Superman, who does impressive issue to issue.

llagrok
Originally posted by Juntai
Gladiator has a couple impressive moments but he is no Superman, who does impressive issue to issue.

....What kind of logic is that?

Juntai
....What kind of logic is that? ?

Validus
....What kind of logic is that?
Simple logic.

Gladiator = Impressive
Superman = More Impressive

ZOMG!

Juntai
In just the most recent issue of Superman.. it told a story of Superman taking on a sun eater, that was firing off Red Sun energy at him, and he was taking all the blasts to the chest and flying closer and closer, trying to protect a bomb all the while, as he closed in on the creature.... The red sun exposure got worse and worse as he flew closer to the Sun Eater, it drained away his powers like the morning dew evaporating. With his energy depleted, Superman hurled the bomb into the Sun Eater, then survived the equivelent of 50 supernovas. He didn't even lose consciousness, it only knocked him backwards mometarily before he gathered his bearings and flew out of the blast under his own power.

Gladiator has had a few impressive moments in his time, but Superman trumps him issue to issue.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai

I guess he can't do this all on his own, 'cause he's no.... Superman. smile

james2099
gladiator does have unlimited strength, it is stated that he has near- limitless strength because his confidence has a chance to be shook, confidence although can be shook, has no limit. thats the reason you will hear near-limitless. hulks is not limitless but he will be called that because he gets stronger with madness and his madness has not reached its limit yet, but madness has a limit... superman is more popular than gladiator but he cannot beat him.. superman silver surfer and quasar have been beaten down without bs.. show me one fight that gladiator was in and got his butt kicked without a flaw.. have you people ever noticed that gladiator has never been beaten cleanly? there is always some BS in his way, radiation, hit from behind, double teamed, surfboard from behind, standing over a beaten foe laughing, his confidence, hes sad, not allowed to use his powers, marvel has shown you that every fight he is in he starts kicking ass until the writers have to find a way to MAKE him lose, he is marvels answers to all forms of superman, all he has to do is think he can and he will, but marvel never made him popular like superman because hes too much like superman and dc would call them a copycat, and speaking of quasar and SS, gladiator was beating them both, a giant dog saved quasar and ego the living planet saved SS, did gladiator have help? he never does because marvel knows he does not need it, but his foes do, if not marvel would have to make new heros every week or keep them away from gladiator.

Soljer
One fight where he got his ass handed to him?

Didn't Emma Frost mind-rape the hell out of him?

That was a pretty clean win. shifty .

Tazer
Yo.

and IIRC Masterson-Thor beat his azz pretty bad.

Tazer

james2099
clean win? if i mind-rape a bear would that be a clean win? or if i shot that bear with my 30-06 is that clean? what if i took on that bear hand to hand, what would happen? charles of the x-men can mind-rape the juggernaut but there is no way in hell he can beat him..TRY AGAIN laughing

james2099
MASTERSON THOR? what did hulk tell the real thor? fight me without the hammer..WHAT HAPPENED?...... striking someone from behind and then hitting them with a hammer that powerful is not clean, i remember wonderman beating thor until thor used his hammer, WAIT? wonderman has no hammer!! gladiator beat his butt very quick, gladiator has beaten all kinds of thors until some bs or hammer trick saves their behind..TRY AGAIN.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by james2099
MASTERSON THOR? what did hulk tell the real thor? fight me without the hammer..WHAT HAPPENED?...... striking someone from behind and then hitting them with a hammer that powerful is not clean, i remember wonderman beating thor until thor used his hammer, WAIT? wonderman has no hammer!! gladiator beat his butt very quick, gladiator has beaten all kinds of thors until some bs or hammer trick saves their behind..TRY AGAIN.

dont try to play down Glads losing to M-Thor simply cuz he had Mjolnir; it doesnt work and only illustrates how weak yur argument is.

thats like saying Caps wins thru the years dont count cuz he had a shield, or Black Knight isnt really fighting cuz he had the Ebony Blade. its weak comrade. YOU try again.

Tazer

james2099
weak argument huh? caps shield? black knights blade? thats like giving one boxer a baseball bat at the beginning of a match.. instant DQ.. weapons make a different.. thats why policemen carry weapons, cap without his shield would be long dead,so would black knight, this is not the comic books where the writers decide the outcome.. when a person asks who people think would win in a fight in this thread all of the combatants powers will be used to the max, gladiator and superman are alike, gladiator is stronger and faster,yet marvel ALLOWS him to lose to hulk and thor.. DC dont play that mess with their superman.. he KO both of their asses.... thousands of people have called the hulk/GLADS and thor / glads fights BULL!! why? because like DC they know better... you see, DC did not allow bs to stand in supes way.. so take your weak arguments to the un-schooled..or go to a park an pick a fight with someone that has a baseball bat, now when he knocks your ass out, go ask 1000 people how he won... then go fight him again without that bat.. im sure you will kick his ass.. then ask those same 1000 people how you won.. then have a third fight with the same person and ask those 1000 people to bet on the fight.... now what do you think they will say having seen the other 2 fights? he won only because he hit him with a bat, but when they went at it head up that guy tore his ass up.. do yall kind of get what im trying to teach yall about comicbooks fights? just because someone won in the books does not mean they will win here.. if he can move faster than light and hit hard enough to destroy a planet it will be used here, if he can kill before someone even moves it will be used here.... TRY NO MORE... THERES NO POINT IN ME AURGUING WITH BOOK USERS..

janus77
but whether you like it or not, a lot of these "unfair" advantages define the very character who uses them.

Juggernaut's only a manifestation of the magical power of Cyttorak. he's nothing without his god.
Thor's hammer is a manifestation of the power of Odin and Thor is his son, combined they rep for Asgard. Thor without his hammer is nothing more than a fairly strong bruiser. nothing to distinguish him, show his godliness or even give an inkling of the tremendous mythos he represents.

it's like Batman without the nifty gadgets. he'd be pretty powerful and fairly handy in a battle but, he wouldn't be prominent, he wouldn't capture your attention nor would he be able to play much of a decisive role in proceedings.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by james2099
weak argument huh? caps shield? black knights blade? thats like giving one boxer a baseball bat at the beginning of a match.. instant DQ.. weapons make a different.. thats why policemen carry weapons, cap without his shield would be long dead,so would black knight, this is not the comic books where the writers decide the outcome.. when a person asks who people think would win in a fight in this thread all of the combatants powers will be used to the max, gladiator and superman are alike, gladiator is stronger and faster,yet marvel ALLOWS him to lose to hulk and thor.. DC dont play that mess with their superman.. he KO both of their asses.... thousands of people have called the hulk/GLADS and thor / glads fights BULL!! why? because like DC they know better... you see, DC did not allow bs to stand in supes way.. so take your weak arguments to the un-schooled..or go to a park an pick a fight with someone that has a baseball bat, now when he knocks your ass out, go ask 1000 people how he won... then go fight him again without that bat.. im sure you will kick his ass.. then ask those same 1000 people how you won.. then have a third fight with the same person and ask those 1000 people to bet on the fight.... now what do you think they will say having seen the other 2 fights? he won only because he hit him with a bat, but when they went at it head up that guy tore his ass up.. do yall kind of get what im trying to teach yall about comicbooks fights? just because someone won in the books does not mean they will win here.. if he can move faster than light and hit hard enough to destroy a planet it will be used here, if he can kill before someone even moves it will be used here.... TRY NO MORE... THERES NO POINT IN ME AURGUING WITH BOOK USERS..

with all due respect: this has got to be the WORST argument ever made for just Y "Character X should win" that Ive seen lately........

U went from *trying* to take apart my argument, to *trying* to bolster yurs.......and succeed at neither. instant DQ huh??

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

and going back to my original point: Ive yet to anything show Glads having "near-limitless" STR cuz hes never displayed anything close to it, and didnt he lose a fight against Cannonball?? where was that "NLS" then eh??

Tazer

james2099
when gladiator first confronted the avengers before wonderman went out to try to calm him down what did marvel have the vision say about gladiators strength? near limitless.... you are right when you say that thor needs his hammer to be thor, batman and cap and blackknight all need their weapons to be the characters that they are, but when one fighter is allowed to use all his resources and the other is not thats when i have a problem, certain people are not fit to fight others. in comicbooks fights are determined by who the writers want to win. just like wrestling, but this forum is like boxing.. if you snooze you lose.. why does gladiator not use his speed or strength advantage to fight? whats stopping him from hitting someone in the head at lightspeed and full force?..the writers... if you were thor and they told you that you had to fight either, gladiator, superman, sentry, supreme or the hulk to the death in a desert what would you do? you would pick the hulk because you would not want to die in the sun or get your head knocked off at lightspeed.. 4 of them can fight like DBZ characters, so fast you would not be able to see them, i would pick the hulk and bust his ass open with my hammer or godblast his ass.. the other 4 could take me out before the anouncer say on your mark, get set, go!!.... dead me. really tazer you should at least see that... but who would you choose to fight? you too janus77?

janus77
in this battle, I'd pick Surfer's team. mainly because Surfer would be too fast and versatile for Thor, too powerful for Gladiator or GL and he'd always be able to lend a hand on a close fight - say Superman v Gladiator or Quasar v GLK.

Thor's only a threat in a tussle, or when Surfer allows mjolnir to strike him. neither of these things need to be. they are merely for the necessities of drama and garnering fan/audience approval.

Superboy Prime
IMO a Green Lantern can be a match for the surfer, specially Hal or Kyle, and eventhough Surfer does have a speed advantage over Thor; THor is still shown as his peer as he still holds the better win record and that is something you simply cannot ignore.

Superboy Prime
BUMP.

Bentley
Giving sun energy to Clark and protecting him with constructs still takes this battle everytime.

janus77
sun amping could be a strategy for making superman stronger but seems unnecessary, Surfer could sun amp himself (or star or nebula amp) and be an even greater monster.

Bentley
Yeah, but having Supes to have a huge edge about Thor and to beat Kallark is fundamental to have the edge here. Lets face it, sun-amped Supes will be able to take any one in the other team no questions asked, and it won't stop Quasar and Surfer from being kickast fighters.

llagrok
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

sorry, but Glads is NO Hulk. he doesnt have "dynamic STR".

Tazer

Gladiator punches planets apart.

don't shiv
supes zaps KYLE in the eyes blasting him into the sun in the process
Surfer rewrites Gladiators dna
Quasar and Supes distract Thor long enough for Surfer to write Gladiator out of continuity

Quasar focusses on the hammer Surfer on siphoning the life out of Thor Supes hits him hard.

llagrok
Quasar's dead.

starlock
i will take team one for the win

alot of goods points in the thread, very close battle

Ethereal
Is this the post powerup surfer now that I think about it?

Tazer
Yo.

Gladiator punches planets apart.

as far as I remember, there was some doubt as to whether or not that feat counted as a planet or not.......

Tazer

llagrok
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

as far as I remember, there was some doubt as to whether or not that feat counted as a planet or not.......

Tazer

Bull - shit

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by don't shiv
Surfer rewrites Gladiators dna
Quasar and Supes distract Thor long enough for Surfer to write Gladiator out of continuity

Quasar focusses on the hammer Surfer on siphoning the life out of Thor Supes hits him hard.

Uh...Surfer rewritting Glad's DNA? I think it's granted he can do that on mutants, but Gladiator is not a mutant. Heck we don't even know his true origin. Besides I don't think Glads is just going to stand there and let Surfer do that.

Superboy Prime
Bull - shit

Agreed. He just stood there, and proceeded to punch the planetoid out of existence. No momentum, no energy blasts, just his fits.

Edit: This is classic Surfer.

llagrok
Agreed. He just stood there, and proceeded to punch the planetoid out of existence. No momentum, no energy blasts, just his fits.

Edit: This is classic Surfer.

Nice avatar smile

Avalonofthewind
T-vo and Power cosmic in a smooth creamy blend ftw.

mighty adam
thor would beat quasar in record time well kyle is over here giveing ss the fight of his life most gl can't hange with surfer but hal/kyle can. then thor runs over and him and glads ass rapes supes now you have kyle who is just a lil and i MEAN A LIL below surfer in power, thor plus glads yea its no way in hell surfer can beat them when he can't really even full out best kyle. team two ftw.

llagrok
Superman is left alone, and then overpowered.

janus77
Originally posted by mighty adam
thor would beat quasar in record time well kyle is over here giveing ss the fight of his life most gl can't hange with surfer but hal/kyle can. then thor runs over and him and glads ass rapes supes now you have kyle who is just a lil and i MEAN A LIL below surfer in power, thor plus glads yea its no way in hell surfer can beat them when he can't really even full out best kyle. team two ftw.
not sure on the closeness of Kyle to Surfer. if the GL ring is a battery, Surfer will most likely drain it. the question is, will he be in any state to participate in the battle afterwards... imagine if he drained the ring and then exploded, killing GL and Gladiator in the process... leaving Superman and Quasar to destroy Thor.

or Surfer could simply take Superman and Quasar into the microverse and then penetrate Kyle's defensive construct, penetrate Kyle and kill him and Gladiator from the inside out.

actually, Surfer takes Gladiator in an instant... thereafter, Superman and Quasar fix upon Thor while Surfer takes Kyle. having defeated Kyle, Surfer then goes and helps Superman and Quasar put down Thor for good.

llagrok
I don't think the Surfer can take Gladiator in an instant, there aren't a lot of people who can.

Validus
Originally posted by don't shiv
ermmnone

don't shiv
jla tower of babel Talia Al Ghul blinded Kyle for an easy k.o. Kyle is visually orientated.

Pow! in the eyes. into the sun, & through the pearly gates at the speed of Light.

Phoenix
>>
Phoenix levell mutants/Nate Grey, Cable*, Storm*, Gambit*, Warhulk, Franklin Castle , Thanos, Galactus, Superboy Prime, Odinson
> >
SURFER/heralds, Juggernaught, NinjApocalypse
>>
GLADIATOR

don't shiv
laughing

Superboy Prime
BUMP.

superdur

jmcnasty
I give this to team two. Current thor could take almost anyone on team 1, and could be the most versatile person in this battle(except maybe surfer due to surfers upgrade, dont know how powerful he is yet. I do know that he defeated to galactus like beings himself). Full confident gladiator could be stronger, faster, and more durable then anyone on team one (It was actually STATED in a comic that gladiator was flying 100 times the speed of light and that might wasnt his top speed.) Gladiator has shown also to have planet destroying strength whereas noone else in this battle havent displayed anything close to being moon destroying in a comic (scans would be nice). GL kyle, his name and power speaks for itself, he could match or beat either superman or quasar and we cant forget that gls does have the ability to create kryptonite.

Team 2 7/10

Good battle though.

Mindset
Originally posted by jmcnasty
I give this to team two. Current thor could take almost anyone on team 1, and could be the most versatile person in this battle(except maybe surfer due to surfers upgrade, dont know how powerful he is yet. I do know that he defeated to galactus like beings himself). Full confident gladiator could be stronger, faster, and more durable then anyone on team one (It was actually STATED in a comic that gladiator was flying 100 times the speed of light and that might wasnt his top speed.) Gladiator has shown also to have planet destroying strength whereas noone else in this battle havent displayed anything close to being moon destroying in a comic (scans would be nice). GL kyle, his name and power speaks for itself, he could match or beat either superman or quasar and we cant forget that gls does have the ability to create kryptonite.

Team 2 7/10

Good battle though.

Current Thor could take all of team 1.

He still has the Odinforce shifty

jmcnasty
Originally posted by Mindset
Current Thor could take all of team 1.

He still has the Odinforce shifty

I wont say all of that but again we dont know where surfer powers stand. I dont know if thor could do as good as surfer did against a being that possessed power that rivaled galactus. It was basically a stalemate. I do agree that thor could take the other two, he might have the ability to one shot superman or quasar since he did one shot the destroyer who's durability is>>>>>>>>>>>superman and quasar and both have fallen victim-also one shotted by beings that appears to not even match current thor in strength or power.

Thor problem would be surfer, dont know the outcome. The battle of the two have been going on for decades and both seem to have an advantage over the other. The only thing that we need to decide now is who is the most powerful out of the two. Thor recently did just bring the entire asgardian race back, thats a VERY impressive feat.

quanchi112
Team 1 if it isnt Odinforce Thor.

Superboy Prime
At the time I made the thread it was classic Thor.

How about having an Odinforce thor match and the original match?

Soljer
At the time I made the thread it was classic Thor.

How about having an Odinforce thor match and the original match?

Team two.

Team one.

Respectively.

Zack Fair
Le bump

Omega Vision
T1.

Harbinger
Kallark is the weak link for team two.

carver9
Kallark isn't a weak link. If anything he can beat anyone on team 2 minus Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.