Inter team Tournament Draft round 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Ok, under Batdude's suggestion, we are just gonna go from where we were.

Engineer, Madison Jeffries, Guardian and Mar-vel are all kicked. All the other picks can stay.

Now, let's get cracking. Same caps and limits.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok, under Batdude's suggestion, we are just gonna go from where we were.

Engineer, Madison Jeffries, Guardian and Mar-vel are all kicked. All the other picks can stay.

Now, let's get cracking. Same caps and limits.

So I get Winter and Master Darque?

-FO!!

Blair Wind
no expression

Why is Guardian kicked? I can say whatever to the others, but Guardian has no reason to be kicked out

btw: I suggested it first stick out tongue

leonidas
blink

i could give a dozen very good reasons mar-vell should NOT be tossed out, but whatever. there were (and REMAIN) SEVERAL characters in this event who would beat him 1on1 for a majority.

anyway.

are we then to pick our SECOND rd guy here since we didn't get him?

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

Why is Guardian kicked? I can say whatever to the others, but Guardian has no reason to be kicked out

btw: I suggested it first stick out tongue

The power caps man...... The power caps..........

Heather was the best Guardian.

-FO!!

leonidas
who exactly is running this show . . .? confused

TricksterPriest
Cyborg Guardian is kicked. And you have to prove to me that Heather Hudson Guardian is under the caps. You can also ask Galan and Nataku. You can make repicks for any pick that was kicked here. Flame, you're not in, just leave.

I'm running this show, that's who.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by leonidas
blink

i could give a dozen very good reasons mar-vell should NOT be tossed out, but whatever. there were (and REMAIN) SEVERAL characters in this event who would beat him 1on1 for a majority.

anyway.

are we then to pick our SECOND rd guy here since we didn't get him?

God this is badly orgainsed and Nataku as a judge. The guy says his a cop but he's not exactly a detective more of a defective. He wouldn't know a clue if it came up and said "Hello Nataku I am a clue". He also doesn't like me and as he's a cop it's unlikely he would be able to be objective and look at the evidence objectively. Far more likely I would find myself in the cells naked awaiting the rubber hose. I mean look at his sig. Nope i'm headed for a major "fit up", If I was black you could call me "Rodney King".

sad

-FO!!

TricksterPriest
I'm putting you on ignore sock, now leave the thread. Nataku has credibility on this board apparently, and Digi and others vouch for him.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Flame On!!
God this is badly orgainsed and Nataku as a judge. The guy says his a cop but he's not exactly a detective more of a defective. He wouldn't know a clue if it came up and said "Hello Nataku I am a clue". He also doesn't like me and as he's a cop it's unlikely he would be able to be objective and look at the evidence objectively. Far more likely I would find myself in the cells naked awaiting the rubber hose. I mean look at his sig. Nope i'm headed for a major "fit up", If I was black you could call me "Rodney King".

sad

-FO!!

shocklaugh

Flame On!!
I'm putting you on ignore sock, now leave the thread. Nataku has credibility on this board apparently, and Digi and others vouch for him.

How dare you call me a sock witout evidence....... You're a bit thick and as for Natakus cred laughing

Not really when it comes to comic knowledge........... A bit like you really.

smile

-FO!!

Validus

sad

-FO!!
crylaugh laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Super Skrull is kicked. And Mar-vel is reinstated. please continue and ignore the sock. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TricksterPriest
talked to batdude. Mandarin can use his desintegrator ring, since it's just a beam shot and apparently IM's shields have blocked it.

batdude123
So everyone can basically stick with their picks?

As in: we get Mandarin, Mar-Vell, and Dr. Polaris?

Fine by me, I guess. erm

TricksterPriest
yes, and yes. all picks that weren't kicked can stay.

illadelph12
What?

So wait, is Doctor Light out also? Because Dr. Light = Guardian. They both have control of the EM.

Hyperbole has taken root far to easily in this tournament.

illadelph12
talked to batdude. Mandarin can use his desintegrator ring, since it's just a beam shot and apparently IM's shields have blocked it.

Are you serious?

TricksterPriest
Hmm. Dr. light does not have control of the EM spectrum. And guardian has higher feats. polaris is staying. let's just go already.

Blair Wind
Hmm. Dr. light does not have control of the EM spectrum. And guardian has higher feats. polaris is staying. let's just go already.

no expression

You dont know anything about Dr. Light do you? You didnt even know he was a team buster at one point when you picked him. Dr. Light once made energy superman turn into (was it radio waves? I cant remember at the moment) Point is he took control over his body and sent him along the EM spectrum erm

Lemme see if I can find the scans

illadelph12
Um, yes he does. Did you not read what he did to Superman Blue? I'm pretty sure the team that drafted him did not volunteer that information. He was able to alter Superman Blue's frequency to radiowaves and commented, on panel, that he does not only control light as all bandwitdths of the EM spectrum are related as he changes Superman Blues frequency against his will. I'll provide the scans momentarily.

No offense Trickster, but I told you that with these caps history was only going to repeat itself.

And why are you taking advisement from combatants?

TricksterPriest
talk to the judges. Galan, Nataku and Soljer. and stop bothering before I start getting annoyed.

illadelph12
So be it.

I withdraw from this tournament.

It's not worth the headache.

Carry on.

TricksterPriest
you can't directly affect combatents with things like Light, EM, etc. no seizing control of their bodies, etc.

Rick/Genis
No to mention... did someone choose someone completely made of light?

Flame On!!

Originally posted by illadelph12

And why are you taking advisement from combatants?

What?

So wait, is Doctor Light out also? Because Dr. Light = Guardian. They both have control of the EM.

Hyperbole has taken root far to easily in this tournament.

no expression

You dont know anything about Dr. Light do you? You didnt even know he was a team buster at one point when you picked him. Dr. Light once made energy superman turn into (was it radio waves? I cant remember at the moment) Point is he took control over his body and sent him along the EM spectrum erm

Lemme see if I can find the scans

Why did you guys let this clueless clown try and organise this? erm

talk to the judges. Galan, Nataku and Soljer. and stop bothering before I start getting annoyed.

no

Chaos. sad Poor Devil Lance he was at least civil to people.

-FO!!

TricksterPriest
no one, as far I know. and the rule on things like that is 10 minutes of dispersal is KO. hell, general dispersal is KO pretty much. most of those guys are over the caps anyway.

Can I get a list of the previous picks, or should I just do that myself?

Blair Wind
you know whats funny? Nataku had already said:

Originally posted by Nataku8188
As the appointed Judge, I declare that Guardian be allowed, but if he attempts to use any feats/showings above the stated level, he will simply be disqualified completely from the tournament. So, if he cheated, congratulations! You cheated for nothing! If he didn't, then congratulations! You got your character.

Whatever. Royal Family redraws from the tournament

Flame On!!
So be it.

Carry on.

Common Sense prevails, good call guys if he hadn't booted me I would have also withdrawn. erm

-FO!!

Validus
I blame the Engineer.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
I blame the Engineer.

Pretty much. Things didn't really get out of hand until she was brought up.

batdude123
I blame the Engineer.

Never blame things that CA has boinked.

And yes, that includes the grapefruit he just got done with.

Flame On!!
The last post of this thread by Digi kind of sums things up.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/445233_21-inter-team-tourney-sign-up-thread#post8611866

-FO!!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by batdude123
Never blame things that CA has boinked.

And yes, that includes the grapefruit he just got done with.

laughing Now that, was just what we needed to lighten the mood. Anyone want to try and get BW back? Nataku was saying that about the heather hudson version, who may or may not get in. I kicked the cyborg guardian. So, anyone have picks? Or should we just prepare for the 4th round tomorrow?

Newjak
So be it.

Carry on.

Whatever. Royal Family redraws from the tournament Well I guess thats it then I'm done as well sorry TP and DL you guys had a good idea.

bigbran
Super Skrull is kicked. And Mar-vel is reinstated. please continue and ignore the sock. roll eyes (sarcastic) Why exactly is he kicked, while Mar-Vell stays?
Neither character goes above the limits...

But, whatever... I'm probably not in this thing anyway, so meh...

capt it up

ya im thinking of doing the same. The tourny creater really made som dumb moves like swtching the caps after he told my team certain characters were nto allowed then he allowed them after we had picked........

ExodusCloak
Oh well, enjoy smile

*Runs after BW, Ill and Newjak*

King_Mungi
Heather was the best Guardian.

-FO!!

What? No she wasn't

TricksterPriest
sad I tried. I really did. This was my first tournament as host after all. my mistake, was not running this one myself and getting someone better than Devil Lance to advise me. Oh well. Consider this one kaput. BUT! I will return and get a damn tournament hosted. cool

capt it up
sad I tried. I really did. This was my first tournament as host after all. my mistake, was not running this one myself and getting someone better than Devil Lance to advise me. Oh well. Consider this one kaput. BUT! I will return and get a damn tournament hosted. cool
screw it I will help you with a tourny if you want as long as I can enter it.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by King_Mungi
What? No she wasn't

and the best leader.

smile

-FO!!

King_Mungi
and the best leader.

smile

-FO!!

That I will agree with, as Heather was the leader vastly longer than James...as he was "dead"

Flame On!!
That I will agree with, as Heather was the leader vastly longer than James...as he was "dead"

Alpha Flights best stories were the early ones like witth the guy made of dead bodies.

-FO!!

King_Mungi
Alpha Flights best stories were the early ones like witth the guy made of dead bodies.

-FO!!

Lionel Jeffries/Omega? Those were actually considered the worst when Mantlo took over.

Soujaboy
I knew this tourney was going to fail...

King_Mungi
Only because they didn't let the Canadian Canoe-Slayers in sad

Newjak
Only because they didn't let the Canadian Canoe-Slayers in sad Maybe next time sad

Flame On!!
Lionel Jeffries/Omega? Those were actually considered the worst when Mantlo took over.

Nah, only by some people. Many feel those villians like the Master etc defined Alpha Flight.

-FO!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Newjak
Maybe next time sad

Then didn't even approve our first pick sad

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/canohead.htm

King_Mungi
Nah, only by some people. Many feel those villians like the Master etc defined Alpha Flight.

-FO!!

That was John Bryne who made him, and yes Master was great hence I made a respect thread for him.

Newjak
Then didn't even approve our first pick sad

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/canohead.htm He would have been unstoppable in this or any tourney. sad

Flame On!!
That was John Bryne who made him, and yes Master was great hence I made a respect thread for him.

I said early stories and yes it was Byrne...... I have all of Alpha flight up to the Purpleman stuff, I hated him so much from old 70's Daredevils I only read intermittently after that.

-FO!!

King_Mungi
I said early stories and yes it was Byrne...... I have all of Alpha flight up to the Purpleman stuff, I hated him so much from old 70's Daredevils I only read intermittently after that.

-FO!!

How early? as majority and yes majority felt Mantlo did vastly more harm than good. When you said made of dead bodies I thought you were talking about Lionel and that's when the comic started to go downhill. Purple Man story as he came back as a zombie, or the introduction of Purple Man's daughter?

Flame On!!
How early? as majority and yes majority felt Mantlo did vastly more harm than good. When you said made of dead bodies I thought you were talking about Lionel and that's when the comic started to go downhill. Purple Man story as he came back as a zombie, or the introduction of Purple Man's daughter?

The Daughter.

Purple girl.

smile and my comics knowledge goes back much further.

I have the original appearances in the Xmen all of them, bought at the times.
-FO!!

Donkey Punch
No, you shut up. mad I made you the host, and you ****ed this tournament. THIS IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT FOR NOT ENFORCING THE CAPS! The redrafts are necessary because you botched it and let several questionable picks in and you were letting outright cheating happen. This is your god damn fault, and I will never let you host one of my tournaments again. Consider your mongoose invitation revoked. miffed We're taking a week or two to revise to the rules and check for mistakes. HOWEVER, WE ARE KEEPING THE PREVIOUS CAPS.

I thought this was quite funny, someone should dislodge the 'toy' from this guys rectum. smile

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
I thought this was quite funny, someone should dislodge the 'toy' from this guys rectum. smile

laughing

True

-FO!!

DigiMark007
Nothing's getting pinned and I'm not entering. But I can't speak for my team. There's 2 other random tourneys being started as well ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) so basically it looks like everything's turning into a joke.

Good luck if this happens. If not, meh.

Validus
Call me crazy but I think KMC could use a break from tourneys for a while...

DigiMark007

Validus
Quote spamming. Reported.

Donkey Punch

I sort of feel responsible. smile

ExodusCloak

That's probably the most sensible thing I've read in days.(Yes I said days)

Flame On!!
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Nothing's getting pinned and I'm not entering. But I can't speak for my team. There's 2 other random tourneys being started as well ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) so basically it looks like everything's turning into a joke.

Good luck if this happens. If not, meh.

Damn who the hell could have expected that to happen Digi.

-FO!!

Flame On!!
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's probably the most sensible thing I've read in days.(Yes I said days)

Agreed. Nice one Validus.

smile

Soujaboy

thumb up

Flame On!!
I sort of feel responsible. smile

smile

Nah my friend unlike Trickster Priest, I don't launch uneeded vitriolic attacks on my buddies. Let's blame Yahman or Whirly.

-FO!!

Soujaboy
smile

Nah my friend unlike Trickster Priest, I don't launch uneeded vitriolic attacks on my buddies. Let's blame Yahman or Whirly.

-FO!!

So you blame yourself?stick out tongue

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by Soujaboy
So you blame yourself?stick out tongue

He cant be both. smile

Flame On!!
He cant be both. smile

Can't this mysterious "He" be whatever people want "him" to be even a "she" or an "it". Perhaps a chess playing "super computer"

-FO!!

batdude123

Do NOT put all this on DL.

You were the one who went ape shit and decided to start things over again... while in the process killing forum interest in this tourney.

This is 98% YOUR fault. thumb up

The truth hurts, I know...

Flame On!!

You were the one who went ape shit and decided to start things over again... while in the process killing forum interest in this tourney.

All true BD. Let's forget it now though. The guy made an error. It's not the end of the world.

-FO!!

leonidas

that is unfortunately true. had DL remained, we would be doing the 4th rd picks right now.

how &^%$ed up are we that we put a &^%$ing comicbook tournament together without acting like a bunch of a$$holes?

A. S. S. I. N. I. N. E.

Flame On!!
that is unfortunately true. had DL remained, we would be doing the 4th rd picks right now.

how &^%$ed up are we that we put a &^%$ing comicbook tournament together without acting like a bunch of a$$holes?

A. S. S. I. N. I. N. E.

Is that like S.P.E.C.T.R.E?

-FO!!

DigiMark007
Cut the spam kids. I'm not sure what's happening with this, but all of this isn't helping.

batdude123
Is that like S.P.E.C.T.R.E?

-FO!!

James Bond ftw.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Cut the spam kids.

Yes Dad!! The kids in a WWII London household echoed as one. The oldest Jeremy took a shap kitchen knife and cut slices from the rationed treat.

smile

http://www.oakparkskiclub.org/images/spam.gif

j/lk

-FO!!

Devil Lance

Truthfully I think the blame should be spread out a little more

I was way to flip-floppy and should have stuck to my guns with a couple of my decisions.

TP didn't really give me much time to fix things during the third round draft before he pull the rugout from under.
and truth be told the reason I wans't posting for awhile was because
A. by the time I stopped posting it was 11:00 pm my time and things eemed to be quiteting down a little, so I decided to go to bed. So I obviousl couldn't post then.
Then I had school and couldn't get on line during that and when I went on right after school expecting things to be runningfor the most part smoothly I found out that the tourney basically crashed and burned.

One last thing that led to the downfall of the tourneywas that it started way to soon which is again mostly my fault. I should havce waited atleast a week before starting the drafst so I could get the caps and rules fully fleshed out

So nonoe one should take all the blame for this one it was a group effort. Which Is sad because I was really looking forward to the matches sad

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Truthfully I think the blame should be spread out a little more

I was way to flip-floppy and should have stuck to my guns with a couple of my decisions.

TP didn't really give me much time to fix things during the third round draft before he pull the rugout from under.
and truth be told the reason I wans't posting for awhile was because
A. by the time I stopped posting it was 11:00 pm my time and things eemed to be quiteting down a little, so I decided to go to bed. So I obviousl couldn't post then.
Then I had school and couldn't get on line during that and when I went on right after school expecting things to be runningfor the most part smoothly I found out that the tourney basically crashed and burned.

One last thing that led to the downfall of the tourneywas that it started way to soon which is again mostly my fault. I should havce waited atleast a week before starting the drafst so I could get the caps and rules fully fleshed out

So nonoe one should take all the blame for this one it was a group effort. Which Is sad because I was really looking forward to the matches sad

Relax mate you're a nice guy, don't feel bad about stuff. I actually feel for both you and TP, he just handled his upset less maturely than you.

-FO!!

Flame On!!
James Bond ftw.

Especially the "real" Bond. Although I did like Casino Royale.

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/cinema/diaporama/06/james-bond-girls/james-bond-contre-dr-no.jpg

-FO!!

Donkey Punch
Can't this mysterious "He" be whatever people want "him" to be even a "she" or an "it". Perhaps a chess playing "super computer"

-FO!!

Looks like a He to me ...

batdude123
Especially the "real" Bond. Although I did like Casino Royale.

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/cinema/diaporama/06/james-bond-girls/james-bond-contre-dr-no.jpg

-FO!!

Sean Connery and Ursela Andress ftw.

Flame On!!
Looks like a He to me ...

Damn Yahman looks old for his early twenties. He must have had a hard paper round.

Sean Connery and Ursela Andress ftw.

thumb up

-FO!!

Donkey Punch
Damn Yahman looks old for his early twenties. He must have had a hard paper round.

thumb up

-FO!!

Nah this is Yahman at the Prince harrys Birthday party...

Donkey Punch
And this is him posing for 'Boys who want cock' magazine

Flame On!!
Nah this is Yahman at the Prince harrys Birthday party...

**** me he looks like Charlie Chaplin in the "Great Dictator". shifty

It's amazing what passed for a "ladies man" back in the day my friend. stick out tongue

-FO!!

Flame On!!
And this is him posing for 'Boys who want cock' magazine

laughing just classic.

-FO!!

batdude123
**** me he looks like Charlie Chaplin in the "Great Dictator". shifty

It's amazing what passed for a "ladies man" back in the day my friend. stick out tongue

-FO!!

I've been afraid Charlie Chaplin ever since I was a kid.

Don't ask.

Flame On!!
I've been afraid Charlie Chaplin ever since I was a kid.

Don't ask.

But....I have to ask now, don't I? erm

Yes i'm certain, I have to ask!

Why? smile

-FO

illadelph12
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/1230-01.jpg

"Heckuva Job Brownie..."

batdude123
But....I have to ask now, don't I? erm

Yes i'm certain, I have to ask!

Why? smile

-FO

When I first watched his black & white movies as a young kid, his face, actions, and movements scared the hell out of me. He'd get all "wide-eyed" and look like he was going to kill somebody.

I've been afraid to look at him ever since. laughing

Flame On!!
When I first watched his black & white movies as a young kid, his face, actions, and movements scared the hell out of me. He'd get all "wide-eyed" and look like he was going to kill somebody.

I've been afraid to look at him ever since. laughing

Fair enough. I'm glad it wasn't anything like a short man in a bowler hat "touched" you as a minor. shifty Because Yahman tells me he has stopped working as a childrens entertainer.

-FO!!

batdude123
I'm glad it wasn't anything like a short man in a bowler hat "touched" you as a minor. shifty Because Yahman tells me he has stopped working as a childrens entertainer.

-FO!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that as well. 313

Flame On!!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that as well. 313

shifty I knew it!!!

Yahman you bad bad Hitler lookalike.

-FO!!

darthgoober
I was following the tourney even though I myself wasn't participating and I can honestly say that the majority of the problems that went down seemed to stem from the rushed manner in which the tournament was put together. A GOOD tournament takes time to get organized(a lot of time in fact), and the fact is that not nearly enough time was devoted to establishing a clear level of power for the desired participants. Everyone was so swept up in the excitement of the tournament that they where all content to work out the details later, but their opinions changed when it became clear that many of the other participants had a radically different idea of just how powerful of a team they should have been able to draft(which of course only resulted in bickering from everyone).

So to TP and DL I'd like to offer a suggestion(feel free to ignore it though). The next time one or both of you decide you'd like to be a tournament host, TAKE YOUR TIME! Figure out just how powerful YOU want the characters involved to be, and don't waver just because of loopholes and fast talking from the participants. Try to come up with answers to any probable questions and strategies your likely to be asked about, and stick to your guns about things you know are BS.

For instance...

Guys like Mandarin,Super Skrull, and Mar-Vell should have never been allowed in the first place. Why you ask?

Mandarin= Over the versatility cap, just like anyone with the ability to alter matter to the degree Mandarin is able.
Super Skrull= To damn powerful. The guy routinely takes on people like Surfer and Thor, and Annihilation has given us every indication that he could pretty much kick Iron Man's ass.
Mar-Vell= No. Just no. Mar-Vell had the damn Nega Bands and even though he himself never did much with them, when Genis came along we learned that they are WAY above the tourney cap. Would you really let Drax into a herald level tournament with the Power Gem just because he couldn't use it worth a flip? No, because that would be stupid. Drax could conceivably give the gem to someone on his team who actually knew what they where doing, and then everyone else would be screwed. The cap shouldn't just apply to the character, but their equipment also.

Just remember in the future that even though there's no solid proof that a certain character exceeds the cap, that doesn't mean that the character in question should automatically be usable. The Watcher hasn't really done much to PROVE he's above Herald level(in fact Watchers have been taken on or beaten by Surfer, Quasar, and Mar-Vell), but common sense tells us that he is.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
I was following the tourney even though I myself wasn't participating and I can honestly say that the majority of the problems that went down seemed to stem from the rushed manner in which the tournament was put together. A GOOD tournament takes time to get organized(a lot of time in fact), and the fact is that not nearly enough time was devoted to establishing a clear level of power for the desired participants. Everyone was so swept up in the excitement of the tournament that they where all content to work out the details later, but their opinions changed when it became clear that many of the other participants had a radically different idea of just how powerful of a team they should have been able to draft(which of course only resulted in bickering from everyone).

So to TP and DL I'd like to offer a suggestion(feel free to ignore it though). The next time one or both of you decide you'd like to be a tournament host, TAKE YOUR TIME! Figure out just how powerful YOU want the characters involved to be, and don't waver just because of loopholes and fast talking from the participants. Try to come up with answers to any probable questions and strategies your likely to be asked about, and stick to your guns about things you know are BS.

For instance...

Guys like Mandarin,Super Skrull, and Mar-Vell should have never been allowed in the first place. Why you ask?

Mandarin= Over the versatility cap, just like anyone with the ability to alter matter to the degree Mandarin is able.
Super Skrull= To damn powerful. The guy routinely takes on people like Surfer and Thor, and Annihilation has given us every indication that he could pretty much kick Iron Man's ass.
Mar-Vell= No. Just no. Mar-Vell had the damn Nega Bands and even though he himself never did much with them, when Genis came along we learned that they are WAY above the tourney cap. Would you really let Drax into a herald level tournament with the Power Gem just because he couldn't use it worth a flip? No, because that would be stupid. Drax could conceivably give the gem to someone on his team who actually knew what they where doing, and then everyone else would be screwed. The cap shouldn't just apply to the character, but their equipment also.

Just remember in the future that even though there's no solid proof that a certain character exceeds the cap, that doesn't mean that the character in question should automatically be usable. The Watcher hasn't really done much to PROVE he's above Herald level(in fact Watchers have been taken on or beaten by Surfer, Quasar, and Mar-Vell), but common sense tells us that he is.

pray I freely cop to the fact that I ****ed up, DL ****ed up, there was a general cluster ****. sad Next time, I will take at least a week or two and do the rules and setups properly. This was an unmitigated disaster, and I freely admit my part. I'm not even going to try to host another tournament for at least 2-3 months. I'm gonna try and observe some other tournaments and learn what I can. I seriously had no idea what I was getting into............ nosweat I apologize for pissing everyone off and generally annoying people with this hare-brained scheme.

bigbran
pray I freely cop to the fact that I ****ed up That you did... that you did...

Flame On!!
pray I freely cop to the fact that I ****ed up, DL ****ed up, there was a general cluster ****. sad Next time, I will take at least a week or two and do the rules and setups properly. This was an unmitigated disaster, and I freely admit my part. I'm not even going to try to host another tournament for at least 2-3 months. I'm gonna try and observe some other tournaments and learn what I can. I seriously had no idea what I was getting into............ nosweat I apologize for pissing everyone off and generally annoying people with this hare-brained scheme.

Now you're being to hard on youself. You did what you did for the best intentions. You just lost your temper and let yourself down. It happens to everyone.

-FO!!

ExodusCloak
So I take it the healing has started then? sly

TricksterPriest
Pretty much. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'let's beat down TP day', then it's cool. nosweat

nvrbeenwthagirl
Have fun. Dont' be mean to each other. Unless it's Mr. Master :P. Just Joking. I like looking at the tourneys. So get it going and let peace resound on KMC. SO says the queen. Two snaps and a PEACE SCHNOPtz. Is that how you spell that?

bigbran
Pretty much. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'let's beat down TP day', then it's cool. nosweat You notice how the tourney was doing OK, until DL got kicked out?

It was on time, and there was some bickering...

Then, he got kicked out, so the tourney coud be better, and now... where did the tourney go? Me no know!

Now, that is just weird, isn't it?

Flame On!!
Originally posted by bigbran
You notice how the tourney was doing OK, until DL got kicked out?

It was on time, and there was some bickering...

Then, he got kicked out, so the tourney coud be better, and now... where did the tourney go? Me no know!

Now, that is just weird, isn't it?

Relax Bran, the guys at least admitted he was in the wrong.

It's enough. Forget it.

It must have been pretty hard for him to admit he made errors.

-FO!!

bigbran
Relax Bran, the guys at least admitted he was in the wrong.

It's enough. Forget it.

It must have been pretty hard for him to admit he made errors.

-FO!! And yet, he still blames DL for most of it...

Flame On!!
And yet, he still blames DL for most of it...

erm I take your point but......

I'd forget it, the points made.

-FO!!

bigbran

-FO!! Also, I just like bugging Trickster... and when I see something like this... I just can't help but indulge... eek!

Flame On!!
Also, I just like bugging Trickster... and when I see something like this... I just can't help but indulge... eek!

Well put like that what ever floats you boat. I can dig bugging people.

smile

-FO!!

SpunkySmurph

-FO!! No fair. miffed

I just got here, and the only fun part is already over?

leonidas
Originally posted by darthgoober

gibberish goob.

mar-vell's feats and his alone would have been admissable in this. who cares about genis? i couldn't use anything genis did. i selected the guy who had trouble with nitro. and the ONLY reason i wanted him was cosmic awareness. our team was still considering CHANGING him in the confirmation thread!

and i've almost every book that mandarin has appeared in. i doubt very highly any person on this forum knows the character better than i do. mandarin was fine. the rings WERE versatile, but the limited SCOPE of their power has been demonstrated many times, in many issues.

the horse is dead. you're giving a post-mordem on why the thing failed when it is self-evident why it failed. as for our picks, you are dead wrong on both counts, my friend.

ps--not sure why i bothered to reply -- guess i don't like piling on after the fact. regardless, i'm done with discussing the tournament. if you really want to debate the merits of my team's picks i will gladly entertain you via pm's.

pps--tp/dl: your hearts were in the right place. and i don't think it was the speed of it that mattered. everyone was on board and ready to go. it was some bad decision making, pure and simple, and giving in to some pretty significant pressure. no one person should be responsible for deciding who gets in and who doesn't. it should be a commitee decision, or the decision of the participants. that's it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
No fair. miffed

I just got here, and the only fun part is already over?

stick out tongue

Flame On!!
gibberish goob.

mar-vell's feats and his alone would have been admissable in this. who cares about genis? i couldn't use anything genis did. i selected the guy who had trouble with nitro. and the ONLY reason i wanted him was cosmic awareness. our team was still considering CHANGING him in the confirmation thread!

and i've almost every book that mandarin has appeared in. i doubt very highly any person on this forum knows the character better than i do. mandarin was fine. the rings WERE versatile, but the limited SCOPE of their power has been demonstrated many times, in many issues.

the horse is dead. you're giving a post-mordem on why the thing failed when it is self-evident why it failed. as for our picks, you are dead wrong on both counts, my friend.

ps--not sure why i bothered to reply -- guess i don't like piling on after the fact. regardless, i'm done with discussing the tournament. if you really want to debate the merits of my team's picks i will gladly entertain you via pm's.

True Leo on all points. thumb up

The only thing I don't understand is why you bothered replying, the guy was so far off the mark.

-FO!!

darthgoober
gibberish goob.

pps--tp/dl: your hearts were in the right place. and i don't think it was the speed of it that mattered. everyone was on board and ready to go. it was some bad decision making, pure and simple, and giving in to some pretty significant pressure. no one person should be responsible for deciding who gets in and who doesn't. it should be a commitee decision, or the decision of the participants. that's it.
Sorry Leo, I wasn't trying to seem like a dick or attack you for your picks, I was just trying to give my views on the matter. See this is what I was talking about. I pictured the intended level of this thing to be lower than you did, and because of that your picks seem unreasonable at the time. It's entirely possible I'm wrong about how powerful the characters could choose from where supposed to be, and if so then my earlier comments where in error. I have no problem admitting that.

That's why I feel that the tourney was rushed and suffered for it. Given more time it's possible you and I would've agreed with the level of the characters involved and my views would've changed.

Scoobless

You're crazy.

no expression

I declare the GLA Alpha the tourney winners because we didn't draft any BS over the limit characters and we didn't walk away from this (apart from Digi ... the quitter)

GLC Crappa gets awarded 2nd place just for being entertaining

smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scoobless
You're crazy.

no expression

I declare the GLA Alpha the tourney winners because we didn't draft any BS over the limit characters and we didn't walk away from this (apart from Digi ... the quitter)

GLC Crappa gets awarded 2nd place just for being entertaining

smile

Mongooses didn't try any of that either and have never backed out wink

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Mongooses didn't try any of that either and have never backed out wink

Irrelevant ... GLC >>>>> Mongooses in every possible way ... we had prepped for your team before you even knew you were going to make a team.

smile

Symmetric Chaos
Irrelevant ... GLC >>>>> Mongooses in every possible way ... we had prepped for your team before you even knew you were going to make a team.

smile

Part of our prep was ensuring that you would prep against us.

Scoobless
Due to the inferiority of your team/drafts your prep was destined to fail.

GLC Alpha - First KMC Inter-Team Tourney Champions!

SpunkySmurph

smile Pssh.
Mongooses had Trickster.
Seeing as he pwned the tourney, that would include you as well.
They win by default.

And before you ask, yes, the Illuminati do have an extremley valid excuse.

DigiMark007
Seems like this is over.

Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.