Could Current Superman Stop Classic Juggernaut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
So, put Supes iN War Hulk's position.

Can Supes, under his own power, stop him?

Utrigita
Yes I believe He could

jrodslam
laughing

It was only a matter of time.

grey fox
You mean strength versus strength in a shoving match ?

Dinalfos
How strong is current Superman?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Dinalfos
How strong is current Superman?

Strong enough to pull a third of the Earth's against the gravity of the sun.

Utrigita
Goodbye Juggy

bigbran
Originally posted by Nikkolas
So, put Supes iN War Hulk's position.

Can Supes, under his own power, stop him? So Superman is using Celestial tech?
Ya, of course he will.

Becuase Hulk didn't stop Juggs under his own power.

Validus
I'm not sure what this thread is trying to say. Could Superman stop Cain's forward progress? No. Is Superman stronger than Cain? Certainly.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Juggy lost to Spidey, so naturally that poser superman beats him to.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by bigbran
So Superman is using Celestial tech?
Ya, of course he will.

Becuase Hulk didn't stop Juggs under his own power.

The celestial tech was simply a replacement for Hulk's primal rage, which was completely abscent at the time.

janus77
does the kind of "tech" matter?
ultimately it was physical force. however you look at it. it wasn't "magic" thus what else is there?

there's limits to juggernaut. WarHulk exposed it clearly, Onslaught exposed it even more. Superman probably would too.

UniOmni
Current Juggy isn't the beast he once was by any degree.

Classic Juggy? He walks all over Superman, and beats him in a slugfest too.

Validus
Shut up.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by UniOmni
Current Juggy isn't the beast he once was by any degree.

Classic Juggy? He walks all over Superman, and beats him in a slugfest too.

thumb up

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Shut up.

Listen lad, i'm the poster formerly known as GAM.

I had the board eating out of the seat of my pants, and i'll humble you when i start channeling the aura again.

Walk off lad, walk off.

Formerly Known as "GAM"

Soujaboy
The celestial tech was simply a replacement for Hulk's primal rage, which was completely abscent at the time.

False. Such was never stated to be the case within the pages of the comic. This is your own personal interpretation of what the celestial tech was used for. In our opinions it was obviously used to increase the Hulk's physical attributes.

bigbran
The celestial tech was simply a replacement for Hulk's primal rage, which was completely abscent at the time. And that glowing... was?

Come on... you don't actually believe he stopped him under his own power... do you?

The Pict
Supes wouldn't be able to halt classic Juggs when he was in motion, but he could beat him.

xmeat
hulk could beat current supes

Accel
The Celstial Tech never was specified as to what it did exactly. It very well could have been used to control the other-dimensional energies that Hulk had trouble with at the time.

Soujaboy
And that glowing... was?

Come on... you don't actually believe he stopped him under his own power... do you?

It was obviously for the readers amusement, because Hulk's always seen with a green glowing aura encompassing his body. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes... he does, and he'll try to prove it.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Soujaboy
False. Such was never stated to be the case within the pages of the comic. This is your own personal interpretation of what the celestial tech was used for. In our opinions it was obviously used to increase the Hulk's physical attributes.

I meant to say that the tech made up for what Hulk lacked in rage. I'm not saying that that's what Apoc had in mind, but it IS true that Savage Hulk was long gone at that point. Fact. That means the tech was a replacement.

Dinalfos
And that glowing... was?

What the f**k?

No, I don't believe he stopped him under his own power. Because his own power wasn't fully there. That's what I said.

Accel
The green glow could very well have been the extra-dimensional energy that Hulk already had.

Soujaboy
I meant to say that the tech made up for what Hulk lacked in rage. I'm not saying that that's what Apoc had in mind, but it IS true that Savage Hulk was long gone at that point. Fact. That means the tech was a replacement.

Celestial tech isn't even comparable to Hulks "rage".

Apoc is a powerful TP, if he wanted Hulk to be enraged he himself could have easily swept the memories and emotions from Hulk's mind as Jean did during the Onslaught saga. However he didn't, he decided to make Hulk more powerful. It was obvious the Celestial tech was implemented for those reasons.

Soujaboy
What the f**k?

No, I don't believe he stopped him under his own power. Because his own power wasn't fully there. That's what I said.

So in the same breath your admitting that it wasn't Hulk who briefly halted Cain, but the Celestial tech?

juggernaut66666
Even the writers said that Hulk was upgraded in that fight.

Accel
The editors only stated he was "amped," which really could mean any thing. They could be referring to the tech or they could have been referring to the other-dimensioanl energy merely being harnessed.

Dinalfos
Celestial tech isn't even comparable to Hulks "rage".

Apoc is a powerful TP, if he wanted Hulk to be enraged he himself could have easily swept the memories and emotions from Hulk's mind as Jean did during the Onslaught saga. However he didn't, he decided to make Hulk more powerful. It was obvious the Celestial tech was implemented for those reasons.

How the **** do you know?

Anyway, he didn't want Hulk to be enraged, he wanted to test the Celestial Tech. THAT's why he implemented it. No other reason.

Dinalfos
So in the same breath your admitting that it wasn't Hulk who briefly halted Cain, but the Celestial tech?

I never denied this? confused

However, it CAN be argued that the energy that was harnessed in the Tech could be Hulk's own or that of the Heroes Reborn universe. The tech was never given a true explanation.

Soujaboy
How the **** do you know?

Anyway, he didn't want Hulk to be enraged, he wanted to test the Celestial Tech. THAT's why he implemented it. No other reason.

How do I know Celestials > Hulk's rage? Um because of what they've been shown capable of in comics. I'm sorry Hulk has yet to be classified as a universal threat, maybe in time he will. confused

He was testing whether or not the Celestial tech would increase Hulk's physical attributes enough to defeat Cain. He wasn't testing whether or not it would make Hulk more powerful, because well, that obvious. wink

Accel
Apoc didn't give Hulk the tech for the primary purpose to fight Cain. He wanted to make Hulk a horsemen and he thought Cain was the best person to test him on.

Soujaboy
I never denied this? confused

However, it CAN be argued that the energy that was harnessed in the Tech could be Hulk's own or that of the Heroes Reborn universe. The tech was never given a true explanation.

Why does the tech need to be explained? If I'm unarmed, and then I'm given a .22. Is it not obvious that the "gun" was given to make me more powerful?

Accel
Why does the tech need to be explained? If I'm unarmed, and then I'm given a .22. Is it not obvious that the "gun" was given to make me more powerful?
That's not really the same thing at all.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Accel
Apoc didn't give Hulk the tech for the primary purpose to fight Cain. He wanted to make Hulk a horsemen and he thought Cain was the best person to test him on.

And he chose Cain why? Because after Hulk was made more powerful, it was believed that Cain would pose the greatest challenge.

Soujaboy
That's not really the same thing at all.

How so?

Dinalfos
How do I know Celestials > Hulk's rage? Um because of what they've been shown capable of in comics. I'm sorry Hulk has yet to be classified as a universal threat, maybe in time he will. confused

He was testing whether or not the Celestial tech would increase Hulk's physical attributes enough to defeat Cain. he wasn't testing whether or not it would make him more powerful, because well, that obvious. wink

We're talking raw power here, not versatility. Of course Celestials > Hulk, that's entirely besides the point roll eyes (sarcastic)

But the objective was tot test "celestial might" with the CT. It was supposed to serve as a means to defeat celestials. Juggernaut and Hulk really didn't matter, they were just pawns.

Accel
And he chose Cain why? Because after Hulk was made more powerful, it was believed that Cain would pose the greatest challenge.
Apoc didn't even originally have Cain in mind to fight Hulk after experimenting with him. Cain was just there to fight War and Apoc thought it was a good chance to test the tech he used.

Accel
How so?
Because the tech could just as well have been harnessing the other-dimensional energies Hulk already had flowing through his body at the time instead of enhancing him any more than he already was.

You getting a gun in your hands is a horrible analogy to that.

Soujaboy
We're talking raw power here, not versatility. Of course Celestials > Hulk, that's entirely besides the point roll eyes (sarcastic)

But the objective was tot test "celestial might" with the CT. It was supposed to serve as a means to defeat celestials. Juggernaut and Hulk really didn't matter, they were just pawns.

You asked me I the **** I know Celestial > the Hulk, so I answered.

Dinalfos
You asked me I the **** I know Celestial > the Hulk, so I answered.

Oh you answered, alright. 5 + 5 = 12, apparently.

Soujaboy
Because the tech could just as well have been harnessing the other-dimensional energies Hulk already had flowing through his body at the time instead of enhancing him any more than he already was.

You getting a gun in your hands is a horrible analogy to that.

I'm unarmed
Hulk's unarmed

I receive a gun
Hulk receives Celestial tech

I'm now more powerful
Hulk's now more powerful

Soujaboy
Oh you answered, alright. 5 + 5 = 12, apparently.

What are you talking about? I hope your not somehow implying that Hulk's raw rage and power > Celestial?

Accel
*Sigh*

Soujaboy
*Sigh*

I feel the same way. sad

Accel
I'm mainly referring to the tech thing. You don't seem to understand that the tech may have only harnessed Hulk's energies instead of actually enhancing him. It was never explained and it's really just as likely to be the case than Hulk being enhanced by the tech.

You getting a gun is nothing like that scenario.

Soujaboy
I'm mainly referring to the tech thing. You don't seem to understand that the tech may have only harnessed Hulk's energies instead of actually enhancing him. It was never explained and it's really just as likely to be the case than Hulk being enhanced by the tech.

You getting a gun is nothing like that scenario.

I know. Imo it was obvious that Hulk gained an increase in physical attributes through the implementing of the Celestial tech. However I guess it's up to the readers interpretation of the comic. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread is so dumb to argue. Of course Superman could stop the juggernaut. Superman's strength is so far above the hulks, the only thing the celestial tech did was make the hulk start at around Superman lvl strength. Superman is class One Trillion. Hulk starts at class 100. SO hell yeah, Superman can stop the juggernaut. All it takes is sufficiant force.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread is so dumb to argue. Of course Superman could stop the juggernaut. Superman's strength is so far above the hulks, the only thing the celestial tech did was make the hulk start at around Superman lvl strength. Superman is class One Trillion. Hulk starts at class 100. SO hell yeah, Superman can stop the juggernaut. All it takes is sufficiant force.

Wrong again. You have no idea where the Celestial tech would have placed Hulk. For all we know the Tech could have placed him about twice as strong as Superman. Superman isn't stopping Cain.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wrong again. You have no idea where the Celestial tech would have placed Hulk. For all we know the Tech could have placed him about twice as strong as Superman. Superman isn't stopping Cain.

OH Pulease. Since Marvel Top tiers have NEVER moved 300,000 Times the Earth's weight divided be Three. Superman has. He certainly would stop Cain.

Soujaboy
OH Pulease. Since Marvel Top tiers have NEVER moved 300,000 Times the Earth's weight divided be Three. Superman has. He certainly would stop Cain.

Shut the Hell up. You enjoy making things up and indulging in your own comic man fantasies. All they pulled was 1/3 of the earth, get all that 300,000 divided by 3 nonsense out of your head.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Shut the Hell up. You enjoy making things up and indulging in your own comic man fantasies. All they pulled was 1/3 of the earth, get all that 300,000 divided by 3 nonsense out of your head.

Actually you are a dummy. I looked it up on the net what it would take to pull the earth out of orbit you sack of Dog piss. The sun's gravity is actually what they were pulling against you piece of fly shit.

xmeat
huc can beat current supes

carver9
Actually you are a dummy. I looked it up on the net what it would take to pull the earth out of orbit you sack of Dog piss. The sun's gravity is actually what they were pulling against you piece of fly shit.

Youre a dummy to think that superman can stop the juggernaut when there hasnt been any force on earth that has stopped juggernaut (besides onslaught but that entire story line sucked). Apocalypse chose juggernaut because he knows of juggernaut powers and capabilities and he knows that if hulk could stop jugs with the tech (which he could never have done in the past without the tech) could stop juggernaut, the unstoppable, then he created the ultimate weapon. Superman dont have the kind of weapons or enough strength to stop the juggernaut. Thor didnt have enough strength or power to even come close to stopping the juggernaut, what makes you think that superman will. I know that superman is stronger than thor but its not by a huge margin, thor is pretty close in strength and his strength was pale against juggernaut. I also read in a exile book when juggernaut was going to get the gem that his strength was unlimited, (also stated here. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=596
and here. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=96) and it also states the same thing in the marvel bio. They cant even give a fixture of his strength and durability. So how is superman stronger, I guess that superman fans will say anything. I honestly dont even think that superman is stronger than hulk, base hulk yeah, but hulk has the capabilities of surpassing superman strength but even when hulk does that to juggernaut it does nothing, the outcome of the fight is the same. Hulk THAT WAS BOOSTED BY CELESTIAL TECH couldnt even stop the juggernaut until he pulled out a whip. That alone should tell you of juggernaut strength and capabilities. Without bfr juggernaut, how is superman going to beat him, a guy that could be more durable than superman worse enemy, doomsday and jugs could arguably be as strong as doomsday. Juggernaut can just lay down and put his forcefield up and let superman punch on him all day laughing at superman effort.

charlemagne9746
Nah, Supes can one shot Juggernaut into orbit if he wanted to....moving forward or not. Juggs not being able to be stopped once he is moving forward may not apply to DC characters..lol If Supes couldn't do it...i'd bet anything Validus could easily.

xmeat
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Nah, Supes can one shot Juggernaut into orbit if he wanted to....moving forward or not. Juggs not being able to be stopped once he is moving forward may not apply to DC characters..lol If Supes couldn't do it...i'd bet anything Validus could easily. what does his movement have to do with being from marvel.
war did stop juggy.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
what does his movement have to do with being from marvel.

I agree

war did stop juggy.

I still disagree.

Faceman
huc can beat current supes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

jmcnasty
Nah, Supes can one shot Juggernaut into orbit if he wanted to....moving forward or not. Juggs not being able to be stopped once he is moving forward may not apply to DC characters..lol If Supes couldn't do it...i'd bet anything Validus could easily.

laughing supes can beat juggernaut laughing

Now that was funny and then you said that he will one shot juggernaut. Why would juggernaut main power, the fact that he can walk foward without being stopped be taken away from him. If blob was fighting someone from dc would you take away his powers of being immovable. Now thats a trip. Supes aint one shotting juggernaut. Supes aint beating juggernaut. Supes dont have the kind of power to break through juggernaut forcefield or even stop him. This is a fight that superman wont win in any kind of way. Lets put it like this. Juggernaut is a magic based being. His entire criteria is surrounded by magic. Juggernaut punches should have a huge affect on superman. Without him being a magic based being, I give him a huge majority over superman due to the fact that juggernaut just can be harmed by anything that superman has. Hulk strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, thor strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, Captain brittain strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, juggernaut laughed at magneto effort, laughed at venom efforts, laugh at the entire xmen efforts, warpath strength didnt even phase the juggernaut. Basically noone with super strength has damaged the juggernaut in any kind of way and superman is going to do any different, yeah right. When you tell me of a way that superman can win against the juggernaut then maybe I will give juggernaut a lose against superman. I have never witnessed the juggernaut ever getting koed so that is out of the question. I have never seen juggernaut get freezed and it actually hurting him, so that is out of the question. I have never witnessed any kind of heat hurting him so heat vision is out of the question, so tell me another power superman is going to use to stop the juggernaut that is stronger than thors god blast. laughing out loud

Soljer
Originally posted by jmcnasty
laughing supes can beat juggernaut laughing

Now that was funny and then you said that he will one shot juggernaut. Why would juggernaut main power, the fact that he can walk foward without being stopped be taken away from him. If blob was fighting someone from dc would you take away his powers of being immovable. Now thats a trip. Supes aint one shotting juggernaut. Supes aint beating juggernaut. Supes dont have the kind of power to break through juggernaut forcefield or even stop him. This is a fight that superman wont win in any kind of way. Lets put it like this. Juggernaut is a magic based being. His entire criteria is surrounded by magic. Juggernaut punches should have a huge affect on superman. Without him being a magic based being, I give him a huge majority over superman due to the fact that juggernaut just can be harmed by anything that superman has. Hulk strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, thor strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, Captain brittain strength didnt hurt the juggernaut, juggernaut laughed at magneto effort, laughed at venom efforts, laugh at the entire xmen efforts, warpath strength didnt even phase the juggernaut. Basically noone with super strength has damaged the juggernaut in any kind of way and superman is going to do any different, yeah right. When you tell me of a way that superman can win against the juggernaut then maybe I will give juggernaut a lose against superman. I have never witnessed the juggernaut ever getting koed so that is out of the question. I have never seen juggernaut get freezed and it actually hurting him, so that is out of the question. I have never witnessed any kind of heat hurting him so heat vision is out of the question, so tell me another power superman is going to use to stop the juggernaut that is stronger than thors god blast. laughing out loud

Does the word 'paragraph' mean anything to you?

carver9
Originally posted by Soljer
Does the word 'paragraph' mean anything to you?

true. Sorry about that, will do next time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by carver9
true. Sorry about that, will do next time.

confused Are you also jmcnasty?

carver9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

How did you know that. I made a mistake and made threads under my roommates name, forgot to sign him off, i thought that i was still signed on. Yeah that was me temporarily but Im back to my original name.

Soljer

laughing

Go figure.

Apolloknight
No, its part of juggernauts power, he will push Superman all over earth, and then some.

Will Superman beat Juggernaut, of course.

Could he stop a Charging Juggernaut with just strength, nope.

carver9
Originally posted by Apolloknight
No, its part of juggernauts power, he will push Superman all over earth, and then some.

Will Superman beat Juggernaut, of course.

Could he stop a Charging Juggernaut with just strength, nope.

Everything that you said sounds right except one thing, how would superman beat juggernaut when he dont have a weakness to ANYTHING physical.

Apolloknight
Everything that you said sounds right except one thing, how would superman beat juggernaut when he dont have a weakness to ANYTHING physical.

T-vo

carver9
T-vo

I know that this is going to sound stupid. I love superman but when people say t-vo, I dont know what in the hell they be talking about ( I know a lot of people is going to get a laugh out of that) but what is it and after you explain then you can laugh at me.

Apolloknight
I know that this is going to sound stupid. I love superman but when people say t-vo, I dont know what in the hell they be talking about ( I know a lot of people is going to get a laugh out of that) but what is it and after you explain then you can laugh at me.

Its a fancy name for Supermans telepathy is all.

Symmetric Chaos
Its a fancy name for Supermans telepathy is all.

Got scans?

charlemagne9746

Two words...speed blitz!!! Supes is capable of removing Juggs from the planet before Juggs even knows what is going on. Juggernaut will not be coming back any time soon...so BFR for the win.

On a side note...pre-crisis Superman could halt Juggernaut's forward momentum pretty easily....his powers were just insane back then.

Soljer
Torquasm-Vo.

It's a kryptonian mental discipline that helps focus Superman, or can even raise him to the Theta state wherein he can do combat on a mental battlefield.

Supposedly, it's been pseudo-retconned. One of Superman's writers mentioned disliking it, so just..kinda...forgetting about it.

Apolloknight
Got scans?

Dude, Im not looking through 43 pages of superman respect thread for scans, I dont even like Superman. I've see the scans though, they are in there somewhere.

Apolloknight
Two words...speed blitz!!! Supes is capable of removing Juggs from the planet before Juggs even knows what is going on. Juggernaut will not be coming back any time soon...so BFR for the win.

On a side note...pre-crisis Superman could halt Juggernaut's forward momentum pretty easily....his powers were just insane back then.

I think we all know supes would win in a fight, this is a "could Supermans stop Juggernaut with just his strength" Thread.

carver9

Pre crisis superman sat on a toilet and boo bood juggernauts everyday, we're not using that superman. I wish superman used that same thing on doomsday when he was getting the hell beaten out of him. I wish that he used that same thing on darkseid when darkseid be slapping him around. Not that easy fella. People have a hard time knocking juggernaut off of his feat. When you seen thor vs juggernaut fight, that entire fight (beside the time that he took juggernaut power away) he didnt not lift juggernaut off the ground once. By the way remove juggernaut wont do anything because he has the power to come back, it was granted to him by cytorrak. Tell me a physical way that superman can beat juggernaut. Let say that superman just witness juggernaut snapping louis lane kneck, how would he kill a juggernaut that has his forcefield up and ready to fight.

carver9
I think we all know supes would win in a fight, this is a "could Supermans stop Juggernaut with just his strength" Thread.

I dont know that because superman dont have the tools to take down juggernaut.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Soljer

Supposedly, it's been pseudo-retconned. One of Superman's writers mentioned disliking it, so just..kinda...forgetting about it.

So current supes no longer has T-VO!?

Apolloknight
Let say that superman just witness juggernaut snapping louis lane kneck, how would he kill a juggernaut that has his forcefield up and ready to fight.

Well see thats different. You have to realize, speed is everything on this forum, and supes has it in spades. He can move at multiples the speed of light, Superman would in fact, be moving so fast, Juggernaut would appear to be frozen in time to Superman. Juggernaut would not even be able to perceive Superman.

I love Juggernaut, He is in my top 5 for favorite characters, I think I know a good deal of info about him.

Superman blitzs Jugges with a light-speed attacks, rips his helmet off, and Mind wipes him to death before juggernaut even realizes he was in the fight.

But if Current superman no longer has T-vo, things might change.

charlemagne9746
Superman is far stronger than Juggernaut....and there is nothing physical that Juggernaut is going to do against Superman either. Supes is capable of absorbing any of Juggernaut's punches...without being moved...if Superman is ready for them. Kind of like that instance in the old X-Men cartoon when Juggernaut punched gladiator..and Glads didn't moved....Glads then chunked Juggernaut for several miles.

I know people say that Juggernaut can't be moved while going forward....but if anyone can do it...then Superman could. No one in comics has the kind of strength feats that he has...on a consistent basis...not Hulk, not Juggernaut, not anyone. It's just hard to fathom that a guy who can move moons or planets can not stop one guy from moving forward...regardless of whether Juggernaut's power is magically based or not.

This just came to mind....imagine a giant mountain...made completely of adamantium/vibranium....just like Captain America's shield. The mountain is several miles thick....can Juggernaut run through that...or will that stop his forward progress....he can't run up the mountain...he has to run through it

carver9
Well see thats different. You have to realize, speed is everything on this forum, and supes has it in spades. He can move at multiples the speed of light, Superman would in fact, be moving so fast, Juggernaut would appear to be frozen in time to Superman. Juggernaut would not even be able to perceive Superman.

I love Juggernaut, He is in my top 5 for favorite characters, I think I know a good deal of info about him.

Superman blitzs Jugges with a light-speed attacks, rips his helmet off, and Mind wipes him to death before juggernaut even realizes he was in the fight.

But if Current superman no longer has T-vo, things might change.

1st thing I wrote to a wizard magazine and asked them about superman speed and they said that he moves nowhere the speed of light and they asked me to look at wizard #158 and it will tell his speed (everyone needs to buy that book if they want to know anything about superman). Now I dont agree with the speed but its nowhere even close to the speed of light. Now tell me how superman is going to beat juggernaut if juggernaut comes to the battle with his force field up.

bigbran
1st thing I wrote to a wizard magazine and asked them about superman speed and they said that he moves nowhere the speed of light and they asked me to look at wizard #158 and it will tell his speed (everyone needs to buy that book if they want to know anything about superman). Now I dont agree with the speed but its nowhere even close to the speed of light. Now tell me how superman is going to beat juggernaut if juggernaut comes to the battle with his force field up. I think it would actually be better for people to go and read some Superman comics, before ever even attempting to know all his powers by Wizard....

Also...
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/786/cat11738dccfp9.jpg

charlemagne9746
Even if current Superman can't travel near the speed of light...he still travels far faster than Juggernaut will be able to react to. Pre-Crisis Supes did move at faster than light speeds.

carver9
Superman is far stronger than Juggernaut....and there is nothing physical that Juggernaut is going to do against Superman either. Supes is capable of absorbing any of Juggernaut's punches...without being moved...if Superman is ready for them. Kind of like that instance in the old X-Men cartoon when Juggernaut punched gladiator..and Glads didn't moved....Glads then chunked Juggernaut for several miles.

I know people say that Juggernaut can't be moved while going forward....but if anyone can do it...then Superman could. No one in comics has the kind of strength feats that he has...on a consistent basis...not Hulk, not Juggernaut, not anyone. It's just hard to fathom that a guy who can move moons or planets can not stop one guy from moving forward...regardless of whether Juggernaut's power is magically based or not.

This just came to mind....imagine a giant mountain...made completely of adamantium/vibranium....just like Captain America's shield. The mountain is several miles thick....can Juggernaut run through that...or will that stop his forward progress....he can't run up the mountain...he has to run through it

This sentence that you just wrote made me realize that you are a true superman fan and its pointless to argue with you. How in the hell is superman going to take a punch from someone who strength is unlimited, as stated here. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=596

Also look in the exile book where it gives you a explaination of the juggernaut powers, it will tell you the same thing about his strength.I dont even want to name everyone that superman has been punched by and bleed from the mouth and has been moved by that juggernaut surpass in strength, one example is sharpnel, another, captain atom. You know nothing of either character. Superman has bulge to almost every super strong person punch, even though i know that its pis, venom whipped his a**. If superman stands there and TRY to take all of juggernaut punches, it would be a repeat of the doomsday saga. Juggernaut has proved on many occasions to be as strong if not stronger than an enraged hulk and that same hulk was the one that tossed superman in space.

Like I said, it is pointless to argue with fans. Im just going to tell you that you won and I will find someone else to talk to about this because theres no point in trying to talk to you about any fights with superman. I bet you think that superman can beat a well written darkseid.

Apolloknight
1st thing I wrote to a wizard magazine and asked them about superman speed and they said that he moves nowhere the speed of light and they asked me to look at wizard #158 and it will tell his speed (everyone needs to buy that book if they want to know anything about superman). Now I dont agree with the speed but its nowhere even close to the speed of light. Now tell me how superman is going to beat juggernaut if juggernaut comes to the battle with his force field up.

Thats nice, you have to realize

Comic Evidence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bios, magazines, etc.

carver9
Even if current Superman can't travel near the speed of light...he still travels far faster than Juggernaut will be able to react to. Pre-Crisis Supes did move at faster than light speeds.

Ill agree with you on this one. Pre crisis did. Something else made me realize that superman didnt move that fast. If you look at the scene where both supes was trying to battle superboy prime and superboy prime stated that he will move at the speed of light and destroy oa. Superman exact words was this "how are we going to catch someone moving that fast" and superboy himself called them both slow and almost 40 gl's got killed before superman even showed up to try and stop superboy prime.

carver9
Thats nice, you have to realize

Comic Evidence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bios, magazines, etc.

fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>comics evidence
wizard knowledge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fans.

Apolloknight

What the f**k?

Validus
laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos

Did you just say that what Wizard says is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than what actually happes in comics?

charlemagne9746
This sentence that you just wrote made me realize that you are a true superman fan and its pointless to argue with you. How in the hell is superman going to take a punch from someone who strength is unlimited, as stated here. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=596

Also look in the exile book where it gives you a explaination of the juggernaut powers, it will tell you the same thing about his strength.I dont even want to name everyone that superman has been punched by and bleed from the mouth and has been moved by that juggernaut surpass in strength, one example is sharpnel, another, captain atom. You know nothing of either character. Superman has bulge to almost every super strong person punch, even though i know that its pis, venom whipped his a**. If superman stands there and TRY to take all of juggernaut punches, it would be a repeat of the doomsday saga. Juggernaut has proved on many occasions to be as strong if not stronger than an enraged hulk and that same hulk was the one that tossed superman in space.

Like I said, it is pointless to argue with fans. Im just going to tell you that you won and I will find someone else to talk to about this because theres no point in trying to talk to you about any fights with superman. I bet you think that superman can beat a well written darkseid.

I admit...I am a Superman fan...but not a fanatic. I know full well that Supes can't beat a well-written Darkseid...Superman shouldn't beat Darkseid at all. I just know that when it comes to just pure strength....DC heroes are overpowered...especially when it comes to pure strength. Juggernaut is no where near the level of Superman or Doomsday in the strength department.....he just isn't. It would even take Hulk a while to get mad enough to get into their category of strength.

In regards to Doomsday....DD is about as fast as Superman...of course he is going to land blows on him. Juggernaut can't match that kind of speed. The only one's in Marvel who can match Superman's kind of speed are herald level characters...Thor, Silver Surfer, etc....not Juggernaut.

Don't get me wrong...I like Juggernaut...I just know that he can't beat Superman....Superman has beaten far greater than him.

As far as this thread is concerned. I think Superman is capable of stopping Juggernaut if he goes all out. Even if Superman can't...there's nothing Juggernaut is going to do to Superman anyway....it would just be a long stalemate.

carver9
Did you just say that what Wizard says is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than what actually happes in comics?

Nope, Im saying that wizard has more knowledge than you all. Im also saying that superman written sometimes by other writers might portray a speed that he dont actually have. Same as writers writing spiderman beating firelord or wolverine cutting thanos or colossus during the secret wars surviving a blast that hulk couldnt even stand. Have you read the book superman for tomorrow.

Do you remember when equus was about to kill about 20 soldiers and superman was a corner away and tried to stop equus but he wasnt fast enough and they got killed, these was the exact word that was said by the narrator "But sometime being faster than a speed bullet is not fast enough." Now if superman can move faster than light, he shouldnt have had a problem stopping the bullets but he did. He didnt even catch one bullet (im actually looking at the comic now). Another example of his speed. Do you remember loius was held hostage on a boat and superman was traveling at high speed to come and save her, this is the narrator words "superman just created a sonic boom breaking the sound barrier, going his top speed to save a loved one, 2000 mps." Said the same thing in the flash superman race 2000 mps. Said the same thing in the wizard magazine 2000 mps.

carver9
Superman going the speed of light pis/cis and bad writing. He hasnt been able to do that for years.

carver9
I admit...I am a Superman fan...but not a fanatic. I know full well that Supes can't beat a well-written Darkseid...Superman shouldn't beat Darkseid at all. I just know that when it comes to just pure strength....DC heroes are overpowered...especially when it comes to pure strength. Juggernaut is no where near the level of Superman or Doomsday in the strength department.....he just isn't. It would even take Hulk a while to get mad enough to get into their category of strength.

In regards to Doomsday....DD is about as fast as Superman...of course he is going to land blows on him. Juggernaut can't match that kind of speed. The only one's in Marvel who can match Superman's kind of speed are herald level characters...Thor, Silver Surfer, etc....not Juggernaut.

Don't get me wrong...I like Juggernaut...I just know that he can't beat Superman....Superman has beaten far greater than him.

As far as this thread is concerned. I think Superman is capable of stopping Juggernaut if he goes all out. Even if Superman can't...there's nothing Juggernaut is going to do to Superman anyway....it would just be a long stalemate.

Is solom grundy faster than juggernaut because he hit superman. Equus didnt have super speed but landed licks off of superman. Superman dont fight like goku but he has speed. Juggernaut can take superman punches without moving or being harmed. I dont think that superman pack more power than thors hammer and juggernaut wasnt even fased when he was hit, he actually laughed at it. Now show me something that says that superman is stronger than the juggernaut, when it has been classified to many times that juggernaut strength is unlimited.

Juggernaut is a magic based being, I do think that his punches would have a impact on superman. Tell me something that juggernaut has struggle to lift. You cant name anything because juggernaut dont need to lift anything, he punch not lift. What being that juggernaut has punched that he didnt move or wasnt hurt, you cant name any.

charlemagne9746
Nope, Im saying that wizard has more knowledge than you all. Im also saying that superman written sometimes by other writers might portray a speed that he dont actually have. Same as writers writing spiderman beating firelord or wolverine cutting thanos or colossus during the secret wars surviving a blast that hulk couldnt even stand. Have you read the book superman for tomorrow.

Do you remember when equus was about to kill about 20 soldiers and superman was a corner away and tried to stop equus but he wasnt fast enough and they got killed, these was the exact word that was said by the narrator "But sometime being faster than a speed bullet is not fast enough." Now if superman can move faster than light, he shouldnt have had a problem stopping the bullets but he did. He didnt even catch one bullet (im actually looking at the comic now). Another example of his speed. Do you remember loius was held hostage on a boat and superman was traveling at high speed to come and save her, this is the narrator words "superman just created a sonic boom breaking the sound barrier, going his top speed to save a loved one, 2000 mps." Said the same thing in the flash superman race 2000 mps. Said the same thing in the wizard magazine 2000 mps.

If Superman can only travel 2000 mph....then it would take him around 5 1/2 years just to go take a sun dip...being the Sun is about 96 million miles away.....unless Superman is warping to the Sun by other means these days.

Another 5 1/2 years to come back to Earth....so Superman is gone from Earth for about 11 years...just for a sun bath

carver9
If Superman can only travel 2000 mph....then it would take him around 5 1/2 years just to go take a sun dip...being the Sun is about 96 million miles away.....unless Superman is warping to the Sun by other means these days.

Another 5 1/2 years to come back to Earth....so Superman is gone from Earth for about 11 years...just for a sun bath

Well since in space you dont have gravity pulling you down and slowing down any type of speed people seems to move a lot faster in space. Have you read speedsters bios where it gives the difference in speed on earth and in outer space. Space has no gravitational force to weigh you down, so yes he does get a huge speed increase. Im not arguing about that.

Symmetric Chaos
Nope, Im saying that wizard has more knowledge than you all.

You also said we were more knowledgeable than comics themselves.

You said Wizard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>comics

carver9
These are examples of the speed and space thing that I was talking about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(Shi'ar)

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gladiatorii.htm

carver9
You also said we were more knowledgeable than comics themselves.

You said Wizard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>comics

I was being sarcastic about that one.

Fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>comics

Fans always upgrade a character, thats why i did that.
Its like this imo
wizard>>>>>>>>>>>>comics>>>>>>>>>>>>>fans

Comics has made to many mistakes on characters. They seem to do a lot of up and down grades on characters.

bigbran
I was being sarcastic about that one.

Fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>comics

Fans always upgrade a character, thats why i did that.
Its like this imo
wizard>>>>>>>>>>>>comics>>>>>>>>>>>>>fans

Comics has made to many mistakes on characters. They seem to do a lot of up and down grades on characters. What the f**k?

carver9
What the f**k?

just my opinion and by the way, where do you be getting them crazy pictures from.

bigbran
just my opinion and by the way, where do you be getting them crazy pictures from. Internet...
Just search for something on Google, like:
"Funny cats" or something.

SpunkySmurph
Internet...
Just search for something on Google, like:
"Funny cats" or something. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/cathelmet.jpg

bigbran
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/cathelmet.jpg

313 That used to be my screensaver for a long time... now it's "hitler cat".
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8346/hitlercat29f9981ul9.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.