Whoa!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
all right gents --

this whole tourney thing got WWAAYYYYYYYY outta hand. seriously, i've been in this forum for a while now and NEVER saw anything like that before. i LIKE to think we are all a little better than that. erm

now, tp is TRYING to make a go of it. i for one have no problem making an attempt at getting this thing to work -- that was as fine a bunch of debaters as you're likely to see in ANY tournament, ever. i was ITCHING to get those matches started so i could match wits with some of you. smile

now, it took a bit of work, but rules are the same, all your work that went into picking suitable guys is STILL relevent. yes SOME characters have been banned. i tried to say unilateral banning is NOT a good idea, but, whatever. everyone should have back-ups anyway and the loss of one character should NOT mean you'll lose the tourney. not if you planned well and had suitable back-ups available.

standing on principle in a virtual arena like this over a . . . comic book character draft seems . . . a little silly. erm

once past the drafts, when you are challenging your opponent, everything will have seemed worthwhile -- or like a bad dream. as i said, i am willing to TRY and make this work, but it can't work if no one else is willing.

so, who's still in?

(c'mon, you know you WANT to take part, and after THAT pep talk, how could you not?! big grin )

grey fox
What happened ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
What happened ?

The whole Tourney fell apart

Newjak
Maybe just maybe I'll come back in hmm

Although theoretically I don't have a team to compete with.

Combat
What tourney ?

Soujaboy
I'm actually glad I decided not to touch this tourney. I knew from the get go it was destined to fail, especially after witnessing the "directors" bicker as they did. Guess I'll have to wait for the next herald lv tourney to test my wits against the vets of the forum. It's a shame this tourney wasn't planned well. erm

TricksterPriest
It's too late. BW, Bran and others split. I'm about ready to consider it dead. Devil lance ****ed this tournament by letting Engineer, Madison, and a few others in. Too much cheating and cap breaking this time. So I put it to rest like Ol' Yeller. But I vow to get one damn tournament hosted and finished.

So sorry guys. I will try again in a week or two. But I learned alot from my first attempt and next time I'll get some better help like Batdude, or Soljer, to advise me. erm

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I'm actually glad I decided not to touch this tourney. I knew from the get go it was destined to fail, especially after witnessing the "directors" bicker as they did. Guess I'll have to wait for the next herald lv tourney to test my wits against the vets of the forum. It's a shame this tourney wasn't planned well. erm

Yes I was also interested to pit my wits against the "vets" as I am sure none of them have ever asked or taken anybody elses advice on tournaments. shifty

-FO!!

Flame On!!
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Devil lance ****ed this tournament

Classy erm

-FO!!

Validus
It's over guys. It's over.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Classy erm

-FO!!

I agree. erm

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Validus
Ageed!

-FO!!

Soujaboy

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

ExodusCloak
In all honesty I don't believe any particular individual is/was to blame. I think the main problem was there were too many cooks. Too many voices, everyone was giving their two cents obviously some(namely myself) with an ulterior motive. But I assure you I don't think I was the only one.
Thing is you can't expect one individual to uphold all these rules when everyones trying to "expand" them in order to build the best team. DL was constantly pressurised/subtly coerced into altering rules for the "greater good" of the tourney. I mean of all contestants I have to say the Illuminati AMC(Smiszache didn't get to choose their team so I won't comment on their choices) were probably the only team to play "fair". Donald Pierce and the Invisible Women IMO were the right choices for a Classic Ironman level tourney given the rules etc. The other drafts IMO were bordering iffy.
Thing is we all knew it was a Classic Ironman level tourney and the caps eg. Dr Light cap acted like a loophole allowing for certain non-classic ironmanesque combatants to be drafted.

Oh well it happens, my first tourney...I think it's a sign. no expression

Anyway at least leo never got to use his Mandarin/Ironman spooning feat. stick out tongue

Nataku8188
To run a tournament well you have to have a good solid game plan and enough time to run everything well. Devillance had neither.

Validus
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Indeed.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8039/cryingrv7.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's too late. BW, Bran and others split. I'm about ready to consider it dead. Devil lance ****ed this tournament by letting Engineer, Madison, and a few others in. Too much cheating and cap breaking this time. So I put it to rest like Ol' Yeller. But I vow to get one damn tournament hosted and finished.

So sorry guys. I will try again in a week or two. But I learned alot from my first attempt and next time I'll get some better help like Batdude, or Soljer, to advise me. erm

Give me 2-3 months and I can enter the Tourney , I'm just SWAMPED with work. I'm honestly considering punching my boss in the jaw if he drops anymore on me....

Soujaboy
Originally posted by grey fox
Give me 2-3 months and I can enter the Tourney , I'm just SWAMPED with work. I'm honestly considering punching my boss in the jaw if he drops anymore on me....

laughing

Flame On!!
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
In all honesty I don't believe any particular individual is/was to blame.

I agree and some social skills from Trickster Preist next time. DL was meant to be his pal.

erm

-FO

Validus
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
In all honesty I don't believe any particular individual is/was to blame. I think the main problem was there were too many cooks. Too many voices, everyone was giving their two cents obviously some(namely myself) with an ulterior motive. But I assure you I don't think I was the only one.
Thing is you can't expect one individual to uphold all these rules when everyones trying to "expand" them in order to build the best team. DL was constantly pressurised/subtly coerced into altering rules for the "greater good" of the tourney. I mean of all contestants I have to say the Illuminati AMC(Smiszache didn't get to choose their team so I won't comment on their choices) were probably the only team to play "fair". Donald Pierce and the Invisible Women IMO were the right choices for a Classic Ironman level tourney given the rules etc. The other drafts IMO were bordering iffy.
Thing is we all knew it was a Classic Ironman level tourney and the caps eg. Dr Light cap acted like a loophole allowing for certain non-classic ironmanesque combatants to be drafted.

Oh well it happens, my first tourney...I think it's a sign. no expression

Anyway at least leo never got to use his Mandarin/Ironman spooning feat. stick out tongue
I know whats it like to be in charge of running drafts and deciding what characters are in or out. It's a total pain in the ass having everyone complain to you about such and such character being too strong so I know how DL feels and I empathize with him. Eventually got to the point where I was turning down any character that you even felt the need to question me about.

Still, sucks this tourney had to go down the tubes. Like leo said, there was a lot of "talent" so to speak on all the teams.

Soujaboy
Indeed.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8039/cryingrv7.jpg

I think that would be the response to this...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/kratos.jpg

DigiMark007
TricksterPriest (and others) need to look in the mirror for a second.

A. If you voluntarily give up control of the tourney, but still feel entitled to "take it over" as soon as you saw fit, thus compromising the tourney, something's wrong.
B. Instead of figuring out draft picks via rational complaints, we jumped to conclusions, PO'd a director who was trying his best, and tried to institute new rules.
C. DL was never once derogatory toward someone. Ever. I don't care whether or not you agree with his decisions, he kept things respectful. A lot of people can't say the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned, the only "wrong" thing he did was allow Angie. But in the scheme of things, it's a small mistake. The rest of us, on the other hand, took to bickering, name-calling, and all manner of negative input.

For a tourney to happen at this point, I'll need evidence that it will be kept civil and that there will be a distinct plan that won't waver. Otherwise, it's done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.