Magnus (Robot Fighter) Vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flame On!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus,_Robot_Fighter

Magnus is a high street level, low mid tier character in power. Think of him as Luke Cage with Shang Chis skills.

-FO!!

Donkey Punch
Trying to highlight everyones inept taste in comics again, I presume ? smile

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Trying to highlight everyones inept taste in comics again, I presume ? smile

Well..... erm Yes! Yes of course I am. smile

That and the lack of comics knowledge most of them have.

smile

-FO!!

Sabretooth
Even though Magnus was able to hang with a Predator for a few issues, I would still probably give the edge to Wolverine because of his healing factor. I don't think Magnus can inflict damage as fast as Wolverine heals.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Sabretooth
Even though Magnus was able to hang with a Predator for a few issues, I would still probably give the edge to Wolverine because of his healing factor. I don't think Magnus can inflict damage as fast as Wolverine heals.

Magnus can smash Robots with a single blow.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/magrob1.jpg The Magnus in the crossover and the crossover with Image was a pale version compared to the Magnus of his usual title.

-FO!!

Sabretooth
I agree. He and X-O Manowar were easily Valiant's best titles. The Robots weren't made of Adamantium though. Wolverine damages Magnus easier than Magnus damages Wolverine. Simple math.

Flame On!!
I agree. He and X-O Manowar were easily Valiant's best titles. The Robots weren't made of Adamantium though. Wolverine damages Magnus easier than Magnus damages Wolverine. Simple math.

I don't know he can put his hand straight through Flesh. It's only the skeleton that is really hard to damage with Wolverine. I like pretty much all Valiants titles, in fact my faves were Archer and Armstrong and the Eternal Warrior, You're right though both XO and Magnus were very good, but then so was almost the entire Valiant output. At least till Shooter left. erm

-FO!!

Sabretooth
Originally posted by Flame On!!
I don't know he can put his hand straight through Flesh. It's only the skeleton that is really hard to damage with Wolverine. I like pretty much all Valiants titles, in fact my faves were Archer and Armstrong and the Eternal Warrior, You're right though both XO and Magnus were very good, but then so was almost the entire Valiant output. At least till Shooter left. erm

-FO!!

I knew Valiant wasn't going to last. Not with Marvel and DC doing their thing and Image coming on strong back then. The comic shelves just aren't big enough for everybody's titles. Bummer too. I liked most of Valiant's titles, except for Bloodshot. That type of character was done to death by everybody else already.

Okay. Back to the fight:

Magnus isn't breaking any of Wolverine's limbs. Wolverine is capable of cutting Magnus' limbs off. Wolverine's ribs also cover his vitals. Not perfectly, but Wolverine's major organs have far more protection than Magnus' organs do. Wolverine's skull is better than almost any helmet you are going to find in comicdom. Magnus' head has NO protection. Wolverine wins this.

Flame On!!
I knew Valiant wasn't going to last. Not with Marvel and DC doing their thing and Image coming on strong back then. The comic shelves just aren't big enough for everybody's titles. Bummer too. I liked most of Valiant's titles, except for Bloodshot. That type of character was done to death by everybody else already.

Okay. Back to the fight:

Magnus isn't breaking any of Wolverine's limbs. Wolverine is capable of cutting Magnus' limbs off. Wolverine's ribs also cover his vitals. Not perfectly, but Wolverine's major organs have far more protection than Magnus' organs do. Wolverine's skull is better than almost any helmet you are going to find in comicdom. Magnus' head has NO protection. Wolverine wins this.

I look at the problems Wolvie has with Martial artists and I think we have here a Shang Chi level martial artist with Powerman level strength and midnighter level reaction time. I don't think it's that easy.

Did you read any of the Eclipse stuff at the time? Some of it was very good indeed!

-FO!!

Sabretooth
I look at the problems Wolvie has with Martial artists and I think we have here a Shang Chi level martial artist with Powerman level strength and midnighter level reaction time. I don't think it's that easy.

Did you read any of the Eclipse stuff at the time? Some of it was very good indeed!

-FO!!

Hell no it won't be easy. Magnus is a badass. Wolverine is considered one of the best martial artists on Marvel Earth though. Wolverine absorbs damage better and inflicts damage as good, if not a bit better than Magnus. The one place Magnus has Wolvie beaten is speed, but Wolverine has some impressive speed feats as well. So I don't think it is that much of an advantage. Wolverine has too much going in his favor to lose this one.

No. I didn't get a chance to read any Eclipse stuff. Between every mutant-related Marvel title (GOD there was a ton, not to mention the holo-covers and every other attempt to get me to but more then one copy), a few DC titles, a few Image titles, and a few Valiant titles, I was pretty damn broke at the end of the month.

Flame On!!
Hell no it won't be easy. Magnus is a badass. Wolverine is considered one of the best martial artists on Marvel Earth though. Wolverine absorbs damage better and inflicts damage as good, if not a bit better than Magnus. The one place Magnus has Wolvie beaten is speed, but Wolverine has some impressive speed feats as well. So I don't think it is that much of an advantage. Wolverine has too much going in his favor to lose this one.

No. I didn't get a chance to read any Eclipse stuff. Between every mutant-related Marvel title (GOD there was a ton, not to mention the holo-covers and every other attempt to get me to but more then one copy), a few DC titles, a few Image titles, and a few Valiant titles, I was pretty damn broke at the end of the month.

I can understand the being broke part at that time. Even I was young then. I think Magnus is stronger as well as faster. As for the best Martial arts in Marvel bit erm I know what you're saying but......

Shang Chi gave him a hard time. Iron Fist gace him a hard time without using the Iron Fist etc..... With his advantages if he really was that skilled. Well you're a bright guy from what i've seen so you have to get the point. It would be a close fight though I agree.

-FO!!

Sabretooth
I can understand the being broke part at that time. Even I was young then. I think Magnus is stronger as well as faster. As for the best Martial arts in Marvel bit erm I know what you're saying but......

Shang Chi gave him a hard time. Iron Fist gace him a hard time without using the Iron Fist etc..... With his advantages if he really was that skilled. Well you're a bright guy from what i've seen so you have to get the point. It would be a close fight though I agree.

-FO!!

I do see your point but look how easily Wolverine tears through multiple members of the Hand or accomplished martial artists like Razor-Fist (not Shang Chi level, but he was a Shang Chi villain and Wolverine rolled over him like he was nothing) or the Silver Samurai or Yukio. The whole "best martial artist" thing isn't my opinion. I have seen it on several bios of Wolverine's. Yes he's over-powered and it ruined the character, but he is still very powerful whether I like it or not.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Though I'm a bit depressed now. Stupid growing up...

Flame On!!
I do see your point but look how easily Wolverine tears through multiple members of the Hand or accomplished martial artists like Razor-Fist (not Shang Chi level, but he was a Shang Chi villain and Wolverine rolled over him like he was nothing) or the Silver Samurai or Yukio. The whole "best martial artist" thing isn't my opinion. I have seen it on several bios of Wolverine's. Yes he's over-powered and it ruined the character, but he is still very powerful whether I like it or not.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Though I'm a bit depressed now. Stupid growing up...

I've always liked Wolverine. I just have never bought into his Martial arts expertise. For every decent showing like the Silver Samurai, we have Cable or Nick Fury giving him trouble.

-FO!!

Sabretooth
I've always liked Wolverine. I just have never bought into his Martial arts expertise. For every decent showing like the Silver Samurai, we have Cable or Nick Fury giving him trouble.

-FO!!

I buy it because of the Weapon X training that supposedly made Logan in to one ridiculously skilled killing machine. Wolverine would destroy Cable hand-to-hand. I hate using the "PIS" term because people throw it around here to argue against anything they don't agree with, but Wolverine would own Cable if he didn't use his powers. It's just too hard to argue one of Wolverine's showings against the other. There have been far too many authors either hugging Wolvie's nuts too tight or having characters beat him to give them instant credibility. Several of the top characters have to deal with this. Hulk, Superman, etc...

Too bad Wolverine didn't live in Sin City. With only one author writing the stories, his power level would stay consistent and be easier to debate. Even Magnus had crap writing and his comic life was a fraction of Wolverine's.

Flame On!!
I buy it because of the Weapon X training that supposedly made Logan in to one ridiculously skilled killing machine. Wolverine would destroy Cable hand-to-hand. I hate using the "PIS" term because people throw it around here to argue against anything they don't agree with, but Wolverine would own Cable if he didn't use his powers. It's just too hard to argue one of Wolverine's showings against the other. There have been far too many authors either hugging Wolvie's nuts too tight or having characters beat him to give them instant credibility. Several of the top characters have to deal with this. Hulk, Superman, etc...

Too bad Wolverine didn't live in Sin City. With only one author writing the stories, his power level would stay consistent and be easier to debate. Even Magnus had crap writing and his comic life was a fraction of Wolverine's.

Oh yes I agree Wolverine often gets a raw deal..... I don't think his martial arts skills match Magnus though. I mean even Cyclops has matched him hand to hand. (Only winding you up on that one).

-FO!!

Sabretooth
Oh yes I agree Wolverine often gets a raw deal..... I don't think his martial arts skills match Magnus though. I mean even Cyclops has matched him hand to hand. (Only winding you up on that one).

-FO!!

Dick.

You're right, Wolverine's skill isn't as good as Magnus, but it doesn't have to be with Wolvie's powers added to the mix. And Wolverine guts Cyclops in hand-to-hand you abusive person.

Flame On!!

Dick.

You're right, Wolverine's skill isn't as good as Magnus, but it doesn't have to be with Wolvie's powers added to the mix. And Wolverine guts Cyclops in hand-to-hand you abusive person.

laughing out loud I still say Magnus is stronger and faster as well. So i'm yet to be convinced. Wolverine has greater longterm durability. erm I don't know Sabretooth my friend. As far as Wolverine is concerned I am a fan. I loved a lot of the seventies and eighties stuff.

-FO!!

Sabretooth
laughing out loud I still say Magnus is stronger and faster as well. So i'm yet to be convinced. Wolverine has greater longterm durability. erm I don't know Sabretooth my friend. As far as Wolverine is concerned I am a fan. I loved a lot of the seventies and eighties stuff.

-FO!!

Stronger yes, but Wolverine can cut through anything Magnus can punch through, so strength is as much of a factor in my opinion. I too think Wolverine's best days were in the eighties. Back when he had enough weaknesses to keep his character interesting.

Flame On!!
Stronger yes, but Wolverine can cut through anything Magnus can punch through, so strength is as much of a factor in my opinion. I too think Wolverine's best days were in the eighties. Back when he had enough weaknesses to keep his character interesting.

I loved Wolverine Vs. the Hellfire club when the others were captured probably best of all the Xmen stories he starred in.

-FO!!

Sabretooth
I loved Wolverine Vs. the Hellfire club when the others were captured probably best of all the Xmen stories he starred in.

-FO!!

Mine was probably the Brood World series. Wolverine was so badass and gritty. I even learned some appreciation for Cyclop's power in his fight with Wolverine in those issues.

Flame On!!
Mine was probably the Brood World series. Wolverine was so badass and gritty. I even learned some appreciation for Cyclop's power in his fight with Wolverine in those issues.

Yes that was a good arc as well.

-FO!!

Kazenji
I liked most of Valiant's titles, except for Bloodshot. That type of character was done to death by everybody else already.

I liked Shadowman and Ninjak was allright even if it was kinda a batman rip-off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.