The Maelstrom Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nataku8188
Prepare for chaos.

This is not a tournament for the ill-informed. This is a tournament meant for only the most hardcore, diehard comic fanatics. If you only know one character, don't bother entering, you won't win.

The rules are very simple.

Contestants:

8 teams

Each team on KMC will elect 3 members to represent them. One group from each team, that is -ALL- that will be allowed. If you have 8 guys from, say, GLC that want to compete, ya'll had best vote on your 3 best.

The general populace of KMC will also be able to select *ANY* 3 members (That aren't already representing a team, but may still be on a team) to represent them, if they cannot do so in an orderly fashion, *I* will select who I feel are the best 3 members to represent the general populace.

If only 5 actual teams select members to participate, I will fill the other slots with general populace teams.

If you are upset because your team is very large, don't worry, it's not going to be 'X member, Y member, Z member vs A,B,C members', it's 'GLC vs Illuminati' and whatever roster of the current team will be posted. ONLY the three members chosen to represent the team may post.

Characters:

Each team will choose 3 characters to represent them. One Herald level, one Iron-man level, and one street level. E

Battlegrounds:

Each team will choose 1 home field to battle on, this must be a VERY specific place, such as Times Square, The Danger Room, Ontop of the Daily Bugle, The Jungles of the Savage Lands, etc.

Format:

Double-elimination. Your first lost puts you in the loser bracket, your second lose kicks you out of the tournament.

The kicker:

Expect the unexpected. Know your enemy. If you enter this tournament, prepare for things to happen that you are not prepared for (Makes sense, don't it) Be ready to debate fights you did not see coming, be ready to use characters you know nothing about, be ready for everything. Bring your A-Game, because baby, this is going to test it.

Matches:

Each match will begin roughly at 12 noon central time. They will last approximately 56 hours later, at 10 PM central time two days later. There is no guarantee on the length of a match. The tournament officials will do our best to keep it on time though. There will *ALWAYS* be a 48 minimum and 72 hour maximum on match lengths.

Sign-ups:

As of right now you all have until 1900 April 1st 2007 to form your teams. If all the teams are ready BEFORE then, we will begin earlier. When all teams have been formed I will begin the draft sequence.

Judges:

There will be 5 judges. Until the tournament starts, only they will know who they are.

Leave any questions here so I may answer them.

TricksterPriest
can you extend the deadline abit? We're all kind of burned out from the last tournament bombing. erm

illadelph12
I had a similar idea for a tournament I would host but I saw this thread and I think I can work with you. If you'd like a judge/colleague I'm at your disposal. I'll PM you with my ideas in a moment.

Nataku8188
I reserve the right to make any and all decisions for who is and isn't within the power levels. I reserve the right to disqualify any member at any time for a reasonable attempt to cheat. I reserve the right to deny entry to anyone who argues with my decisions. If you want to participate, you deal with the rules I put up, period, end of story.

Not to say you can't talk to me about something, but do not spam threads with "THATS SO UNFAIR!""ZOMG!" etc. Keep it to PMs.

King Kandy
Another F*cking team tourny...

Nataku8188
Read the rules, every member on KMC has a chance to participate.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
Call me crazy but I think KMC could use a break from tourneys for a while...

No offense....but cosigned

Nataku8188
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No offense....but cosigned

There is ALWAYS someone who wants to enter a tournament. If you don't feel like participating, don't worry about it.

DigiMark007
I'm not opposed to it, I just call it like I see it....with the time of year, and recent events, it'll just be hard for you. Not trying to hate....just being honest.

bigbran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
can you extend the deadline abit? We're all kind of burned out from the last tournament bombing. erm Ya... I think you should be the most burned out... after all you did bomb that b*tch like no one's business.

Validus
crylaugh

Nataku8188
If you don't have any actual questions, please take it to the off-topic thread.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya... I think you should be the most burned out... after all you did bomb that b*tch like no one's business.

Must not laugh....Must not laugh.......

Dammit laughing

-FO!!

thumb up

batdude123
Ya... I think you should be the most burned out... after all you did bomb that b*tch like no one's business.

Look everybody!!! Bran made a funny!!!

Flame On!!
Originally posted by batdude123
Look everybody!!! Bran made a funny!!!

Yes it was very odd wasn't it erm

smile

-FO!!

batdude123
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Yes it was very odd wasn't it erm

smile

-FO!!

Very uncharacteristic of him. smile

SpunkySmurph

Indeed.

As for this tourney, I'm predicting my herald level character will need to be capable of major collateral damage.

Dibs on Trickster.

TricksterPriest
You want me on your team? eek! Wow, thanks Smurf. big grin

Edit: Wait, is that a veiled insult? miffed

batdude123

Edit: Wait, is that a veiled insult? miffed

You are SO quick on the uptake, aren't you?

SpunkySmurph

Edit: Wait, is that a veiled insult? miffed Insult? Never. Believe me, I know, you type like it's Aunt May back from the dead sitting at your keyboard, but I have witnessed personally, that when you get going, any posters or ironman-level-inter-team-tourneys better watch out.

As recently demonstrated.

whistling

TricksterPriest
I deserved that. But I am an impulsive little bastard. angel stick out tongue

Edit: Ok, even I have to admit that was a good zinger. thumb up props Smurf, props. I am sooooooo gonna beat your ass next tournament.

Nataku8188
Please stop spamming this thread. If you do not have a question about the tournament, bring it to a different thread. Thank you.

Faceman
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Please stop spamming this thread. If you do not have a question about the tournament, bring it to a different thread. Thank you. k, I'm game. How do i register?

Nataku8188
If you are a member of a KMC team, convince them to allow you to be one of your team's representatives.

If you are a normal member of KMC, send me a PM and I'll put you on the list of regular KMC members interested in joining and will put you up for vote vs all the other regular KMC applicants. The top 3 make the first team, the next 3 make the next team, etc.

Nataku8188
Bump

Faceman
Originally posted by Nataku8188
If you are a member of a KMC team, convince them to allow you to be one of your team's representatives.

If you are a normal member of KMC, send me a PM and I'll put you on the list of regular KMC members interested in joining and will put you up for vote vs all the other regular KMC applicants. The top 3 make the first team, the next 3 make the next team, etc. Ok put me on the list of the NORMAL kmc members.. eek!

Nataku8188
Can do.

Flame On!!
Lol this thread sucks smile

-FO!!

SpunkySmurph
I would join... but I'm away from the 1st to the 12th-13th, so I would probably be missing for the drafts, and I wouldn't want that.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I would join... but I'm away from the 1st to the 12th-13th, so I would probably be missing for the drafts, and I wouldn't want that.

Have your teamates do the drafts :-p

BooBoo Bear
Put the Bears down......eek!

I mean for your tournament. Ranger Smith and I will take part.

-Booboo

Flame On!!
Originally posted by BooBoo Bear

-Booboo

Socks!!

-FO!!

Nataku8188
Originally posted by BooBoo Bear

-Booboo

Roger that.

Nataku8188
Bump

Nataku8188
Bump

Nataku8188
Bump.

Nataku8188
sign-up deadline will be extended another weak to April 8th.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.