Bad breath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oncewhite
:?

If someone has bad breath, it may not be related to dental hygiene, such as regular flossing, brushing (at 45 deg, not 90 degrees), and visists to the dentist to prevent gum disease.

The cause of bad breath maybe coming from the digestive track, maybe even the colon.

If you have someone in your life that you love or like a lot, and they have trouble with this embarrassing issue, two things may help, maybe three, assuming that dental hygiene is routine. The two things are cinnamon and ginger, mix the two together in milk or water and drink it in the morning and night. The amount to mix depends, maybe a tablespoon of each. These two spices can effect the other parts of the body, so ask your health care professional about it before you try it.

The reason why they work is on a multi-level or dynamic chemical attributes, these attributes work b/c they are anti-microbial and ginger is an anti-flammatory agent. So, if someone has too much mucus build up, and you will notice this too (in their congestion and always having "cold" fluid), AND they have bad breath all the time, it maybe b/c the food is just sitting their in the stomach, and needs some ginger to help bring it out or get the juices flowing in the stomach to push it out into the colon, if it's the colon, then maybe aloe vera juice will help break up the colon build up, therefore, their breath won't smell like shit anymore, excuse the pun. According to Chinese practices, the actual type of phlegm has a lot to do with the type of issues going on in the body and is related to the lymph node, as it passes through the entire body, not sure if this is right, but, there is a difference b/t dry and heavy watery phlegm..both of which reacts to ginger, the cinnamon is good for insulin.

So, don't despair if you have a sibling, parent, or boyfriend or girlfriend, or spouse with bad breath, even though they have tried everything, there maybe two simple spices to fix that up for you (them).

smile

lord xyz
Worth a try.

Kinneary
What was the point of this again?

Soleran
Originally posted by Kinneary

Not really sure but it was an interesting read, to me at least.

Oncewhite

...that ginger and cinnamon can help fight bad breath, and bad breath may not be related to poor dental hygiene, it maybe related to stagnant food in the stomach (poor digestion) or colon clog (being full of shit)..., and if it's the colon, use aloe vera, if it's the stomach, take more ginger (in powder form) and cinnamon.

Kinneary
And how is this relevant to anything? Are we supposed to conversate about it? What prompted it?

Oncewhite
And how is this relevant to anything? Are we supposed to conversate about it? What prompted it?

I did research on some spices (I do a lot of research on herbs and spices) and found information on it, and felt it could be helpful, as this is an issue that people shy away from, even if they are suffering from it.

How does one have a conversation about this...hum...you can refute the information, make jokes of it, tell us that it's a stupid idea or not scientific enough, or you can tell a friend with bad breath.

I bet some folks brush their teeth at 90 deg, when it's really 45 deg, think of when you are scrubbing a pot or pan, let's say you need to use a knife to scrap the pan, if you hold it at 45 deg, you can get the stuff off the pan, that's like plack, it's hard to get off, so holding the brush at about 45 deg is better then at 90, and better for the gums at 45 deg (to get some stuff away from the gums, that's harder to do at 90 deg).

Kinneary
I'm a dental tech. This isn't new information. I just don't see why it's posted here.

Soleran
I'm a dental tech. This isn't new information. I just don't see why it's posted here.

I was interested to get your take on that Kinneary knowing what you do.

Kinneary
It's pretty much accurate. A lot of people use ginger and licorice to combat bad breath (when it's an intestinal issue). It's by no means a cure-all, but it can help.

Oncewhite

And as a dental tech, how many patients actually KNOW this? As your profession, YOU know it and see it everyday, but I guess that if you had a census, you'd get 30% of dental patients who actually practice this stuff on a daily basis. And to the patients who have bad breath, they are probably too embarrassed to admit it (even though it's probably very obvious) and if it's not related to the gums, they are probably very confused about this, and maybe chew gum all the time to mask the effects, and we all know the health benefits for chewing gum, it's not the best for the teeth, when the real trouble could be digestion or the colon.

And no, I don't own stock in a cinnamon or ginger farm.

Kinneary
So post this on a dental forum if you want to help the uninformed. If your intention is to help the masses, this is a pretty poor medium to do it on (a movie forum).

I think you just wanted to throw out information that isn't commonly known to make yourself sound intelligent. But that's just my opinion.

Oncewhite
It's pretty much accurate. A lot of people use ginger and licorice to combat bad breath (when it's an intestinal issue). It's by no means a cure-all, but it can help.

Yes, but licorice isn't always good for men, as it does have estrogen producing issues (will cause a guy to lose his sexual desire, at least, that is what is reported), plus, licorice can raise the blood pressure, and cause fluid retention. The fluid retention is really going to be bad for women who are concerned about every inch of weight on their body. Licorice is good b/c it has good qualities for such things as bad breath, but like with all things in this world, it can have an effect on other parts of the body, so please don't go out and eat a whole bag of licorice.

Oncewhite
So post this on a dental forum if you want to help the uninformed. If your intention is to help the masses, this is a pretty poor medium to do it on (a movie forum).

I think you just wanted to throw out information that isn't commonly known to make yourself sound intelligent. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't know we had a dental forum. And this is the General Discussion, why not tell everyone that their posts are stupid and they want to sound intelligent...seems like you are upset b/c you didn't think of it first.

Kinneary
Many fixes are just temporary, and don't necessarily have long term benefits. In order to truly diagnose the problem, which could be dry mouth or even gum disease, you need to see a dentist, probably a periodontist. Most bad breath originates in the mouth from bacteria, so telling someone that they can fix their breath by eating ginger is, well, idiotic.

Like I said, these are not cure-alls. If you're concerned about your breath, you should see a dentist. Not listen to the advice of someone without proper education on a movie forum.

Oncewhite
Many fixes are just temporary, and don't necessarily have long term benefits. In order to truly diagnose the problem, which could be dry mouth or even gum disease, you need to see a dentist, probably a periodontist. Most bad breath originates in the mouth from bacteria, so telling someone that they can fix their breath by eating ginger is, well, idiotic.

Like I said, these are not cure-alls. If you're concerned about your breath, you should see a dentist. Not listen to the advice of someone without proper education on a movie forum.

Well, I did give you something to talk about, but didn't exactly desire the mud sling, good thing I know how to maneuver around it.

Capt_Fantastic
I've got a pretty solid method for judging someone's breath. If it stinks, they're nasty and I need to get away from them.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I've got a pretty solid method for judging someone's breath. If it stinks, they're nasty and I need to get away from them.

Ok, that's great to know.

That also means that if anyone is in trouble in life, you would never help them, which means, you could be the one with bad breath that everyone avoids, you never know.

Oncewhite

why do you worship the negative outcome in things, seems like this could be a postive thread, but some folks seem to spoil anything positive, it's like positive things repulse them or something...

Magee
internet forum, no one cares.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by Magee
internet forum, no one cares.

Well, I suppose some did, that's why they read it in the first place.

Moreover, I can understand using smell as a way to tell the character of someone or something or a food or drink, HOWEVER, when all of the basic things are taken care of, PERHAPS there is another reason, and that other reason is what I found when doing research on those two spices, it's the same as when I found info on licorice and estrogen, I started a thread on the subject, as I thought it was pretty interesting and would be interesting to see what others think on the subject.

I could be wrong, but I just figure if someone is that dismissive about something very embarrassing, more then likely, they are not a problem solver. This is the same kind of a person who would see a 4th grader struggling with reading in class, and assume that kid is stupid (which is very embarrassing, and would leave that person in their state of embarrassment, as they don't realize they are stupid or if they are told it, just like if someone is told they have bad breath, they may not have enough information on how to overcome being stupid or having bad breath, so someone like him would just leave a person in the state of their embarrassment), when I would look deeper and maybe ask for an eye exam, two different approaches to solving a problem, the first, is dismissive and never SOLVES anything but ego stroking, the second may get to the root of the matter.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Oncewhite
why do you worship the negative outcome in things, seems like this could be a postive thread, but some folks seem to spoil anything positive, it's like positive things repulse them or something...

Thanks for the advice. Keeping with it, I'll take the world so seriously that I off myself. Please, it's a thread about bad breathe. Do you honestly think you're going to change the world because of it?

Oncewhite
Thanks for the advice. Keeping with it, I'll take the world so seriously that I off myself. Please, it's a thread about bad breathe. Do you honestly think you're going to change the world because of it?

It's a thread about CURING bad breath, the title was just to capture the attention, the info in what's more important, and out of all the threads we create, about gays, or politics, or conspiracy theories, or the dark occult (vamps, ect.), are we really changing the world, not really, but we are more knowledgable via entertainment.

WrathfulDwarf
Many ways to cure bad breath.

A. Brush your bloody teeth.

B. Use Mouth Wash.

C. Use dental Floss.

D. Chew some breath mints.

E. Suck a Lemon (a personal favorite)

Keep yourself clean....you never know when you might kiss a pretty woman.

Oncewhite
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

B. Use Mouth Wash.

C. Use dental Floss.

A-C is common sense, however, the purpose of the thread is to give evidence of cures for bad breath NOT RELATED to good hygiene, good hygiene is a GIVEN.

D causes tooth decay

E can cause the enamual or coating on your teeth to degrade

debbiejo
Parsley is put on your plate for a reason. It's not just for decoration roll eyes (sarcastic)

WrathfulDwarf
Deb is back. blink

debbiejo
The voices told me to come back and I am one to obey! happy

Devil King
Originally posted by debbiejo
Parsley is put on your plate for a reason. It's not just for decoration roll eyes (sarcastic)

Indeed. My Grandmother taught me that it wasn't simply a garnish. It halps bad breathe in many ways. Apparently most importantly because it effects bad breathe.

chinmoya
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
:?

If someone has bad breath, it may not be related to dental hygiene, such as regular flossing, brushing (at 45 deg, not 90 degrees), and visists to the dentist to prevent gum disease.

The cause of bad breath maybe coming from the digestive track, maybe even the colon.

If you have someone in your life that you love or like a lot, and they have trouble with this embarrassing issue, two things may help, maybe three, assuming that dental hygiene is routine. The two things are cinnamon and ginger, mix the two together in milk or water and drink it in the morning and night. The amount to mix depends, maybe a tablespoon of each. These two spices can effect the other parts of the body, so ask your health care professional about it before you try it.

The reason why they work is on a multi-level or dynamic chemical attributes, these attributes work b/c they are anti-microbial and ginger is an anti-flammatory agent. So, if someone has too much mucus build up, and you will notice this too (in their congestion and always having "cold" fluid), AND they have bad breath all the time, it maybe b/c the food is just sitting their in the stomach, and needs some ginger to help bring it out or get the juices flowing in the stomach to push it out into the colon, if it's the colon, then maybe aloe vera juice will help break up the colon build up, therefore, their breath won't smell like shit anymore, excuse the pun. According to Chinese practices, the actual type of phlegm has a lot to do with the type of issues going on in the body and is related to the lymph node, as it passes through the entire body, not sure if this is right, but, there is a difference b/t dry and heavy watery phlegm..both of which reacts to ginger, the cinnamon is good for insulin.

So, don't despair if you have a sibling, parent, or boyfriend or girlfriend, or spouse with bad breath, even though they have tried everything, there maybe two simple spices to fix that up for you (them).

smile

Ignore the negative comments. I certainly appreciate your thoughts and generosity. Bad breath is one of my arch-enemies, so to speak, so I am gonna try out some of your tips and see if it makes any difference. Thanks a lot. smile

Lord Lucien
That member has been banned for almost 5 years.

Laurie
Originally posted by chinmoya
Ignore the negative comments.

Quite. Well said! If as LL says, Kinneary was banned five years ago, one can see why.

The other thing that wasn't mentioned, but could cause bad breath is, of course, catarrh.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Laurie
Quite. Well said! If as LL says, Kinneary was banned five years ago, one can see why.

The other thing that wasn't mentioned, but could cause bad breath is, of course, catarrh.

It was Czarina that he was talking about.

Laurie
Originally posted by dadudemon
It was Czarina that he was talking about.

Oh, right. Thanks for pointing that out, it's been a while since I was here at KMC.

In that case, as someone said, the thread was posted in the general topics forum. The fact that it ran into two pages shows that some found it interesting.

smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Laurie
Oh, right. Thanks for pointing that out, it's been a while since I was here at KMC.

In that case, as someone said, the thread was posted in the general topics forum. The fact that it ran into two pages shows that some found it interesting.

smile

No prob. I don't remember you...or maybe I do. And, yes, I liked the helpful tips in this thread. I have some internet researching to doooooo!!!! big grin

Laurie
No prob. I don't remember you...or maybe I do. And, yes, I liked the helpful tips in this thread. I have some internet researching to doooooo!!!! big grin

lol. wink

Astner
Originally posted by WanderingDroid

B. Use Mouth Wash.

C. Use dental Floss.

Or the best advice yet: drink a lot of water regularly.

To mask your breath behind mint and citrus fruits is like using air freshener rather than opening the bathroom window.

Robtard
You have to do that a lot, huh.

shiv
was in a carriage with a blonde woman with terrible breath.

Fecal bad breath.

It was horrific.

I don't know off hand if its possible to kill the bacteria cultures which cause that condition but Garlic is a powerful bactericide. Smells awful but its better to constantly smell of garlic than to constantly smell of ....

As the op said ginger does a lot of other stuff besides being a superb anti - inflamatory.

For men its even better as it keeps testosterone levels high.

If you chew on a lot of raw stem ginger it will make your hair really strong.

Cinnamon, added to a pot of boiliing water is also great for clearing up strong cooking smells from the kitchen which can linger, long after your house/ apartment has been aired.

Astner

dadudemon

Astner
Fish does not count as "meat" to you? Odd. Never heard that before from a pescetarian. Maybe it's because people like to arbitrarily redefine words to make themselves feel better: not saying that's what you did.
Technically fish is meat, but it's structured differently. Similarly to how fish fats are unsaturated, as opposed to cows, pigs, chickens, and so on.

Anyway, the idea is that the bacteria in ours mouths produce waste products that for non-fish meat and eggs happen to have a more stingy odor.

Either way. My point is that water flushes down the these waste products.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Astner
Technically fish is meat, but it's structured differently. Similarly to how fish fats are unsaturated, as opposed to cows, pigs, chickens, and so on.

Anyway, the idea is that the bacteria in ours mouths produce waste products that for non-fish meat and eggs happen to have a more stingy odor.

Either way. My point is that water flushes down the these waste products.

Water is not the only solution (lol! ALMOST PUN!). Also eating a healthy diet with a decent amount of fiber is part of the solution. Oh...and exercise...and low-low-low stress. And plenty of sexual (butt safe (lol! Pun! WEEEEEE ENEEEEEE!)) activity.

Stoic
What if the bad smells did not originate from the persons mouth or stomach, but from their nasal passages? What would they do then? Would they stuff cinnamon up their nose? According to a report on the news, it is no longer safe to flush your nose with water, due to brain eating parasites. which happened to freak me the hell out, but whatever.

chinmoya
I just found this article through Google. I hope others here find it helpful:

Top 3 Remedies For Bad Breath - Get Rid of Bad Breath Forever!

Bad breath, formally known as Halitosis, affects a lot of people. While basically, it stems from a poor oral hygiene, sometimes it can also be caused by liver ailments, kidney troubles, acid reflux, sinusitis, gastro-intestinal problems, strep throat, or dental issues such as tooth decay, gum diseases, oral cancer, infected root canals, or a dry mouth! In this article I will tell you how to get rid of bad breath once and for all!

Your Diet is Everything: You know what they say: you are what you eat. This is as much true about the health of your internal organs as that of your teeth! If you eat crappy foods all the time, would it be any surprise if your breath too is always crappy? Hell, no! To be frank, you should be eating fruits and vegetables that keep you healthy by improving your digestion and keeping foul breath away from your mouth. Fruits rich in Vitamin C are great for fighting bad breath because of their acidic elements that kill the odor-causing bacteria developing in your mouth! Similarly, vegetables such as celeries and carrots are also well-known natural remedies for bad breath!

There are certain types of foods which you should try to avoid, if you want to maintain a fresh breath at all times, that is! One such food is meat. Meat has a tendency to get stuck in-between the spaces of your teeth and make your breath go foul; similarly, if you eat fish, its strong and stinky odor can affect your breath pretty badly; to be fair though, not everyone is in a portion to avoid these foods, in which case, they should brush and floss their teeth immediately after having any such food!

Same goes for milk and dairy products. Milk has a tendency to leave a whitish residue at the back of your tongue, which in turn results in offensive breath. In fact, if you scrape the back and front parts of your tongue with a spoon and then smell that whitish material, you would realize how foul it is! Imagine this whitish substance staying in your mouth for days, months and years! If consuming milk products is a must for you, please brush your teeth and clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner immediately after eating them; if possible, use a mouthwash to rinse your mouth as well!

Cheese is not always good for your breath. If you eat newly made cheese, it can certainly help make your breath fresh. Old and stinky cheese, on the other hand, can cause bad breath troubles!

Onion and garlic are known for their strong door; if you eat them boiled, they won't affect your breath much, but consuming them in raw form can indeed result in a malodorous breath! If you don't believe me, just ask someone in your household - preferably someone you trust to speak honestly and openly - to smell your breath a couple of hours after you have a meal containing raw onions and/or garlic; see what they say!

As a blanket rule, you should make sure that your mouth never goes dry, except of course when you sleep at night; when you sleep, the flow of saliva in your mouth is reduced to a considerable extent, resulting in a dry mouth and foul breath on the next morning; honestly, there is not much you can do about it really, except brushing your teeth as soon as you wake up! But that apart, you should keep your body hydrated all the time by drinking plenty of water throughout the day, starting with a glass of water early in the morning.

In addition, you should avoid, or at least reduce the consumption of, foods that make your body dehydrated, such as alcohol, tea, coffee, etc.

Post-Meal Smoking Kills: Cigarettes are bad - not just for your lungs, but also for your breath! When you eat a meal, your breath turns a bit foul anyway (depending on what you have eaten), thanks to the food particles that get stuck in between your teeth and on your tongue surface. On top of that, when you start smoking, your breath becomes worse because the chemicals that get released in your mouth during smoking makes your mouth become dry! Therefore, if possible, don't smoke cigarettes after a meal.

It is not just smoking that affects a person's breath negatively; chewing tobacco in any form can also result in an offensive breath!

How to Maintain Proper Oral Hygiene: You may not realize it, but your mouth contains a lot of odor-causing germs and microbes. Whenever you eat any kind of food, these germs also get their due from your food! If you brush your teeth regularly, then you basically take the food away from these germs by removing all the food particles stuck in your mouth. As a result, your breath becomes clean and fresh as mint! Most people brush only once in twenty-four hours; however, I would suggest that you brush your teeth at least twice a day, or even better, after each and every meal (including even light refreshments such as potato chips)!

However, in order to keep your mouth and breath squeaky-clean all the time, mere brushing is just not enough; you should also keep your tongue clean! If you have never cleaned your tongue before, chances are that a lot of food articles, dead skin cells, germs and microbes have been deposited on the rough surface of your tongue for years! Letting this sh*t stay and rot on your tongue can cause your breath to go foul! Use a good tongue cleaner to scrape the surface of your tongue at the time of brushing!

As I already pointed out in this article, bad breath is not always the result of a dirty mouth; the cause behind your offensive breath might be buried several layers deep! Who knows, you may be suffering from serious dental diseases such as tooth and gum decay! Just as you need to maintain your two-wheeler or car regularly in order to keep it running, similarly, you should make regular trips to your local dentist in order to take proper care of your teeth. In addition to pointing out the reason behind your malodorous breath, a dentist would also help clean the tartar and plaque from your mouth, thus preventing your gums and teeth from being damaged anymore!

Flossing your teeth is as important as brushing - more so if you are addicted to stuff such as alcohol - which makes your mouth become dry and leaves a stinky smell in your breath! If you are following any special diet then mint floss would be your best option. The great thing about mint floss is that it not only takes away the foul odor from your mouth, but also leaves a smell of fresh mint in your breath!

You should also keep a good quality mouthwash in your arsenal. As you might know already, foul breath is often caused by bacteria that reside in-between the spaces of your teeth, on the surface of your tongue, and generally, all around your mouth! Obviously, you can get rid of bad breath by killing this bacteria! Most decent mouthwashes contain an ingredient called cetylpyridinium chloride which is believed to be responsible for killing this kind of bacteria!

Usually, you would want to wash your mouth with a mouthwash at least two-three times a day - especially, after each and every meal you have! The general practice involves taking a particular amount (as suggested by your dentist) of the mouthwash in your mouth, gargling your mouth with it for about twenty to thirty seconds, and then spitting out the liquid!

There are both cheap and expensive mouthwash products available in the market. Obviously, most of the top brands would charge you an arm and a leg for a mouthwash, but there is no need to shell out so much money on this. A decent mouthwash should not cost a lot more than your regular toothpaste. In fact, mouthwashes can be purchased from the same shops which sell other oral health products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.

Most mouthwashes contain a fair amount of alcohol (believed to have strong antiseptic properties; alcohol can also be found in many aftershave lotions). I would suggest buying an alcohol-free mouthwash though, if you can! If you are not sure about which mouthwash to use, ask your dentist; also, don't forget to take advantage of any special offer/coupon code that can save you a few bucks!

Article Source: totalinfotips.com/garlic-breath/top-3-remedies-bad-breath-rid-bad-breath-forever.php

crystalmaden

I have no idea too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.