V for Vendetta runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
no prep. the fights in London at night. 1 day to rest between fights.

V gets all of his standard weapons/equipment, except that instead of platemail armor, he gets a Type IIIA kevlar vest. wink

Movie Versions of:

1. Catwoman from Batman Returns

2. The Punisher- M468 carbine, twin Colt .45s, 3 grenades, kevlar vest with white skull insignia, survival knife.

3. Batman (Begins)- standard equipment.

4. Daredevil

5. Blade- standard weapons

6. Predator- shoulder cannon, light armour, biohelmet, wrist blades, cloak and netgun.

7. Wolverine

8. Spiderman

9. The Juggernaut

10. Hulk

grey fox
Get's to two and dies.

braz
Originally posted by grey fox
Get's to two and dies.

how do u imagine thats going to happen?

grey fox
Originally posted by braz

how do u imagine thats going to happen?

Oh i dont know ...perhaps a gunshot wound to the FACE !

Punisher isn't a fuggin retard, headshots are pretty basic. He also has grenades which make quick work of Kevlar.

Redatom65
movie Bruce should be ahead of movie of Daredevil. He's stopped at 2. If he beats him there is no possible way of him getting past 3

braz
Oh i dont know ...perhaps a gunshot wound to the FACE !

Punisher isn't a fuggin retard, headshots are pretty basic. He also has grenades which make quick work of Kevlar.

lol. cute. well. I think we've both seen V for Vendetta(and if u havent u have no right to debate on this fight), and we can both see that guns arent too effective. shoot him in the head u say? his mask is metal, but regardless. V is way too stealthy for Frank. V would definitely have the drop on him & sneak up on Pun slice his adams apple before he even knew what was commin.

oh an btw. a Class IIIA kevlar vest is more than enough to repel shrapnel

grey fox
lol. cute. well. I think we've both seen V for Vendetta(and if u havent u have no right to debate on this fight), and we can both see that guns arent too effective. shoot him in the head u say? his mask is metal, but regardless. V is way too stealthy for Frank. V would definitely have the drop on him & sneak up on Pun slice his adams apple before he even knew what was commin.

oh an btw. a Class IIIA kevlar vest is more than enough to repel shrapnel

Dont try me son , I had the tpb FAR before the movie came out.

Punisher is more then prepped for this and V's mask isn't metal. Gun's aren't affective ? Now YOU must be the one who didn't see the film/read the book , considering a gun was the very thing that did V in.

The vest accounts only for his chest.

braz
Dont try me son , I had the tpb FAR before the movie came out.

Punisher is more then prepped for this and V's mask isn't metal. Gun's aren't affective ? Now YOU must be the one who didn't see the film/read the book , considering a gun was the very thing that did V in.

The vest accounts only for his chest.

lol. ok

well if u've seen the movie then I know u can obviously tell me that V is very, very durable and that a couple of bullets isnt even close to being enough to do V in before V kills him. yes, hes only protected in the chest area, but considering he took close to 100 bullets straight up while wearing plate mail armor which isnt even bulletproof by any means, shows that Frank isnt going to easily kill him. and plus, that doesnt even matter. V'd would have the drop on Frank anyway, Franks not even on V's level of stealth skill.

grey fox
lol. ok

well if u've seen the movie then I know u can obviously tell me that V is very, very durable and that a couple of bullets isnt even close to being enough to do V in before V kills him. yes, hes only protected in the chest area, but considering he took close to 100 bullets straight up while wearing plate mail armor which isnt even bulletproof by any means, shows that Frank isnt going to easily kill him. and plus, that doesnt even matter. V'd would have the drop on Frank anyway, Franks not even on V's level of stealth skill.

He pulled out the Mail which was covered in an inordinate amount of bullets and the staggered away to die !

That is not 'taking a bullet' that is called PIS . He should have dropped dead then and there but didn't because they (Wachowski's) mucked up the scene.

They basically raped the entire ending chapter to suit their 'needs'.

braz
He pulled out the Mail which was covered in an inordinate amount of bullets and the staggered away to die !

That is not 'taking a bullet' that is called PIS . He should have dropped dead then and there but didn't because they (Wachowski's) mucked up the scene.

They basically raped the entire ending chapter to suit their 'needs'.

oh. ok.

well to me, that just sounds like its ur opinion. erm because ive never heard from anyone else that that was PIS. if u paid attention in the movie, it said V had enhanced physical attributes which included durability, because when they tested the virus on him, it made him even stronger and more durable or immune(less likely to die), and he was able to withstand that much firepower for just enough time to live to kill them, but then died after that. he still died, it just didnt kill him immediately. and the platemail would have helped actually with the bullets, it just wouldnt have stopped them completely like kevlar would.

grey fox
oh. ok.

well to me, that just sounds like its ur opinion. erm because ive never heard from anyone else that that was PIS. if u paid attention in the movie, it said V had enhanced physical attributes which included durability, because when they tested the virus on him, it made him even stronger and more durable or immune(less likely to die), and he was able to withstand that much firepower for just enough time to live to kill them, but then died after that. he still died, it just didnt kill him immediately. and the platemail would have helped actually with the bullets, it just wouldnt have stopped them completely like kevlar would.

Heres why it's PIS.

The Wachowski brothers couldn't pull a Sin City and port the entire book into a film (To be quite honest I doubt hacks like them could). Due to varying factors , so they changed several parts of the plot.

One of these is the Major focus upon Finch , within the book it took a different twist and Finch ended up confronting V and shot him once (possibly thrice) with a revovler. Due to the aforementioned early plot changes (and the Wachowski brothers love of 'bullet time') they ended V with a cliched 'showdown'.

They then resumed where the book left off with him crawling back to Evey to die.

So V's mere survival is all down to the Wachowski's making a error.

Also V's abilites are/were never centered on his durability. Book wise it's Speed/Strength and intelligence. In the Movie it's just reflexes and his Intelligence

braz
Heres why it's PIS.

The Wachowski brothers couldn't pull a Sin City and port the entire book into a film (To be quite honest I doubt hacks like them could). Due to varying factors , so they changed several parts of the plot.

One of these is the Major focus upon Finch , within the book it took a different twist and Finch ended up confronting V and shot him once (possibly thrice) with a revovler. Due to the aforementioned early plot changes (and the Wachowski brothers love of 'bullet time') they ended V with a cliched 'showdown'.

They then resumed where the book left off with him crawling back to Evey to die.

So V's mere survival is all down to the Wachowski's making a error.

Also V's abilites are/were never centered on his durability. Book wise it's Speed/Strength and intelligence. In the Movie it's just reflexes and his Intelligence

V had enhanced durability. it even said it in the movie that when they tested him with the virus, he was unaffected. so thats a dead give away and testing it more on him enhanced that even more.
and sometimes movies just arent exactly true to the comics with the way things happened in the story. thats y theres movie versions of some comic characters and the original versions in the comics.

beta ray bob
the punisher has some of the best aim in the marvel universe, he shot spiderman's web in half, at one of his first comic appearances, let's see v take 100 WELL AIMED bullets

Redatom65
eek! BRB, I haven't welcomed you back!

braz
Originally posted by beta ray bob
the punisher has some of the best aim in the marvel universe, he shot spiderman's web in half, at one of his first comic appearances, let's see v take 100 WELL AIMED bullets

yyea, but that was like in what. the 70's with his first appearance. i dont even think thats canon anymore. now Pun would never be able to tag Spidey especially if he cant tag Daredevil. besides, why am i even having this discussion, this is MOVIE Punisher.

bean_machine
God not V vs Punisher again. Doesn't get past 2. This has been discussed heavily before. Nothing V did in the movie was very impressive at all.

bean_machine
Originally posted by beta ray bob

All those bullets were not properly aimed at V's head. When going for a kill you aim for the head. If those 100 bullets were aimed to his head he would have died instantly. Every time you aim make it for the head and you will get an instant kill. With all the ammo Pun is given, he will land headshots.

bean_machine
I mean for god sake the guy kept taking bullet after bullet after bullet. You would think that after a couple of shots and after seeing that V was not moving, those damn idiots would start aiming for the head. That is what I or any other reasonable person would do.

braz
Originally posted by bean_machine
God not V vs Punisher again. Doesn't get past 2. This has been discussed heavily before. Nothing V did in the movie was very impressive at all.

blink

Taking straight up 100+ bullets all at once isnt impressive to u in the least bit???! then Idunno what ur smokin', I wanna try some of it though. laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

V was also stealthy like Batman, and he isnt afraid to kill like Batman is. a knife goes through Franks throat and game over. I say he makes it to 5 or 6.

Batman-Prime
V versus all the Movieversions of those chars? He gets till the Hulk or Spiderman and stops there. BTW i would put the Movie Juggernaut below Spiderman.

braz
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
V versus all the Movieversions of those chars? He gets till the Hulk or Spiderman and stops there. BTW i would put the Movie Juggernaut below Spiderman.

wink

bean_machine
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

Nowhere is is stated that all chars are the movie versions.

SpunkySmurph
Nowhere is is stated that all chars are the movie versions. Originally posted by braz

V gets all of his standard weapons/equipment, except that instead of platemail armor, he gets a Type IIIA kevlar vest. wink

Movie Versions of:

2. The Punisher- M468 carbine, twin Colt .45s, 3 grenades, kevlar vest with white skull insignia, survival knife.

4. Daredevil

6. Predator- shoulder cannon, light armour, biohelmet, wrist blades, cloak and netgun.

7. Wolverine

8. Spiderman

9. The Juggernaut

10. Hulk

no expression

Batman-Prime
edit

Tassadar
Originally posted by Redatom65
movie Bruce should be ahead of movie of Daredevil. He's stopped at 2. If he beats him there is no possible way of him getting past 3

Cosigned.

Bouboumaster
IF he pass 2, I see it pass 3. And die horribly to Ben Affleck.

grey fox
V had enhanced durability. it even said it in the movie that when they tested him with the virus, he was unaffected. so thats a dead give away and testing it more on him enhanced that even more.
and sometimes movies just arent exactly true to the comics with the way things happened in the story. thats y theres movie versions of some comic characters and the original versions in the comics.

Yes , he was unaffected because thats what GAVE him his powers. His body technically 'absorbed' the virus into itself. That's it. He has ZERO enhanced durability.Originally posted by braz
yyea, but that was like in what. the 70's with his first appearance. i dont even think thats canon anymore. now Pun would never be able to tag Spidey especially if he cant tag Daredevil. besides, why am i even having this discussion, this is MOVIE Punisher.

You mean the punisher who took out an entire building full of mobsters without getting severely wounded winkOriginally posted by braz
blink

Taking straight up 100+ bullets all at once isnt impressive to u in the least bit???! then Idunno what ur smokin', I wanna try some of it though. laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

V was also stealthy like Batman, and he isnt afraid to kill like Batman is. a knife goes through Franks throat and game over. I say he makes it to 5 or 6.

100 bullets isn't a good feat , especially when your wearing ARMOUR. V wasn't stealthy like Batman , he had insane prep. That's all. Give me twenty years of prep and I could certainly do all the shit he did in the film.Originally posted by Batman-Prime

You sir are a dumbass

braz
Yes , he was unaffected because thats what GAVE him his powers. His body technically 'absorbed' the virus into itself. That's it. He has ZERO enhanced durability.

You mean the punisher who took out an entire building full of mobsters without getting severely wounded wink

100 bullets isn't a good feat , especially when your wearing ARMOUR. V wasn't stealthy like Batman , he had insane prep. That's all. Give me twenty years of prep and I could certainly do all the shit he did in the film.

You sir are a dumbass

Dude. its simple. the virus killed them. it didnt kill him. it even stated when they were showing rooms 1-5 that he had an abnormal immune system. and getting the virus gave him his powers. which included enhanced durability. believe me, they wouldnt have had just a normal human get shot up 100+ times and live to kill 12 people before he died. theres no ****ing way. that would be PIS to such an extent to where it would ruin the entire movie, and it didnt, everyone still thought it was a great film. and platemail armor is by no means bulletproof at all. however, it probably helped resist some of the bullets or slowed their velocity right before they struck him, but thats it. its not like kevlar.

and if I recall, Punisher snuck up on like 3 guys w/o them knowing and offguard, used prep to blow up about 4-5 with planted anti-personel mines, and then took out about 5 straight up while getting shot 3 times in which he woulda died if it wasnt for his kevlar vest. doesnt sound that impressive to me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

and V was very stealthy, he snuck up on all those people to kill that had to do with the bioterrorist attack and killed them all, but still let them see him for the sake of scaring the piss out of them. wink

grey fox
Dude. its simple. the virus killed them. it didnt kill him. it even stated when they were showing rooms 1-5 that he had an abnormal immune system. and getting the virus gave him his powers. which included enhanced durability. believe me, they wouldnt have had just a normal human get shot up 100+ times and live to kill 12 people before he died. theres no ****ing way. that would be PIS to such an extent to where it would ruin the entire movie, and it didnt, everyone still thought it was a great film. and platemail armor is by no means bulletproof at all. however, it probably helped resist some of the bullets or slowed their velocity right before they struck him, but thats it. its not like kevlar.

and if I recall, Punisher snuck up on like 3 guys w/o them knowing and offguard, used prep to blow up about 4-5 with planted anti-personel mines, and then took out about 5 straight up while getting shot 3 times in which he woulda died if it wasnt for his kevlar vest. doesnt sound that impressive to me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

and V was very stealthy, he snuck up on all those people to kill that had to do with the bioterrorist attack and killed them all, but still let them see him for the sake of scaring the piss out of them. wink

As I said , it's because the Wachowski's raped the storyline. THIS , is why Alan Moore (may he write awesome comics forever) got so pissed off.

And once more V had TWENTY YEARS OF PREP. Any joe schmoe with twenty years of prep could do EXACTLY the same as V.

braz
As I said , it's because the Wachowski's raped the storyline. THIS , is why Alan Moore (may he write awesome comics forever) got so pissed off.

And once more V had TWENTY YEARS OF PREP. Any joe schmoe with twenty years of prep could do EXACTLY the same as V.

twenty years..?? where ru getting this from.? i must've missed that in the movie.. >_>
but besides that doesnt even matter. that was just blowing up the House of Parliament. anyone would take a long time to do that.

Badabing

Movie Versions of:

4. Daredevil

7. Wolverine

8. Spiderman

9. The Juggernaut

10. Hulk V stops at 5. I'm not saying he'd take the majority in 2, 3 and 4 but he can beat them imho.

bean_machine
blink

100 bullets that were not aimed properly at his head.

Frank is smarter than that. He is more willing to kill, won't let V get close and he will blast away V's head.

bean_machine
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
no expression

Awww f*** I am blind. Still V does not make it past Blade.

braz
100 bullets that were not aimed properly at his head.

Frank is smarter than that. He is more willing to kill, won't let V get close and he will blast away V's head.

yeah, I'd like to see that happen. I'm sure V would just jump out right in front of Frank with a red clown suit on yelling "SHOOT ME!!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

nahfool. dont see that happening. no if he was really trying and knew he could vulnerably get shot in the head with him seeing him, I think he'd sneak up on him w/o him even knowing and go for the kill.

braz
Awww f*** I am blind. Still V does not make it past Blade.

big grin wink

bean_machine
yeah, I'd like to see that happen. I'm sure V would just jump out right in front of Frank with a red clown suit on yelling "SHOOT ME!!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

nahfool. dont see that happening. no if he was really trying and knew he could vulnerably get shot in the head with him seeing him, I think he'd sneak up on him w/o him even knowing and go for the kill.

If its movie Frank then I agree with you. Comic Frank tags his head time and time again. That white mask of his is a very nice target for Frank. Movie V was not impressive at all.

V goes down hard at Movie Blade.

braz
If its movie Frank then I agree with you. Comic Frank tags his head time and time again. That white mask of his is a very nice target for Frank. Movie V was not impressive at all.

V goes down hard at Movie Blade.

yes, I would agree that comic Punisher would beat him because thats comics. but how was movie V not impressive at all ??? I just dont see how u can think that. erm

Donkey Punch
The one from the book gets too 4. smile

bean_machine
yes, I would agree that comic Punisher would beat him because thats comics. but how was movie V not impressive at all ??? I just dont see how u can think that. erm

I own the movie and I think its great. i just was not impressed by his feats at all.

braz
I own the movie and I think its great. i just was not impressed by his feats at all.

Ok then. besides taking 100+ bullets w/o dying and slaying 12 gunmen so fast that they cant even reload and taking down 4 British cops in close quarters who all had guns w/o getting shot once. what WOULD impress u? to see him levitate and stop time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

bean_machine
Ok then. besides taking 100+ bullets w/o dying and slaying 12 gunmen so fast that they cant even reload and taking down 4 British cops in close quarters who all had guns w/o getting shot once. what WOULD impress u? to see him levitate and stop time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well if he took 100+ bullets in the head w/o dying and slaying the 12 gunmen at FTL speeds, throw in omniversal TK, TP, and unchallanged time manipulation, then I might be impressed. JK laughing

Naw, its just that I guess I was not impressed because the British cops were not that impressive.

I guess what impresses me about a comic book hero is the feats that occur when battling a villian of equal or greater powerset, skill, etc.

V lacked a counterpart, to show off his uber-skills. Thats all.

grey fox

Because all he did was mostly take out rent-a-cops , civilians and threw things at stationary targets.

THATS why his feats are unimpressiveOriginally posted by braz
twenty years..?? where ru getting this from.? i must've missed that in the movie.. >_>
but besides that doesnt even matter. that was just blowing up the House of Parliament. anyone would take a long time to do that.

No , the twenty years was for the WHOLE 'Vendetta'.

*sigh*

Once again , while wearing armour and in a f*cked up scene. Do you know how long it takes to reload , it takes more then a few seconds to reload a fire-arm. Some take several minutes.

braz
Because all he did was mostly take out rent-a-cops , civilians and threw things at stationary targets.

THATS why his feats are unimpressive

No , the twenty years was for the WHOLE 'Vendetta'.

*sigh*

Once again , while wearing armour and in a f*cked up scene. Do you know how long it takes to reload , it takes more then a few seconds to reload a fire-arm. Some take several minutes.

that is true, they were all just pawns, and werent exactly like the British SAS or anything. but still, even if they were just thugs I would say thats worthy of honorable mention. and V didnt really go all out. he could've used stealth to avoid getting shot, and he didnt(like Batman in Batman Begins). and V just didnt have a villain or anything to match him in his skills, thats what didnt really impress me now that I think about it.

but I thought the whole Vendetta took 15 years? confused

bean_machine
...and V just didnt have a villain or anything to match him in his skills, thats what didnt really impress me now that I think about it...

That is what i've been saying all along. If V were pushed by an equal counterpart maybe he would have impressed me more.

...I guess what impresses me about a comic book hero is the feats that occur when battling a villian of equal or greater powerset, skill, etc.

V lacked a counterpart, to show off his uber-skills. Thats all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.