The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Offical site:
http://www.2kgames.com/thedarkness/

some gameplay videos:
http://www.gamertagradio.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=3654

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23276

Morridini
Seemed interesting, but no Wii or PC version means its not for me.

ragesRemorse
game looks nice. Finally a damn good gamn in the midst aside from bioshock

juggernaut66666
I can't wait for the demo.

Smasandian
Is thier a timeline for the demo?

It's the same guys who made Riddick, so I'm expecting it will be good.

InnerRise
I was under the impression that Riddick wasn't anything special.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Smasandian
Is thier a timeline for the demo?

It's the same guys who made Riddick, so I'm expecting it will be good.
There is no demo yet.
The game will be relased either on the 1st of May or the 25th of June.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by InnerRise

The Riddick game was praised far and wide by critics. It was one of the best games of its year.

Smasandian
Originally posted by InnerRise

Nah man, that game rocked.

It was a perfect blend of sneaking, action and story and the graphics were pretty awesome to boot.

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
game looks nice. Finally a damn good gamn in the midst aside from bioshock

totally agree with you, both these games are looking incredible. Lots of xbox360 time for me this summer

Impediment
I already reserved my copy for PS3. I'm a fan of the comic book, and I figure that I'll love the game as well.

Estacado
Here is the official cover.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8498/dk360fobfinal1cb5.jpg

Rewmac
I hope it will be as good as you say...

Menetnashté
Bump.

Aside from some glitches and lag, this game is pretty friggin' awesome! The plot is loosely based on the comics but it's still good and the graphics are great. Not to mention the Darkness itself being shweet

Violent2Dope
I looked up shit on the gameplay and all in all the game looks sweet. God I need a 360. Btw, does anyone know who plays the song on the commercial?

Xenogears
Originally posted by Estacado
Offical site:
http://www.2kgames.com/thedarkness/

some gameplay videos:
http://www.gamertagradio.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=3654

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23276 *Faints*

Holy crap this game looks amazing. I need to get a 360, A.S.A.P!

Xenogears
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8498/dk360fobfinal1cb5.jpg

*Dies literally*

Violent2Dope
He summons darklings and shit in gameplay. Seriously tho, who does the song on the commercials?

Xenogears
I love it for its dark nature and gothic look.

Violent2Dope
Who does the song...I'm dying to know...I catch myself singing it to myself randomly...THIS IS EVOLUTION!

Xenogears
fXg-mffkY48The song is Cruci-Fiction In Space by Marilyn Manson.

Violent2Dope
Oh ok. Alot of my friends listen to him, I never really got into him but hehe that song was so kickass it changed my mind.

Xenogears
I wish I can make my eyes glow and summon those dark creatures.

They look like Heartless! eek!

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
I wish I can make my eyes glow and summon those dark creatures.

They look like Heartless! eek! YEAH!big grin

Xenogears
Just to prove my pointJ62ZRej7Nn0

Violent2Dope
You can summon tentacles(some are short with mouths), darklings(those heartless looking f*ckers), and even open a black hole.

xNIXSONx
first picture i ever saw on this game was the darkling w/ the hockey jersey on a rooftop, it looked pretty cool, i thought this game was gonna be like you play as a kid that turns into a monster goin through that tough time hero thing lol way off tho, gotta check out this game tho haha

Xenogears
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You can summon tentacles(some are short with mouths), darklings(those heartless looking f*ckers), and even open a black hole. Sweet.

Violent2Dope
Basically you have guns and the Darkness as weapons, and you can use both simultaneously.

Xenogears
*Shoots*

*Sends off creatures*

Attack them!

Violent2Dope
*shoots*
*sends darklings*
*tears foes to pieces with tentacles*
*opens black hole*
"PIZZOWNED MUTHAFACKO!"

Xenogears
lol

Violent2Dope
You have Dark Points tho, so you can't just use dark move after move, or you'd kill everything.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You have Dark Points tho, so you can't just use dark move after move, or you'd kill everything.
Once you get black hole technique...you do kill everything, you're literally invincible, you can wipe out five people at once.
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
first picture i ever saw on this game was the darkling w/ the hockey jersey on a rooftop, it looked pretty cool, i thought this game was gonna be like you play as a kid that turns into a monster goin through that tough time hero thing lol way off tho, gotta check out this game tho haha
You have to find outfits for them, there are several types of darklings.
-Berserker's which have the outfits you saw, they can get suits with new weapons, right now I think mine has on a lumberjack suit and hacks people up with the saw
-Gunner, the most useful imo, they're tiny soldiers with gatling guns and can help you out with distractions.
-Kamikazes they run up to shit and blow up.
-Lightbreaker(something like that) they have electricity volt packs on their back and they usually just take out lights on the pathway, it's good for saving ammo. Since you have to take out lights to use your darkness power

Violent2Dope

Estacado
This game is awesome though the multiplayer part needs a patch for the lag to be fixed.

Menetnashté
This game is awesome though the multiplayer part needs a patch for the lag to be fixed.
I don't have Xbox live so that doesn't really bother me erm but the game itself gets laggy and glitches at times.

DanZeke25
I just rented this game. It's niice as hell so far. I'm still figuring out how to use the Darkness and everthing. So far all i have is the beserker. Can I send him out anytime? I sent him out the first time when they told me too, when it moved the car that was blocking the gate. But later i tried again and nothing happened. I looked and it said that I can't leave it in the light or it dies. That's probably what happened since I didn't know that at the time. So is it dead forever?

DanZeke25
Nevermind, I figured it out.

Impediment
I just beat the game on easy mode. It was a very satisfying game, but the ending was a little cryptic, if you ask me.

All in all, a very good buy.

I'm about to start again on medium difficulty.

DanZeke25
All I have to say is..... F*CK THE HILLS!

It's so damn hard. I follow the path, kill a few enemies, then I'll be shooting another dude when all of a sudden I'm teleported. But I'm not teleported back to the beginning but I'm teleported about 5 steps, and I have no idea where the guy i was shooting at is. So when I start to look for him, he shoots me and I die. It happens every damn time. This part would be a little better if they weren't friggen Undead enemies and I didn't have to devour each and every one of there hearts.

Impediment
Yeah. The Hills, in Hell, were a little disorienting.

I also never, or hardly, rather, use the Darkness Guns. I feel it's a useless weapon.

DanZeke25
F*ck, theres more Hills in Hell? Or is the War place considered Hell?

Impediment
The place you go to when Jackie commits suicide is, more or less, Hell or, rather, like a holding area for the hosts of the Darkness, alive or dead, I guess.

The Hill area is quite easy to maneuver through once you get the Darkness guns, since it is the only place where the guns matter.

Estacado
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah. The Hills, in Hell, were a little disorienting.

I also never, or hardly, rather, use the Darkness Guns. I feel it's a useless weapon.
Yup they are only good if you play on easy.....

Xenogears
There's a Hell/Demonic Realm in every video game I've played.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by DanZeke25
F*ck, theres more Hills in Hell? Or is the War place considered Hell?
The place you are in is the Darkness's mind (this next part won't be spoilers for you but for others) since Jackie blew his own brains out the Darkness needs time to 'repair' him. While he's doing this he has to put Jackie's mind somewhere. So he puts him in a world created by the Darkness, where he first came into Jackie's family, and the only place he can be controlled. that was my understanding anyway.
But if you still have the game the hills isn't hard, but you must have Darkness out at ALL times there. And you can't be teleported, besides I've heard you need it to see the Crucified.

Impediment
I just beat the game on Medium, and the final battle at Paulie's Hideout during the solar eclipse was both intense and insanely hard.

I can't wait to try the game on Hard mode.

Also, I've completed ALL of the side quests except for a few. One I can't figure out is giving the letter from Vinny Mortarello to the man with the red hat riding on the A train at the Fulton station. Where the hell is he?!?!?

Estacado
Only 1 achievment and the the game is complete I'm at 49/50.jam

Impediment
I have 38/50 achievments.

Estacado
Originally posted by Impediment
I can't figure out is giving the letter from Vinny Mortarello to the man with the red hat riding on the A train at the Fulton station. Where the hell is he?!?!?
He is at Canal street station at one of the drink machines.(Near one of the stairs Chinatown IIRC)

Impediment
He is at Canal street station at one of the drink machines.(Near one of the stairs Chinatown IIRC)

hmm I see. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

Estacado
Here is a sidequest walkthrough if you have missed anyone...
http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/18331/19579/the_darkness/xbox_360

Impediment
Thanx again.

Smasandian
Fun game.

I rarely used the Darkness powers. I loved just shooting everybody, it was pretty rewarding.

That's until I realized I could hold down the RB button with the Darkness spear like thing and throw the guys around. That was pretty fun.

I didnt do any of the side mission aside from Vinny's. I couldnt find the windown where that guy is. I think the problem was that I tried to find him after I went after the police captain.

One thing I didnt really like was the the load times. They werent long, but just annoying for the side mission that you constantly had to go to different places. One load screen for to get the station, one load screen to get into the actual part of the city, killed the guy I had to kill, get back to the station, which required another load screen, and then had to get to the other station to get my collectable. For 2 minutes of action, its like another 4 minutes of load screens. It was annoying.

Fun game and pretty good story too.

Estacado
Yeah the loading thing is annoying....
I love the darklings they were so funny like when he goes to a corpse and pisses on it and says something like "enjoy your retirement" or saying stuff like "hey you f*ck face"....haermm

Impediment
I just beat the game on Hard mode.

Goddamn. It was hard. no expression

But very rewarding.

Smasandian
I didnt mind the cutscene will loading. It was just the amount of loading, especially on gathering missions.

Estacado
I reached 1000/1000 yesterday....w00tw00t

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.